Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Saesee Tiin

Page: 2 of 4
 Eldritch
01-15-2003, 1:36 AM
Looks good, Psyk0Sith. I think you hit the nail on the head with the shape of the face/jawline. I do agree with Sinister on the eyes, though. I think they're too wide and could be just a tad taller. Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work!
 Sinister12
01-15-2003, 7:08 AM
Yep, I made another comparisson and I'm gonna have to agree with Matt that the tip of the nose needs to jut down a little more, making it more obvious.

Despite the fact your showing us the model, too be honest it's a little tough to make an overall comparisson while it hasn't got a skin on it - that's just a point I'm making, not saying that a skin should be put on him now.

But at this point in time, I still put forth my two earlier suggestions and agree with the one Matt made with the nose.

This model is DEFINATELY on the right track, without question, it's making some great progress, but thing is, it's sometimes the little things that can also make a difference.
 Psyk0Sith
01-15-2003, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback, i'll do some changes and post more later.

I think i'm pretty much done with the face details, except some adjusments of course.

The reference i use for the front is not 100% straight and his head is kind of looking down, this can change the perspective and cause mistakes. But thanx to you guys i can see proportion errors and fix them. Thanx!
 Sinister12
01-15-2003, 6:46 PM
No problem at all. I sometimes wish I was still posting here while you were doing the model Ki-Adi Mundi to provide my 2c, that model turned out extremely well too. I like offering my 2c, in hope that it will aid in perhaps making the creator see/adjust things that will improve the model on the whole.

You are doing a great job with modelling the slightly less popular Jedi Masters(and Council members).
 MasterKoon237
01-17-2003, 2:57 PM
not to be impolite, but any updates? Or are you still workin on Ponda?
 Psyk0Sith
01-17-2003, 3:55 PM
Ponda still needs some work, like the caps and finger weights, i'll update when i have something new for Saesee.
 nomad
01-18-2003, 9:38 PM
Looking really great PsykoSith!
You really do have the face shape looking right. I would agree that the eyes might be too wide and narrow, though it does look really cool as is.
I'm definitley looking forward to this one :)

Oh, the horns might get a little too thin on your model, as opposed to how his seem to stay wider and have a bit more of a twist. Just nitpicks... I would be more than happy with the way he is... besides the blue skin ;)

-nomad

MTFBWY
 Psyk0Sith
01-20-2003, 4:40 PM
I'm almost done with the head, i actually sent it in-game to take a look at the smoothing and shading.

I think it's fine the way it is (dont worry i've adjusted some features) I'll post a screenshot later. About 800 polys without the horns, might be a bit too much, but he's got no body yet so i'll wait to optimize more.

The horns are still in the rough shape, i'll lower the polycount and make them "fatter".

I dunno which outfit he should have, maybe both...plus a hood. But i'll see how it goes when i start to model.

Stay tuned!
 El Sitherino
01-20-2003, 4:56 PM
sounds good. looking forward to seeing it.
 Psyk0Sith
01-20-2003, 7:54 PM
need someone to confirm this...

from inbred's screenshots, it looks like the back of the head's got
a seam in the middle, am i seeing things?

http://www.geocities.com/inbredyokel2000/saesee2.txt)
 El Sitherino
01-20-2003, 8:14 PM
i see it to.
 Mest
01-20-2003, 10:28 PM
i am not sure if it is a seam or just a line going down the back of his head.
 ninja
01-21-2003, 2:23 AM
nah its not a seam, its just the chape of his skull. at most of the pics of this character seen face forward, you can see at the tip of his head, it parts in the middle. so its like a big butt crack in the back of his head. lol
 kenad
01-21-2003, 7:39 AM
I'd call it a seam.

Define seam :rolleyes:

There is definitely a small dip running down it.

Is that a seam?:(
 Psyk0Sith
01-26-2003, 2:56 PM
I've been quite busy this week, so i had no time to update the model...

Yesterday i started modelling the robe, I've only done the hood it's nothing much but i think it's coming along nicely.

I'll work on the robe itself this week. I will try to add some folds this time ;).

The hood (http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/hood.jpg)

I will probably do the other outfit too...dunno if inbred is willing to skin two outfits, i could ask marz to help out when his Zam model is completed.

Oh by the way, i did add a seam to the head.
 Dark Jawa
01-26-2003, 2:57 PM
looks very good PsykoSith ;) keep up the good work !!!!
 inbredyokel
01-26-2003, 5:44 PM
The hood looks very nice...and I don't mind skinning 2 models if you don't mind modeling them :)
 El Sitherino
01-26-2003, 5:51 PM
looks great psyk0 cant wait.
 MasterKoon237
01-26-2003, 6:33 PM
That looks real sweet(even though it is just a hood)! Like "Dark Jawa" said "keep up the good work!"
 Sinister12
01-26-2003, 9:36 PM
Looks awesome Psyk0sith. Keep up the good work!
 Psyk0Sith
01-31-2003, 7:10 PM
I started to model the non-robed version because i wasnt too satistified with the results of the robe...it's kinda difficult to make good looking folds.

anyways here's the non-robed version in-progress and improved head.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/update02.jpg)
 Sounds Risky
01-31-2003, 8:19 PM
Ooooh, me like!
 Dragonlancer
01-31-2003, 8:53 PM
Looks awsome man, nice to see updates. Can't wait to play with him!
 inbredyokel
01-31-2003, 9:08 PM
Looking good, although I think it could lose a few few folds all around (to make it look less dress-like :D ) From the pictures it looks like the material down there is pretty rigid. Also, upon looking at aotc and seeing saesee in action, it appears that the tabbards go all the way down on both the front and back, and there is a slit going all the way up to his waist on the right side that kind of overlaps a little in the front. Perhaps this will better illustrate...

http://www.geocities.com/inbredyokel2000/saeseeshots.txt)

His face looks kinda wide too, but it just might be the angle. You can see in these shots from both movies though that he does have a very square jaw and narrow face.

Ep 1 http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/saeseetiin/img/eu_bg.jpg)

Ep 2
http://www.starwarskids.com/behind_the_saga/epII_news/2001/22/img/saesee.jpg)

Hope this stuff helps!
 Khier
01-31-2003, 10:44 PM
Hey this model is looking mighty fine, good job, Psyk0! :) The hood looks pretty good too, but will you be making one that goes on over his head? Again very nice job :)
 Sinister12
01-31-2003, 10:50 PM
That looks awesome so far Psyk0Sith. Keep up the good work!:)
 Psyk0Sith
02-01-2003, 12:03 AM
and there is a slit going all the way up to his waist on the right side that kind of overlaps a little in the front. Perhaps this will better illustrate...

I think i see what you mean. I guess i'll have to open it up on HIS left side?

Any suggestions on how i should "pose" the mesh? cuz it wont be flowing all around the place like in the real world!

I think a simple opening to see his legs would work. That also means more polys...

He seems to have a very large face if you look at this pic:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/depa_bg.jpg)
 inbredyokel
02-01-2003, 1:06 AM
True, I hadn't noticed that. I guess his horns make funky shadows that cover it up. In that case, the head is eeeeexcellent ::gently taps fingers together:: As for the slit thing, the best way IMO is to model it as it would be in standing position, but with it a bit more open. I'm not a huge fan of models that have the clothing constantly in a "movement position."
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
02-01-2003, 1:42 AM
all i can say is WOW. ive tried modeling before [Pablo-Jill] and i kno how hard it is to get every detail perfect. i have nothing but total respect for you as this model pleases me to the fullest. oh ya, great updates to, nice and frequent...great work here :)
 Psyk0Sith
02-01-2003, 2:51 AM
I'm not a huge fan of models that have the clothing constantly in a "movement position."
That's exactly why i was concerned with it. I'm gonna try to make it work the best i can.

The hood looks pretty good too, but will you be making one that goes on over his head?
Hmm maybe, once i get at least one outfit done, i'll start working on the possibilities.

Oh and thanx for the good words guys, i appreciate the feedback.
 GreenDevil
02-01-2003, 5:31 PM
you are KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
 Some 1 guy
02-02-2003, 8:16 PM
Good job so far! Keep up the good work!;)
 nomad
02-03-2003, 12:32 AM
That is looking really sweet! :D

Very nice! Thanks so much for taking this cool model on.
Good luck with the robes, I know how frustrating they can be with the JK2 engine.
I thought you did a good job with Yareal's robes (within the limitations). What are the main differences between building and weighting Yareal's robe as opposed to Saesse's robes?

-nomad

MTFBWY
 Psyk0Sith
02-03-2003, 1:45 AM
I thought you did a good job with Yareal's robes (within the limitations). What are the main differences between building and weighting Yareal's robe as opposed to Saesse's robes?

I want to add folds so it looks a bit more realistic, Yarael's robe was quite plain.

I just finished modelling his boots (a bit of my own interpretation based on the DVD screens from inbred)...i need some sleep.

I'll post some updates later this week.

...thanx guys :)
 El Sitherino
02-03-2003, 1:59 AM
to Psyk0:
http://www.wsmcafe.com/users/02022012yd2/image4index.jpg) i think that sums my feelings up.
 Psyk0Sith
02-04-2003, 5:05 PM
Any thoughts on the tabbards? as suggested, i opened it so it looks less of a dress ;). Also toned down the folds.

I posed it very straight so it would open up and show the lower body but only in extreme movement i guess.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/tabs00.jpg)
I thought maybe i could use the first version of the tabbards (with lots of folds) to create the Jedi robe...that would make a nice starting point.

I'm not sure if folds will matter, since the robe is very dark. Oh well i guess we'll have to wait and see.
 SupremePain
02-04-2003, 6:07 PM
YOUVE DONE IT AGAIN MAN! hes looking very very nice, but that open (lets just call it a kilt hehe) kilt isent what he has in the movie is it? i dont realy think it looked like a dress before
 boinga1
02-04-2003, 7:19 PM
looks good, REAL good
 Ronin_Medjai
02-05-2003, 1:38 AM
Not sure what that gy looks like but that pic shows his chest real bulky just thought id give my quick Two Cents looks good other than that keep it up.
 Sinister12
02-05-2003, 7:19 AM
Saesee is apparently pretty solid, and he's around 6', 6'1" tall(which means he would be a little shorter than your Ki-Adi Mundi model Psyk0). So far looks very impressive Psyk0Sith. I like this model.
 Psyk0Sith
02-05-2003, 2:21 PM
Remember that this is a WIP...so it will most likely evolve over time, and the chest proportions are roughly based on Kyle's torso.
isent what he has in the movie is it? i dont realy think it looked like a dress before
That's what he's wearing, according to the screenshot i saw...i guess you could call that a kilt! :).
The "kilt" in action... (http://www.geocities.com/inbredyokel2000/saeseeshots.txt)
 Sinister12
02-05-2003, 7:38 PM
Is it just me or is Saesee carrying a blue lightsaber in battle? I thought he had a green one?
 Psyk0Sith
02-05-2003, 8:22 PM
I have no idea why, but it seems that's what George wanted in the movie...
 Altus_Thrawn
02-05-2003, 8:32 PM
Looking very good, I like the "kilt" idea.
I wish I could model like that...awsome.
 Mest
02-07-2003, 12:25 AM
the different color lightsabers are a technical error from the special effects team. if you watch the end scene close enough you will see many jedi including even ki adi with 2 different saber colors. i blame it on just poor memory.
 Dragonlancer
02-13-2003, 11:50 PM
I'm slightly frightened at the idea of what this could look like once it's skinned. :D
 Psyk0Sith
02-14-2003, 12:27 AM
Frightened in a good way i hope? :)
 inbredyokel
02-14-2003, 12:46 AM
How's good ol' Saesee coming anyhow? I am ready as all hell to start skinning this guy...
 Psyk0Sith
02-14-2003, 1:05 AM
Hope you are patient...i was saving this for tommorow...but hey wait it is tommorow!...:D

http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/update03.jpg)
 ninja
02-14-2003, 1:13 AM
hey whats up psycho sith, hey those pics are pretty fired up. awsome. hey i was wondering, have you given it anythought for this model to have an evil looking face for team colors. cause in a way this model does kinda look like a demon. so maybe like for the red team skin color. like some fangs or something? red skin? just a thought. http://members.aol.com/EDCstudios/images/mask-SaeseeTiin.jpg)
Page: 2 of 4