Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Best Civ

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthMuffin
06-02-2002, 5:52 PM
With CC released almost everywhere, what is your favourite civ, and why?
 Roatigas
06-03-2002, 8:40 AM
Who voted Gungans I hear you ask... it was ME! BAHAHAHAHAHA!
Although I don't have CC yet, so that could change.
 TheMadDoofer
06-03-2002, 12:44 PM
The Gungans are cool, but the Republic can pump out troops like crazy once you get to Tech level 4.

:D

:fett:
 Kryllith
06-03-2002, 1:08 PM
Fambaa Shield Generators with Rep troops is quite nice... :)

Kryllith
 darthfergie
06-03-2002, 4:07 PM
Republic..."I made the Clone army in less than 12 seconds"
 ChewBECKa
06-03-2002, 4:47 PM
Republic...they are the best balanced civ. They have no glaring weaknesses.
Superfast clone production (which can be healed via medic, unlike the Confed or TF units) and the strongest Jedi units make for seriously tough infantry units.
Everything else is solid, maybe not the best but certainly not deficient.

Side note: WORST
Royal Naboo
 DarthMuffin
06-03-2002, 7:09 PM
Side note: WORST

I think TF are even worse:o
 simwiz2
06-04-2002, 11:26 PM
Best: Republic, easily. Then my next favorite is the Empire, because it is just so fun to storm bases with AT-AT's.

The worst is Trade Federation IMO. At least Naboo isn't too bad on water maps and they have good air, but in CC there is no point to playing them at all unless on a water map because if you want good air and jedi just play Republic.
 J-5
06-05-2002, 10:32 AM
I voted for the Republic.. but why? They pump out troopers like crazy, their mechs can hold their own, their air is up there with the best, their Jedi rule all others, they have the most unique technologies of all the civs, a holocron bonus, +6 prefabs instead of +5, the king of recon- the jedi starfighter, tons of food from the animal nursery, faster air cruisers, longest theme music! Man, the list can go on and on.

Why didn't I choose:

the Gungans: their air cost more now, look at their air cruiser (barf :eek: barf)

the Wookies: they were my favorite, but they loss efficient manufacturing, forest vision was shortened :(

the Empire: they got better, but I prefer the Republic

the Rebels: the Republic is good at everything they are good at

the Trade Feds: carbon restriction :mad:

the Naboo: good at Sea, air, and Jedi... what about the meat and potatoes (troops, mechs, heavies)

the Confeds: if only their beasts and mechs were better...
 DarthMaulUK
06-06-2002, 8:13 AM
The Republic are one of my fav Civs. I do like the Confederacy, as their structures look pretty cool but the Republic have Clone Troopers which ARE cool!!!

DMUK
 Fishflesh
06-06-2002, 11:27 AM
the best civ are probebly the republic but my favorit is the rebels
 Kryllith
06-06-2002, 1:55 PM
I like a variety of civs for various reasons so it's hard to pick a favorite. One of the things I really like that's new, though, is the regenerating gungan buildings. It's nice that after your turrets wipe out an attacking armour that they can heal themselves while the next army approaches...

Kryllith
 DarthMuffin
06-06-2002, 6:40 PM
With CC however, there are some civs that are a little bit useless...

Who wants to play rebels or naboo when you can play republic?
 Roatigas
06-06-2002, 8:11 PM
With all this praise of the republic I'll be itching to try them out when I get the darned game. Although I think I'll probably end up being the confederacy, on the mere fact that they look cool and I can make all those crazy critters, whether they are useful or not!
Currently I'm a gungan boy, and with the new regenerating buildings maybe I'll stick with them if they aren't too bad vs. the new civs/old civs with new upgrades.
TF not so good? that's good to hear. With all my friends using them it'll be nice for them to have to be a different civ for a change.
 WarteX
06-07-2002, 9:02 AM
I think Tf is pretty good the no shelter ability is great and the HDD r also great; they can destroy buildings pretty fast on thier own + the shields make em last abit longer.

I dont c carbon deduction as a big problem its always easy to get.
If there would have been nova or ore deduction, then that would b make em alot worse.

It's also good to c ppl who like the gungans, when gb wasnt released I thought no 1 would play as gungans.

thumbs up for roatigas ;)
 J-5
06-07-2002, 5:19 PM
I thought that when SWGB was coming out, everyone was raving over the Trade Feds. I see that their novelty wore off. To me, the carbon deduction is a big deal, because it contradicts what the TF is suppose to be good at- mechs, ships, and heavies. And the HDD has had its attack nerfed vs. buildings.

Now everyone loves the Republic, but with good reason- they rock :D !!
 J-5
06-07-2002, 5:34 PM
I thought that when SWGB was coming out, everyone was raving over the Trade Feds. I see that their novelty wore off. To me, the carbon deduction is a big deal, because it contradicts what the TF is suppose to be good at- mechs, ships, and heavies. And the HDD has had its attack nerfed vs. buildings.

Now everyone loves the Republic, but with good reason- they rock :D !!
 jedi3112
06-17-2002, 8:05 PM
Republic rulez
 Natopo
06-17-2002, 9:47 PM
Republic is the best by far. Their mechs get an advantage because they get the Hvy. Strike Mech so they can mass produce troops as well as mass destroy them. The Empire still has a good place in me, but I usually prefer the Republic, even though I like the Empire second best.
 Sithmaster_821
06-19-2002, 1:33 AM
I like the Rebels because their air is by far the best and their troopers are tons better than the Republics.

Also the Empire is very well rounded and they are the best.
 nelapsi
06-19-2002, 3:30 AM
GE all the way...

Reasons???

- AT-AT is the ubermech

- Walker Research now gives AT-ATs anti-air attack

- Cheap fighter cover is a serious boost to an mech strike force

- fairly well rounded

- cheaper fortresses for defense

Peace Out...
 darthpotty
06-23-2002, 1:35 PM
i like Republic because i always make huge clone armies and i love the line palptine makes in ATOC
" we shall make a grand army for the republic." and then you see the picture of the clones loading to transports it so cool.
The clones look cool as well. they have the full de-evoultion of a stroom trooper look.
 Crazy_dog no.3
06-23-2002, 4:50 PM
I am the poor sucker who voted Wookiees.
 Fishflesh
06-23-2002, 5:41 PM
if it says whats your favorit civ

and not whats the best civ
 DarthMuffin
06-23-2002, 11:39 PM
You're right but I'm not sure that DMUK will like to see ANOTHER poll on that!:D
 Fishflesh
06-24-2002, 2:57 AM
no i treid it but he closed it:(
Page: 1 of 1