Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Aayla Secura!!!

Page: 10 of 19
 AgentSmith
10-31-2002, 10:58 AM
Poor Jeri Ryan, that must really suck. :(

I wouldn't ever do anything remotely like that to Amy Allen -or anyone else- though. (I admire her for her performance and would be ecstatic if she ever did become a friend, but I am totally not into her 'that' way, you know? :) )

Actually before I got to her booth at the signing area during the "Collectors Rendez-Vous" con, before the signing session started she walked around the general con area and at one point stood almost right behind me. I didn't approach her then, neither did anybody else because it just wouldn't have been propper you know? (She's a regular person too that deserves space and privacy and the time to walk around in peace.) :)
 Hannibal
10-31-2002, 2:55 PM
I wouldn't wish the kind of attention she's getting on any female.
There's some sick people out there. Would you want guys staring at your girlfriend the way the weird guy in the picture was?
I'd have armed security.
 AgentSmith
10-31-2002, 3:05 PM
Well I think Amy is indeed popular but I still do think it's within 'reasonable' limits.

At the "Collectors Rendez-Vous" con there were a few guys gawking at her when she crossed the hall a second time and I clearly saw she didn't much care for that. :(
Some males still do think and see women as objects to gawk at and grope. Which is very sad... :( Respecting them as individual people and looking at them in a non-sexually denigrating fashion isn't that hard you know! (Well it's not hard for me, and I'm heterosexual.)
I mean I can look at Amy and say 'She's a good looking lady.', but that in no way means I'd look at her as some object or ornament, or look at her in a sexual fashion. I wouldn't do that.

They guy accompanying Amy did seem to have a bodyguard function too. :p (Friendly guy though. :) )

But be weary by how people do look Hannibal. Mostly it is said about me I look very serious and stern, and often stare, but this is just because I'm almost as blind as a bat! :p
Biggest phsycho's and criminals I know wear suits and look like the friendliest people on earth. :p (Surprisingly they're lawyers! :lol: )
 Dragonlancer
11-05-2002, 9:47 PM
ok, let's get the thread off amy and on aayla. lol, just a thought.
 Taos
11-06-2002, 12:44 AM
O.o

Originally posted by Dragonlancer
ok, let's get the thread off amy and on aayla. lol, just a thought.

I'm not sure if you noticed.....but the title of this thread says AAYLA SECURA!!

man, I hope you're kidding....
 Ratmjedi
11-06-2002, 1:49 AM
And Amy is Aayla if you didn't know.

I think that Amy is a good person and I don't see her as a object kind of way. Personally I like Natalie more but I still don't see her as a sex object. She is very good looking but just cause of that I am not going to think of her as a piece of meat or a nice piece of meat.

I think that if you are going to think of someone like that you must do it to someone that you know or that you care about. I also don't mean to say that you should only see people that you care about or know as sex object's. You should just see them as more better than any Hollywood person. They are people that you obviously care about so you should be intimate with them then with a complete stranger who looks good. I hope you guys understand what I am trying to say. :)
:lsduel: :duel:
 Taos
11-06-2002, 3:03 AM
I see what you are saying man..........

*hangs head*

I'm sure that Amy is everything that Agent Smith has been saying about her......

I'm guilty, I'm not perfect-far from it........*shrugs*

Ok, back to normal now......

:D

:naughty:
 AgentSmith
11-06-2002, 9:49 AM
It's true that Amy 'is' Aayla. :) (Though not to an obsessive extent, it's just she is the perfect personification of this fictional character.)

She is really a great person with a wonderful personality and always very kind to her fans. (Even when very busy and pressed with time.) :)
I'm very glad I had the chance to meet her! (Actually got an e-mail from her today, which is really awesome! :) ) It was a memorable experience.
 Pad
11-06-2002, 11:49 AM
u lucky bastard? im 1 of the fortunate ppl who doesnt live in the us. btw, i was sarcasticly. :p

i would sure like to meet her if i had the chance but i think thats never gonne happen :(
 Dragonlancer
11-06-2002, 7:02 PM
No duh. Of course amy is aayla, I've been on this thread a heck of a lot longer then most of you guys, so just keep your mouths shut. Amy "PORTRAYS" aayla, she is not aayla. All I'm saying is, for those of you that want to obsess over amy allen, open an amy allen thread. This thread is for obsessing over aayla :)

Btw, no offense agentsmith, I'm sure it was an awsome experience to meet her in person :)
 AgentSmith
11-07-2002, 10:36 AM
Padanime, you can check if someday she will attend a con near where you live.
That's why I was able to meet her, because by luck she attended a con near to where I live. :)

Dragonlancer, keep it cool dude. ;) Everyone is entitled to voice their own opinion(s) in a mature and polite fashion. :)

I know that Ms. Allen is an actress who portrays Aayla in Episode II. But even Jan Duursema, who pencils Aayla in the comics and who met and befriended Amy, herself says that "Amy is Aayla". :)
If you really know the character of Aayla Secura well (from the comics and such) and then meet Amy, you'd agree fully with that. :D
 Taos
11-07-2002, 10:48 AM
No duh. Of course amy is aayla, I've been on this thread a heck of a lot longer then most of you guys, so just keep your mouths shut. Amy "PORTRAYS" aayla, she is not aayla. All I'm saying is, for those of you that want to obsess over amy allen, open an amy allen thread. This thread is for obsessing over aayla :)

O.o

Dewd, are you feeling ok?? This is a little out of charater for you.......

*shrugs*
 AgentSmith
11-07-2002, 11:58 AM
I just saw this convention update at theforce.net:

Amy Allen (Aayla Secura) & Jan Duursema (SW comic artist who pencils Aayla) will appear at the "National Convention" (http://www.bigapplecon.com/cgi-bin/Update.pl?action=ShowPage&key=index) in New York City, taking place from November 8th - 10th at the Metropolitan Pavilion at 128 W. 18th Street. :)

(They will be at the con all three days and will sign autographs. - Ken Colley (Admiral Piett), Rena Owen (Taun We) and Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing) will also attend.)

On Saturday evening, November 9th, there will also be a charity screening of Attack of the Clones IMAX at the Palisades Mall IMAX theatre in Nyack, NY, with Amy Allen scheduled to attend.

That sounds really awesome! :) I wish I could attend and be there, especially since both Jan and Amy will be there. :D
 Pad
11-07-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
Padanime, you can check if someday she will attend a con near where you live.
That's why I was able to meet her, because by luck she attended a con near to where I live. :)

hmm, i dont think she will attend anything near somethin i live.
i live in belgium man, most ppl dont even know where that is, so how in the world would she be commin? be serious will ya. :p
 Hannibal
11-07-2002, 2:59 PM
No duh. Of course amy is aayla, I've been on this thread a heck of a lot longer then most of you guys...

Not me.;)
 AgentSmith
11-08-2002, 8:28 AM
Originally posted by Padanime
i live in belgium man, most ppl dont even know where that is, so how in the world would she be commin? be serious will ya. :p

I am serious and I live in Belgium too btw! :p

I just went to the "Collectors Rendez-Vous" in Paris, that was close enough. :D
 Pad
11-08-2002, 11:03 AM

I am serious and I live in Belgium too btw! :p

I just went to the "Collectors Rendez-Vous" in Paris, that was close enough. :D

u do?
[neo voice] WOW [/neo voice] :p

where do u live in belgium?
 Dragonlancer
11-08-2002, 9:12 PM
Ok, ok I'm calm. Sorry if I got a little ticked off, I just get a little irritated when people try to tell me things that I know more of then they do (please note that this does not apply to agentsmith:D ). Either way I'm calm now lol. *holds rocket launcher behind his back) BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D
 Taos
11-09-2002, 12:15 AM
I just get a little irritated when people try to tell me things that I know more of then they do

How do you know, that you know more than someone else around here?
 AgentSmith
11-09-2002, 6:26 AM
where do u live in belgium?

In Steenokkerzeel, that's right next to Zaventem. (Near Brussels.)
And you if I may ask? :)
 AgentSmith
11-09-2002, 6:30 AM
I was able to purchase the "Star Wars Episode II Attack of The Clones" Widescreen DVD yesterday. Though the release date is next week I found a store that already had it at a good price as well. :D

The Episode II DVD is awesome, all the scenes razorsharp, crystal clear and it's possible to run them with astounding clarity in superslowmo. Thus enabling to focus on Aayla in action! :D

Seeing all the scenes featuring Aayla as portrayed by Amy Allen again strengthens my opinion that she did indeed do a great job! She's awesome as Aayla! :)

For instance what I hadn't noticed yet due to the scene's speed is when Aayla is seen behind the female 'Ha' Jedi during the Arena battle she actually high-kicks a Super Battledroid and then moves in with her lightsaber to slash a Battledroid.
(Really awesome move of Ms. Allen, I gather she does a combat or self-defence sport because that kick was very high and seemed like a jaw-breaker. :eek: )

Also after Yoda arrives with the Clone Army and he rescues the Jedi, on two occassions you see Aayla execute a gracious block of blasterbolts. Great moves, graceful and very nice. :)

So go and get it know and enjoy! ;)
 AgentSmith
11-09-2002, 10:54 AM
I just checked out Disc 2 of the "Star Wars Episode II Attack Of The Clones" DVD, with all the extras.

It's pretty good overall though it doesn't feature any story on Aayla/Amy (sadly) nor any production stills from her green screen shooting.
Aayla is visible on two occassions on Disc 2:
- At the beginning of the Disc in the main menu she is seen in the Jedi library. (The shot from the Jedi Temple where she is talking to that Bith Jedi, which is also in the movie.)
- In the Documentary Menu, the background is the Geonosis battle scene where Aayla is seen charging the Droid Army with the Clonetroopers.

:)
 AgentSmith
11-09-2002, 11:01 AM
Starwars.com reports about upcoming comics in 2003 and a new Dark Horse series project called "Star Wars: Jedi" (http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2002/11/news20021107.html), led by Jan Duursema and John Ostrander.

I quote starwars.com:
"The outbreak of the Clone Wars has not only split the galaxy, but now has split the Jedi order. Ambivalent or disaffected Jedi Knights have been swayed by Count Dooku's claims of corruption in the Republic, and some have actively joined the Separatist movement. General Mace Windu must not only oversee the important battles of the war, but now must bring these wayward Jedi back into the fold.

Star Wars: Jedi - Mace Windu by John Ostrander, Jan Duursema and Dan Parsons, featuring cover art by Jan Duursema, is scheduled for release on February 12."

So it is possible Aayla features prominently or as a secondary character in many of those stories. :)

I quote John Ostrander (writer for "Star Wars: Jedi") from his World Famous Comics discussion board (http://www.comicscommunity.com/boards/ostrander/) on Aayla's appearance in "Star Wars: Jedi" and a possible issue "Aayla vs Aurra":

"That issue will focus on Aayla although I'm sure she'll appear more than that. As you may have ntoiced, she's become very popular. I hear tell she has her own fan club and webpage!<g> John"

That sounds good doesn't it? :)
 AgentSmith
11-09-2002, 2:40 PM

Fun fact I hadn't mentioned yet. The first signed promo I have from Amy (that someone obtained for me in my name at the San Diego comiccon) says "See you in Belgium!!!" so you never know! :)
 Taos
11-09-2002, 6:08 PM
Thanks for the great info Agent Smith!! :thumbsup:

Pad
11-10-2002, 2:05 PM

In Steenokkerzeel, that's right next to Zaventem. (Near Brussels.)
And you if I may ask? :)

i live in schelle, just below antwerp. ;)
COOL:cool:
 AgentSmith
11-11-2002, 5:22 AM
That's cool Padanime! :D
 AgentSmith
11-11-2002, 5:27 AM
Wil 'Kampilan' from theforce.net discussion boards gave the heads up and info on this:

The new Del Rey "Star Wars Mythmaking Attack Of The Clones" book features an enlarged stylized Aayla Secura promo shot on page 161 with the caption: "Lucas based the look of one of the arena Jedi on a Twi'lek named Aayla Secura (Amy Allen), who orignally appeared in a Dark Horse Star Wars comic.".

Page 163 features a photo of Aayla kicking a Super Battledroid. (As seen in the Arena Battle.)
Page167 shows Aayla being rounded up in the Arena survivors circle. (Though page 151 has a phot of the balcony shot with Ki-Adi Mundi it is not at the time index where the camera has panned to Aayla yet so she is cut off.)

The book doesn't contain any mention of the "Droid Control Ship Raid" scene either.

Amy Allen is not mentioned in the cast list but she is listed under ILM : Visual Effects Production and Technical Support.

(Thanks to Wil for this info!) :)
 AgentSmith
11-12-2002, 10:36 AM
Since I was writing this up for another forum, I thought I'd post it here as well in case it would be interesting for anyone. :)

Here's a list of the scenes where Aayla can be seen in "Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones" (DVD version).

Aayla Secura's scenes in Episode II (Disc 1 DVD version-chronological):
- Background Jedi Temple Youngling scene 1: Frontal shot of Aayla descending the staircase next to the Youngling Training Roo.
- Background Jedi Temple Youngling scene 2: Side shot of Aayla talking briefly to a Bith Jedi behind Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- Background Jedi Temple Youngling scene 3: Rear shot of Aayla walking away behind Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- Background Jedi Appearance Geonosis Arena Battle: Side shot of Aayla igniting her lightsaber in an upwards arcing, right hand grip motion, on the left side behind Ki-Adi Mundi.
- Background Geonosis Arena Battle: Frontal shot of Aayla seen executing a left leg high-kick on a Superbattledroid and slicing a Battledroid in half. On the left side, behind the female "Ha!" shouting Jedi.
- Foreground Surviving Jedi Circle: Rear/Above shot of Aayla being led to the Jedi Circle by a Geonosian Guard, lower right of the screen.
- Middle Section Surviving Jedi Circle 1: Rear to side shot of Aayla standing in the Jedi Circle and slowly turning, looking around, middle to right side of the screen behind Mace Windu.
- Middle Section Surviving Jedi Circle 2: Side to frontal shot of Aayla turning and looking up as Yoda arrives with the Republic Gunships, middle left side of the screen behind Mace Windu.
- Background Jedi Circle after Arrival Republic Gunships 1: Frontal/Side shot of Aayla arcing her ignited lightsaber to deflect incoming laserfire, double hand grip, left to right double swing, middle right side of the screen.
- Background Jedi Circle after Arrival Republic Gunships 2:
Frontal/Side shot of Aayla arcing her ignited lightsaber to deflect incoming laserfire as other Jedi board the Gunships, double hand grip, left swing, middle right side of the screen.
- Background Geonosis Clone War Battle 1: Frontal shot of Aayla, lightsaber ignited, running into battle with a squad of Clonetroopers. Middle, left side of the screen behind Kit Fisto.
- Background Geonosis Clone War Battle 2: Rear shot of Aayla, lightsaber ignited, running into battle with a squad of Clonetroopers. Middle, lower part of the screen.

Aayla Secura's appearances in Disc 2 (Episode II DVD version):
- Disc 2 Start-Up Screen/Main Menu: Aayla is seen at the bottom right of the screen for a few seconds. (Background is the Jedi library. The shot used is the one from the Jedi Temple where she is talking to that Bith Jedi.)
- Disc 2 Documentary Menu: Aayla is seen at the bottom of the screen. (Background is the Geonosis battle scene where Aayla is seen leading Clonetroopers into battle.)

If anyone spotted her at any other times (of I forgot to mention any other scenes), let me know! :D
 AgentSmith
11-13-2002, 5:26 AM
Does anyone possibly have any update on the release of the autograph chase cards for the Topps "Episode II Widevision" cards that was announced here (http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2002/07/news20020731.html) at starwars.com for November?

Among the autographed chase cards for the Topps "Episode II Widevision" cards there is a scheduled Aayla Secura/Amy Allen autographed card according to the list (http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2002/09/news20020918.html) from starwars.com. If this card is released, and the signing by Ms. Allen goes through then it will surely be a great collectors item. (Though since they will be sold in packs the risk is that they might be rather hard to acquire since they will be limited at a set of 5000 each.) :)
 Hannibal
11-15-2002, 1:10 PM
Just checking in. Haven't posted here in a while. I usually post on the KOTOR board. BTW looks like the game will have blue Twileks.:D

The DVD is great. My favorite part is the outtakes when Padme and Anakin are eating the soup and Hayden goes "God!! It's hot!"
 AgentSmith
11-18-2002, 10:07 AM
Amy Allen apparently does not only star as Aayla Secura in the "Star Wars Episode II Attack Of The Clones" DVD but also as an 'Outlander nightclub' extra. :)

First reported by 'The2ndQuest' from theforce.net Jedi council forums:
"On the DVD-ROM of AOTC, there's an interesting note during the nightclub sequence." - * Behind Obi-Wan, with the blonde braids, is Amy Allen as a night club extra... she also plays Aayla Secura, the blue Twi'lek Jedi.*"

I can confirm this, I watched the 'Outlander' nightclub scene in slow motion and behind Obi-Wan (when he is stating to Anakin to be careful regarding the assassin they chased into the club) you can see Amy Allen walk past wearing an odd headpiece, a red and black outfit and very long blonde braids. :D
 Taos
11-18-2002, 12:30 PM
Oh really she is?? :D I'll have to look for her when I watch the movie again tonight! :p

They also have the guy that plays JarJar.....but nobody really cares.....(sorry, opinion) :D
 AgentSmith
11-18-2002, 2:12 PM
And Anthony Daniels (C3PO) as well.

It always strikes me how George Lucas' daughter (the pink Twi'lek with Achmed Best) just eyes Anakin like crazy when he passes them. :p Cute and funny. :)
 Taos
11-20-2002, 4:17 AM

I can confirm this, I watched the 'Outlander' nightclub scene in slow motion and behind Obi-Wan (when he is stating to Anakin to be careful regarding the assassin they chased into the club) you can see Amy Allen walk past wearing an odd headpiece, a red and black outfit and very long blonde braids. :D

Which part of her head can you see......not sure what to look for. I think I'll just have to watch it in slo-mo. :D
 Hannibal
11-20-2002, 10:30 AM

I checked this out. There's so much going on would have never singled out one person. Odd headpiece indeed.
 Ratmjedi
11-21-2002, 12:59 AM
The actor that played Mouse in the Matrix is also the guy that is offering to sell Obi-Wan some death sticks.
 Taos
11-21-2002, 3:53 AM
Originally posted by Ratmjedi
The actor that played Mouse in the Matrix is also the guy that is offering to sell Obi-Wan some death sticks.

You know what....I thought I recognized that guy.........interesting. :D
 AgentSmith
11-21-2002, 6:53 AM
Well it's hard to spot Amy indeed, you can see her face pretty clearly but the scene just is so fast, only in slow motion can you see it well. :)

Which is how it got picked up on in the first place, only by seeing the scene in slow motion. :)
 Pad
11-21-2002, 7:53 AM
i read somewhere c3po, jarjar and glґs daughter were in that scene, but not amy was there.
so how did u find out about amy being in that scene???
i cant think of u watchin the whole movie in slowmo.
 leXX
11-21-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Ratmjedi

ah, ya beat me 2 it ya git! :xp:

I'm gonna look out for Amy in that scene next time I watch it, thnx for the info AgentSmith! ;)
 Maverick Knight
11-21-2002, 4:39 PM
Lol, I gotta watch out for that when I get the DVD. That and Homer Simpson...
 AgentSmith
11-22-2002, 6:46 AM
Well The2ndQuest from theforce.net Jedi Council forums read it on the DVD-Rom info so I went to check on the DVD in slow motion and it indeed is Amy.
But to be sure I wrote Amy about it and she confirmed that it was indeed her in that scene behind Obi-Wan Kenobi. :)
 AgentSmith
11-22-2002, 6:51 AM
Starwars.com reports about the upcoming Dark Horse Star Wars Tales #14 issue (http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2002/11/news20021121.html) featuring the story "Tides of Terror" with Aayla Secura as a main character.

I quote starwars.com:
"A biological saboteur has tainted the sterile labs of the Kamino cloning facilities. Jedi Generals Kit Fisto and Aayla Secura investigate this deadly threat to the Republic's clone army."

This image is from the upcoming "Tides of Terror":
http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2002/11/img/tidesofterror.jpg)

I'm definately getting this issue! :)
 AgentSmith
11-22-2002, 2:57 PM
AaylaSecuraJedi from theforce.net Jedi Council forums spotted this on eBay first, so credit goes to him for the heads up. :)

It seems the autograph chase cards for the Topps "Episode II Widevision" cards have been released and the first ones have made it to eBay auctions.
There are several auctions for the Aayla Secura/Amy Allen autographed Topps "Episode II Widevision" chase card.

As you can see the card is absolutely gorgeous. :)

http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/5/5439/sw_aayla.jpg)
 Ratmjedi
11-22-2002, 10:31 PM
Nice. Very Nice. :D
Are there any other things that you can spot in the EP II DVD.
I know there is a X-Wing chasing a TIE Fighter in the chase scene with Zam Wessel. Does anybody know where exactlty it is at?
 leXX
11-24-2002, 1:57 PM
Sorry Ratmjedi, I don't have a clue, I wouldn't mind knowing exactly where that is either!

AgentSmith - I have a present for you taken from an advert in this month's Sky Magazine, notice anyone? ;)

http://lexx1.users.btopenworld.com/ep2adftAayla.jpg)
 AgentSmith
11-25-2002, 6:37 AM
Yep! :D

Awesome, thanks a lot leXX for posting that picture! :)
 leXX
11-25-2002, 8:13 AM
You're welcome. I know you want every single picture of Aayla in existence so I'm keeping a sharp eye out for you. ;)
 leXX
11-28-2002, 9:39 PM
ok, I improved my Aayla Startup screen!

http://lexx1.users.btopenworld.com/Image1.jpg)

You can get it fresh off the press here (http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=8277).

Page: 10 of 19