Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)

Page: 6 of 19
 Sith Maximus
07-14-2002, 11:05 AM
Some scripts are written to do things that a non-scripter can't do. That's cheating, and I don't see how people can say that it's not!!! In nintendo contra, a-b-a-b-left-right-left-right-down-donw-up-up, or whatever, you got thirty men. That's cheating. Same principal here.

Well what is everyones feelings on game controls that ledt you combine macros? These commands are nothing more than a different type of script file. So if anyoe out there thinks that this is cheating let us know. And I do agree that some types of scripts are cheats no matter what way you cut it. As soon as an actual game engine variable, like yawspeed or filed of view, has been changed then it is a cheat. I write scripts all of the time and i try to limit them to system tweaking only, like the above net script. A volume script is ok as well as skin changes and even scripts that combine moves that you can do within the game anyway. How the heck do people think the game knows to generate a backstab or a death from above kill anyway? Its done in a very similar fashion to what has been stated here. So those types of scrips are ok. Continuous fire and locking forwrd walk is alright in my book as well. Its simple, some are cheats some are not. We all know the difference between scripts that are and are not cheats. But the sonner the cheat scripts are posted the sooner we all can be aware of them and try to avoid them. When people started to walk backwards I simply let them get a little close to me and as the animation started for a backstab I kicked them. Plain, simple and effective. Their is a counter for any script if you take the time to learn it. But for now being informed is the best weapon against system variable movement and attack scripts.
 Dak_iSuk
07-14-2002, 2:20 PM
up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start. Thats it isnt it? Tha konami code?
 EvilCowSan
07-14-2002, 2:56 PM
I'm interested in using scripting for modding for example. I'd like to make it so when you jump, you only do the "soaring" jumps so it looks like your using a jet pack.

Anyways, can you bind a command to a key combination like Space & Up ?

I really hope so or else my idea won't work ;p

Thanx! =)
 ToppDog
07-14-2002, 5:48 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by its420onthedot

I wonder if Raven designed the game for players to use one button to do the DFA? Funny. I didn't see that in the manual.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's so you can do it without taking your fingers off the movement/attack keys if you don't want to (which is how I prefer to play), or so that you don't do it by accident when you actually want to do those three separate moves in another stance. If they wanted moves to be unbindable they would have designed the game that way.

quote:
Originally posted by Sith Maximus

Well what is everyones feelings on game controls that ledt you combine macros? These commands are nothing more than a different type of script file. So if anyoe out there thinks that this is cheating let us know. And I do agree that some types of scripts are cheats no matter what way you cut it. As soon as an actual game engine variable, like yawspeed or filed of view, has been changed then it is a cheat. I write scripts all of the time and i try to limit them to system tweaking only, like the above net script. A volume script is ok as well as skin changes and even scripts that combine moves that you can do within the game anyway. How the heck do people think the game knows to generate a backstab or a death from above kill anyway? Its done in a very similar fashion to what has been stated here. So those types of scrips are ok. Continuous fire and locking forwrd walk is alright in my book as well. Its simple, some are cheats some are not. We all know the difference between scripts that are and are not cheats. But the sonner the cheat scripts are posted the sooner we all can be aware of them and try to avoid them. When people started to walk backwards I simply let them get a little close to me and as the animation started for a backstab I kicked them. Plain, simple and effective. Their is a counter for any script if you take the time to learn it. But for now being informed is the best weapon against system variable movement and attack scripts.

My feelings exactly! I started learning how to script to use a throttle & joystick setup because I hate using a keyboard while playing games. I don't consider it cheating to bind keyboard commands or basic combos to throttle & stick buttons. It's laziness & cost saving that keeps game developers from including controller support in games, not because they consider using them cheating.

Scripts are not some deep mysterious form of coding. They are exactly the same thing as keybinds. The only difference is how they are written. There is absolutely nothing you can do from writing a script that you can't do with a keybind. It just sounds more like hacking to use the term "script writing".

Like you said, we all know when someone is using a script that performs a move that someone couldn't possibly do without a script.

I use a run/walk toggle bind, multiple catchy phrase binds, turn left/right @ 9000 yawspeed binds (for goofing around, breakdancing, etc. which have no effect while fighting because I use mouselook), a script that gives you all five stances on servers that allow it, special move binds for the buttons on my throttle (straight from the manual) for when I was using my joystick for movement instead of the movement keys (which I gave up trying to use because controller support sucks for this game), & lastly I have attack also bound to MWHEELUP for saberlocks.

In my opinion the reason we increasingly have keypress combos to perform moves in PC games is because this is how console games (Playstation2, Nintendo Gamecube, X-Box, etc.) are designed, & it is easier for the programmers to convert the games to those platforms. It saves them time & money. But pressing four stupid buttons multiple times in a specific order to perform a particular move is a pain in the ass & is why I will never buy one. I like PC games, & as long as I can configure the game to my liking for the keyboard or HOTAS setup, I'm going to do it. If this makes me a cheater in some peoples minds, then so be it.
 MUHAHAHAHAHA
07-14-2002, 6:26 PM
Originally posted by Dak_iSuk
up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start. Thats it isnt it? Tha konami code?

lol. Classic stuff.. Remember the crazy code that let you go into the debug mode for Sonic the Hedgehog (up, c, down, c, left, c, right c, hold a + start)? Another classic.
 its420onthedot
07-14-2002, 6:36 PM
Any of you scripting guys ever use Nostrama Speed Pads?

Just curious...
 Sith Maximus
07-15-2002, 4:39 AM
Any of you scripting guys ever use Nostrama Speed Pads?

Just curious...

I just go one a little while ago. Its the N50 speedpad. I like it very much and it does allow for some very nice command macros for Jedi Knight. The only thing it truly does well is allow me to play for longer periods of time without hand cramps. I have very large hands and could never use the w/a/s/d method because after ten minutes Imy hand turned into a claw and cramped up. I was shifted to the arrow keys but that is not a great way to play because of the limited controls around you. That forced me to scripts to give me the abiltiy to toggle multiple commands in a very small area. The speedpad gives me great control without using script files for anything other than chats and net settings. I think its a great product!
 EvilCowSan
07-15-2002, 5:18 AM
Can anyone tell me what i did wrong w/ this?

bind k "+forward;wait 15;+moveup;wait 15;-forward;wait 5;-moveup"
i just type that in the console so that i can do a soaring forward jump when i press k, but when i land, i can't jump until i bring up the console and type -moveup.
Any ideas on how to fix it?
Thanx! =)

edit---

Alright i figured out a better way.
I just did:
bind r "+moveup;-forward;-moveleft;-moveright;"
and now i soar in every direction i jump (besides back as it's 'soar' is a backflip)
My only problem is that if i hold forward and hit r, when i land, if i'm still holding forward, i can't move forward until i release forward. I'm afraid that the soars might be programmed to not let you move until you release the direction as you normaly have to release the direction after hitting the jump to get the soar animation.

Does anyone know how (if it's at all possible) to get around this prob?
Thanx! =)
 seanconnery
07-15-2002, 7:34 PM
Cycled backswing

I made this in the 1.02 days, when yellow wasn't USELESS (yet) :rolleyes:. It allows you to execute the red backswing while in yellow stance, and brings you back to yellow once it finishes.

bind MOUSE3 "saberattackcycle 3;wait;wait;wait;wait;+back;+attack;wait;wait;-back;-attack;saberattackcycle 1"

Looks simple, but it took me one hell of a lot of trial and error. :p
 malinkie
07-16-2002, 2:59 AM
pretty good. Have a look at my site theres is a good example of the same thing.

I thing though... you do not need the numbers after the 'saberAttackCycle' command.
 remark 666
07-17-2002, 2:47 AM
I need to know how to do strong stance dfa by scroll-up on my web wheel (the middle scrolly thing on mouses).

edit: and what are the commands for scrolling up and down if I wanted to bind them to something ? like there is mouse 1, mouse 2, mouse 3 but I don't know the commands for the scroller).

-thanks in advance
 ToppDog
07-17-2002, 3:24 AM
the commands are MWHEELUP & MWHEELDOWN but I'm not sure you can bind DFA to them. I tried to bind other things to them that had more than one keypress in the bind & it seemed to only recognize the first keypress. Try it though, I may just have a sucky mouse.
 remark 666
07-17-2002, 6:46 AM
thanks bud, I'll try and get back to ya
 BF_Hoby
07-17-2002, 3:48 PM
Wow didnt read all the scripts in here but will at some point. Not sure if this has been posted but I have found a way to change force powers with a key bind.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69857)
 PadawanJedi
07-17-2002, 6:20 PM
binds a rapid attack to the x button. you can hold it down if you want to really win fast or tap it if u want to force a saberlock draw.

set saberattack0 "wait;+attack;wait;-attack;wait; set slock vstr saberattack1"
set saberattack1 "wait;+attack;wait;-attack;wait; set slock vstr saberattack0"
vstr saberattack0
set slock vstr saberattack0
bind x "vstr slock"
 remark 666
07-18-2002, 3:44 AM
****, stupid scroll mouse, it plays only the first attack that's scripted like +attack;wait;+jump and it'll only play +attack, so much for easy keys
 ToppDog
07-18-2002, 4:46 AM
Originally posted by remark 666
****, stupid scroll mouse, it plays only the first attack that's scripted like +attack;wait;+jump and it'll only play +attack, so much for easy keys

I thought that might be a problem. The bind will still work, just not with the mousescroll up/down button.

If you want to conserve buttons you may want to try this trick; The same keypresses for the Yellow DFA works as the second part for the Red DFA. Just type the following in console:

bind x "+forward; +moveup; +attack"

Now you can use the same key for both Yellow & Red DFA's:

When in Yellow with opponent close & in your sights, simply press your new DFAbind button.

When in Red press your attack key manually, wait for the swing to be just slightly more than halfway done, & then press your new DFAbind button. This gives you much more flexibility so you can change your mind, adjust your aim, etc.
 Darth_Romerio
07-18-2002, 1:02 PM
Greetings,
Is tehre any way to insert the targeted player into a script. I admin a server occasionaly and would like to be able to bind a key to slap people (adminmod) while I am looking at them,

so bind x rcon mslap <Targeted Player Goes Here> Any idea on how?
 remark 666
07-20-2002, 6:12 AM
it works for the yellow dfa (but it's actually easier to do it the old way) but for red dfI have to press it two times (so he does it from the air), maybe i'll add some wait; commands and see how tha tturns out

btw, how long is each wait; ?
 shareef187
07-20-2002, 11:11 AM
Well, I know a little bit about scripting (key word, little), and I've made a couple scripts that I havent seen put up yet, so I guess I will before someone beats me to it :D

Accessing Desann and Tavion's one handed stances:

set fstn "set forcepowers 7-2-033330002000031432;echo ^44 ^3Stances;bind ins vstr rstn;forcechanged"
set fstn "set forcepowers 7-2-033330002000031532;echo ^45 ^3Stances;bind ins vstr rstn;forcechanged"
set rstn "set forcepowers 7-2-033330002000031332;echo ^4Normal ^3Stances;bind ins vstr fstn;forcechanged"
bind ins vstr fstn

Pressing insert will toggle between having 4, 5, or the regular 3 stances..... note, this will change your force configuration to my Dark side force configuration....... u can change this to be yours with a little browsing of the JK2mpconfig.cfg for your force settings. Also, since this works by changing your force config, u have to respawn before it's changes will take effect

Twirling saber taunt:

set sabtaunt "weapnext;wait;wait;weapprev"
bind p vstr sabtaunt

Use this on a server with weapons enabled. Switch to your lightsaber, then use this.

Breakdance:

set brkdnc "cl_yawspeed 2500;+back;wait;wait;+movedown;+right;bind u vstr resetsen"
set resetsen "cl_yawspeed 140;-right;-back;-movedown;bind u vstr brkdnc;exec xtrastancesd.cfg"
bind u vstr brkdnc
set emergency "-back;-movedown"
bind j vstr emergency

press u to initiate, then press u again to terminate..... if after termination, u r stuck crouching, walking backwards, press j to reset

Matrix slomo effect (requires cheats enabled):

set matrix "timescale 0.9;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;w ait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.8;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;w ait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.7;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;w ait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.6;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;w ait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.5;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;w ait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.4;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;w ait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.3;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;w ait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;bind h vstr matrixr"
set matrixr "timescale 0.4;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;w ait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.5;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;w ait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.6;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;w ait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.7;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;w ait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.8;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;w ait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.9;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;w ait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 1.0; bind h vstr matrix"
bind h vstr matrix

Ok, you could just have it very simply as:

set matrix "timescale 0.3;bind h vstr matrixr"
set matrixr "timescale 1;bind h vstr matrix"
bind h vstr matrix

but with my previous one, it has a very nice "slomo transition" effect, that is very much like the matrix (the latter one instantly switches to slomo, and back). However, due to so many wait commands, u cannot attack during the transition :(.

Finally, since I no longer play 1.03, i dont mind passing out my most precious 1.03 creation (mind u, I never used it online, I just made it for the sake of making it) for those that do still play..... this is an instant spinning backstab. It switches from blue stance to red (since I'm always in blue.... then it switches right back to blue when it's finished), automatically does a 180 spin for you, does the backstab, then continues to spin during the BS..... the ultimate script! only thing is, is that u need to be right next to your opponent, or it wont work(they have to be right in front of you, no space between). Without further ado, I present you with my creation:

set bkstb "cl_yawspeed 4000;+right;saberAttackCycle;wait;wait;saberAttack Cycle;wait;wait;-right;wait;+back;+attack;wait;wait; -back;-attack;cl_yawspeed 2000;+right;bind n vstr resetsen"
set resetsen "saberAttackCycle;cl_yawspeed 140;-right;bind n vstr bkstb"
bind n vstr bkstb

Press n to initiate, then press to stop spinning

Also, heres my moonsault script. The only thing thats different from mine, and the others, is that mine you do from blue stance (it automatically switches to yellow for the special, then switches right back to blue when done):

set moonsault "saberAttackCycle;wait;wait;+forward;+moveup;+attac k;wait;wait;-forward;-moveup;-attack;saberAttackCycle;wait;wait;saberAttackCycle"
bind b vstr moonsault

Whew, there we go, hope u all enjoy!
 thehomicidalegg
07-20-2002, 12:13 PM
hmm saber offence 4 and 5 huh...never thought of that...:/
 Master_Obi
07-21-2002, 1:43 AM
Hey, I just wanted to post a little script I found to work for BOTH The Medium Overhead Slash special and the Famous DFA attack.
When in the Medium Stance, it will be a one button move. But when in the Heavy Stance, you will have to begin the move manually, you'll see what I mean.

set "dfa" "+forward; +moveup; +attack; wait; wait; -forward; -moveup; -attack"
bind x "vstr dfa"

The script looks simple but it helps a bit. When you are in front of your opponent with the Medium Stance, you can just tap the binded key to execute the Overhead Slash. (If you notice your opponent directly underneathe you, or at least close, use the Spin Script to spin your attack around and kill your opponent in 1 move--I like to call this the "Overhead Spin Slash".) Of course the slash can be avoided, and if you were unlucky enough to have used the spin attack, chances are you are going to have your back turned to your opponent, and unless you have your backstab ready, you are likely going to be in for a heck of a beating.

As for the DFA attack, all you do is Tap attack in the Heavy stance and you will begin the slash above your head. This takes a bit of timing although, when you see the saber just above your head tap the binded key and you will execute the DFA attack. Of course, practice makes perfect and you shouldn't expect to ALWAYS land this attack. Unlike the other DFA scripts, this one does not have you wait for it to finish if it backfires. Another good feature of this is the oppurtunity to Fake your DFA attack, psyching out your opponent with a few fakes, then Jump in when they least expect it. ;)

Oh yeah, one last thing. From a bit of playing with the wonderful scripts I found on this post, I found that you can chain two scripts together, the Backstab attack, and the Lunge attack. Note that I said the scripts, and not the moves. This is because I am not referring to the Backstab move, but what that move gives you. In the Light stance (blue) you can use the backstab script (the earlier one, not the automatic turning one) To preform a fade-away uppercut. After your uppercut, you can tap the key your Lunge script is binded to for a quick Lunge combo. This is great when your against a head-on offensive foe. Your uppercut will either block their attack or knock their attack off course, then the Lunge attack following the uppercut will Captialize on their mistake... :D Also, you can tap the backstab script multiple times to have a easy fade-away uppercut frenzy. This little trick of mine happens to be most effective against Comps (because they are stupid and run at you face first.)

Have fun with my scripts and strategies. If you come around using them.

Someone saw me use my "Spinning Overhead Slash Attack" and ask me "How do you do that psycho spin attack thing?" *ROFL
 remark 666
07-21-2002, 4:37 AM
seta name "^1|:|^5R^7e^5M^7a^5R^7k^1|:|" <- that's the code I see, what I wanted to ask you guys is how to bind a name to a key, so if I press a button my name will change to whatever I type in, than with a key, it'll come back, thanks in advance.

ohh and to add more ram to the game is seta com_hunkMegs "100" (or in the console type /com_hunkmegs #

#= how much you want to add (I'd recomend 2/3 or half of your total ram, as seen, I put less than half but better than default) /com_hunkmegs without the # will tell you the default number (64 I think).

also, is it possible to bind ` for console as a key only ? I'm really tired of doing it shift + `

^_^

Originally posted by shareef187
Breakdance:

set brkdnc "cl_yawspeed 2500;+back;wait;wait;+movedown;+right;bind u vstr resetsen"
set resetsen "cl_yawspeed 140;-right;-back;-movedown;bind u vstr brkdnc;exec xtrastancesd.cfg"
bind u vstr brkdnc
set emergency "-back;-movedown"
bind j vstr emergency

press u to initiate, then press u again to terminate..... if after termination, u r stuck crouching, walking backwards, press j to reset

I haven't tested this script out but I can see it probably won't work since I see exec xtrastancesd.cfg in it and you also forgot to put " " around vstr brkdnc and vstr emergency
 Robrob
07-21-2002, 7:01 AM
I already have all of these scripts. I am unbeatable with them. Cheating or not I will kill you with these scripts and that's all that matters. I love my script that rolls forward pull them down turn around and back attack. That script works everytime.
 malinkie
07-22-2002, 12:31 PM
Been away for a while. Nice to see less flames in this forum.

Very VERY useful...

the seta com_hunkMegs command. I will be trying that one :).

my site will be up and running properly soon so i hope you all come and take a gander.

i will put up any scripts you email me onto the site Just really making a reference library of scripts and binds for JK2 game.

Have Fun...

PS,

You are right about the no "" around the vstr commands but as far as i know you can actually use the 'exec *.cfg' command within a script.
 its420onthedot
07-22-2002, 4:56 PM
Originally posted by Robrob
I already have all of these scripts. I am unbeatable with them. Cheating or not I will kill you with these scripts and that's all that matters. I love my script that rolls forward pull them down turn around and back attack. That script works everytime.

This is what I'm talking about. I have yet to meet a respectable scripter. This guy is so arrogant and obnoxious. Unbeatable??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
 its420onthedot
07-22-2002, 4:57 PM
Scripters suck ass cheeks
 remark 666
07-22-2002, 7:37 PM
*ignores the last two posts*
Originally posted by Robrob

I bet that wouldn't work on me, I'd use absorb, kick your ass and than backstab right through your gut (or kick and than strong stance dfa your sorry behind), fight is done...next!

^_^

and please, someone answer my last few posts,

-arigato

EDIT:: malinkie, that's not what I was saying, I was sayign that we don't have that script.cfg, if we don't have it than the command won't execute properly

shareef187: could you PLEASE look over the commands that you've posted and repost them so that they would work fully ? only few of them wored (with minor editing to them)
 its420onthedot
07-22-2002, 10:21 PM
Kick, then right into a DFA? Wow, sounds difficult to pull off. You would probably need a script to do that consistently. Cheaters…

Here is my vision for scripting and JK2:

When I click on, “Get New List”, on top of my game menu, and the servers start popping up at a high rate, I want to see a server called, “SCRIPTERS ONLY!”. Wouldn’t it be nice if all you guys could play against each other, showing off the cheats that you’ve created. I mean heck, if you were to get the f*** off of our servers, then maybe we wouldn’t have something to complain about. Because not only am I complaing and bitching about scripting, I’m bitchin about the ppl writing them. They are obnoxious, arrogant, conceited, haughty, egotistical, bigheaded, overconfident, supercilious, or just simply put, THEY ARE ALL PRICKS!

Pricks with no lives. Geez, the time and tweaking it takes to create some of these things is incredible. To think that could be spent with a girlfriend, or a night on the town with the buds.

Simply put, go create your own server and let you pricks play each other. I’d love to see the chat log on those games. You all suck ass.
 malinkie
07-22-2002, 11:56 PM
hey, its420onthedot,

I've talked to you before about hanging around in this forum and flaming. Get a ####ing life you tosser and stop moaning.

Is this all you've got to do with your time.

Go practice fighting or moan in another thread.

Oh by the way, love the signature. Kinda ironic ain't it (or is it moronic).
 ho!
07-23-2002, 1:40 AM
Originally posted by malinkie
Oh by the way, love the signature. Kinda ironic ain't it (or is it moronic).

definitely both...
 CKA_Viking
07-23-2002, 1:58 AM
wouldnt the new patch stop any of these scripts?

espcially the backstabbing one.. now u cant spin it
 gonk-raider
07-23-2002, 3:38 AM
420, isnt your wrap you really dont care but you felt like dropping by once to tell us like it is.. well buddie you contantly drop by and every time you do you cry you little turd eyes off.. i mena GET OVER IT IT WILL NOT CHANGE If you continue to bitch i mean what do you except will ahppen... YOUR PReaching falls apon the ears of sinners.. which is tottaly retarded :)
 its420onthedot
07-23-2002, 4:16 AM
Originally posted by ho!

definitely both...

Well, the signature was originally for the ppl that complained about the DFA, BS, kicking, etc. The only reason that scripts are in this particular game is because of Q3 Engine. And if I'm wrong here, please let me know, anybody?

It's not part of the game. REad the signature again tramp. O, by the way, speaking of signatures, I luv your name Ho. I had a Ho once. I recommend to everyone. Although dangerous, they can be a lot of fun, especially in particular times when you need em the most. :) O say like, 3 in the mornin, drunk, blunted. Tramps come in handy.

Anyway, I'll leave you all alone. You're right. I'm giving up on the battle against scripting fcuks. However, I will never, ever, become one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And actually, heres my wrap if you're interested, since you mentioned it. I'm 25, married, 2 kids, picked up this game because it looked pretty cool. Played it, got okay, then progressed to pretty good, was enjoying it. Then, along came a guy who thought he was some god because of the #### he had scripted. Arrogant and obnoxious with his comments (o, after every kill, somtehing like, you suck my d**k) , he then proceeded to ruin the FFA for everyone. And soon, there was four people on the server.

And I will admit. He dominated the fight, with his kick scripts, bs, blender, kick then to dfa. Ya, he had the moves. Its cheating all. And you all should be playing by yourselves somewhere, that way all you all could be dumbasses together, and then hence, a happy gaming environment for all!

I'm keeping my signature. You can say I'm whining about cheaters. Sure, when Lakers beat Sacramento this year, I biteched because LA , and..., the refs, cheated. I bitched when I was 12 years old, and I sank a j with TIME LEFT ON THE CLOCK, and they didn't count it. Plain and simple, I'm gonna bitch about cheaters, and will continue to do so for the rest of my life.

Now, I'm sure you're glad to hear this, later

BTW, I cheated on my girlfriend a couple times, but it was worth it. Scripting in this game, would not be worth the time, as it would get boring pressing one button for all your little moves. I like a challenge
 DarkMadMax
07-23-2002, 7:49 AM
Glad this thread finally appeared .Was looking forward to post mine stuff ( I made my scripts shortly after release),but because I didnt play game since 1.03 came out ( returned now to try 1.04 - was dissapointed ,nothing changed except bstab nerfed, saber damage is still ridicoulous) and I see I am a bit late and you guys added some really cool stuff (brake dance :) ,and published almost all I have :)

So all is left to me is just to try to summarize this thread . I would like to publish my config - it has some comments I made during scripting I believe this will helps to newbie in scripting to understand how stuff works ( and I think my scripts are a bit more refined than some stuff I saw in his thread ,forgive my vaunt please :) . Also I added bstab script from shareef187 - because my own is not as reliable as I want it to be - maybe his version is better (anyway I found that bstab is the move that better works for me without any scripting at all) and saber taunt (didnt test his scripts but if it works it should be fun) .

And some key points :

- My scripts are heavily oriented for speed - I made em to execute as fast as possible on my computer ,so delays are on the edge of acceptance . So it MAY need some slight adjustment for some scripts (like heavy combo) but most imho will work without any changes .

-I made and tested scripts playing with bots ,and adjusted slightly delays in MP testing . I always play on servers with ping <150 and those scripts are practically 100% reliable for me . Best way to adjust according to your machine is to do it with bots ,
and after that REDUCE delay by about 10-20 ticks .

And guys - I made scripts mostly because I wanted to see which can be scripted and which not . They wont give a real big edge in game ,they will just add more tactical freedom ,and u should use this bit of time scripts let u have to plan your fight - not just doing same move again and again ,first it wont work because you will became predictable ,and second fights look not very interesting with only one move performed.

I myself use relatively often only kick and light lounge scripts because imho scripted they work better(they work way faster) - for all other moves I found that doing them manually gives you and edge over scripted move ,versatility and controlability for manual moves are way better.

p.s. And dont bother to flame - I dont care,

//Basic Moves
//---------------
// movements to the right looks slower for medium and heavy stances

//Overhead Slash
set ovrh "+forward;+attack;-attack;wait 3;-forward"

//Strafe Swings
set lswng "+moveleft;+attack;-attack;wait 3;-moveleft"
//Looks like rswng is slower (20 ticks slower then lswng for heavy stance)
set rswng "+moveright;+attack;-attack;wait 3;-moveright"

//Movement swings looks like they dont work - it just swings random swing
set lsbr "+left;+attack;-attack;wait 3;-left"
set rsbr "+right;+attack;-attack;wait 3;-right"

//Diagonal Slashes
set ldiag "+forward;+moveleft;+attack;-attack;wait 3;-moveleft;-forward"
set rdiag "+forward;+moveright;+attack;-attack;wait 3;-moveright;-forward"

//Jump with swing
// second wait determines how high u can jump .30 looks like minimum delay
set jswng "+forward ;wait 10;+moveup; wait 30 ;+attack;-attack;-moveup;-forward"

// Power Moves
//==========================
//Heavy stance DFA
//++++++++++++++++
// DFA seems to work as far as timing is right but with one swing type is
// has different timing (rswng) so to make it ~100% reliable I include one
// basic swing in the beginning
// timing with different basic swings :
// rswng 135 // lswng 115 // ovrh 115 // // ldiag 95
// have to adjust timing lag dependent
// 1.3 is diffent I have to tap attack before jump /or hold attack
//So I start with diagonal slash
set hpower "+forward;+moveleft;+attack;wait 3;-moveleft;-forward;wait 70; +forward;wait 20;+moveup;wait 10; -moveup;-forward;-attack"

// Heavy combo :)
set hcombo "vstr jswng;+forward;wait 140 ;+attack;+moveup;wait 20 ;-moveup;-forward;-attack"

//Medium power move
//++++++++++++++++++
set mpower "+forward;+attack;+moveup;wait 3;-moveup;-forward;-attack"

//light power move
//++++++++++++++++++
set lpower "+forward;+movedown;+attack;wait 3;-movedown;-forward;-attack"

//Kick
//+++++
set mkick "+forward;+moveup;wait 3;-moveup;wait 3;+moveup;wait 3;-moveup;-forward"

//Turn 180
set turn180 "cl_yawspeed 8192;+left;wait 4;-left;cl_yawspeed 140"
//Frontal BackStab
set bstab "vstr turn180;+back;wait 3;+attack;-back;-attack;vstr turn180"

//**************
//From shareef187
//Finally, since I no longer play 1.03, i dont mind passing out my most
//precious 1.03 creation (mind u, I never used it online, I just made it for the
//sake of making it) for those that do still play..... this is an instant
//spinning backstab. It switches from blue stance to red (since I'm always in
//blue.... then it switches right back to blue when it's finished),
//automatically does a 180 spin for you, does the backstab, then continues to
//spin during the BS..... the ultimate script! only thing is, is that u need to be
//right next to your opponent, or it wont work(they have to be right in front of you,
//no space between). Without further ado, I present you with my creation:

set bkstb "cl_yawspeed 4000;+right;saberAttackCycle;wait;wait;saberAttack Cycle;wait;wait;-right;wait;+back;+attack;wait;wait; -back;-attack;cl_yawspeed 2000;+right;bind n vstr resetsen"
set resetsen "saberAttackCycle;cl_yawspeed 140;-right;bind n vstr bkstb"

//pull/throw
set pullthrow "force_pull;+altattack;wait 4;-altattack"

//coolstuff
bind j +taunt
bind h vstr sabtaunt
 malinkie
07-23-2002, 11:58 AM
DarthMadMax,

Thanks for the post. Would you allow some of the scripts in your config file to go on my site.

its420onthedot,

You cheated on your girlfriend a couple of times. Thats LOW!!! and you think that using scripts in JK2 is lower??!?? You need some psychological help. heh.

CKA_Viking,

Your right, some of the scripts posted here will NOT work on the 1.04 patch. Mainly the blender move during backstab since they locked movement during the move but you can still use it during the Yellow special (Raven will lock that next since people will start moaning about that too.)

remark 666,

Sorry, i didnt understand. Yes the command wont work since we do not have that particular script saved inth base directory.

Whoa, never replied to so many ppl at once. ;)
 Sith Maximus
07-23-2002, 3:26 PM
Kick, then right into a DFA? Wow, sounds difficult to pull off. You would probably need a script to do that consistently. Cheaters…

Here is my vision for scripting and JK2:

When I click on, “Get New List”, on top of my game menu, and the servers start popping up at a high rate, I want to see a server called, “SCRIPTERS ONLY!”. Wouldn’t it be nice if all you guys could play against each other, showing off the cheats that you’ve created. I mean heck, if you were to get the f*** off of our servers, then maybe we wouldn’t have something to complain about. Because not only am I complaing and bitching about scripting, I’m bitchin about the ppl writing them. They are obnoxious, arrogant, conceited, haughty, egotistical, bigheaded, overconfident, supercilious, or just simply put, THEY ARE ALL PRICKS!

Pricks with no lives. Geez, the time and tweaking it takes to create some of these things is incredible. To think that could be spent with a girlfriend, or a night on the town with the buds.

Simply put, go create your own server and let you pricks play each other. I’d love to see the chat log on those games. You all suck ass.

I create scripts to see what I can manipulate the game engine to do. I do not use all of my creations on servers with other people. I do it for the fun of it. Some people do have fun writing scripts and computer code in general. Quite a few of the scripts that I have made are non-game types that simply improve things like my ping, rate, packets, fps, level of detail, gamma settings for dark maps, volume, mute, screenshots, and recording of demos.

I also use them for things like bowing, to dance, or to change my name. Some scripts are improper on a server with people you do not know. But it is hardly the pastime of the prick.

I have a good job as a draftsman as well as a wife and two young children. The time it takes to write these scripts does not eat up much of my free time at all. In fact the scripts for the things I stated above took me only three lunch hours at work to write and improved my gameplay by two fold.

In my opinion you are just sore over getting your butt kicked too many times. Maybe it was by the spin script or maybe it was by the fact you just plain suck. Either way what is stated in this forum page is for the use of ALL people not just us "scripters" as you put it. If we did not want you all to know them we would not tell you! We can write these without any help from outside sources! But we thought as a community it would be nice to let everyone in on the "secrets" of scripting. No one taught me how to do this I simply looked on the internet and found all I needed. If you want to script fine, if not fine. If you think we all need to be in a server for scripters only then this would end up a very lonely game for you. Plus what then would you have to blame for your inability to compete with others? In the end a coputer game is no more than a very complex program and some of us have the ability to alter it as we see fit. What has been stated in this post is not even touching the surface of what can be done with scripts. As an experiment I took a lunch hour at work and made a script so that I could play a game of Team Arena without even touching the keys except once to start the script. Sorry if these thing offend you or you think it is cheating. Some are cheats some are not. Maybe the solution is to vote that punkbuster be added in to this game. That way all of you suck a** bitching players will have nothing to complain about! If you think this game is bad go play Counterstrike and see how long you last without a few scripts! In the end I think you are just not able to script and are pissed off when someone can do a move that you cannot!
 its420onthedot
07-23-2002, 4:26 PM

I have a good job as a draftsman as well as a wife and two young children. The time it takes to write these scripts does not eat up much of my free time at all. In fact the scripts for the things I stated above took me only three lunch hours at work to write and improved my gameplay by two fold.

In my opinion you are just sore over getting your butt kicked too many times. Maybe it was by the spin script or maybe it was by the fact you just plain suck. Either way what is stated in this forum page is for the use of ALL people not just us "scripters" as you put it. If we did not want you all to know them we would not tell you! We can write these without any help from outside sources! But we thought as a community it would be nice to let everyone in on the "secrets" of scripting. No one taught me how to do this I simply looked on the internet and found all I needed. If you want to script fine, if not fine. If you think we all need to be in a server for scripters only then this would end up a very lonely game for you. Plus what then would you have to blame for your inability to compete with others? In the end a coputer game is no more than a very complex program and some of us have the ability to alter it as we see fit. What has been stated in this post is not even touching the surface of what can be done with scripts. As an experiment I took a lunch hour at work and made a script so that I could play a game of Team Arena without even touching the keys except once to start the script. Sorry if these thing offend you or you think it is cheating. Some are cheats some are not. Maybe the solution is to vote that punkbuster be added in to this game. That way all of you suck a** bitching players will have nothing to complain about! If you think this game is bad go play Counterstrike and see how long you last without a few scripts! In the end I think you are just not able to script and are pissed off when someone can do a move that you cannot!

When I fight someone, and they beat me fair and square, meaning for all you dumbasses, no scripting, I bow my head, say GF, and hope to do better next time. However, when someone is doing all these ridiculous moves that are not possible without scripts, I have no respect. The fact that they NEED scripts to play the game is admission of how they suck. I admit, the moves that are performed are cool! But its cheating, and I just don't approve. And no, I don't get my ass kicked at this game. And if I do, 9/10, its with a scripter.

BTW, anybody can script. LMAO, isn't that what this therad was intended to do? Everybody post scripts so dumbasses who came here looking to improve their skillz, because obviously they can't play the game normally, can cut and paste?

Draftsman? Plz tell me you work in AC. Plz...

Duel anyone? Plz, bring your ####in cheats with ya
 its420onthedot
07-23-2002, 4:27 PM
Sith,

I suggest... take your wife out to lunch a couple times a week for crying out loud!
 its420onthedot
07-23-2002, 4:31 PM

BTW, you just said it right there. Heres what happened. You sucked at the game, took three lunch hours at work(which I find funny), wrote your cheats, and improved your gameplay.

You couldn't play the game normally, and then hence, had to cheat. Ya, sure, I can see that. Cheating would improve a sorry ass players gameplay

Not only do scripters cheat, they are hypocrits

LMFAO
 Sith Maximus
07-23-2002, 5:21 PM

BTW, you just said it right there. Heres what happened. You sucked at the game, took three lunch hours at work(which I find funny), wrote your cheats, and improved your gameplay.

You couldn't play the game normally, and then hence, had to cheat. Ya, sure, I can see that. Cheating would improve a sorry ass players gameplay

Not only do scripters cheat, they are hypocrits

LMFAO

No I said that I wrote a script to improve my PING on servers and give myself a more stable connection. This script allows me to stay connected longer and at better pings! This is what I was talking about! Not spinning stabs, dfa's or any other script. I DO NOT USE ATTACK SCRIPTS! I only use scripts to change my name or stablize my connection.
 Sith Maximus
07-23-2002, 5:24 PM
Sith,

I suggest... take your wife out to lunch a couple times a week for crying out loud!

My wife works from noon until late at night as a nurse so I cannot see her until after midnight. I wish my lunch hours could be with her! Plus I said that I only spent A FEW lunch hours writing scripts.
 Sith Maximus
07-23-2002, 5:37 PM

When I fight someone, and they beat me fair and square, meaning for all you dumbasses, no scripting, I bow my head, say GF, and hope to do better next time. However, when someone is doing all these ridiculous moves that are not possible without scripts, I have no respect. The fact that they NEED scripts to play the game is admission of how they suck. I admit, the moves that are performed are cool! But its cheating, and I just don't approve. And no, I don't get my ass kicked at this game. And if I do, 9/10, its with a scripter.

BTW, anybody can script. LMAO, isn't that what this therad was intended to do? Everybody post scripts so dumbasses who came here looking to improve their skillz, because obviously they can't play the game normally, can cut and paste?

Draftsman? Plz tell me you work in AC. Plz...

Duel anyone? Plz, bring your ####in cheats with ya

I also said that the spinning backstab was a script that almost ruined the game. I do not like attack scripts in games like this. That is why I stated that in Quake and Counterstrike it is almost impossible to win without them. I did not say that I used them in Quake or Counterstrike. In fact I stopped playing them for that very reason. It is not that I could not write scripts to counter them, I just thought that it was unfair to rack up kills this way, just like in this game. The spinning stab in 1.03 forced me into a script to avoid it. I did not resort to their level because I tink that this game is better fought with skill and not scripts. If someone thinks these scripts will improve their overall gameplay they are mistaken. The skilled player will always find a way to win unless it is an all out unavoidable attack like the spinning backstab.

Well here is the main script that I use in this game as well as all Quake 3 engine based games. You will see that it has NOTHING to do with attacks. I DO NO DO MECH DRAFTING. I am in the Arc field and do the 3d computer modeling for my company.

Well here is the script. Try it out it may improve your connections. Plus it is not a cheat in any way!

==============================================

//Network-general
cl_allowDownload "1"
cg_lagometer "1"
com_maxfps "200"
ui_browserShowEmpty "1"
ui_browserShowFull "0"
cg_drawFPS "1"

//Network-startup-cable/dsl modem
set cl_timenudge "25"
set cl_maxpackets "30"
set cl_packetdup "1"
set cl_maxPing "250"
set rate "25000"
set snaps "30"

//scores
bind TAB "+scores"

//General communication
bind F1 "vote yes"
bind F2 "vote no"
bind F3 "messagemode"
bind F4 "messagemode2"

//Command layer toggle
set cl-1 "echo [^1F6^3=^1TIMER ^1F7^3=^1VOLUME ^1UP ^1F8^3=^1VOLUME ^1DN^7]; echo [^1F9^3=^1LAGMETER ^1F10^3=^1ANTILAG ^1SCRIPT^7]; echo [^1F11^3=^1GO ^1TO ^1SPECTATOR ^1F12^3=^1MESSAGE^7]; bind F6 toggle cg_drawTimer; bind F7 vstr volumeup; bind F8 vstr volumedn; bind F9 vstr displaylag; bind F10 vstr antilag; bind F11 vstr spec; bind F12 say Be right back!; set command-toggle vstr cl-2"
set cl-2 "echo [^1F6^3=^1SHOW ^1FPS ^1F7^3=^1GAMMA ^1UP ^1F8^3=^1GAMMA ^1DN^7]; echo [^1F9^3=^1FPS ^1CAP ^1F10^3=^1NUDGE ^1F11^3=^1PACKETS^7]; echo [^1F12^3=^1SNAPS^7]; bind F6 toggle cg_drawFps; bind F7 vstr gamma-1; bind F8 vstr gamma-1d; bind F9 vstr fpsrate; bind F10 vstr nudge; bind F11 vstr packets; bind F12 vstr netrate; set command-toggle vstr cl-3"
set cl-3 "echo [^1F6^3=^1LOD ^1CYCLER ^1F7^3=^1VIDEO ^1RESTART^7]; echo [^1F8^3=^1CLEAN SCREENSHOT^7]; echo [^1F9^3=^1RECORD ^1DEMO^7]; bind F6 vstr lodcyc; bind F7 vid_restart; bind F7 vid_restart; bind F8 vstr shot; bind F9 vstr nexttoggle; set command-toggle vstr cl-1"
set command-toggle "vstr cl-1"
bind F5 "vstr command-toggle"

//Clean screenshot
set shot "echo SCREENSHOT TAKEN; cg_draw2d 0;cg_drawgun 0; wait; wait; wait; screenshot; toggle cg_draw2d; toggle cg_drawgun"//clean screenshot

//Volume
set volumeup vstr volume5
set volumedn vstr volume3

set volume0 "set s_volume 0.0; set volumeup vstr volume1; set volumedn vstr volumer; echo [^1VOLUME ^30.0^7]"
set volume1 "set s_volume 0.1; set volumeup vstr volume2; set volumedn vstr volume0; echo [^1VOLUME ^30.1^7]"
set volume2 "set s_volume 0.2; set volumeup vstr volume3; set volumedn vstr volume1; echo [^1VOLUME ^30.2^7]"
set volume3 "set s_volume 0.3; set volumeup vstr volume4; set volumedn vstr volume2; echo [^1VOLUME ^30.3^7]"
set volume4 "set s_volume 0.4; set volumeup vstr volume5; set volumedn vstr volume3; echo [^1VOLUME ^30.4^7]"
set volume5 "set s_volume 0.5; set volumeup vstr volume6; set volumedn vstr volume4; echo [^1VOLUME ^30.5^7]"
set volume6 "set s_volume 0.6; set volumeup vstr volume7; set volumedn vstr volume5; echo [^1VOLUME ^30.6^7]"
set volume7 "set s_volume 0.7; set volumeup vstr volume8; set volumedn vstr volume6; echo [^1VOLUME ^30.7^7]"
set volume8 "set s_volume 0.8; set volumeup vstr volume9; set volumedn vstr volume7; echo [^1VOLUME ^30.8^7]"
set volume9 "set s_volume 0.9; set volumeup vstr volume10; set volumedn vstr volume8; echo [^1VOLUME ^30.9^7]"
set volume10 "set s_volume 1.0; set volumeup vstr volume10; set volumedn vstr volume9; echo [^1VOLUME ^31.0^7]"
set volumer "set s_volume 0.5; set volumeup vstr volume6; set volumedn vstr volume0; echo Volume Toggle Function"

//Lagmeter toggle (turn the lagmeter on and off)
set displaylag “vstr lag-on"
set lag-on "echo [^1LAGMETER ^3ON^7]; cg_lagometer 1; set displaylag vstr lag-off"
set lag-off "echo [^1LAGMETER ^3OFF^7]; cg_lagometer 0; set displaylag vstrlag-on"
set displaylag “vstr lag-on"

//Antilag routine (use when you start to lag)
set antilag "vstr antilagon"
set antilagon "cl_maxpackets 10; snaps 10; rate 10000; echo [^1ANTILAG ^3STARTED^7]; set antilag vstr antilagoff"
set antilagoff "cl_maxpackets 30; snaps 30; rate 25000; echo [^1ANTILAG ^3STOPPED^7]; set antilag vstr antilagon"

//Spectator (switch to spectator and then back)
set spectator "team s;set spec vstr play"
set play "team r; set spec vstr spectator"
set spec "vstr spectator"

//Gamma levels
set gamma-1 "set r_gamma 1; bind F7 vstr gamma-2; echo [^1GAMMA ^1SET ^1TO ^3DEFAULT^7];bind F8 vstr gamma-6d"
set gamma-2 "set r_gamma 1.25; bind F7 vstr gamma-3; echo [^1GAMMA ^1SET ^1TO ^31.25^7];bind F8 vstr gamma-5d"
set gamma-3 "set r_gamma 1.5; bind F7 vstr gamma-4; echo [^1GAMMA ^1SET ^1TO ^31.5^7];bind F8 vstr gamma-4d"
set gamma-4 "set r_gamma 1.75; bind F7 vstr gamma-5; echo [^1GAMMA ^1SET ^1TO ^31.75^7];bind F8 vstr gamma-3d"
set gamma-5 "set r_gamma 2.0; bind F7 vstr gamma-6; echo [^1GAMMA ^1SET ^1TO ^32.0^7];bind F8 vstr gamma-2d"
set gamma-6 "set r_gamma 2.25; bind F7 vstr gamma-1; echo [^1GAMMA ^1SET ^1TO ^32.25^7];bind F8 vstr gamma-1d"

set gamma-1d "set r_gamma 2.25; bind F8 vstr gamma-2d; echo [^1GAMMA ^1SET ^1TO ^32.25^7]; bind F7 vstr gamma-1"
set gamma-2d "set r_gamma 2.0; bind F8 vstr gamma-3d; echo [^1GAMMA ^1SET ^1TO ^32.0^7]; bind F7 vstr gamma-2"
set gamma-3d "set r_gamma 1.75; bind F8 vstr gamma-4d; echo [^1GAMMA ^1SET TO ^31.75^7]; bind F7 vstr gamma-3"
set gamma-4d "set r_gamma 1.5; bind F8 vstr gamma-5d; echo [^1GAMMA ^1SET ^1TO ^31.5^7]; bind F7 vstr gamma-4"
set gamma-5d "set r_gamma 1.25.255;bind F8 vstr gamma-6d; echo [^1GAMMA ^1SET TO ^31.25^7]; bind F7 vstr gamma-5"
set gamma-6d "set r_gamma 1; bind F8 vstr gamma-1d; echo [^1GAMMA ^1SET ^1TO ^3DEFAULT^7]; bind F7 vstr gamma-6"

//Level of detail - all games - high/med/low quality quick settings - good for tweaking your system
set LOD2 "r_lodbias 2; set lodcyc vstr LOD1; cg_simpleitems 1; r_dynamiclight 0; r_fastsky 1; r_drawSun 0; cg_gibs 0; echo [^3LOW ^1DETAIL ^1SET^7]"
set LOD1 "r_lodbias 1; set lodcyc vstr LOD0; r_dynamiclight 1; r_drawSun 1; cg_simpleitems 0; cg_gibs 1; echo [^3MEDIUM ^1DETAIL ^1SET^7]"
set LOD0 "r_lodbias 0; set lodcyc vstr LOD2; set r_fastsky 0; echo [^3MAXIMUM ^1DETAIL ^1SET^7]"
set lodcyc "vstr LOD2"

//Net rate
set netrate-1 "set rate 25000; echo [^1RATE ^1SET ^1TO ^325000^7]; set netrate vstr netrate-2"
set netrate-2 "set rate 30000; echo [^1RATE ^1SET ^1TO ^330000^7]; set netrate vstr netrate-3"
set netrate-3 "set rate 35000; echo [^1RATE ^1SET ^1TO ^335000^7]; set netrate vstr netrate-4"
set netrate-4 "set rate 40000; echo [^1RATE ^1SET ^1TO ^340000^7]; set netrate vstr netrate-5"
set netrate-5 "set rate 45000; echo [^1RATE ^1SET ^1TO ^345000^7]; set netrate vstr netrate-6"
set netrate-6 "set rate 50000; echo [^1RATE ^1SET ^1TO ^350000^7]; set netrate vstr netrate-7"
set netrate-7 "set rate 55000; echo [^1RATE ^1SET ^1TO ^355000^7]; set netrate vstr netrate-8"
set netrate-8 "set rate 60000; echo [^1RATE ^1SET ^1TO ^360000^7]; set netrate vstr netrate-9"
set netrate-9 "set rate 62000; echo [^1RATE ^1SET ^1TO ^362000^7]; set netrate vstr netrate-1"
set netrate "vstr netrate-1"

//Max FPS (select maximum fps for currnet server - allows for maximum jumping in RTCW and Quake)
set fpsrate-1 "set com_maxFps 200; echo [^1MAXFPS ^3200^7]; set fpsrate vstr fpsrate-2"
set fpsrate-2 "set com_maxFps 166; echo [^1MAXFPS ^3166^7]; set fpsrate vstr fpsrate-3"
set fpsrate-3 "set com_maxFps 142; echo [^1MAXFPS ^3142^7]; set fpsrate vstr fpsrate-4"
set fpsrate-4 "set com_maxFps 125; echo [^1MAXFPS ^3125^7]; set fpsrate vstr fpsrate-5"
set fpsrate-5 "set com_maxFps 111; echo [^1MAXFPS ^3111^7]; set fpsrate vstr fpsrate-6"
set fpsrate-6 "set com_maxFps 100; echo [^1MAXFPS ^3100^7]; set fpsrate vstr fpsrate-7"
set fpsrate-7 "set com_maxFps 90; echo [^1MAXFPS ^390^7]; set fpsrate vstr fpsrate-8"
set fpsrate-8 "set com_maxFps 83; echo [^1MAXFPS ^383^7]; set fpsrate vstr fpsrate-9"
set fpsrate-9 "set com_maxFps 71; echo [^1MAXFPS ^371^7]; set fpsrate vstr fpsrate-10"
set fpsrate-10 "set com_maxFps 66; echo [^1MAXFPS ^366^7]; set fpsrate vstr fpsrate-11"
set fpsrate-11 "set com_maxFps 62; echo [^1MAXFPS ^362^7]; set fpsrate vstr fpsrate-12"
set fpsrate-12 "set com_maxFps 58; echo [^1MAXFPS ^358^7]; set fpsrate vstr fpsrate-13"
set fpsrate-13 "set com_maxFps 55; echo [^1MAXFPS ^355^7]; set fpsrate vstr fpsrate-14"
set fpsrate-14 "set com_maxFps 52; echo [^1MAXFPS ^352^7]; set fpsrate vstr fpsrate-15"
set fpsrate-15 "set com_maxFps 47; echo [^1MAXFPS ^347^7]; set fpsrate vstr fpsrate-16"
set fpsrate-16 "set com_maxFps 45; echo [^1MAXFPS ^345^7]; set fpsrate vstr fpsrate-17"
set fpsrate-17 "set com_maxFps 43; echo [^1MAXFPS ^343^7]; set fpsrate vstr fpsrate-18"
set fpsrate-18 "set com_maxFps 41; echo [^1MAXFPS ^341^7]; set fpsrate vstr fpsrate-19"
set fpsrate-19 "set com_maxFps 38; echo [^1MAXFPS ^338^7]; set fpsrate vstr fpsrate-1"
set fpsrate "vstr fpsrate-1"

// Timenudge settings (set to the ping of the current server you are on)
set nudge-1 "set cl_timenudge 0; echo [^30 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-2"
set nudge-2 "set cl_timenudge 5; echo [^310 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-3"
set nudge-3 "set cl_timenudge 10; echo [^320 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-4"
set nudge-4 "set cl_timenudge 15; echo [^330 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-5"
set nudge-5 "set cl_timenudge 20; echo [^340 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-6"
set nudge-6 "set cl_timenudge 25; echo [^350 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-7"
set nudge-7 "set cl_timenudge 30; echo [^360 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-8"
set nudge-8 "set cl_timenudge 35; echo [^370 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-9"
set nudge-9 "set cl_timenudge 40; echo [^380 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-10"
set nudge-10 "set cl_timenudge 45; echo [^390 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-11"
set nudge-11 "set cl_timenudge 50; echo [^3100 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-12"
set nudge-12 "set cl_timenudge 55; echo [^3110 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-13"
set nudge-13 "set cl_timenudge 60; echo [^3120 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-14"
set nudge-14 "set cl_timenudge 65; echo [^3130 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-15"
set nudge-15 "set cl_timenudge 70; echo [^3140 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-16"
set nudge-16 "set cl_timenudge 75; echo [^3150 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-17"
set nudge-17 "set cl_timenudge 80; echo [^3160 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-18"
set nudge-18 "set cl_timenudge 85; echo [^3170 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-19"
set nudge-19 "set cl_timenudge 90; echo [^3180 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-20"
set nudge-20 "set cl_timenudge 95; echo [^3190 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-21"
set nudge-21 "set cl_timenudge 100; echo [^3200 ^1SERVER ^1PING^7]; set nudge vstr nudge-1"
set nudge "vstr nudge-1"

// Packet settings (higher = more data - default 30 - lower for 56k)
set packet-1 "set cl_maxpackets 15; echo [^1PACKETS ^1SET ^1TO ^315^7]; set packets vstr packet-2"
set packet-2 "set cl_maxpackets 20; echo [^1PACKETS ^1SET ^1TO ^320^7]; set packets vstr packet-3"
set packet-3 "set cl_maxpackets 25; echo [^1PACKETS ^1SET ^1TO ^325^7]; set packets vstr packet-4"
set packet-4 "set cl_maxpackets 30; echo [^1PACKETS ^1SET ^1TO ^330^7]; set packets vstr packet-5"
set packet-5 "set cl_maxpackets 35; echo [^1PACKETS ^1SET ^1TO ^335^7]; set packets vstr packet-6"
set packet-6 "set cl_maxpackets 45; echo [^1PACKETS ^1SET ^1TO ^345^7]; set packets vstr packet-7"
set packet-7 "set cl_maxpackets 50; echo [^1PACKETS ^1SET ^1TO ^350^7]; set packets vstr packet-8"
set packet-8 "set cl_maxpackets 55; echo [^1PACKETS ^1SET ^1TO ^355^7]; set packets vstr packet-9"
set packet-9 "set cl_maxpackets 60; echo [^1PACKETS ^1SET ^1TO ^360^7]; set packets vstr packet-1"
set packets "vstr packet-9"

As you can see NO CHEATS just network/system stuff. This script pases through punkbuster on RTCW so as far as I can see is no a cheat. So in the end we all do what we think is right. As for the context of this forum just see what the original intent of it was. What it has become may be something else but it was not intended to be a place for the person who ends up a loser in a fight (fights) to come in and blame the people who are posting for their loss. Maybe that person executed a move too quick or spammed it over and over because of a script or maybe not. Did you ask them? If you did not then how do you know? If someone kicks your butt in the future ASK if they used a scrit. Most people will say "Yes I did!" or "Scripters are whores!" and some who say yes will even tell you where they got the script or how to bind it up. Most of the scripts in this thread can be executed without the need of a script.

My last question to you is do you think that gamepads and joysticks that allow you to program macro's are cheats? Or is that ok because it is a hardware device instead of a software tweak?
Flame me again and let us know. But do it after your loss in a ffa duel so we can see if that person used scripts, a gamepad, a joystick, or just the old keyboard and mouse. But wait does a person with an optical mouse have an advantage over a person with a ball mouse? I think they do so is that cheating? Better ask them that too just to be safe. We would not want you to be on the raw end of the stick unless everything was the same.

Also if any of you want to duel me all you have to do is look for
[Darth MaXiMuS]...I will be happy to show you how unskilled I am...not!
 its420onthedot
07-23-2002, 9:10 PM

I also said that the spinning backstab was a script that almost ruined the game. I do not like attack scripts in games like this. That is why I stated that in Quake and Counterstrike it is almost impossible to win without them. I did not say that I used them in Quake or Counterstrike. In fact I stopped playing them for that very reason. It is not that I could not write scripts to counter them, I just thought that it was unfair to rack up kills this way, just like in this game. The spinning stab in 1.03 forced me into a script to avoid it. I did not resort to their level because I tink that this game is better fought with skill and not scripts. If someone thinks these scripts will improve their overall gameplay they are mistaken. The skilled player will always find a way to win unless it is an all out unavoidable attack like the spinning backstab.

As you can see NO CHEATS just network/system stuff. This script pases through punkbuster on RTCW so as far as I can see is no a cheat. So in the end we all do what we think is right. As for the context of this forum just see what the original intent of it was. What it has become may be something else but it was not intended to be a place for the person who ends up a loser in a fight (fights) to come in and blame the people who are posting for their loss. Maybe that person executed a move too quick or spammed it over and over because of a script or maybe not. Did you ask them? If you did not then how do you know? If someone kicks your butt in the future ASK if they used a scrit. Most people will say "Yes I did!" or "Scripters are whores!" and some who say yes will even tell you where they got the script or how to bind it up. Most of the scripts in this thread can be executed without the need of a script.

My last question to you is do you think that gamepads and joysticks that allow you to program macro's are cheats? Or is that ok because it is a hardware device instead of a software tweak?
Flame me again and let us know. But do it after your loss in a ffa duel so we can see if that person used scripts, a gamepad, a joystick, or just the old keyboard and mouse. But wait does a person with an optical mouse have an advantage over a person with a ball mouse? I think they do so is that cheating? Better ask them that too just to be safe. We would not want you to be on the raw end of the stick unless everything was the same.

Also if any of you want to duel me all you have to do is look for
[Darth MaXiMuS]...I will be happy to show you how unskilled I am...not!

Here's how this whole thing started. I practiced at this game, for a long time, because when I first got it, I sucked. So, I got better, and better, and better. Then I saw this guy who was doing you know what, and he was obnoxious, and practically ruined the very entertaining FFA that was in progress. He pissed everyone off, had scripts for changing names so it was impossible to kick him. He was like a freekin mosquito buzzin in your ear when you sleepin. ANNOYING!!!!!!! I didn't get on LUcasForums to bitch about scripting, although, you all may disagree with me. :)

I don't know. Maybe I wouldn't have the problems I ahve with scripters if they were kind, and ya, did shed the knowledge when you asked them. If you get killed by em, they'll say, "You suck" or "LOL", because they laugh at the competition that you've just brought them. If you ask them how they did that, they'll say, "Magic." They're just plain obnoxious and they, unlike the ppl that bitch about BS, ruin the game.

And Sith, I've already said, if you scroll through the thread, that you're scripts look cool. And, I'm compelled to try a few. I despise the attack scripts. And although you say you don't use em, I doubt that. You probably pull em out whenever you might need em. I don't kow...

To address your questions about gamepads, mouse, joysticks, etc. Ya, I think that some have advantages, sure. I use a Nostrama Speed Pad which has macro capability, but I don't use it. BTW, if you've never tried one, they're awesome. Give em a shot! So yes, if you've got a gamepad/joystick and use the macros, I consider it to be the same as scripting. Essentially, thats what it is.

You said that you improved your gameplay by twofold. you didn't specify a ping script or not.

I don't think that regular players have a chance against a full-fledged scripter. I consider myself to be as skilled as the next person, but I will admit that the skillful scripter will have the upper hand. And with an immediate advantage, its cheating.

Sigining off of these forums, all you all can raise your hats in celebration. I'm goin to get a beer...
 its420onthedot
07-23-2002, 9:13 PM
Sith,

One last question and your signature pretty much answers it. You use a kick script?
 remark 666
07-24-2002, 12:37 AM
stop with the ####ing quotes and stop with the goddamn flames, ignore the pot head ####, it's only words, not like he knows who you guys really are, rise up over him, please!!

ok, I post this again, if you've missed it due to this stupid arguing

seta name "^1|:|^5R^7e^5M^7a^5R^7k^1|:|" <- that's the code I see, what I wanted to ask you guys is how to bind a name to a key, so if I press a button my name will change to whatever I type in, than with a key, it'll come back, thanks in advance.

ohh and to add more ram to the game is seta com_hunkMegs "100" (or in the console type /com_hunkmegs #

#= how much you want to add (I'd recommend 2/3 or half of your total ram, as seen, I put less than half but better than default) /com_hunkmegs without the # will tell you the default number (64 I think).

also, is it possible to bind ` for console as a key only ? I'm really tired of doing it shift + `

^_^

note: ohh, and kick to red stance dfa isn't a script stupid, it's forward, jump+jump (when still in air, back flying, hold attack) than when you touch the ground press jump...you need to time it right

I had this as a script, it was MUCH easier to do the combo than to press one button, it felt really weird just pressing a button, you had no control over the situation...I didn't like that

I use my scripts mostly for game binds and mod binds (still have clean up stuff to do)

//crazy spin
set spinmove "vstr spin"
set spin "seta cl_yawspeed "3000"; +left; set spinmove vstr normal"
set normal "seta cl_yawspeed "140"; -left; set spinmove vstr spin"
bind R "vstr spinmove"

//reborn secret skins
bind F1 "model reborn/boss"
bind F2 "model reborn/fencer"
bind F3 "model reborn/acrobat"
bind F4 "model reborn/forceuser"

//misc.
bind Z "say ^3Allied to good, ^1nightmare ^3to you!!!!"
bind J "kill"

//saber spin taunt [weapon servers only]
bind . "vstr sabtaunt"

//saber colors [red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple]
bind F5 "set color1 0"
bind F6 "set color1 1"
bind F7 "set color1 2"
bind F8 "set color1 3"
bind F9 "set color1 4"
bind F10 "set color1 5"

//MOD binds/JediMod 1.0/
bind DEL "sit"
bind INS "stand"
bind HOME "kiss"
bind PGUP "nod"
bind PGDN "shake"

//an attack toogle
set "attacking" "vstr at1"
set "at1" "+attack; set "attacking" "vstr at2""
set "at2" "-attack; set "attacking" "vstr at1""
bind CTRL "attacking"

//walk on and off
bind V "cl_run !"

//test

see, simple binds, nothing considered "cheating"

I hate your kind, when I kick your ass its usually "hey, that's a script, how the hell!!" "that wasn't fair, cheater"

and even when I use simple #### like Kill Tracker, people think it's cheating, you're the dumb kind, we're the kind that takes the game to higher grounds, #### off, being in his thread I consider you a (by your own words) "cheater", leave us alone, people are trying to learn something here, go spend more time with your wife and kids rather than here, #### you
 Sith Maximus
07-24-2002, 1:34 AM
Sith,

One last question and your signature pretty much answers it. You use a kick script?

No I just got into kicking people because of the backstabs. It was a sure way to keep them bak. If you need a script for that then you should packup your stuff and go home!
 Sith Maximus
07-24-2002, 1:38 AM

To address your questions about gamepads, mouse, joysticks, etc. Ya, I think that some have advantages, sure. I use a Nostrama Speed Pad which has macro capability, but I don't use it. BTW, if you've never tried one, they're awesome. Give em a shot! So yes, if you've got a gamepad/joystick and use the macros, I consider it to be the same as scripting. Essentially, thats what it is.

I also use the speedpad. If yo have not tried the macro maker give it a shot. It can do some very cool things.

I see we understand each other at last so If you see me on a server I will give ya a bow!
 its420onthedot
07-24-2002, 4:15 AM
speaking of words and rising up over ppl remark, you might want to do the same

and btw, you see me in a bar, you wouldn't rip off that many words to my face without me rising up over your sorry ass

you'll end up on the bottom of my tenna shoe bra, guara...damn...tee...it

so YOU! stop with the flaming before i light a flame in your ass, little tramp
 thehomicidalegg
07-24-2002, 9:08 AM
hehe there's almost as many(if not more) flame posts in here as there are scripts
Page: 6 of 19