Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model

Page: 1 of 5
 -Tercero-
08-08-2002, 3:39 AM
Thought I'd post a pic of my wip - I was hoping that I would find someone who could help me put it in game when it is finished. If anyone is up to the task, please drop me a post or send me an e-mail.

http://www.mathus.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/anakin.jpg)
 dreddsnott
08-08-2002, 3:43 AM
Doesn't look bad at all - I can't say much about the form, although the head seems a little odd. Maybe it's too large...?
 remark 666
08-08-2002, 3:48 AM
looks very good, maybe few touches here and there, the head looks a bit large (maybe the form) and a little bit more work on the face, let me find some pics

EDIT: beat me to the head comment :p
 EffJi
08-08-2002, 3:51 AM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

That looks sooooo awesome!!!!!!

Have you put him in a 3d scanner? :)

I don't know if that is the final skin, but his hair look a little too dark, and the shape of the hair looks a little too round (like an afro) but maybe it's just the picture.

Great work.
 Deetox187
08-08-2002, 4:25 AM
I think that looks killer.. not sure about the head, i think its ok.
 -Tercero-
08-08-2002, 4:38 AM
Just a little update!

http://www.mathus.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/anakin2.jpg)

-Tercero-
tercero@mailcity.com
 Anavel Gato
08-08-2002, 4:59 AM
Looks schweet man! :D

I don't know how far you are with the skin but I would put a bit more detail in his clothing. The clothing in his neck has a lot of detail and his belt too and it makes the rest of the skin see ntoo different. Just adding some wrinkles, shadows and highlights to his clothes would do the trick I think.

He lloks scary without eyes though. Like a zombie :)
 Luuke
08-08-2002, 5:15 AM
awesome work!!! looks definately very good!!
GREAT!
 T-0NIC
08-08-2002, 5:25 AM
Wooahh! When are you going to release this awesome f**** piece!!!!! I WANT IT NOW!!!
 Darth-Nasty
08-08-2002, 5:34 AM
Originally posted by EffJi
but his hair look a little too dark, and the shape of the hair looks a little too round (like an afro)

yeah i reckon that as well!

it needs to be shorter on the side of his head than it is on the top

apart from that its great
 Garik Loran
08-08-2002, 5:35 AM
Anakin looks very much like the original, I am shocked :)
Good job. And I don't think the head is too big.
 remark 666
08-08-2002, 6:38 AM
 keo718
08-08-2002, 8:53 AM
-Tercero- ,

That looks very good. You might want to consider asking elessil to do the skin unless you plan on handling that. He already has made a very accurate anakin skin. He can be found in the following thread. Send him a personal message (PM) if your interested.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=73821)

edit: His thighs are slightly too big. Anakin has skinny legs.
 Kit Fisto
08-08-2002, 9:32 AM
wow, they just keep on coming dont they! It looks great so far :)
 rut-wa jodar
08-08-2002, 9:51 AM
OMG ! this model is amazing it`s a fantastic effort. I am certainly looking forward to seeing this in the game. :thumbs1:
 icepool
08-08-2002, 11:24 AM
Wow this model looks amazing. One suggestion the skin definately dose need more detail as someone already posted. I'm sure if you asked elissel, grafox or maybe even acro they could make some nice skins to go with the model. But the model proportions itself was done excellent great job!!!!!!:D
 funny_dude0
08-08-2002, 12:08 PM
Enuff said. Wow, drooooool get me a towel. Not that I'm gay but it's a great model. Maybe make it so that his look isn't so intense.
 Eets
08-08-2002, 12:29 PM
Very nice job, Tercero!
 keo718
08-08-2002, 12:33 PM
For precision, the distance between his upper lip and nose is too long in your model when compared with the following photo. Also his forehead is ever so slightly longer than in your model. You might want to lower his eyebrows, eyes and nose slightly and kill two birds with one stone. Also, it appears that his shoulders are more broad. Finally you might want to again size the overall head a tad smaller. Scratch my previous comment about the legs, they look pretty accurate. Great model!

http://www.padawansguide.com/promo/pages/anakin1_promo.htm)

http://www.geocities.com/tercero_bootleg/anakin2.jpg)
 -Tercero-
08-08-2002, 1:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I've worked some on the head and face - it's really starting to shape up now...
As for the skins, I've really just started them. They should look pretty good when I'm done - I tend to skin a little better than I model. The bland colors are just there for my reference. The skin will have the same level of detail that you see on the undershirt and belt. This is really just a very preliminary pic of the model, I just left the skins that I had done in the shot...

-Tercero-
tercero@mailcity.com
 BradFu
08-08-2002, 3:25 PM
:thumbs1:

Very cool! I noticed the detail on the undershirt, looks very good, can't wait to see the rest of the skin finished :D
 -Tercero-
08-08-2002, 10:19 PM
A little bit more done on the skin...

http://www.mathus.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/anakin3.jpg)

-Tercero-
tercero@mailcity.com
 SpYzEr
08-08-2002, 10:28 PM
Lookin good! Cant wait to download it
 funny_dude0
08-08-2002, 10:36 PM
I think his lips are too small and his brow is a little too furrowed. If you can understand any of that.
 keo718
08-08-2002, 10:50 PM
Excellent adjustments. A few more constructive comments. His lips are a tad too wide, and his face(cheeks) come out a bit too much. Also his eyes are way too big. Finally, the ears are slightly too big and the neck a bit too wide. This model is going to be excellent. I can tell that you are a good skinner as well by the slight skinning on the shirt.

http://www.padawansguide.com/promo/pages/anakin1_promo.htm)

http://www.geocities.com/tercero_bootleg/anakin3.jpg)

edit: his thighs actually are slightly too big. It is more clear from this angle.
 -Tercero-
08-09-2002, 3:39 AM
Did some heavy work on the face - he even has eyes now! - No more zombie Anakin...

Anyways, here's a pic:

http://www.mathus.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/anakin4.jpg)

Tell me what you think!

-Tercero-
tercero@mailcity.com
 nomad
08-09-2002, 4:04 AM
Wow, that latest pic looks great!

Have you gotten anyone to help you to get it in-game? There are some good tutorials on that, and I'm sure there are some experienced people around here that will be able to help you, especially after seeing what a nice job you've done so far.
I'll see if I can coax any of them into taking a look.

-nomad

MTFBWY
 Grafox
08-09-2002, 4:22 AM
Good job man, the resemblance is amazing!
 Garik Loran
08-09-2002, 5:48 AM
Oh, yeah, this is what I have been waiting for. Absolute high detail Anakin model. Amazing!
 keo718
08-09-2002, 9:19 AM
Alot better, excellent detail. His face and legs (going off the previous pic) are a bit thinner though.

http://www.padawansguide.com/promo/...akin1_promo.htm)
 Andy867
08-09-2002, 9:32 AM
Hey Tercero the model looks great. I can't wait to download it, btw, I got your saber mod posted in case you hadn't checked your email yet. Keep up the good work, and when you are done, you can submit it to JKii.net and I will get it up as soon as humanly possible:D

Andy867
JK2Net File Master
www.jediknightii.net)

**EDIT** to view the pics of his model, either copy and paste the link, or just add a question mark at the VERY end of the link... Thats what I do and it works everytime. By the way, Hi Diablo., Its andy867:)
 Smood
08-09-2002, 11:14 AM
Hosting your pictures on Geocities was not a good idea. I cannot even view one.
 TUX
08-09-2002, 11:57 AM
Hosting your pictures on Geocities was not a good idea. I cannot even view one.
I was having the same problem. Open a new browser windon and 'copy and paste' the link. That worked for me.

Now, about the model... 2 words... 'Yum Eee'! That looks freakin awesome. It's obviously not your first (and hopefully not your last). I can not wait for your release. Great work!
 Fanboy_Solo
08-09-2002, 11:58 AM
If you have trouble viewing Geocities pics, just put a ? at the end of the URL

or just copy the URL and paste it in another window.
 Mix_Master2k
08-09-2002, 12:14 PM
Andy, I noticed your avatar was of project Duality, were you a modeler of some sort of the prohect? Anyway, awsome Anakin model.
-Mix Master
 Forums_End
08-09-2002, 12:38 PM
Looking Good!!!! Keep up the good work!:D
 Primrodo
08-09-2002, 12:47 PM
Wow, looks alot like Hayden, good job.

Couple nitpiks:

Hair still looks too high, but maybe when its skinned it will look much nicer.

The inner tunic is actually higher than the outer

Questions:

Are you throughing on the clip on the belt skin?

Are you gonna show the cloth tabards on the tunic skin?

Will the boots be skined or modled, ala Spat and rings?

Will he sport the pony tail?

Great work!

Mind teh questions and nitpicks :)

EDIT: Also, you could make a Ep1 Obi-Wan with this too :)
 Andy867
08-09-2002, 12:58 PM
MixMaster, actually I am the project leader of a map-project that will re-create the the sith temple of Korriban where Lord Rive and Darth Blight fought to the death in front of Darth Oz. and Its coming along nicely with the help of XLR8 (mapper of The Tibanna Mine Encounter and the The Jedi Forest) him, Ko'or Oragahn, pnut_master, and senseless009 (mapper of the SDE Temple) are all involved. Once I can get into further talks with Visac at JKII.net and get some scripts that will suit our needs all set up and running, I will release the website along with some progress, and feedback.

- The model looks great, can't wait to play him in the Project Duality Map:)
 Mix_Master2k
08-09-2002, 1:25 PM
thats kool, that was an awsome setting, I loved that movie too it was awsome how it ended :)
 Darth Odisse
08-09-2002, 2:50 PM
 morphius_doh
08-09-2002, 4:32 PM
There are only a few observations and suggestions that I have:

The hair on the sides of his head needs to be shaven, and some small curls and highlights need to be added.

I cannot tell, but is the blue band, on the Padawan braid, there?

The vest actually needs to be black and not brown, as well as textures need to be added, but you'll probably do that anyways.
 Primrodo
08-09-2002, 5:33 PM
Originally posted by morphius_doh
There are only a few observations and suggestions that I have:

The hair on the sides of his head needs to be shaven, and some small curls and highlights need to be added.

I cannot tell, but is the blue band, on the Padawan braid, there?

The vest actually needs to be black and not brown, as well as textures need to be added, but you'll probably do that anyways.

Actually Anakins Tabbards ARE Dark Brown, it said that in one of the newsletters.
 MaTT[-FcG-]
08-09-2002, 5:43 PM
Just making a few comments about some of the previous comments... If anyone is complaining about the skin make sure you take a closer look before posting! The only places that I can see in the latest pic that have been skinned are as follows:- The face, The belt area and the under garments as shown under the neck area! Any other comments are not needed as the other areas do not appear to be skinned.

Now for my own Comments!! :D Damn fine looking model!! One think I have to ask though... Does the model feature the small pony tail at the back of the head as seen in this promo pic?

http://www.vengeance-unlimited.org/Jedi%20Outcast/Anakin_back.jpg)
 MaTT[-FcG-]
08-09-2002, 5:57 PM
Just noticed this thread has been posted on the jkii.net front page... Expect this thread to get busy!! :D
 Starwalker
08-09-2002, 6:00 PM
Thats pretty bloody amazing. :saberb:
 Pvt_Ryan
08-09-2002, 6:42 PM
Nice to see someone answering my request, and I'm sure it's great but I can't view it; it just says to try again within an hour. I can't wait that long!!!!
------------------------------
:fett: Pvt_Ryan :vadar:
 -Tercero-
08-09-2002, 10:28 PM
Okies - I go to work for a day and I come back to two pages of posts. Alright, let's see if I can answer some questions.

About the model:
The model has the pony tail like in the movie - I have the pictoral dictionary from Episode II and I am relying on it heavily, but the reference material you guys are posting is also helping a great deal. -If anyone can get me pictures of his boots, I'd be much obliged...I still have a lot of work to do on some sections of the model. The belt still needs it's accessories modeled on (that's another one I'm kinda lacking for pics on...), his boots are going to be remodeled, and the hair needs a lot of work.

About the skin:
It's not done yet. Period. The model won't look right until it is. Matt summed my progress on it up pretty well - I just have the middle of his shirt, his face, and his belt done, and they all still need work. When I am finished, I'm going to convert the color to a few different schemes - one darker brown or black, and team colors are in the plans right now.

Finally:
Tabbards. I have no clue what they are. Someone please tell me.

Also I wanted to say that nitpicking is welcome. It makes the model look better. I miss things that other people see, and when they are pointed out I can fix them or add them in. So please nitpick me - it might seem annoying at times, but it is really appreciated in the end. Nitpicking is honestly the difference between the first screenshot I released and the latest one. It is half the reason I decided to post this thread.
If anyone has any suggestions or input they'd like to donate I'd also really appreciate that too. -I'm still looking for someone to get this thing in game when I'm done, and I suck at making sound packs - takes me forever.

Thanks for all the input!
-Tercero-
tercero@maicity.com
 -Tercero-
08-09-2002, 10:35 PM
Oh, I almost forgot to add - for anyone who is having trouble loading the pics, try copying and pasting the link into your adress bar. Geocities is weird that way. If anyone knows of a free server that doesn't have this problem, I'd appreciate it.

-Tercero-
tercero@mailcity.com
 keo718
08-09-2002, 10:47 PM
Reference pics.

http://www.padawansguide.com)

Keo,

Maggie has made it expressly said that she does not want direct links to her site, please edit your post and resepct her rerquest, else we will have no more padawans guide

My bad, I didn't know.
 ReIIiK
08-09-2002, 10:48 PM
I use Homestead to host pics, but you've got to be carefull, about it, don't use the page builder. Its a free service too.
Page: 1 of 5