Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Aayla Secura!!!

Page: 11 of 19
 Hannibal
11-28-2002, 9:55 PM
500th post in this thread!!!

Wooohooo!!! Congrats guys!!!!

Keep it up!!!
 AgentSmith
12-04-2002, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the new startupscreen leXX, really awesome! :)
 AgentSmith
12-04-2002, 11:18 AM
I just got back from the Mid-Ohio Con and it was absolutely awesome! I got to meet up with Amy Allen and Jan Duursema (who pencils Aayla in the comics) and hang out with them for both days of the con! :D
It was the best weekend and experience ever! :)
 Keiran Halcyon
12-04-2002, 1:48 PM
I'm sure you know every frame of movie where Aayla Secura appears, but just is case:

When Kit Fisto in in The Battle of Geonosis leading a group of CLonetroopers, in that scene Aayla Secura is behind him a few metters away. In the Left of the Screen. :)
 AgentSmith
12-04-2002, 4:12 PM
Yeah that's an awesome scene. It actually seems she almost hops over something. (Maybe arock or a clonetrooper body?)

It was great to hear Amy talk about her experience as Aayla and the filming. She also revealed that most of her action sequences were sped up for a better effect. (As with many of the other actors.) :)
 AgentSmith
12-04-2002, 4:15 PM
The Aayla Secura action figure has finally been revealed! :D

The action figure's facial traits really resemble those of Amy Allen as Aayla to a certain degree. Though the lekku seems to have the tattoo instead of the spots.
(The arm articulation seems a bit rough though and a Force lightning effect seems misplaced.)

But it is just awesome! :D :) What a great figure! I really want to get several right now! :D

http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews/imgs/Aayla-Secura_lg.jpg)
 AgentSmith
12-05-2002, 1:55 PM
This interesting columbusalive.com article (http://www.columbusalive.com/2002/20021128/112802/11280223.html), released for the Mid-Ohio Con features Amy Allen (who portrayed Aayla Secura in Episode II) and Jan Duursema (who created the character and pencils Aayla in the Dark Horse Star Wars comics). columbusalive.com article (http://www.columbusalive.com/2002/20021128/112802/11280223.html)

Head over and read it, it's an awesome article! :)
 AgentSmith
12-07-2002, 4:27 PM
Looks like everyone's favorite blue Twi'lek Jedi gets the worldwide exposure she deserves. ;)

Aayla Secura (as portrayed by Amy Allen) features on the cover of the Spanish Star Wars Magazine Issue #10 as seen below:

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2002/12/img/swmag10_bg.jpg)

You can see the featurette on the Spanish Star Wars Magazine Issue #10 here (http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2002/12/news20021206.html) at starwars.com.
 Master Bodle
12-07-2002, 6:46 PM
I reckon that action figure needs a lot more work, the arms just look so wrong !!
 leXX
12-08-2002, 6:35 PM
I have to agree, that action figure looks pretty shabby! The hilt is wrong etc etc... and what's with the lightning?? :eyeraise: I think they could of done a much better job of it than that!
 AgentSmith
12-09-2002, 7:51 AM
The effect that looks like Force Lightning is actually supposed to be a Force push effect. (Though it does indeed more look like Force lightning.) I believe the Nikto Jedi and Mace Windu action figures have similar Force effects that look rather corny. :(

As for the saber hilt, it does indeed not look like the one Aayla uses in Episode II, the reason being that it looks more like the one Aayla uses in the comics.
(Because actually since Aayla was added so late to Episode II they didn't have time to make her own saber hilt, so for sequences and scenes where the lightsaber hung on her belt they actually used Ki-Adi Mundi's prop. For combat scenes they used an altered Adi Gallia style lightsaber.)

Notice that instead of the clear spots on her lekku like in Episode II and 'Rite of Passage' she also has the 'older' tattoo like in 'Twilight' and 'Darkness'. :)

I agree on the arms, they look a bit crummy, but if you compare it to the Barriss Offee figure, you see why. Because there (as with other Jedi) they get to 'disguise' the joint into the Jedi tunic or cloak, with Aayla that's almost impossible so the joint will be exposed, hence. I gather since it's a 3 3/4" figure that Hasbro made the choice between looks/realism and playability, in favor of playability.

I think I might try and customize one to add realism. :) Who knows they might make a 12" or Unleashed Aayla figure sometime! :)
 Pad
12-09-2002, 9:01 AM
i just saw epII again but now on a big screen and guess what i saw?
at the scene where obi goes to yoda to ask for advice on his missing planet aayla comes down the stairs ;)
 AgentSmith
12-10-2002, 5:57 AM
Yeah, awesome isn't it Padanime? :) Very nice indeed. :D

Keep your eyes peeled during that scene because afterwards you see Aayla talking to a Bith Jedi and then walking away (very briefly, to the right of the screen behind Obi-Wan). And that scene is awesome too ... I hate to see her leave but I love to watch her go if you know what I mean? ;) :D
 AgentSmith
12-14-2002, 9:22 AM
Hey everyone, Randy Stradley, editor for Dark Horse has a query thread on Dark Horse's Star Wars message boards asking people/readers which Star Wars characters you'd like to see in upcoming issues of 'Republic'. :)
(Maximum of 6 names with the mention if they're on-screen characters, like Aayla Secura or EU characters like Quinlan Vos.)

So head on over there by clicking here (http://www.darkhorse.com/community/boards/topic.tpl?_messageID=308334745413978) and give your input! If we all go and put Aayla on the top of our lists they're bound to listen and notice her popularity!!! :D
 AgentSmith
12-14-2002, 9:27 AM
'Star Wars Republic' Issue #49 "Sacrifice" by John Ostrander and Jan Duursema, featuring Aayla, is slated to be released on January 22, 2003.

'Star Wars Republic' Issue #50 "Battle of Kamino" with the story "Brothers in Arms" by John Ostrander and Jan Duursema, which may feature Aayla, is slated to be released on January 29, 2003.

(But I suspect those dates will be pushed back still since they have several issues of Republic scheduled in January.)
 AgentSmith
12-15-2002, 5:53 AM
For those of you who are interested, the Aayla Secura -Unofficial- Fansite (http://www.temoto.co.uk/aayla) has had several cool updates, new fan artworks, a faster and enhanced image section. So head on over there to check it out! :)

Also great is the latest Amy&fans image sections containing photographs from conventions featuring fans with Amy Allen & Jan Duursema (who pencils Aayla in the comics).

Here's Wil 'Kampilan' with Amy at the San Diego Comic con:

http://www.temoto.co.uk/aayla/pics/fan2.jpg)

Here's Jan Duursema, Amy Allen and myself at the Mid-Ohio Con: (Me being the one in the middle he! :p )

http://www.temoto.co.uk/aayla/pics/fan3.jpg)
 leXX
12-15-2002, 7:19 AM
WOW!! :eek:

That's a cool pic Agent Smith and we finally get to see what you look like! :p You must be well chuffed. Nice T-Shirt too hehe.
 Pad
12-15-2002, 1:03 PM
holy crap,

a pic of agent smith and aayla. lucky u. ;)
i hope there will be another convention soon :p so i can let my pic be taken with amy
 Hannibal
12-19-2002, 3:58 PM
Ok somebody said the Britney Spears thing a while back and we jumped all over him. But with that hat I'm starting to see it.
 Taos
12-20-2002, 6:35 PM
Now that I've seen the movie a few more times...I think I have now seen all of the different sceens with Aayla in them. :D

Well, still not sure about the club/bar sceen where she walks behind Anakin I think it is.........

:)
 leXX
12-24-2002, 3:18 PM
I've finally made an Aayla wallpaper, check it out and tell me what you think! Suggestions to improve it, comments? ;)

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/1064449)
 Pad
12-24-2002, 4:15 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
Well, still not sure about the club/bar sceen where she walks behind Anakin I think it is.........

:)

yea, im also having trouble finding her in that scene?

u sure she is in it?
 AgentSmith
12-30-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by leXX
That's a cool pic Agent Smith and we finally get to see what you look like! You must be well chuffed. Nice T-Shirt too hehe.

leXX, thanks, euh, what's 'well chuffed' mean? :p :confused:

The T-shirt is one I had custom made since there are no official Aayla Secura Star Wars shirts, it turned out pretty good I gather since both Amy Allen and Jan Duursema liked it. :)

Padanime, I hope you can make it out to a convention where Amy attends then and that you get to meet her. She's really a very nice person. :)

Hannibal? :confused: Do you need glasses buddy? :p
 AgentSmith
12-30-2002, 12:23 AM
Leemu Taos, Padanime, you can see Amy Allen in the Episode II 'Outlander' nightclub scene without the Aayla Secura make-up.

She walks by (talking to someone else) behind Obi-Wan Kenobi in the 'Outlander' nightclub scene where Obi-Wan looks at Anakin and says "In that case be extra carefull." You can see Amy walking by diagonally behind Obi-Wan wearing a red&black outfit, a large black headpiece and with very long blond braids.

I asked Amy and she has confirmed that is indeed her in that scene. You might have to play it in slowmotion, that's how I was able to spot her after we read about it on the DVD-Rom commentary. :)

(I can try and get some screenshots but it might be tricky.)

leXX, that's an absolutely awesome Aayla Secura wallpaper! (Also like your Aayla icon btw. ;) ) Really very good, I like it! :D
Would you mind if I post your link and advertise your wallpaper on other forums with Aayla fanthreads? It really is good, nice coloring, enough room for icons/shortcuts and high-res too. :)
 Hannibal
12-30-2002, 3:36 AM
Originally posted by AgentSmith

Hannibal? :confused: Do you need glasses buddy? :p

:D Possibly. That just looks like a Britney hat. She looks like Britney when she covers her face and all you can see is blonde hair and hat.
 AgentSmith
12-30-2002, 6:50 AM
Originally posted by Hannibal
Possibly. That just looks like a Britney hat. She looks like Britney when she covers her face and all you can see is blonde hair and hat.

Eeuh, yeah sure. :rolleyes: *Makes 'he's nuts' gesture.* :p

Say Hannibal, that kind of means that all blonde females wearing such a hat (who then cover up their face) would look like Britney Spears. :p Heck, I with a blonde wig, that hat and my face covered would look like Britney Spears then! :lol:

(J/k man .. but still, Britney? *shudders* :p )
 Hannibal
12-30-2002, 9:54 AM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
Say Hannibal, that kind of means that all blonde females wearing such a hat (who then cover up their face) would look like Britney Spears. :p

Only the hot ones with nice bods.:D

Heck, I with a blonde wig, that hat and my face covered would look like Britney Spears then! :lol:

:eek: I'm not feeling to well.
 AgentSmith
01-03-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Hannibal
Only the hot ones with nice bods.

Possibly, but still ... I talked to Ms. Allen, she's actually a nice person and seemingly quite bright and intelligent. So all possible comparison with Britney Spears can no longer hold true then. :p :cool:

I'm not feeling to well.

Need an ambulance? :p

But I guess a bad analogy would be saying that me with my head shaved, covering up my face (or any other caucasian male with bald head) would look exactly like Vin Diesel. -I wish! :p -
 AgentSmith
01-03-2003, 12:22 AM
A petition has been subjected on petitionpetition.com by several Aayla Secura fans addressed to Lucasfilm, requesting that Aayla Secura appear in Episode III.

So we're looking to have as many people as possible to the petition, so if you wouldn't mind please do sign it! :)

You can sign the petition here: http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/petition.cgi?id=4964) (http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/petition.cgi?id=4964).

This is the text of the petition:

" Dear Lucasfilm,

We, the undersigned, as appreciative fans of Star Wars and even more so of its character the blue Twilek Jedi Aayla Secura, kindly request that Aayla Secura appear again in Episode III, the next Star Wars movie.
If possible, we would like her to be visible in more scenes than in Episode II and have speaking lines. As fans we would not like to see this great characters death on screen.
In addition to Aayla Secura reappearing we politely ask that Ms. Amy Allen, who portrayed Aayla Secura in Episode II, reprised the role - instead of another actress or a computer generated version-.

Over the past months the already popular character of Aayla Secura has gained an ever increasing number of dedicated and avid fans, the character's popularity is still rising. There are many websites, webpages and forum threads dedicated to Aayla Secura. An official Hasbro Star Wars Action Figure of this character is even being produced.

Those involved with the creation of Aayla Secura have expressed
interest in seeing Aayla Secura return in Episode III.

In conclusion, we appreciative fans of Aayla Secura, feel that this
character has become increasingly popular and as such request that she reappears in Episode III.

Yours sincerely, "

So please go to the site and sign the petition if you want to see
more of Aayla Secura! Thank you! :D :)
 Hannibal
01-03-2003, 5:10 AM
I might put aside my loathing for online petitions and sign it.:)
 Pad
01-03-2003, 11:33 AM
*signs petition*
 Ratmjedi
01-03-2003, 9:14 PM
Well I would sigh the petition man but it says that it doesn't exist anymore.:confused:

Do you think that you might of gotten the address wrong?

:duel: :lsduel:
 AgentSmith
01-04-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Ratmjedi
Well I would sigh the petition man but it says that it doesn't exist anymore.
Do you think that you might of gotten the address wrong?

That's odd indeed. I clicked the link in my post and the page loaded just fine with the correct petition. Really odd.

Maybe you can try again? :confused:

Just in case, this is the address as it works for me: http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/petition.cgi?id=4964)
 AgentSmith
01-04-2003, 12:58 AM
Thanks to all of you who have already signed! I appreciate it! :)
 AgentSmith
01-04-2003, 1:10 AM
Some sad news...

Kebco toys reported that the new Star Wars toy cases for the 2003 figures will be featuring a couple of shortpacks. (Meaning figures that will at their release be available only in a limited number, with less available than other figures of the same release period.)

In one of the 2 pre-order cases that Kebco toys will offer for Star Wars Collection 2 there will only be one Aayla Secura figure. (But multiple of other figures, though Barriss Offee and Lama Su will also be shortpacked.)
The Aayla Secura is highly anticipated and sought after by fans, but now there is a real risk that since the figure will be in high demand and short supply not everyone will be able to purchase one right away.
(Which will attract many hoarders, scalpers, and speculators buying the figures and selling them on eBay or through other means at high prices. Hence taking adavantage of the fans.)

(Thanks to Bucman55 from theforce.net forums for the heads up on this one.)
 ET Warrior
01-04-2003, 9:48 AM
Wow this thread has a LOT of posts......and to think my Plo Koon thread died out after only like 3 days.....how sad for me.....
 Hannibal
01-04-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Wow this thread has a LOT of posts......and to think my Plo Koon thread died out after only like 3 days.....how sad for me.....

Well if Plo Koon was a little bit sexier. ;)

*signed petition*
 ET Warrior
01-04-2003, 1:10 PM
I also signed..

What do you mean sexier? How do you know that Plo Koon isn't the sexiest Kel Dor alive? Hm? YOU DONT KNOW!! HAHA!!!!.......
 AgentSmith
01-05-2003, 6:48 AM
Thanks for signing guys! :)

Well, I don't know but when looking at Twi'lek females they are always colorful, sensual, shapely yet slender and sometimes if not often enticingly dressed. :D
Kel Dor wear breathing gear and ... are generally wrinkly faced? :eek:

(Just teasing. ;) )
 Ratmjedi
01-05-2003, 4:08 PM
The link that you gave me worked man. ;)

20 people? :confused: WTF?

I think that you should post this at the Swamp so that you can get some more signatures man. Hopefully it won't get filled with spam but it's worth a shot.

:lsduel: :duel:
 AgentSmith
01-06-2003, 5:11 AM
Thanks for the tip RatmJedi, I'll keep that in mind and post it there. :)

Any particular thread or should I start a new thread for it there you think? :confused:
 AgentSmith
01-06-2003, 5:19 AM
I was able to read the story "Tides of Terror" in 'Star Wars Tales' issue #14.
It features Aayla Secura and Kit Fisto as Jedi generals on Kamino, where they investigate a mysterious nano-virus that is killing the Clonetroopers.

The artwork was nice and enjoyable, Aayla and Kit were well done and a bit flashy. (Though it doesn't come near to Jan Duursema's awesome artwork.)
I do have some reservations in how the characters, Jedi and the Kaminoans were portrayed. That was the weakness of the story in my opinion, the art was good, the story as well but the characters weren't rendered very well or true.

Kit Fisto was portrayed as a macho man, Aayla as being a panicky and dependent airhead. (Aayla has never been portrayed as panicky. At least not for something as 'little' as what she faces in "Tides of Terror" compared to the events in "Rite of Passage" and the Arena battle on Geonosis.)
The Kaminoans too were portrayed as being a bit of a vain, stuck-up and panicky race, they didn't seem like the Kaminoans from Episode II.

But that's nitpicking really, it was an enjoyable tale, nice artwork and it makes me all the more anxious to see 'Star Wars Republic' issues #49 & #50! :)
 leXX
01-08-2003, 6:40 AM
Wow, I leave this place for a few days and all this happens, usually this thread is dead! lol

I signed the petition, only 23 sigs so far! :( I think some more advertising is needed.
 AgentSmith
01-08-2003, 7:45 AM
I think so too. I'm going to post it at the Swamp and Echo Base (permitting off course if that's ok). :)

And hey, we're in a spiffy new SW forum! :D This thread may get quiet for a few days but it seems to be the only character related thread that has made the transition alive! :p ;)
 AgentSmith
01-16-2003, 4:14 AM
Star Wars Insider issue #65 was just released and sent to all subscribers.

What's interesting however is that the next Star Wars Insider issue, #66 will have a full page Aayla Secura illustration done by Jan Duursema and an Aayla story written by Mike Stackpole. :)

Sounds awesome!
 Hannibal
01-16-2003, 4:11 PM
Smith you always have the coolest Aayla avatars.
 AgentSmith
01-17-2003, 5:48 AM
Thanks man! :)

It's from an original artwork made by Jan Duursema that she sent me a scan of. I used it on the back of my custom Aayla fanshirt, it's a beautiful artwork. :)
 AgentSmith
01-17-2003, 5:52 AM
"Star Wars Republic #49: Sacrifice" is scheduled to be released on January 22 (next week) and will feature Aayla Secura in it. :)

The final cover image has been posted at Dark Horse: http://209.95.35.130/covers/11/11695.jpg)

I love the added question on the cover, "Will the Clone Wars change everything?". I think they will, in an epic fashion, even more then what we already know from the OT.

This is the short content:
"With the Battle of Geonosis, the galaxy is officially plunged into war. As the Jedi Council struggles with their new role as leaders of the Republic's clone army, other Jedi operatives have taken on the job of intelligence gathering. On a vast space station known as "The Wheel," Jedi knight Aayla Secura is searching for a notorious gun-runner who can help her intercept the Separatist's latest secret plans. But spying is a dirty business, and operatives are often more expendable than the information they possess. Is this what being a Jedi has come to?"
 Taos
01-17-2003, 4:07 PM
Thanks for the good info once again Agent Smith........this thread just keeps going and going......:)
 AgentSmith
01-18-2003, 12:42 PM
Thanks man, I do my best. :)

Funny interlude ... or not so funny depends ...

On theforce.net Jedi Council forums someone again posted a thread asking "Who do you think is hotter, Padme or Aayla?" (http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10206789&page=1).
The responses are something ... most people vote for Aayla, but most that do vote see both Aayla and Padme as 'hot pieces of meat'. That's rather disrespectful isn't it? Towards Nathalie Portman and Amy Allen as well, who portray the characters. Oh well ... :rolleyes:
Page: 11 of 19