Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Count Dooku model (with cape ;) )

Page: 5 of 5
 Archmv03
06-18-2002, 11:41 PM
RELEASE HIM!
 Uber Sith
06-18-2002, 11:48 PM
The skin looks great.....But.. Please get rid of the man boobs hahahahaha..... i know there tradmark old people but not dooku hahahahaha

Looks amazing though cant wait for it :D :D :D :D :D :D
 Headcharge
06-19-2002, 12:19 AM
Great job, it looks great. I love Count Dooku / Darth Tyranus, so much. I love his saber stance as well, right when I saw Episode II I knew he was influenced by a fencing style of sabering. Incredibly effective, very smart and strong one he is.

:deathstar
 Garik Loran
06-19-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Archmv03
RELEASE HIM!
We will, when it's finished!
 Sithcloak
06-19-2002, 3:08 AM
Can you give us a estimated amount of time before release?

Its looks great.

Sithcloak
 Rory_Vetack
06-19-2002, 4:13 AM
Congratulations Garik Loran and Luuke, So far your model is TIED for 1st place in my "Most Wanted Models" poll, who are you tied with? Kinja's Yoda!!!
 Rory_Vetack
06-19-2002, 4:17 AM
Want to turn the tables on my POLL? then all who want Dooku come VOTE!!!!
 KMan
06-19-2002, 5:07 AM
 adillon
06-19-2002, 5:11 AM
kman, it's *BLEEP* eerie how much that looks like christopher lee, and you're NOT even pasting an actual picture of him on there ... incredible. keep up the great work!
 Headcharge
06-19-2002, 5:11 AM
Good job Kman, that looks amazing, I can't wait to play as Dooku, with his wonderful saber hilt :).
 morphius_doh
06-19-2002, 5:13 AM
Will the cape be modeled seperately, so that it's no flush to his back? If so, have you animated it?
 Rory_Vetack
06-19-2002, 5:13 AM
UPDATE- Come on, Dooku has been beaten in the poll, he now is in second with 5, while Yoda leads with 7!!!!

VOTE and avenge this loss!
 Garik Loran
06-19-2002, 5:37 AM
Originally posted by morphius_doh
Will the cape be modeled seperately, so that it's no flush to his back? If so, have you animated it?
I don't know what's possible yet. The skeleton is not attached to the model yet, so right now it has no animations.
We'll see, and until all this is clear I cannot promise anything about the release. Just be patient!
 Luuke
06-19-2002, 5:37 AM
The skin is awesome, the details look so ****** great, the boots are perfect, the chain is fantastic, the face looks outstanding...
i could go on for hours!!!!
I'm really very happy that KMan and Grafox are doing so well on the skins, i couldn't think of a better skinner duo! thank you guys!
 ben111
06-19-2002, 6:23 AM
hey i dunno if its too late for this, but i think count dooku had more of a gut in the movie, the model looks a bit too slim.

otherwise it looks great!
 CheshireKat
06-19-2002, 6:27 AM
Damn Kman!

Beautiful Skin! Cant wait for this one.
 alaris
06-19-2002, 7:07 AM
kman@polycount---you ever written any skinning tutorials? If so, I would love to follow your footsteps. ryanhutchings@excite.com The detail is fantastic. How did you make those boots look shiny?

Thanks man.
 dreddsnott
06-19-2002, 7:56 AM
Spectacular effort, great-looking so far...

But I second ben111 on the model's proportions...plus Dooku's got himself some nasty-looking hands. :-)

I'm only saying this because I love you very much and I could give you all a big kiss!
 Uber Sith
06-19-2002, 11:51 AM
OH MY GOD THAT LOOKS GREAT.....

and with only back of hair and some small adjustments to go id say itll be ready for release in a matter of hours.. hehehehe

LOOKS AMAZING... CANT WAIT TO TAKE SOME NAMES WITH THIS MODEL
 Luuke
06-19-2002, 4:24 PM
Originally posted by dreddsnott
Spectacular effort, great-looking so far...

But I second ben111 on the model's proportions...plus Dooku's got himself some nasty-looking hands. :-)

I'm only saying this because I love you very much and I could give you all a big kiss!

one or two pages before, Grafox posted a 3d Viewer where you can have a look at this model from all angles. if you look from the side, you will see that dooku isn't Mister Universum.
and the hands look strange, because KMan has not finished the hand-skin yet.
 Grafox
06-19-2002, 5:05 PM
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/dooku.html)

Just so he doesn't have to search.
 Arco
06-19-2002, 5:22 PM
very nice skin there kman. I think it still needs some work on the cloth tho. At the moment it doesn't seem like real cloth. I would make the highlights less sharp to give it a smoother feel and also please tone down his chest... I am sure he wasn't that big in the chest area. I really like how the face has come along though.... EVIL! great stuff dude!

Arco
 SirYawnalot
06-19-2002, 5:52 PM
It's gonna take longer than a few hours... the model hasn't got any animations yet remember?
 Grafox
06-19-2002, 9:49 PM
Anyways, Luuke, got any idea on what the next project is gonna be? If you need a skinner, I am available. I enjoyed working with you guys.
 Luuke
06-19-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Grafox
Anyways, Luuke, got any idea on what the next project is gonna be? If you need a skinner, I am available. I enjoyed working with you guys.

well, i can only give back tho compliments. it was a pleasure to work with you, too. well, at first we will of course try to finish this model... then we will see.
i would like to do Han Solo, as nobody else has done him yet, or the young emperor seen in the "dark Empire" comic books. but maybe it will be someone completely different. but that's still in a far future as my priority now is to finish dooku.
 JangoFett41
06-19-2002, 11:43 PM
Dooku is definately not as big of a bad ass as Maul was but he is cool nonetheless. Can't wait till he comes out. Keep up the good work.
 Tap[RR]
06-20-2002, 7:21 AM
Pft, maul is weak compared to dooku. No way maul could stand ground against yoda like dooku did, even though dooku got beat pretty bad by yoda, he was able to hold ground against the lightning struggle. So anyways, great job guys, heh, maybe a kit fisto model next? Who knows! ;)
 KMan
06-20-2002, 9:03 AM
Alaris- I put a shader on the boots. It is a very toned down env map. There is also a bit of this on the belt area, but in considerable less quantity.

Yes, the hands are pretty bad, I haven't done much on them till that point. Only put in the basic parts (knuckles, tendons, nails, creases and then the tones. Still have to hage those as well.

And about the chest area, I've been fighting with it deciding on how I want it. Still haven't decided yet.
 Luuke
06-20-2002, 6:36 PM
take your time. i'd rather prefer a good skin than a fast-finished skin.
as for the chest. a little less muscles, but it wasn't really bad!
and could you put lesser creases on the stomach, then he would look a little "fatter" because his cloth arent too large any more.
still, fantastic work!!!!!!!
 Eklin
06-21-2002, 12:44 AM
Personally, I think his face is just a tad bit too shiny. And his bottom lip needs to stick out more. It looks like he has an overbite right now.
Otherwise, this is one of the best models I've ever seen.
 artik88
06-21-2002, 3:06 AM
this Count Dooku model is very sweet!!!!!! BUT shouldn't Dooku's cape be a lighter brown? cause in my pics of Dooku his cape is brown.

:saberr:
 Luuke
06-21-2002, 3:19 AM
nope! like all those sith dooku is wearing all black clothes, well except the red/brown interior of his cape and the belt
 alaris
06-21-2002, 6:23 AM
Kman---thanks for your reply. I will have to try that shaders effect. I think I saw a tutorial on it. Chest and hands look great already. I still can't figure out how you got the beard and hair to look so good. I am a beginner modeler, but I have innate artistic talent. I enjoy drawing caricatures of people, so 3d modeling real people has great appeal to me. Dream job would be to be a 3d modeler for some game company but that fantasy stretches thin with the likes of you in competition.

I'm working on a model right now that looks pretty good for a first model. Where did you learn to skin like that? Do you use any special tools like that pen and pad thingy? Your website looks good btw. check mine out (still needs optimized and doesn't have my model on it--yet)--

http://users.cableaz.com/~ryan_hutchings)
 Darth_Tyranus
06-21-2002, 10:27 AM
*waves hand*
You want to release this model.
You want to release this model now.

- Darth Tyranus [SITH]
 KMan
06-21-2002, 1:16 PM
The 'shine' or overall brightness in the pics is because I turned the ambient lighting up to about 50%. That and the lights I have on are washing out some of the picture. I'll try to fix this. I'll maybe even post a pic of the flat.

Alaris- Yeah, I use a tablet. I would recommend you get one. You have some good line work and that will make a world of difference. Although you need to work on your colors. Try taking some of those inked pics and use Paintshop Pro or whatever you use and try getting some cg work done on those. Although I would highly recommend getting Photoshop. It is just better than PSP. I should know. I've used that to do skins since v3 or 4.
 remark 666
06-21-2002, 1:24 PM
very cool skin kman :)
 nomad
06-21-2002, 2:09 PM
masterofmayhem,
there is a Very nice looking emperor being made by Toonces. There's a thread on these boards for it. It's coming along, and hopefully will be out not far apart from this Dooku.

Can't wait for this one! Looking real good.
Good luck getting it in game.

Let's see, The Emperor, Darth Maul, Lord Tyranus, Darth Vader
vs.
Luke... wow, we need some Jedi to adjust the balance.
Of course there are some jedi WIP just as Dooku and The Emperor. So I guess it may be balanced by then. Right now, lots of jedi skins but few models.

-nomad

MTFBWY
 nucular_jedi_14
06-21-2002, 2:26 PM
Can't wait to get my hands on it!
LOL
 Luuke
06-22-2002, 8:31 PM
so, nothing new about dooku to report.

i have been busy lately, so there are no updates at the moment.

so, this more or less just an ordinary bump.

edit: alot of "so" in the post, so please don't post about my bad english.
 SithBrakiss
06-22-2002, 8:44 PM
Originally posted by nomad
masterofmayhem,
there is a Very nice looking emperor being made by Toonces. There's a thread on these boards for it. It's coming along, and hopefully will be out not far apart from this Dooku.

Can't wait for this one! Looking real good.
Good luck getting it in game.

Let's see, The Emperor, Darth Maul, Lord Tyranus, Darth Vader
vs.
Luke... wow, we need some Jedi to adjust the balance.
Of course there are some jedi WIP just as Dooku and The Emperor. So I guess it may be balanced by then. Right now, lots of jedi skins but few models.

-nomad

MTFBWY

NOOOOOOO!
Sidious Vs. Yoda,Obi Wan vs. Tyranus,Maul vs. Qui Gonn,and Vader vs. Luke!
 PnutJedi
06-22-2002, 9:37 PM
Oh the giant sith wars we will have on the zone :)..*sigH*
 KOP_+GOD'sLion+
06-22-2002, 9:54 PM
Good work, if you are looking for a good dooku saber hilt go to
http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=587)

:wookiee:
 Grafox
06-23-2002, 5:18 PM
bump :D
 El_graco
06-23-2002, 5:29 PM
VERY COOL MODEL

DARTH TYRANUS IS COOL AND SO IS HIS SABER : lol

TAKE YOUR TIME AND GET IT PERFECT AS IT IS VERY COOL
 Pedantic
06-24-2002, 4:46 PM
Looks better, but it seems to me that the part of his face under his nose should be lengthed a little...if you know what I mean.
 KMan
06-25-2002, 6:19 AM
Ok, I'm to the point where I don't think there is much else to add/change to the skin. Also adjusted the model's cape.

http://www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/dooku7.jpg)
 masterofmayhem
06-25-2002, 7:05 AM
That looks SWEET-ASS!

Can't wait to use him!
 adillon
06-25-2002, 7:24 AM
kman, the skin is looking incredible. glad to hear you don't think there's much else to add or change. it might just be me, or maybe the image is really dark, but is his cape brown on both sides? as far as i can tell it looks like only the inner lining is brown.

i don't know if this can really help you at this point, but go to the lucasarts 20th annniversary page that features some really cool 3d models from various lucasarts games - www.lucasarts.com/20th/3dgallery/). dooku is there, and you can spin him around (whee!) and zoom in on him (not so close!). maybe it can show you some things you may have missed, although from the looks of your *BLEEP* incredible skin, i doubt it.

great work! ROCK ON!
 KMan
06-25-2002, 7:39 AM
Yeah, thats where I changed the colors from. I thought that his upper clothing was a bit earthy, couldn't tell from all the pictures. But I did turn the saturation on the cape lining down a bit. I'll adjust it so it is less similar.
 Darth Odisse
06-25-2002, 7:49 AM
Page: 5 of 5