Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Plo Koon Model!

Page: 3 of 5
 PIo Koon
06-27-2002, 11:40 PM
man ive loved :koon: ever since i saw him in Episode 1 and Jedi Powerbattles...this model means alot to me =OD

but anwyay...i was thinking...i know it might be more work(cuz im making a mod for C&C Renegade and doing more modeling for something simple isn't always easy) would u mind doing robed AND unrobed...i mean yea we all might say we would like robed or robed...and come time for the model we would enjoy it for a while...but then wonder if the other version would look any cooler(not saying any of them would NOT be cool)

being a modeler myself i know it takes time to get something good...and u didn't have to ask us what we wanted and u could have done what u wanted to do...and i think we all appreciate u letting us decide what we think is best...but if both model versions were made i think everyone would be happy and ud be very popular with the community ;)...but i think u are already popular with us heh

i mean couldn't the unrobed be made...then for robed u make another model piece...make it to look realistic...then go back and delete the inside mesh that won't be used...merge the verts so its one model and thers both versions?(yes i know its not that easy) =OP

anyway i know no one is going to read a really long post so i'll end it here...but if i had to choose i think that Plo Koon looks BEST in robed, and in unrobed his head just looks...big?..i dunno the descrip for his but it looks to humanoid with an alien head...robed giving it a more "mysterious" look to him:koon:
 Klorel
06-27-2002, 11:47 PM
incredible head. i say model him wearing whatever he wears in the fight on geonosis and be done with that debate.
 VIO
06-28-2002, 1:34 AM
hhahaha THUMBWARS great movie
 JiPInSane
06-28-2002, 3:30 AM
I dont even give a sh|t then as long as your making Plo makes me happy :) :dozey:
 WhiteShdw
06-28-2002, 3:31 AM
I have to agree with Nanodagiardino. The robes look cool in the movie, but i don't like how it looks in the game. So, unless you can make it look good in the game, i have to vote for no robes. Besides, I think Plo Koon looks very cool in his Jedi outfit as well.
 KOP_+GOD'sLion+
06-28-2002, 3:43 AM
Yep i agree with that , robes are too much hassal.
http://starwars.hasbro.com/toyshowcase/item.cfm?sku=84868&x=18&y=2)
 adillon
06-28-2002, 3:49 AM
i gotta go with the NO ROBES vote. although they seem to be the "uniform" of a jedi master, they look a little restricting nonetheless, especially during a fight. i think plo looks very cool sans robe - just like the action figure shows.

the head is amazing! kinja, hopefully your friend will check out this thrad and see the overwhelming excitment of this project. if not, be sure to inform him that we are totally and completely in awe of the work he has produced.

unnamed friend of kinja, you kick @$$!
 Kranckor
06-28-2002, 3:50 AM
No robes :D
 JiPInSane
06-28-2002, 3:55 AM
How are you gonna do this? he didnt say a word in the movie so .... yah =/
 Harukaze
06-28-2002, 6:20 AM
He's a silent protagonist kinda Jedi. And his species can communicate telepathically. So he doesn't need a taunt; he's intimidating enough as he is, after all.
 genthar
06-28-2002, 7:18 AM
Yes, and in the comic books, his speech bubbles are drawn differently and his text is in italics so show how much different his voice is from other humanoids.
 JiPInSane
06-28-2002, 7:52 AM
I see... :koon: :koon: :koon: :koon: :koon: :koon: w00t!. I cant wait!
 -Chrono_MOT-
06-28-2002, 8:07 AM
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dortiz2k1/saber4.jpg)

I want that model finished so people can use my hilt :P
 nomad
06-28-2002, 12:46 PM
Since you're giving us a vote:

ROBED!

I do hope you choose which ever challenge you desire more.
I don't have any problems with the way robes are in the game, and I definitely like the way Plo Koon looks in his robes.
I'll also suggest investing twice as much time and making the model with and without the long robes. (Isn't that nice of me?)

Best of luck!
And once again... Who is that masked man?

-nomad

MTFBWY
 DarthDarth
06-28-2002, 1:01 PM
Originally posted by Nanodagiardino
I am speechless, now I understand why he is your master Kinja

PLO KOON (http://minestudents.pc.unicatt.it/2001/aolcelli/plokoon.jpg)

*Blinks* Holy freaking mother of Jesus........um wow. I've always wanted a Plo Koon, but i never knew you could make one so good.

Robed....yes or maybe both. you ccould do like a Tyrion thing and be able to turn on and off robed version *shrugs* best of luck

DarthDarth
 DarthDarth
06-29-2002, 6:58 AM
I hate to do this but Pol Koon is da man so

as they say

EL BUMPO
 BradFu
06-29-2002, 7:28 AM
I'm going to adjust my vote slightly. If possible, Robes that can be removed like Tyrion. If not, Robed :)

One reason I'd like to see him robed is so he can be used for potential Jedi Council cutscenes for SP mods. I think accuracy is a good thing, as well, and he is never seen w/o robes in the movies. I think as long as it's done well (and there's no reason to expect it to not be done well), robes will look great in-game :)
 Jason_W
06-29-2002, 7:48 AM
Is there actually a model? Frankly with 3 pages of posts and no pic I'm a little doubtful.
 JiPInSane
06-29-2002, 7:51 AM
actually there is a pic of the head .... if you read this post.

A long wait can be good sometimes.. it meansk the modeler is trying hard to make it the best he can.. dont rush him.. he has done a really kick ass job so far
 Oobedoob Benobi
06-29-2002, 7:54 AM
http://minestudents.pc.unicatt.it/2001/aolcelli/plokoon.jpg)
If you looked on the second page the link was there. The reason why there isn't a body yet is because the maker doesn't know if he wants to make it robed or unrobed.
 Master Burner
06-29-2002, 7:55 AM
Originally posted by Klorel
incredible head. i say model him wearing whatever he wears in the fight on geonosis and be done with that debate.

agreed :D uuh can't wait for a Plo Koon Model ;) his is my favorite from the beginning where i saw him in JPB and EP1 :D
 Nanodagiardino
06-29-2002, 8:24 AM
Don't forget to vote your robes preferences in the "plo koon robes dilemma" poll!
 DarthBob
06-29-2002, 2:47 PM
I love Plo Koon so I couldn't care less how Plo turns out. I would go for the ROBES...However a few points were made about animation, etc. So I'd go with no robes. But if there's a MASTER for KINJA. ((Kinja is about as good as I can imagine someone getting so anything more is amazing)) Then maybe Kinja's bud can figure something out for Plo to not get to distorted. So it all depends on what Kinja's bud can do, if he can make Plo look good with a robe, then go for the robe!! Otherwise I'll go no robe.
I'm excited about Plo! I just hope he looks awesome!! Keep up the GREAT work!!
 Lucko Mabri
06-29-2002, 3:41 PM
I think the first priority is to make 'NO ROBES'! I say no robes because it will take a lot less time than 'Robes'. 'Robes' can be done at a later date. for now we just want to play plo koon in the game. I'll say it again. Make a no robes then release. Make a robes and release after.
Thankyou :D

-Lucko Mabri
 philemon
06-30-2002, 12:06 AM
Taunts anyone? Well i have them right here. I ripped some Plo Koon taunts from Clone Campaigns. They are good ones tooKinja if you want to hear these let me know so i can e-mail them to you or e-mail me. and ill send them. malachi212@hotmail.com
here is what each one says:

I am PLO KOON!
My saber is ready!
In the name of the Republic!
I will show NO Mercy!
I seek Justice not vengence.
My only weapon is the force!

so pick your taunt for this wonderful model!
also anyone else that wants them to hear what they sound like tell me.
 SithLord Maul
06-30-2002, 12:21 AM
I think he should have no robes and just the tunic and pants so he doesnt look like mon mothma AHHHH!
 CheshireKat
06-30-2002, 12:51 AM
That headmodel is absolutely beautiful!

Great Work!
 El_graco
06-30-2002, 2:34 AM
I think that no matter what we decide it will be brilliant. If Kinja says his mate is good then he MUST!!! be good.

I think that he should be ROBED and his taunt should be

My only weapon is the force! (the one philemon is suppling)

N e way good work on the head and good luck on the body work

:koon:
 Harukaze
06-30-2002, 2:45 AM
I agree, "My only weapon is the Force" sounds much more like Plo Koon. "I will show no mercy" just doesn't sound right to me.
 BradFu
06-30-2002, 3:09 AM
I personally would prefer no vocal sounds for Plo. If vocal sounds ARE used, they should be run through some kind of distortion that makes it sound more other-wordly than just words. Philemon, if you can e-mail them to me at bradfu@msn.com I'll put them up at my site so everyone can have a listen :)
 JiPInSane
06-30-2002, 3:58 AM
I would really like to hear these sounds... I agree with bradfu about the "no sounds".
 nomad
06-30-2002, 4:14 AM
One Question for Kinja and His Master,
Will you be using THIS thread or the POLL THREAD that someone else made, to determine the results of the "robed or no robed" question that You have started?

I just thought it would be good to clear that up for any one else that is interested in voting and or confused.

Another Q

Will this model use any invisible poles? :p

-nomad

MTFBWY
 Kinja
06-30-2002, 4:56 AM
Well, since there was a poll made, we will just use that, so go vote if you hav'nt. And vote unrobed, cause this guy does awsome cloth and I can't wait to see how cool that uniform will be if he does it. UNROBED!!!
 Nanodagiardino
06-30-2002, 5:26 AM
Originally posted by nomad
One Question for Kinja and His Master,
Will you be using THIS thread or the POLL THREAD that someone else made, to determine the results of the "robed or no robed" question that You have started?

I just thought it would be good to clear that up for any one else that is interested in voting and or confused.

Another Q

Will this model use any invisible poles? :p

-nomad

MTFBWY

I started the poll because I figured that if everyone would post a robe unrobed post, we would have about 3-4 pages of uselless posts quite messy. But we have only 50 votes in the poll up to now. I was sure that there were more than 50 frequent "modelling forum" users! Anyway I voted UNROBED, difinetely unrobed!
 philemon
06-30-2002, 7:45 AM
Back to the taunts that i posted above. BradFu will post the taunts on his site so everyone can hear them so until then what do you think? do you think any of them will suit Plo Koon or do you think he should be silent?
 BradFu
06-30-2002, 8:21 AM
Here are the files Philemon sent me:

http://windu.cjb.net/plokoon/onlyweapon.mp3)
http://windu.cjb.net/plokoon/shownomercy.mp3)
http://windu.cjb.net/plokoon/justice.mp3)
http://windu.cjb.net/plokoon/iamplokoon.mp3)
http://windu.cjb.net/plokoon/republic.mp3)
http://windu.cjb.net/plokoon/saberisready.mp3)

I personally think the pitch is too high for what I picture as Plo Koon's voice. The distortion is metallic, also, which implies he's speaking through the breather on his mouth, I dunno about that. What do you guys think?
 Kinja
06-30-2002, 8:21 AM
Why shouldn't he have a taunt, I'm mean if those are things hes said before in a game or whatever then I say hell ya he should have a taunt. I dont think people really know enough about him to say that its more suiting if he doesnt talk, just because he doesnt say anything in the movie. Hell, I bet hes a hoot if ya get him drunk, lol. And I've heard people say that, obviously his robes are his favorite fighting attire. I mean for all we really know, that might have been the first time he ever fought in those digs. Then, who knows, maybe he went home that night and thought, "ya know what, these robes suk balls when it comes to fighting in them. Anyway, just my 2 cents, hehe.
 BradFu
06-30-2002, 8:23 AM
The reason I was saying he shouldn't have a taunt is because according to the information we have on him, he doesn't speak except telepathically. If he DOES have a taunt, I think it should have a lot of reverb in it so he doesn't sound like he's simply speaking, but projecting his words to you.
 Kinja
06-30-2002, 8:45 AM
I'm cool with that. Maybe somone could take the ones that somones got and add an effect to it.
 BradFu
06-30-2002, 8:51 AM
Those are pretty cool sounds, but I'm thinking Plo should have a deeper 'voice'. My vote is entirely new sounds that the reverb could be applied to. I think I'll try to record some stuff when I get home from work and see if it turns out any good.
 JiPInSane
06-30-2002, 8:56 AM
yeah I agree with Bradfu 110%.
:D
if he does mostly speek telepathically... well I think you know what im going to say next. Those are ok taunts... but I cant picture Plo saying em =/
 Andy867
06-30-2002, 9:06 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, its True Plo Koon speaks mostly with the help of telepathy, but in AOTC, did he not say to Padme about dooku that, " He is a political Idealist, not a murderer." I could be wrong, but then again, whats new? But then again he speaks in Episode 1 to anakin about how "your feelings dwell on your mother." but everyone is right, he doesn't verbally speak much...

This may be off hand, but did anyone question why Gabriel Byrne wasn't in AOTC, when the official trailer showed me being in it... ?
 JiPInSane
06-30-2002, 9:21 AM
No that was Kai-Ai Mundi... (sp hehe) hes the dude with the cone shaped head.
 DarthDarth
06-30-2002, 9:25 AM
Ok I just remixed my fav taunt it sounds more telepathy I think tell me what you guys think =)

http://www.geocities.com/darth_pnut)

Just click or save the thing that says taunt, should work fine now
 dane
06-30-2002, 9:30 AM
DUDE ITS A BROKEN LINK.
 DarthDarth
06-30-2002, 9:37 AM
Its not working I uploaded the file once and then made a link in my HTML cod eif i load the page from my file manager it shows the link but if I make a link to my site It does not show, if some one could host the sound file it would help a lot thanks

DarthDarth

<EDIT> maybe it will work from here *sigh*

http://www.geocities.com/darth_pnut/Index.html)

</EDIT>
 t3rr0r
06-30-2002, 9:39 AM
... kinda need a url to the actual file.
 JiPInSane
06-30-2002, 9:41 AM
yeah I dont see it anywhere on that pg. either. =/
 DarthDarth
06-30-2002, 9:41 AM
sorry about all my stupid and crap but this link is working fine go onto the page and click taunt or right click on it to save the save file

http://www.geocities.com/darth_pnut/Index.html) <--Has the taunt
 JiPInSane
06-30-2002, 9:44 AM
Still dont see it...
Page: 3 of 5