Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A Whole Big Mess-Bookshops and Hangars on Coruscant-(formerly known as "new rpg")

Page: 3 of 4
 armadillopillow
07-09-2002, 7:41 AM
*Gehn looks around making sure she was really in the cantina*

[Gehn]: i was just at the hangar..i.. dont ... i think this is somekind of a teleporter!

*Ariel eyes the device carefully *

[Gehn]:.. i wonder how it works.. all i did was mention the place i want to go and i was there!

*Ariel scoops up artemis and grabs Tarin by the arm*

[Gehn]: here watch ...HANGAR BY THE OLD DINER

*Gehn glanced down at the screen now displaying a picture of the hangar , there was a flash of blue light and they disappeared*
 Wacky_Baccy
07-09-2002, 7:54 AM
*Tarin quickly shuts his eyes tightly, and grabs on to Ariel*

*A split-second later they were standing in the hangar across from the old diner*

Wow... That's unbelievable!

*Tarin stares at the device with a look of wonder in his eyes*

I wonder if... Hmmm... Perhaps not...
 armadillopillow
07-09-2002, 8:57 AM
*Ariel recovers from the teleport*

[Gehn]: okei.. wheres your ship?

*Ariel carefully places the teleporter inside her coat pocket*
 Wacky_Baccy
07-09-2002, 9:27 AM
If we're where I think we are, it should be in the hangar behind us... *Tarin turns around slowly*
 stormtroop
07-11-2002, 4:04 PM
turns around the hanger gate opens inside a dark sith.with the raise of his saber he charges at the man.the sith did a double flip ending up behind him.tarin spun around to see noone there
 armadillopillow
07-12-2002, 1:28 PM
[oos] Hey fellow posters and rpg'ers i am thrilled at how well this thread is developing and i would like to thank every one whos participating. The RPG seems to have been flowing along nicely, but at this juncture i would like to instate a few rules.

1. DO NOT controll other peoples characters~ ie: do not make characters that are not yours do something, such as speaking, moving, or dying, the creator of the character should be the only person controlling that character unless they give permission to do otherwise.

2. Write in COMPLETE or at least understandable sentences and in proper RPG format~ ie: put * * or (( )) around narrations, something to let people know that it is a narration, and please use complete sentences unless an incomplete sentence is appropriate. ie: *Walks away*. The post must also be legible and comprehensible to prevent confusion.

3. DO NOT interupt an RPG~ ie: before joining an rpg try to read the story so far and wait for an opening in the story that allows for a character to make an entrance without disrupting the story line.

4. Be polite~ ie: respect your fellow writers and RPG'ers.

If you do not like these rules you do not have to follow them but please do not continue to post replies to this thread if that is the case. Any posts contravening the rules will either be ignored or deleted.

Furthermore never panic, and always have a towel, or your head will promptly be fed to the Bugblatter Beast of Traal. lol Have Fun!
 Deac
07-13-2002, 1:47 AM
[Fitting that Deac should cross over in his 1000th post.]

*Deac is shocked so much by the transportation that his eyes shut and it will take time for him to see clearly. What he will see on the other side is entirely unknown[ Meaning that Redwing will have to decide, seeing as it's his idea]*
 Redwing
07-13-2002, 3:42 PM
((OOS: Should I start a new topic for it? You know...like when Rwos and Deac left the "Alternate Universe" to another (two) dimensions, they also actually left the topic...:D

I could make a spinoff thread, and when we leave my universe return here. What do you guys say?

Oh, and pointing out that Tarin, Deac and Ariel have a 50% chance of getting "teleporter madness" (hallucinations and aggressiveness; craving action and losing conscious moral restraints); Deac will be given a 'purge' when he gets to the other side as a precaution, but Ariel and Tarin are unprotected ;)))
 Deac
07-14-2002, 2:59 AM
[Doing it in 2 threads would probably make it confusing. Keep it here]
 Redwing
07-14-2002, 5:53 AM
((Okay ^_^))

*The group appears in the middle of a city, on a tower. Beneath and around them stretches a city that looks like someone created by mixing Coruscant, Nar Shadda, Earth architecture, and something else entirely. Half the buildings are connected with long, thin bridges with platforms in between. The city is both vertical and horizontal, and seems to stretch away forever. Rwos fiddles with his teleporter for a moment before looking up*

Deac...welcome to Trelles Spaceport, Central Europe Federation, Earth.
 Wacky_Baccy
07-14-2002, 11:52 AM
*Tarin stares at the empty space in front of him*

Wha... What was that??!

*He looks at Ariel, a thoroughly confused, and slightly worried look on his face*

((OOS - Armie... You know what to do... Right? :D))
 armadillopillow
07-14-2002, 2:01 PM
*Gehn looks in the empty space in the hangar doorway*

what was what?.. are you allright?.. c'mon.. we better get going

*Ariel steps into the hangar and gestures for Tarin to follow*
 Wacky_Baccy
07-14-2002, 2:31 PM
You didn't see...?

*Tarin looks utterly bemused, and ever so slightly wary. He turns around in a full circle and, seeing nothing out of the ordinary, he follows Ariel into the hangar*

*He sighs*

I really mustn't drink with those Wookiees again...
 Deac
07-15-2002, 3:00 AM
Earth? I think...wait a moment

*Deac pulls out the "History of Starkiller" and reads it. His finger drops to a footnote*

It turns out that Jorvak Highhammer knew someone from Earth. Is this the same place?
 Redwing
07-15-2002, 7:03 AM
Rwos: Eh...possible, I suppose, but unlikely. The parallel in this reality to your universe is thousands of years into the past, perhaps millions. A natural rift could only have formed then. Now we need to get you a quick medical---

*another masked Swordsman comes up behind Rwos*

Rwos, the Shadows have stopped their jumping and powered down their teleporters. We believe they are transporting the girl outside of Trelles as soon as possible. We have watchmen stationed at all likely exit junctures, but it's impossible to form a perimeter around this entire city.

And there's another problem - we believe that someone has found the missing teleporter already.

((edit for spelling :p))
 armadillopillow
07-15-2002, 8:46 AM
*Ariel looked at Tarin with a confused expression on her face*

Did i see what?..Are you okei? c'mon lets get going...

*Ariel gives Tarin a suspicious look and walks into the hangar*
 Kjшlen
07-15-2002, 8:59 AM
*When they walk into the hanger they notuce that the inside is in ruins. Every craft is destroyed except one the outdated one in the back.*
*They notice a man named Kjшlen standing inside pointing at an aircraft. It explodes.*

"Hello there, I am Kjшlen. I have com here because I heard there is a dangerous and powerful creature hidden somewhere in here. He is small. I must destroy it, for it is evil."
*The mans hair suddenly turns brighter gold then it was before and his eyes were now white. Suddenly an huge dome of energies was released from him and shattered the hanger, but harming no one. A small black squid type thing flies and land anout 25 yards away.*
 Wacky_Baccy
07-15-2002, 11:52 AM
*Tarin stares at the man incredulously. He looks around, and sees the smouldering remains of his ship lying on the ground*

You... My ship...! *He starts to sob*

Have you any idea how much work I put into that ship? *Tarin stares fiercely at the stranger*

((OOS: You bastard! :D I liked that ship! :D ;) ))
 armadillopillow
07-15-2002, 12:07 PM
*Ariel stares at the man suspiciously*
Why is there a creature in here and how did you know it was there?
*Ariel glances at the charred courpse of Tarins ship*
 Deac
07-16-2002, 2:16 AM
Who are the shadows? What exactly is going on here? Is this the part where I go insane?!
 Redwing
07-16-2002, 7:25 AM
Rwos: Deac? I just told y...

Uh-oh.

*Rwos nods to two of the Swordsmen, who step behind him and grab his arms, restraining him. Rwos raises two fingers which begin to glow*

Sorry about this Deac...but if I don't, this is the part where you go insane.

*rays of light emanate from Rwos' hand. They circle Deac, first seeming to fill him with power, then drain him. Deac begins to feel dizzy and faint*
 Deac
07-17-2002, 1:36 AM
*Deac awakes*

Thanks, Rwos. So let me get this straight:

We're chasing a mutant and some people who deal in strange technology.

And I have a further question:

If the theory of alternate universe doubles is true, is there a Deac on this side?
 Redwing
07-17-2002, 5:40 AM
Rwos: No, that would be pretty much impossible. You're thinking in terms of parallel universes. This universe doesn't parallel yours. It comes close, relatively speaking; accessible by the same axis dimension. But the soul doubles theory, as we call it here, only holds absolutely true in parallel dimensions.

*a masked Swordsman speaks to Rwos* So, your friend here's a scientist?

Rwos: No, Evan, but he understands the basic concepts.

Evan: 'Basic concepts' hah. No one but you studies that stuff if they can get away with it.

Rwos: Anyway. Yes, we're chasing a mutant girl. Human. We actually just wanted to get her back here, which is step A, but now we need to move to step B, which is get her back from her kidnappers.

*the first masked Swordsman* Termand, a transport won't be here for fifteen minutes. Do you want to go back and retrieve the teleporter?
 Deac
07-17-2002, 7:23 PM
We must be a great deal from my universe. The one next to mine should only be one neutrino out of alignment. So, therefore, I may exist here, but I am clearly not famous.

Or they don't want me to know.
 Redwing
07-18-2002, 5:15 AM
Deac...you may have existed a long, long time ago, but time has advanced much further here. *shrugs*

[to the first Swordsman:] Do you think we'll have the time?
 Clefo
07-18-2002, 8:34 AM
*Esli, drunk vagrant extrodanaire, approaches Ariel and puts his hand on her shoulder*

Hello lady, would you or your friend like to buy insurence for space craft.. Oops, looks like its blown up already, so insurence is useless! Actually I'm not a real insurence salesman, I'm a vagrant, I have no friends.. Will you be my friend?
 armadillopillow
07-18-2002, 8:39 AM
*Ariel, surprised, spins around and punches the man square in the nose*

DO NOT touch me!

*Artemis growls at esli from behind ariels leg*
*Ariel is shocked by her own sudden rage*
 Clefo
07-18-2002, 8:42 AM
Esli: Owie, *Makes a cat rrowing noise* I just wanted to help is that so wrong?
 Wacky_Baccy
07-18-2002, 11:19 PM
It is when you're too free with your hands, or when you blow things up with no consideration for [the plot! :p :D] people and their property. *Tarin scowls at the man*

And what makes you think you can help us, anyway?

--Edit--

*swears* ...Looks like I got the wrong man :( :rolleyes: :D

*curses his own inattentiveness*

Attention is highly over-rated anyways :p :D
 Deac
07-19-2002, 2:04 AM
So...what are we to do now? Do we have any idea where these "shadows" are?
 Clefo
07-19-2002, 8:16 AM
I am not sure how, sir, but I can.. I had this dream, an old wise sage told me that I would be able to help you two, I asked him how I would, and he said "You will, trust me." So I must implore you: Can I tag along? You never know what will happen
 Redwing
07-19-2002, 3:19 PM
Swordsman: They are somewhere in this city, we hope. If not, we can't track them until they make another jump. We have a lock on their teleporting device.

Rwos: *to Deac* We shouldn't jump back to your universe until we're sure we won't be needed at a moment's notice. But I think we need some help here...*Rwos picks up his comlink and presses a series of buttons*
 Redwing
07-23-2002, 2:09 AM
*Rwos speaks into the comlink* You know those three street kids we rescued from the Shadows? I want them here. ASAP.

[comlink] You sure that's a good idea?

Rwos: No...but we have to do something with them. They might as well help us.

[comm] Sure, Rwos...but remember it's your head that'll roll if this doesn't work out. You're taking too many risks lately.

*click*

Rwos: How well I know...
 armadillopillow
07-24-2002, 10:04 PM
*Gehn looked at esli skeptically*

[ariel]: and old sage huh?.. well do you have a ship?.. that would sure help us.. were trying to get to tralus
 Clefo
07-24-2002, 10:19 PM
I do have one, its not much though.. I could barely afford it.. Its a YT-1300 Transport, stripped down for minimal weapons.. But it is a ship

*Esli shrugs*
 armadillopillow
07-24-2002, 11:11 PM
@esli: will it make it to Tralus?

*looks to Wacky for his take on the situation*
 Deac
07-25-2002, 2:43 PM
I knew I should have waited to write my autobiography....
 Wacky_Baccy
07-25-2002, 2:57 PM
((OOS: Sorry I've taken so long to reply - I didn't check as often as I'd meant to :())

*Tarin thinks for a moment*

I suppose it'll have to do... It would take at least a week to get mine replaced... I'd rather use something with more offensive capabilities, but if we keep our heads down it shouldn't be too much of a problem...

*He sighs*

All right, Esli, take us to your ship.
 Clefo
07-25-2002, 6:27 PM
Well if you people don't have blood enemies we should be fine. Follow me, its in a dock not too far from here, lots of wide open spaces to be ambushed, but we don't have to worry about that! *Leads them to the dock*
 Redwing
07-26-2002, 3:49 AM
*a transport arrives. Rwos exits the building to meet it.

Three children, around fifteen or sixteen, are inside the buslike transport along with several Swordsmen guards. Two boys and one girl, dressed in what were apparently street clothes. The girl looks quite defiant, despite her face being streaked with tear tracks. She is dark skinned and has spiky black hair, with black eyes. She is the shortest of the trio. The first boy has an unreadable expression on his face. He has bright green eyes, sandy blonde hair, and light skin. He and the other boy are both tall. The other boy looks quite unusual. He has crazy reddish-brown hair and reverse-colored eyes, and very pale skin, and looks somewhat weak. They all look as if they'd rather be somewhere else.

Rwos: *to Deac* These are kids we rescued from the Shadows a week ago. They don't seem to have any outside connections to speak of. We've had to keep them in custody...they have...what you might understand as "strange powers".

*Rwos enters the bus entrance and a force field closes behind him and Deac. Another opens in front of them, and Rwos speaks to the driver* Let me in there...I need to talk to the children. *motioning to the bus interior, enclosed in a force field*
 Death
07-26-2002, 4:04 AM
*Ved sighs and looks around at his new surroundings. He should be used to this by now; life changing from one moment to the next, but it never seems to get easier. He wishes his life could just be normal, boring, and predictable. But life has never been those three words for him. Life has always been a constant struggle ever since he can imagine. On the streets, nothing is ever easy and things are usually only simple cause you’re not understanding something. Which is why this probably appeared to be so simple. He met Cody and befriended him. Cody was stranger than he thought. They met this girl and she was strange. They got captured and taken away. What can be simpler than that? Oh, what Ved couldn’t give for something really nice and complicated, cause then he’d know what to do. He’d find some way out of it. Most of all, he wouldn’t feel so damn helpless. He hates feeling helpless, but most of all he hates feeling out of control*
 Redwing
07-26-2002, 4:40 AM
*The green-eyed boy stares at Rwos as he enters. The girl stares out the window.*

Rwos: Deac Starkiller, this is...

[girl]: Alexi.

Rwos: Alexi. And...

"Alexi": Alex. *indicating the green-eyed boy*

Rwos: *looking a little disbelieving* Alexi and Alex?

"Alexi": Yeah.

"Alex": Eh....Sure.

Rwos: *to the third boy* And...

[third boy]: The name's ...Dev.
 Deac
07-26-2002, 9:30 AM
Are these like the girl you were chasing?

*Deac kneels in front of Dev. Deac can tell he's been through a lot*

Hey kid...

*Deac opens his autobiography to the first chapter, showing a picture of Atredis, the planet where he grew up*

This is where I come from...where do you come from?
 Redwing
07-28-2002, 2:23 AM
*Rwos' comlink beeps*

Rwos: Yeah?

We need you here right away. They've almost escaped. We're in pursuit of their ship right now. We think we've got a lock on their ship, but only your teleporter is reliable to that degree. We need you to go in. Coordinates transmit...now.

Rwos: Sorry, Deac, but we've got to go. *to the group* We'll be back...

*The girl, "Alexi" vanishes in a blur. Deac seems to be hurled against the force field around the group by an invisible force. The field sends deadly current through his body and knocks the cyborg Jedi unconscious. In the same instant, Rwos slumps to the ground, unconscious. The girl appears and grabs his teleporter.*

Alexi: Come on! We're leaving.

Before her friends can protest, she grabs them, and presses the activate control on the teleporter. They disappear in a flash of blue light*
 Death
07-31-2002, 2:59 AM
*Ved is looking around, desperately trying to figure out what just happened. Geez, that was strange to say the very least. He hates that feeling! Stupid girl, she just had to go ahead and make a decision without asking them first. But then again...he would have just said whatever. Well...whatever!* No one asked me… *He notices that there are holding cells and he looks at them with an almost detached boredom, but then he snaps to attention* Who is that?!
 Redwing
07-31-2002, 3:43 AM
Chere (Alexi): I think these are the bastards who had us before those 'Swordsmen' "rescued" us. *she pulls on a pair of thin black gloves*

Cody (Alex): Really? How do you know?

Chere: I was in one of these cells. *she punches through the support of the cell with the person inside, and the force field goes off* Hey you. *slap* Wake up.

Cody: Umm...Chere...what on earth are we supposed to do now?
 armadillopillow
08-04-2002, 4:47 PM
*Ariel follows Esli towards a small hangar in the middle of a wide lot. Ariel looks back at Tarin who is being closely tailed by Artemis*

[Ariel]: whispers at Tarin: what kinda peice of junk ship would be kept in here?

*Ariel follows Esli through a low door into the dimly lit hangar interior.*
 Redwing
08-07-2002, 9:55 PM
Chere: Crash this bloody ship, that's what.

Marin: ...Where am I?
 Wacky_Baccy
08-08-2002, 9:58 PM
(((OOS: I'm not dead... Really I'm not :D ...Just tired :( ...I'll post a comprehensible reply asap :) )))
 Deac
08-11-2002, 3:15 PM
*Deac awakens, unsure what the hell is going on. This is indeed a strange universe*
Page: 3 of 4