Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Saesee Tiin

Page: 1 of 4
 Psyk0Sith
01-05-2003, 4:54 PM
The holiday season kinda slowed down my projects, but here's something i started yesterday...

http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/stiin01.jpg)
Click if you cant see image (http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/stiin01.jpg)
http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/stiin05.jpg)
Click if you cant see image (http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/stiin05.jpg)
This is only a texture test and i'm not even looking at polycount right now cuz the head is not done.

Thank Wolf Devil for the request...i wouldnt have started something for Saesee, but since he asked so nicely :).

I still need some reference pics if anyone can help, that would really make things easier.

I'm also working on Ponda Baba and "slave" Anakin when Oxygen team is ready. Updates will be slow, but i hope to finish this sucker anyway.
 El Sitherino
01-05-2003, 4:58 PM
that looks cool.
 Lord Tnuc
01-05-2003, 5:11 PM
 Padawan_7
01-05-2003, 6:29 PM
Wow, Saesee Tiin. Great choice!

He's looking good. :D
 GreenDevil
01-05-2003, 6:55 PM
WOW!! Psyk0Sith, once again you have proven yourself to be one of the best modellers and skinners out there. Your work is superb!!!

I still wish you would have finished that Plo Koon model of yours, it would have been awesome! ;) ;)
 Hellfire Jedi
01-05-2003, 7:28 PM
I think im gonna be asking this now or never... so why the hell not now :D
Psyk0 I love your models, so in other words... may I beta test this?

BTW, Looks good your a great modeler Yarael proved that to be beyond true. Good Luck!
 Psyk0Sith
01-05-2003, 8:05 PM
Hey GreenDevil!

I can model, but i cant skin! it's a good thing that Grafox and Marz could help me with Ki and Yarael.

Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi
I think im gonna be asking this now or never... so why the hell not now :D
Psyk0 I love your models, so in other words... may I beta test this?

Of course, after all you are the official JK2 forum beta tester, right? (someone should buy that title for ya ;P)
 Hellfire Jedi
01-05-2003, 8:45 PM
lol make me smile how do i earn points on gonna get me some points so i can get that title
 boinga1
01-05-2003, 10:35 PM
looks good but the nose looks a little too low on his face...maybe it's just the angle.
 Mest
01-05-2003, 11:07 PM
great job so far. saesse tiin is one of my fav jedi. good luck.
 [JKZ]_Yun
01-06-2003, 6:27 AM
cool Psyk0 nice done
keep the good working

-:fett2:Yun
 inbredyokel
01-06-2003, 8:30 PM
Hey, I'd like to skin this biatch if you don't have anyone else lined up. Btw, I can get some good shots of the back of his head from the dvd when I'm home, it might be helpful since it looks really odd and bulbous(not what you'd expect from the front)...
 nomad
01-07-2003, 2:43 PM
:D Great choice again PsykoSith!! :D

You and Mars did such a great job on Yareal... definitley one of the best models yet, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

One thing that might be of interest to you...
Saese Tiin seems to look different in Episode I and Episode II.
You might want to make a choice of which one you are doing (if you haven't already).
In Phantom Menace, his face seems to be thicker/ he has a stronger jaw, I think. In AOTC his face is slimmer and longer.
The pics linked by Lord Tnuc are all the Phantom Menace version (Which I personally prefer ;) )
The one thing to keep in mind (for skinning) is his striking yellow eyes and the strange patterns on the back of his head.
The POTJ hasbro 3 3/4" action figure is actually quite a good reference for his head, including the back. That's the older figure with the robe, not the latest AOTC wave.

Best of luck, and thanks so much for your work. Because of you, we're that much closer to the completion of the Jedi Council.

some pics from Sir Steve's Guide (http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=16778)

-nomad

MTFBWY
pics from the official site (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/saeseetiin/index_movie.html)
 SupremePain
01-07-2003, 2:49 PM
yup Psyko.... looking kick ass as always
 Psyk0Sith
01-07-2003, 3:02 PM
Originally posted by inbredyokel
Hey, I'd like to skin this biatch if you don't have anyone else lined up. Btw, I can get some good shots of the back of his head from the dvd when I'm home, it might be helpful since it looks really odd and bulbous(not what you'd expect from the front)...

Of course you can skin him!, tho it might take a while before you get anything.

Send the pics please, the more reference, the better!
psykopat@geocities.com

Thanks man.

nomad:
I was going for the TPM look, since that's what i have on the pictures.

What should he be wearing? in the real pics he's wearing a robe Some action figures show him without the robe...but that's not Lucas approved i believe.

Thanks for the pics, that's very helpful for the clothes too.
 ninja
01-08-2003, 5:59 PM
hey that looks fantabulis. no no fantasmic :)
 nomad
01-09-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

What should he be wearing? in the real pics he's wearing a robe Some action figures show him without the robe...but that's not Lucas approved i believe.

I'd go with the robes, definitely. I believe that's all you ever see him wear in the films. And I know that YOU can weight the robes as well as the JK2 engine can handle them... so go for it :)

I'm so glad you're working on this guy, he is one cool looking Jedi.

-nomad

MTFBWY
 Sinister12
01-09-2003, 4:42 AM
That model looks fantastic! It's great to see slowly all the members of the Jedi Council being re-created for Jedi Knight II. Great work!.

I'm not sure if when you create the model, if you create them to different size. It seems the JediMod1.2(if loaded), makes the model the size you create it, so for instance, Ki-Adi Mundi is supposedly 1.98 meters, where as Saesee Tiin is around i think 1.85. I'm not sure if you'll be taking height into consideration, but it is a cool thing, since it does give them that more realistic look, since they all vary in height.
 -s/<itzo-
01-09-2003, 1:00 PM
all right, finally a Saesee Tiin model.

i'm impressive. keep up the great work.
 12thMonkey
01-09-2003, 1:51 PM
'bout time someone made Saesee Tiin :D

From looking at the pics, it looks too me like the horns are way too thin, but the face looks good.

As for the robed or not question, how about making the robe removable by typing model saesee_tiin or model saesee_tiin/robed in the console like Toonces has done on the models he made with Tex_360?
 inbredyokel
01-09-2003, 2:05 PM
I have screen captures from aotc that may shock and appaul many of you...prepare yourselves. It's Saessee Tiin- without a robe.
http://www.geocities.com/inbredyokel2000/saesee2.txt)

As you can see, he has a regular jedi uniform, it's just especially long around the legs(but clearly not a robe). It also appears that the tabbards on the front continue all the way down. There's also a couple shots of the back of his head, his boots, and a blurry one of his hand.
 ninja
01-09-2003, 2:23 PM
@ psychosith, i think earlyer on you had said you wanted someone to skin this model or something. well i've seen this one guys work and it looks good. maybe you or anyone else for that matter might wanna ask this guy to be on your team or something. because this guy is good with his work. i dont know if he's done game models before but his 3d effects and characters are morbidly awsome. maybe this guy might be interested, i only found his work by accident. http://www.3demonic.com/galindex.html)
 Psyk0Sith
01-09-2003, 3:06 PM
Thanks inbredyokel!, i dont even remember seeing him in action, that's quite a shock! hehe, if you have more just mail them to me.

psykopat@geocities.com

psychosith, i think earlyer on you had said you wanted someone to skin this model or something

inbred said he was interested, so if he still wants to do it then he's hired.

Thanks for the suggestion ninja, cool site!
 inbredyokel
01-09-2003, 3:38 PM
I am definitely still interested. I've been waiting for this model for a long time, and I think I would practically pay you to let me skin it (just don't get any ideas).
 t3rr0r
01-09-2003, 7:18 PM
I have screen captures from aotc that may shock and appaul many of you...prepare yourselves. It's Saessee Tiin- without a robe.
http://www.geocities.com/inbredyokel2000/saesee2.txt)
i'm not shocked at all... i was already aware that tiin wore a somewhat normal jedi outfit. eeth koth also has a similar longer outfit... although with a turtle neck type shirt.
 wannadie
01-09-2003, 7:58 PM
cool, I been waiting for this one, one of my favourite jedi, did'nt know his name tho.

holy cr@p, the back his head looks like an a$$. that was shocking.

clothing:
i think he should have robes. all jedi have robes anyway & they look much cooler imo. geez man, that dress they gave him.................blaaaaaaaaaaagh. robes could also cover that.

they gave him a cool looking face & then ruined it by giving him an a$$ on his head & a dress to wear in the movie........ maybe it was laundry day, he had no clothes, so he had to wear his wifes dress into battle. hmmmmm.

anyway cant wait till its released.
 Mest
01-09-2003, 8:14 PM
hey i have a pretty good front view of saesse tiin from one of the star wars cards that i got when i bought galactic battlegrounds. it is of him WITHOUT the robe. if you want it i can scan it and email you the pic.
 Psyk0Sith
01-09-2003, 8:35 PM
Yeah send it, that should help.

read a few posts back and you shouldnt have too much problems finding my e-mail.

thanx!
 NeoMarz1
01-09-2003, 10:54 PM
Hey Psyko, Just wanted to say that he looks waycool. I cant wait to see what you do with this guy. You know I'd skin just about any model youve made... It's just that... well... as you know I'm knee deep in model bits.;) Mars out!
 Psyk0Sith
01-10-2003, 12:45 AM
Thanx!,

Yeah i know man, that's why i gave the job to inbred, but you can do some alternate skins if you want (and if you have time), that'd be a great addition.

Don't worry i'll let you finish Zam!
 Sinister12
01-10-2003, 1:41 AM
I hope this image helps, it's sorta from the same perspective as the first screen of yours Psykosith.

http://www.starwars.jp/character/image/saesee_tiin.jpg)

two points.

* his nose is thinner at the tip and points downwards more, instead of outwards.

* his horns on the side are thicker a bit further closer to the tip.

* also, his nose doesnt curve out, it kinda curves downwards, if you know what I mean.

* eye sockets/eyes need to be smaller

Apart from that, it's a little hard to give more suggestions/observations until the model is a little more complete.
 inbredyokel
01-10-2003, 1:46 AM
Originally posted by wannadie
cool, I been waiting for this one, one of my favourite jedi, did'nt know his name tho.

holy cr@p, the back his head looks like an a$$. that was shocking.

clothing:
i think he should have robes. all jedi have robes anyway & they look much cooler imo. geez man, that dress they gave him.................blaaaaaaaaaaagh. robes could also cover that.

they gave him a cool looking face & then ruined it by giving him an a$$ on his head & a dress to wear in the movie........ maybe it was laundry day, he had no clothes, so he had to wear his wifes dress into battle. hmmmmm.

anyway cant wait till its released.

Normally I'd whole-heartedly agree with you, but without new animations, to me robes look like crap no matter how well weighted they are (my apologies to those modelers out there who have done great robes :) ). Skinning them isn't too fun either, because the textures end up looking simplistic and artificial no matter how much detail is poured in.
 Sinister12
01-10-2003, 1:47 AM
 skywalker19
01-10-2003, 2:17 AM
Normally I'd whole-heartedly agree with you, but without new animations, to me robes look like crap no matter how well weighted they are (my apologies to those modelers out there who have done great robes :) ). Skinning them isn't too fun either, because the textures end up looking simplistic and artificial no matter how much detail is poured in.

Ah i think we should just stick with the standard robed option,some people like it.
 inbredyokel
01-10-2003, 6:06 PM
Yeah, it'd be ideal to do both. I'm just sayin if it came down to one or the other, my personal preference is for non-robed.
 skywalker19
01-10-2003, 7:55 PM
Yeah, it'd be ideal to do both. I'm just sayin if it came down to one or the other, my personal preference is for non-robed.

i agree with ya yokel, unrobed is my preference too.
 Sinister12
01-10-2003, 8:10 PM
Well, in terms of Saesee, i'd go for robed, it makes him look sort of more like an established Master. The robed version of Plo Koon model looks fantastic.
 Mest
01-10-2003, 9:46 PM
I emailed you the pic Psyk0Sith. if you need a larger version just tell me and i will send you one. sorry if the pic doesnt help much.
 Psyk0Sith
01-11-2003, 12:07 AM
Thanks, it's fine, we cant see much of him but still.
 Mest
01-11-2003, 12:39 AM
i guess you could use it to find out how to do the sleeves at least. again i am sorry for the poor pic, i had forgotten that he had his lightsaber in the way.
 Eldritch
01-11-2003, 1:08 AM
Did anyone notice that the back of his head looks like a rotten pumpkin?

Also, I think his regular garments (no robe) would be better. Sorry, I know I missed most of this conversation. :D
 Mest
01-11-2003, 1:40 AM
I think unrobed would be most appropiate for jedi outcast. jedi's dont wear their robes when fighting (exceptions: Qui-gon vs Darth Maul because he was attacked by suprise, when qui-gon and obi wan fought the droids because droids are stupid and easy, and obi wan vs Darth Vader because old people get cold easy and it was pretty chilly on the death star.) Why do you think none of the jedi wore their robes on geonosis? and since outcast is a battle game i think it would be most apropriate if the jedi wore what they did in battle.
 Dragonlancer
01-13-2003, 10:59 PM
None? Ok, watch the geonosis scene carefully. Like half the jedi have robes on. The two jedi who through obi and ani their lightsabers had robes.....Mace Windu had it till Jango burned it with his flame thrower. I see your point though.
 El Sitherino
01-13-2003, 11:40 PM
but i like when you play someone on a duel server you wait for the command from the admin. and you switch your model to take off the robe. its kinda this roleplay thing its fun.
 Mest
01-14-2003, 12:10 AM
yeah you have a good point. but why wouldnt a robe just get in their way? I could just picture a one of the jedi's tripping over his robe in the middle of a battle. now that would be embarrassing.
 Psyk0Sith
01-14-2003, 1:34 AM
Sorry for not updating, i've been having some problems with Ponda Baba's mesh, as soon as i get it done, i'll work on Saesee.
 Psyk0Sith
01-14-2003, 9:58 PM
Here's an update...

http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/update01.jpg)

I fixed the nose and started shaping the head.
 Mest
01-14-2003, 10:08 PM
excellent job.
 Sinister12
01-15-2003, 12:44 AM
That's great work Psyk0Sith, that model is coming along great!:)

A few points if I may?

- the mouth, at the corners, it sorta goes downward more, hence giving him this sort of more unpleasant look on his face.(or will this be taken care off when the skin is put on him?)

- his eyes, make the sockets not so wide and just a bit bigger.

http://www.starwars.jp/character/image/saesee_tiin.jpg)
 Sounds Risky
01-15-2003, 12:54 AM
Looking quite good, but I'd take the tip of the nose out a bit more.
Page: 1 of 4