Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model

Page: 4 of 5
 Toonces
08-13-2002, 5:03 PM
Tercero, I'll send you a PM with my e-mail addy and you can send me the mesh if you want. I can rig him and send him back to you with a glm. Thoes flaps on the legs shouldnt be too much of a problem. I would try and line up the verts on the flaps with the parts of the body they cover, that'll make the clipping issues much easier to deal with.

I admire the fact that your taking the time to get the head perfect as it's extremely difficult to do, he really looks great thus far :D

Toonces
www.drivingcatstudios.com)
Powered by Sith :lightning
 -Tercero-
08-13-2002, 6:49 PM
Hey - I've got the next screenie!
I've tweaked a good bit since the last one, but most of the tweaks are getting pretty small. I also added a bit more hair, and he has ears now:) Here are the links:

http://www.geocities.com/tercero_bootleg/anakin11.txt)

ANd if that doesn't work, try this one:
http://www.geocities.com/anakin_tercero/anakin11.txt)

Keep the feedback coming - I want to get it perfect before I move on to the next part - even the smallest details will be appreciated!

-Tercero-
tercero@mailcity.com
 ReIIiK
08-13-2002, 7:02 PM
its looking awsome Ter, I have one question tho, are the packs on his belt (food caps and pack) going to be 3d as in modeled or are they going to be just textures? Personaly I think it would look better as a 3d object.

Keep up the great work!
~ReIIiK
 keo718
08-13-2002, 7:02 PM
..... Good Lord.
 keo718
08-13-2002, 7:06 PM
Keep the feedback coming - I want to get it perfect before I move on to the next part - even the smallest details will be appreciated!

All I would say is that his nose should be a tad bit shorter in length. Should you choose to shorten it, I would suggest moving his lips and chin up with it. Also his lips may be even less wide. Unbelievable work.

Otherwise, its color that needs to be perfected. I think his eyes are brown as opposed to blue.
 t3rr0r
08-13-2002, 7:07 PM
that looks amazing, but the nose still seems a little big.
 Darth Odisse
08-13-2002, 7:11 PM
Originally posted by keo718

All I would say is that his nose should be a tad bit shorter in length. Should you choose to shorten it, I would suggest moving his lips and chin up with it. Also his lips may be even less wide. Unbelievable work.

Otherwise, its color that needs to be perfected. I think his eyes are brown as opposed to blue.

Anakin's eyes are blue according to this image:

http://www.vengeance-unlimited.org/Jedi%20Outcast/Episode%20II/Obi-Wan/Hi-resolution_Obi-Wan_Anakin.jpg)
 keo718
08-13-2002, 7:14 PM
I guess they are. A darker blue though it seems. All the shots I've seen they looked brown.
 -Tercero-
08-13-2002, 7:16 PM
Thanks for the quick replies - Keo, I'm shortening the nose right now - and the jaw and lips with it as you said.

ReIIik, the pouches will be modelled on - they're too bulky to make them look good otherwise. The food capsules and saber clip will be textured on however. I originally thought to model them on too, but it would be too costly as far as polys - they wound up looking better than I expected skinned on too - (see some of my earlier posts for refence - the belt hasn't changed much yet. With a little help from some shaders, they should look just as good as if I had modeled them.

As far as the pouches themselves, I still have yet to build them. I'm waiting on getting some better reference material to start making them - all the shots I have of them are angled kinda funny...

Okies, back to work for me!
-Tercero-
tercero@mailcity.com
 -Tercero-
08-13-2002, 7:19 PM
Oh, as far as his eyes, Hayden's eyes are brown, but he wore blue contacts for the film - Jake Lloyd had blue eyes and they wanted to keep the continuity for the films.

-Tercero-
tercero@mailcity.com
 ReIIiK
08-13-2002, 7:25 PM
Thanks for the answers Ter, I'm really looking forward to this model now! Thanks for the frequent updates.
 keo718
08-13-2002, 7:29 PM
Very interesting about the eyes. I knew I saw brown.
 -Tercero-
08-13-2002, 7:37 PM
Speaking of frequent updates, I changed the nose and jawline a little bit more - tell me if it needs more.

http://www.geocities.com/tercero_bootleg/anakin12.txt)

or if that's down,
http://www.geocities.com/anakin_tercero/anakin12.txt)

I try to update pretty frequently so that you guys can give me feedback on the little changes that I'm making - jumping back and forth from flat pictures to a 3D model with perspective starts to distort your perception of proportion after a while, so I really appreciate that you guys are giving me so much input. The model wouldn't look like the way it does now if it wan't for you.

Thanks,
-Tercero-
tercero@mailcity.com
 keo718
08-13-2002, 7:40 PM
Just a bit more.
 -Tercero-
08-13-2002, 7:45 PM
Just a bit more.

http://www.geocities.com/tercero_bootleg/anakin13.txt)

-Tercero-
tercero@mailcity.com
 keo718
08-13-2002, 7:46 PM
Ah man. The link is acting up.
 SpYzEr
08-13-2002, 7:47 PM
ya it dont work
 -Tercero-
08-13-2002, 7:51 PM
 keo718
08-13-2002, 7:55 PM
Ok I see it. Try moving it up to the point that the middle of the side of his nostril is adjacent to the bottom of his ear. I hope that makes sense.
 keo718
08-13-2002, 8:01 PM
The pic Im referring to right now is on padawansguide.com (Anakin/Headshots & Fullshots/pic 10/6/00).
 keo718
08-13-2002, 8:28 PM
Since you seem to be getting intricate with detail, I guess I'll add a couple more observations. The distance between his top lip and the bottom of his nose is slightly less, you might want to play with the highlights on the nose to make the bridge and nostrils appear thinner, the bottom of his earlobes should be slightly higher, his eyes a tad bit closer together, and his hairline on the sides moved inward slightly. I think your model even thusfar is the most accurate representation on these boards besides Misterpunch's models(Plo Koon/Shaak Ti). Great job.

edit: Also, his lips are a bit less wide, and the black slits(what have you) at the end of his lips a hair longer.
 -Tercero-
08-13-2002, 8:38 PM
 keo718
08-13-2002, 8:47 PM
Ah hah.... Very nice. I know you probably just noticed my above post. Should you decide to play with those adjustments, just remember to keep the mid nostril lined up w/ the bottom of the earlobe(because I mentioned that the earlobes are higher). Also, you might want to mess with the hair to make it look less "slicked back". Great work. I am eager to see him ingame.
 morphius_doh
08-13-2002, 8:56 PM
There are only a few suggestions that I have: The hair colour needs to be a little more of a strawberry blonde instead of a dirty blonde; the skin underneath the eyes needs to be less puffy. Of course the skin complextion needs to be worked on, but that's already been said.

If you want to get really detailed, once you're done with the head, add some detail, like muscle, in the neck area.
 keo718
08-13-2002, 9:00 PM
Of course the skin complextion needs to be worked on
The hair colour needs to be a little more of a strawberry blonde instead of a dirty blonde;

I agree.
 Madjai
08-13-2002, 9:29 PM
give him that angry look he has when hes carrying his mother home, love that angry look.

very very nice model.
 omeo
08-14-2002, 12:29 AM
Great work. His complexion is a bit on the rosy side. I think it needs to be alittle more yellow. I think you definately need to darken the eyes.
 zer0_her0
08-14-2002, 12:41 AM
In some of the photographs ive seen... his face seems to be more narrow...( the cheek bones on the model might be too wide? or his face needs to be a little longer? )

keep up the awesome work!
 K.O
08-14-2002, 3:03 AM
Lol, thought he was gonna come out and poke my eye out with his saber. Kick ass beef.
 ZePhyR
08-14-2002, 3:46 AM
Even if it was to go as is, it would be one of the best looking models I've seen.
 rut-wa jodar
08-14-2002, 5:41 AM
C`mon guys I know you are just giving some constructive criticism but I think Its going a little too far now. It looks like one of the most accurate models released yet ! but people are being very picky about the face. It`s not as if you would be able to notice these(if any) so called inaccuracies.

BTW the model is stunning IMO
 ReIIiK
08-14-2002, 5:58 AM
yup thats why I haven't said anything, to me it looks just like him, I think its just fine, I think he could move on to the body.
 Luuke
08-14-2002, 6:30 AM
wow, i can't believe how good that looks! it's very accurate, the likeness is amazing, seems perfect to me!!!
 Grafox
08-14-2002, 7:31 AM
Damn, looking very nice Tercero, my compliments!
 -Tercero-
08-14-2002, 9:28 AM
Okies, I decided that the nose wasn't working for me, so I remodeled it a little bit, along with some sections of the face (just changed some triples around so it goraud shades better). I still feel like there's something a bit off about the lips, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

Ah, well - here's the screenie!

http://www.geocities.com/anakin_tercero/anakin15.txt)

or if that link is down, try:
http://www.geocities.com/tercero_bootleg/anakin15.txt)

Allright, I've gotta go to work, so don't expect to hear from me for about 12 hours, but I'll probably get back to work on him when I get home. Any feedback in the meantime would be much appreciated!
 Sivy
08-14-2002, 9:37 AM
:joy:

that’s fantastic, very good job. My only input would be that his hair is a bit darker than that, he’s more auburn than blond.
 Andy867
08-14-2002, 10:35 AM
Here is Tercero's new looking skin, complete with skinned braid (I know it doesn't look perfect, but hey, it works.. its not like you are going to be THAT close to him anyways, if you are, its because he was killed already by someone else and not you! LOL.

enjoy!

http://projectduality.fragland.net/anakin_16.jpg)

and one with hair slightly altered, even though this doesn't exactly look right for some reason.
http://projectduality.fragland.net/anakin_hair_17.jpg)
 D.L.
08-14-2002, 10:36 AM
Wow!

That's good. That's real good.
 morphius_doh
08-14-2002, 10:44 AM
Excellant job with the touch-ups!

I think the thing that you are having a hard time nailing down with the lips is that the bottom lip need a small indent in the centre, and maybe just a little, little thinning of the same lip. I don't know if this will help any, but you can try these suggestions and see how they look.

Andy, I don't mean to be anal about detail, but the padawan braid is a little too thick, as well as the blue braid band.
 crazy_elmo
08-14-2002, 10:53 AM
This model (and skin of course) is looking great, can't wait till you're done with the rest of the body (but no rush ofcourse).

Keep up the good work:D :D
 Andy867
08-14-2002, 11:06 AM
Morphius_doh, if that's the case, you are referring to the model, because all I did was color the braid. and the band is just a section of the braid I colored to make it stand out.

But I will try to make it thinner, but if its too thick its because of the model's braid, not the skin.
 keo718
08-14-2002, 1:55 PM
Nice work with the nose.

I still feel like there's something a bit off about the lips, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

I would say that the bottom lip could be a bit thinner, and the upper lip needs to moved up, closer to the bottom of the nose. If you do move up the upperlip, you might want to move the bottom lip and chin along with it.
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
08-14-2002, 1:59 PM
i think for the most part the head and face look fabolous, u guys r makin this the best u can and we all appreciate that, cant wait to see the whole model.
 keo718
08-14-2002, 1:59 PM
and one with hair slightly altered, even though this doesn't exactly look right for some reason.

Well, his hair color is closer to orange than it is to red, and that looks red. Also, his skin complexion is not yet accurate. That may be a reason.
 Andy867
08-14-2002, 2:30 PM
well, here is just a comparison between the original hair color as provided by Tercero, and just a little hair color test... this way we can kind of help Tercero find the best tone for hair... What do you guys thing

http://projectduality.fragland.net/anakin_hair.jpg)
 Darth-Nasty
08-14-2002, 2:38 PM
i still reckn the hair looks a bit big and round

but overall the model and skin is fantastic!:)
 Kn1ves
08-14-2002, 2:39 PM
He looks like a red-head
Not good at all :(
 keo718
08-14-2002, 2:46 PM
Actually, its a tough call. His hair color looks different depending on the lighting. In one picture, his hair looks like andys latest adjustment and in another pic, it appears that tercero's hair color is fine. I would say leave it the way it is. Because in the brightest light, Anakins hair looks closer to tercero's.
 Sivy
08-14-2002, 2:55 PM
I think the hair still needs more brown in it.

It's still great.
 Andy867
08-14-2002, 3:20 PM
ok, I changed the tone a little more to keep the right side image the same, but made the left image have a little bit more brownish tint to it..

http://projectduality.fragland.net/anakin_hair.jpg)

Any feedback for the hair color is welcome so we can help -Tercero- :)

oh and also, I thinned the learner's braid and the band in the hair was made smaller.
Page: 4 of 5