Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Tyrion Reskin......

Page: 1 of 1
 Master Burner
03-15-2002, 2:05 AM
Originally posted by jessman233
Ok, so I have a question for you Pyro. Would you mind if I attempted a new skin of Tyrion? I was thinking of doing an old version of Tyrion, or maybe a Padawan version of Tyrion.... Would you mind if I gave it a shot? Please let me know... I believe you have my email addy now. :yobi: :aobi: :ben: :gben: :monkbomb: :barf:

the Tyrion Model+Skin isn't his(this reskin is through)... is made by Absath and Bloodriot.... and since they have given permission to reskin it....

EDIT:

erh what happend?? my reply got first in the thread??
 Pyro638
07-19-2002, 3:25 AM
I dont think this is good enough to put on jkii.net, but if anyone would like to test him out he kinda looks like Anakin. Just give me your e - mail if you are interested. If anyone replies i will post a pic. This guy is badass :cool:
 Bell
07-19-2002, 4:18 AM
ya post it.
wpbellco@earthlink.net
 Pyro638
07-19-2002, 6:14 AM
Holy crap lol my computer that has Outcast on it isnt working :mad: ( a dell). This old crappy 1 isnt good enough for Outcast, but is working though.... so just bump so this stays alive...AAAGGH i am so pissed :swear:

I will post a pic AsAp :) !
 Pyro638
07-20-2002, 10:37 AM
Ahh finally the pic ;) http://www.hometown.aol.com/cb6368/)
 Pyro638
07-20-2002, 10:42 AM
If you like it I will post more, but I think that pic pretty much shows what you need to see....

If you want I will submit it to jkii.net......that is if i get many e - mail requests or demand to submit it to jkii.net :rolleyes: ;)
 Grafox
07-20-2002, 3:45 PM
Wow, I really like it! You should make it available for download at jediknightII.net
 Harukaze
07-20-2002, 4:48 PM
I have to say I agree. Given the quality of some of the skins up for grabs there, you definately should release this one. It's easy to see you've put in much more effort in this skin than about half the skins on jediknightii.net. Sure, it isn't the best - you say as much yourself - but there's some definate potential.

Are you interested, by the way, in some constructive criticisms? I'd be more than happy to offer a suggest or two.
 Pyro638
07-20-2002, 9:06 PM
Sure go ahead...
 Harukaze
07-20-2002, 9:38 PM
Looking at it again, I might have less to say than I thought, but the one main thing is his eyes. They don't really look like eyes, more like big blue dots in the middle of his head.

Here's how I do eyes. If you like the method, go ahead and use it; if you don't, no harm in me mentioning it I guess. First, I pick my color. Or colors, if I'm going for something special. Pick a circular faded brush that is roughly just over half the diameter of the iris [the colored part; sorry if I have my terms wrong]. Center it where you want the eye to be, and click away, a lot. Very simply, but it quickly expands well past the brush's diameter without you moving the brush at all. Also, the way it fades out at a certain point out, it looks more realistic.

Next, you need the... uhm... hole... damn, forgot the term entirely ^_^ Select black, a smaller brush of the same type [again, much smaller than you want], and click away until it looks to be about the right size. And finally, to top it all off, a VERY tiny white circle, above and to the side [doesn't matter which side] as a highlight. Oh, and depending on the model, I might add lids to the eyes as well; some models are more bugeyed than others, which works on some skins and less so on others.

Here, I just uploaded the eyes from my current skin as an example: Eyes (http://www.users.drew.edu/mgoodwin/jedi/eyes.jpg)

If you upload more screens, I can offer a little more advice; but hard to tell on this one whether it's the skin or the poor lighting, so I'll withhold my other comments for now.

I very much look forward to seeing this one downloadable. It is definately much better than some that have been uploaded in recent weeks.
 Pyro638
07-21-2002, 1:14 AM
OK his eyes :eek: are done, and dam they look good, had to do it quick though. OK well i am submitting it and thanks everyone, especially Harukaze. Heres the link again to the better looking guy -

http://www.hometown.aol.com/cb6368/)

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

OK THIS POST IS EDITED BECAUSE THIS g@y A$$ SERVER KEEPS SAYING -

Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 90 seconds.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!.............w/e since I can't post heres what I was goin to post -

No prob. Ill be the first to let everyone know :D

I'd love to see your project, Absath is truly a god....

:angel: :gben: :angel:

^ :rolleyes: ^

hehe, anyway Good luck!
 Harukaze
07-21-2002, 6:55 AM
Glad I could help : ) I look forward to downloading it so I can see how the rest looks. Thought you'd like to know, I'm feeling inspired and sent an email to Absath asking him for the wireframes so I can do something of my own. No response yet, but I still have to finish my skin anyway.

Let us know when it's up on jediknightii.net, okay?
 Pyro638
07-21-2002, 10:39 AM
BUMP - just checking if that 90 sec. thing isnt bothering me anymore....wtf is with that :confused: :mad:

Oh, btw my last post was edited....check that out before this. Sorry if its a little confusing
 Harukaze
07-21-2002, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I've lost posts - some of them long - because I tend to have open a lot of windows and sometimes write multiple posts at once. Which means when I hit submit, it gets unhappy, and occasionally I hit back to find the text is gone.

Anyway my current project is getting kiled by JO's lighting... did you ever have that problem?

Either way, check out the Male Zabrak thread for mine if you're curious, I'm about to upload the most recent pic. It's in the shadows so his chest doesn't turn colors, so you can't really see his eyes that well.

Oh, and if you need any more proof that your skin is worthy of uploading to the server, just look at some of the stuff uploaded today and yesterday. No offense to the authors if they happen to read this, but I don't think I can stomach another Reborn reskin. Or another skin that only has a few colors swapped or a tiny mark made. That's not a skin. What you're doing, that is a skin.
 Andy867
07-22-2002, 4:35 AM
The Skin is up on jkii.net Pyro638 and everyone else... Enjoy!!!
So there it is for your downloading pleasure..!!!

Andy867
JK2Net File Master
www.jediknightii.net)
 Pyro638
07-22-2002, 10:47 AM
Thanks Andy, and I hope you all like the new skin. Now that I look back at it i really think the name isnt that great.......but hEy! it's short and easy to rerember or find :D
 t3rr0r
07-22-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Pyro638
just checking if that 90 sec. thing isnt bothering me anymore....wtf is with that :confused: :mad:
it's to reduce spam. :P
 <JOTD>Jedi Hunter
07-24-2002, 12:46 AM
Good lord... Pyro I wasn't a fan at first but I have to say your Tyrion model has really grown on me. He's my favorite skin to play with... I have all three in my collection now. I hope you continue making more tyrion skins... maybe a version of Tyrion when he's old... that'd be sweet. Anyway, GREAT JOB on all of your wokr man... I'm a HUGE fan now! Keep up the awesome work.:duel:
 <JOTD>Jedi Hunter
07-24-2002, 10:22 PM
Ok, so I have a question for you Pyro. Would you mind if I attempted a new skin of Tyrion? I was thinking of doing an old version of Tyrion, or maybe a Padawan version of Tyrion.... Would you mind if I gave it a shot? Please let me know... I believe you have my email addy now. :yobi: :aobi: :ben: :gben: :monkbomb: :barf:
Page: 1 of 1