Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi vs Merc server UP NOW!!(Dismemberment too!)

Page: 5 of 5
 mythren
07-19-2002, 1:05 AM
..but...just...you....

Heheh...AH HAH! You're OLD post (the one in which you stated the new IP) has the old IP in your sig!

0wned. gg. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah...I just made the 200th post on this thread - special me!
 mythren
07-19-2002, 1:37 PM
Nodata...Grandel...I don't mean to be offensive or mean in any way, but some of your admins (or you yourselves) need to play on your server a bit more heh. Soon as it came up I joined it, and the NSO (New Sith Order) clan joined it...about 8 if them. I dunno if you know them or not, but they were completely abusing the rules, and there's not a whole lot I can do about it considering I was the only one there not a part of them.

I'd be MORE than happy to dedicate myself as an admin, as your server is the one I pretty much solely play on. I dunno if you're even considering adding more admins, but I'll list my experiance anyway :).

GM on official OSI shard for Ultima Online
Ran and Operated personal shard using Ultima Online
GM on popular EQ Server
Run and currently maintain personal EQ Server

It's not like I'm gunna run around banning and kicking people, I'll calmly explain to them the rules, and ask them to adhere by them. If they don't, I'll give them a warning and ask them politely again...if they still don't, I'll either apologize for what I must do and kick them, or give them yet another chance if they sound willing to try to follow the rules.

In other words, I'll be fair heh.

Again, you might not be considering this, but I'm just gunna offer my services anyway :).
 defalc
07-19-2002, 1:44 PM
I think what they need are some admins who are in different timezones. Ie: All of the admins are basically in the same timezone, so when they go to bed...you get the idea.

Heheh, speaking of kicking people....
I don't normally smile when kicking people, but man that felt good.
Lol, that was sooooo funny. ;) Guess who that was. Muhahahahaha
 Gandel
07-19-2002, 2:06 PM
that was me when I kicked EFP Jedi Sith, someone whom exploited maps. and Mythren I play quite a great deal. however, even admins need to sleep. but then...when I sleep , Grey's up, so he can admin . when im awake . 9 times out of 10 im on the server.
 defalc
07-19-2002, 7:02 PM
EFP Jedi Sith? I thought it was that Jurrassica guy who had no reguard for the rules, flamed players, and said he didn't care if you were an admin but you blablablah...(insert cusses here)
 mythren
07-20-2002, 4:44 AM
Like I said, I meant no offence heh, you guys do an EXCELLENT job; when you're there.

I usually play a little later in the evening and no admins are on...that's all :).
 Lord Nodata
07-20-2002, 5:12 AM
mythren

Get on the AIM so I can give you the pOwEr!:D
 Gandel
07-20-2002, 10:07 AM
Check PM's Chaff-da-lan
 Gandel
07-24-2002, 1:57 AM
bumpage
 Gryphcon
07-25-2002, 1:12 PM
Is the server down? Because I tried it and it seemed to be down. I played at this server a lot last month, but I guess the ip changed.
 Gooey
07-25-2002, 7:46 PM
Nope server is still up, just got done playing it.

Few suggestions for admins. Is it possible to have another dedicated server running jedimod, or putting jedimod on the existing server? Everyone I just played was interested in the idea.

Second, the grappling hook. I *THINK* this server used to have it, but no longer. Could you put it back in for the mercs? Grapple was fun :D

thanks for the server and happy fragging
 Gryphcon
07-25-2002, 11:05 PM
I try the ip in the signature but nothing shows up. Am I doing something wrong??
 Gandel
07-26-2002, 7:19 AM
Grapple will be back as soon as we can get it to work with 1.04
 mythren
07-26-2002, 10:02 AM
Nodata, check your PM's please.

(probably doesn't need this...but!!!)

*Bump*
 grey_fox_001
07-27-2002, 12:09 PM
Shamless

BUMP!!!!!!!

and I also want to make it to Pit Droid :D .
 Gryphcon
07-28-2002, 10:37 PM
bump
 Gooey
07-29-2002, 1:12 AM
I searched as much as I can...

can someone tell me how to start my own server running jedi vs merc??

Thanks
 Gandel
07-29-2002, 8:20 PM
Ok. news. some new models are being added. which include (but aren't limited to) the following, you can get them from here the following sites (note grapple mod is being added back too soon..)

Vader 2.0 :

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=3951)

Padme Amidala:

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=3967)

FFA Sarlacc :

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4129)

FFA Large Sand Arena :

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=3348)

Geonosis Droid Factory :

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=3838)

Roger : Battle Droid

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4134)

note some of these may or may not go in. we'll see. just a heads up on some things you might wanna download before you sign on the server later ;)
 Lord Nodata
07-30-2002, 2:33 PM
just a BUMP to let everyone know the server will be up in a few hours running our version of the grapple mod. (which includes extra jedi animations) We won't be running the Jedimod though because we've only got one server, and it can only run one mod at a time. So, until someone meshes the 2 mods together...we're stuck choosing between one or the other.

In other news: Jedi Fortress (www.3dap.com/jediknight/jedifortress) just got some forums of our own, go check them out here: JEDI FORTRESS FORUMS (http://www.3dactionplanet.com/jediknight/jedifortress/board)
 Lightning
07-31-2002, 3:14 AM
can you please sent me that grapple hook mod (i can't find that server but i whant that mod)
 defalc
07-31-2002, 4:10 AM
Originally posted by Lord Nodata
just a BUMP to let everyone know the server will be up in a few hours running our version of the grapple mod. (which includes extra jedi animations) We won't be running the Jedimod though because we've only got one server, and it can only run one mod at a time. So, until someone meshes the 2 mods together...we're stuck choosing between one or the other.

In other news: Jedi Fortress (www.3dap.com/jediknight/jedifortress) just got some forums of our own, go check them out here: JEDI FORTRESS FORUMS (http://www.3dactionplanet.com/jediknight/jedifortress/board)
Huzah for grapple! Pity about JediMod though, I wanted to use Yoda..
Have you added all teh cool new models Chaff? :D
 Lightning
07-31-2002, 4:41 AM
Originally posted by defalc

Huzah for grapple! Pity about JediMod though, I wanted to use Yoda..
Have you added all teh cool new models Chaff? :D

jedi mod is on again (so i still don't have the grapple hook mod:()
 Gandel
07-31-2002, 7:29 AM
models havent been added yet =p Chaff is a slacker!

forums are up now http://www.3dactionplanet.com/jediknight/jedifortress/board/)

and you can connect to our server by typing

/connect 198.49.215.125 in the console
 Lord Nodata
07-31-2002, 9:59 AM
Originally posted by Lightning

jedi mod is on again (so i still don't have the grapple hook mod:()

Make sure you're using the correct address for the server. We haven't been running the JediMod....:confused:
 Gandel
08-01-2002, 7:43 PM
bump. updated successful all models and maps I mentioned are on the server now. now PLAY AND HAVE FUN :)
 [JHQ]Inty
08-03-2002, 5:04 PM
Hi, some of you admins know me as the inty the merc, I'm always a merc on the server because it's a bit more challenging when fighting adverseries with more advantages than yourself.

Anyway, I wanted to get this out because as of late it's been bugging me. The majority of people, regulars and newbies, mostly always pick jedi rather than merc, and little old me and a handful of others are usually left outnumbered, with no one to even consider evening the score. Then when we, as mercs, do our class duty and kill jedi, they get angry at us because we are interrupting their dueling. This is just plain ridiculous. It's jedi VERSUS merc!!!

The most common rebuttal to this is that mercs have grapple and guns...therefore we are the stronger enemy and are not to be considered; despite the fact that jedi have swords that do 80% dmg on contact regardless of shields, force powers, more manueverability(especially now since gunners can't roll), and just sheer numbers! And they complain when we throw a bomb or 3 into their duels...come on people. Once again, I remind you--it's JEDI VS. MERCS....at least try to fight us without us having to come to you. You can duel in duel servers, or just about any other gamemodes[most]. This gametype is supposed to be something different, so try to be different.
 Gooey
08-03-2002, 10:25 PM
Server is awesome

Keep it up and gluck on getting jedimod to work in it

JT Master Goo
 Blues
08-03-2002, 11:12 PM
I think there should be a way to have Jedi on one team and mercs on another. Since it IS called Jedi vs Merc, and not Jedi vs Jedi or vs Merc. It'd be like that Forced-based teams cvar, except mercs would be included as a third team. That way the Jedi would have no reason to complain when a merc kills him.

BTW, I gotta try joining the server sometime. I usually use the name Auron.
 defalc
08-04-2002, 2:42 AM
Originally posted by [JHQ]Inty
Hi, some of you admins know me as the inty the merc, I'm always a merc on the server because it's a bit more challenging when fighting adverseries with more advantages than yourself.
Yep, merc is alot of fun. :)
Anyway, I wanted to get this out because as of late it's been bugging me. The majority of people, regulars and newbies, mostly always pick jedi rather than merc, and little old me and a handful of others are usually left outnumbered, with no one to even consider evening the score. Then when we, as mercs, do our class duty and kill jedi, they get angry at us because we are interrupting their dueling. This is just plain ridiculous. It's jedi VERSUS merc!!!
Actually, it's Jedi VS Merc VS Sith. And if you think everyone picks merc, you're just there at a bad time. Heck, the other day there were about 7 mercs and 2-3 Jedi...
The most common rebuttal to this is that mercs have grapple and guns...therefore we are the stronger enemy and are not to be considered; despite the fact that jedi have swords that do 80% dmg on contact regardless of shields, force powers, more manueverability(especially now since gunners can't roll), and just sheer numbers! And they complain when we throw a bomb or 3 into their duels...come on people. Once again, I remind you--it's JEDI VS. MERCS....at least try to fight us without us having to come to you. You can duel in duel servers, or just about any other gamemodes[most]. This gametype is supposed to be something different, so try to be different.
80% damage reguardless of shields? LOL! Have you played with the lightsabre? 80 damage is practically a yellow finisher! And yes, shields DO block lightsabres.
Mercs can't roll, sure. They can just hook to unreachable places and snipe people with the tenloss.
As for the complaining, there are 2 people with sabres off, sitting off from the main fights waiting for 2 other people to duel and then, despite their asking for you to stop, you pick them off. That could be the reason they complain, although you have no reason to whine about this because you're all "Stop using mindtrick! Stop using sabrethrow! Stop using..." The reason there's a private duel feature in FFA mode is because sometimes people want to test their skills against each other without having someone come in and interfering. Thus, your argument about 'go find a duel server' is moot; oh hi, this guy connected and we want to duel so we have to find another server to duel for 5 minutes before coming back here.'

To quote Keyan, "Would you like some cheese with your whine?"
 Gooey
08-04-2002, 4:38 AM
I am ALWAYS merc, unless the server is so unbalanced, then I go sith or jedi.

As far as pestering duelists, hey, a bounty hunter has to make a living right? :p

I do leave two people engaged in an ACTUAL duel though, but I am not sure dueling is enabled. It tends to just end the duel rather than give me a kill. It is also somewhat bad form.
 Gandel
08-04-2002, 9:21 AM
as my old friends surname used to say. 'Qitzurbitzen' figure it out.
 grey_fox_001
08-04-2002, 9:40 AM
Originally posted by Gandel
as my old friends surname used to say. 'Qitzurbitzen' figure it out.

Hey! I figuered it out! :cheers:
 Gandel
08-07-2002, 8:50 AM
update : server now runs jedi mod 1.2

however, OLD saber rules do exist..and theres one new one

Dual bladed saber= SITH only

Two sabers = JEDI only.

and be sure to change your saber color by going to setup an TCK saber mod. sith = REd still , jedi = whatever colors besides red
 Gooey
08-07-2002, 5:23 PM
Yeah server is going strong. Constantly telling new people to change saber color from white to green or red or whatever color they need to be on, and not abuse the grapple and such.

Damn flying mercs perching on top of stages sniping people.
 DiscoFever
08-08-2002, 2:42 AM
the servers down again, but oh well

just a question, how do you do the animations? the only one I know is /kiss but what are the other ones?
 sexcellent
08-08-2002, 7:38 PM
yeah the server is down for me too right now but i cant wait to play on it. i am SO SICK of seeing these imitation jedi mod servers with this ++ crap. and whats really annoying is that i'll find a server with jedi mod 1.2 and they wont even allow jedi vs merc. and finally the one thing that is more annoying than that, is when i finally find a server with jedi mod 1.2, and jedivmerc and guess what... no grappling hook! this server is my only hope.
 Gooey
08-08-2002, 11:25 PM
ok who tripped over the net cable and unplugged the server?!?!
 mythren
08-12-2002, 12:31 AM
Need....server....now....
 Gooey
08-12-2002, 4:07 AM
server still down...

jediknightii.net just went down...

whats next?
 defalc
08-12-2002, 5:10 AM
Not sure, the server went down while I was ON it. :(

Oh, for those who don't know the server's added some more maps. Jango v2.0 (get from jk2files.com), Imperial Waste Facility and...um...that might be it, actually.
Just to save people the truoble of getting booted out because they don't have the map. *cough* I'll get you Gandel ;P *cough*
 Gryphcon
08-13-2002, 6:34 PM
So the server is down?

Well, I always play merc, and about interupting Jedi duels...well...everything is fair game for a merc. But I don't complain about moves that Jedi and Sith use though either, such as saber throw and whatnot.
 Gooey
08-15-2002, 6:46 PM
bink

server down again. I got on for about a minute and it poofed

grr
 Gooey
08-16-2002, 6:52 PM
server is up and going strong.

any way we can get someone to post a list of models/maps?

few new versions of older models are out

Clonetroopers
Padme
Vader (cheshire version)
Battle droid (Roger)

and some that I dont think the server has installed

ladybrena (female maul)
royal guard
exar kun
ewoks
yuuzhanvong

more but not sure how the admins feel about pumping tons of skins onto the server

also, any way to request an increase in max client size? 12-16 maybe?

thanks for hosting the server guys.

Goo
 mythren
08-16-2002, 7:02 PM
Originally posted by Gooey

also, any way to request an increase in max client size? 12-16 maybe?

Oooh...I'd love that.

Anyway - I'm back from vacation now and should be on the server a LOT more. I hadn't ever played with the JediMod yet, but Goo and Keyan got me up to speed :). Thanks guys!
 DiscoFever
08-16-2002, 7:56 PM
It's still down for me :(
 Gooey
08-16-2002, 9:07 PM
lol, well it's down again. hope for not to long this time

almost forgot, I wanted to suggest increasing the force regen. it is set at 200 now, was thinking maybe 400 or 600. g_forceregen should be the command.

k well to kill some time I am gonna go over some things you can do with jedimod 1.2 that is installed in this and some other servers.

Lots of people ask these questions so I just wanted to clue in some people if they happen to browse the forums before they play...

Grapple (for Mercs only)

to use grapple, hit the E or M key, or bind a key in the console by holding down SHIFT then hitting ~, and typing :

bind x +use

where X is the key that you want to be grapple. grapple can be pushed or pulled by jedi/sith, so if you see your grapple being deflected to somewhere you dont want to be, let go of the key and try it again. grapple can also hook you to other players, although jedi/sith can deflect with the saber also.

some server rules :

Jedi can use any saber color and can also use 2 sabers. Sith can only use RED, and may use doublesaber but NOT 2 sabers. To change your saber color, hit ESC, then go to SETUP, then click on TCK SABER MOD and setup your sabercolor there.

If you are a merc, using the grapple to get to a location that jedi/sith cannot get to is not allowed. If you could get there without grapple then it is ok. If you can be attacked by jedi/sith by them jumping or saber-throwing, then it is also ok. Going somewhere that is impossible to be hit by is exploiting and you will get kicked if an admin spots you doing it. Play nice and play fair.

Camping one spot for long periods of time is also not allowed. Back in the HL and Q2 days, there was a time period for you to stay in a certain location before you get world killed. Let's just pretend that the same thing is running here, and keep moving.

do NOT keep issuing the same vote over and over again, as that could also get you kicked.

Just play fair and have fun. Don't be a butthole and everything will be peachy.

You can change your hilt model (jedi/sith only) by using the player config. Hit ESC, then click on PLAYER. There many hilts from you to choose from (thanks |:|ReMaRk|:| and the modelers). If you are a jedi, you can select your SECOND saber hilt also. Bring down the console (SHIFT ~) and type HILT2 luke, if you wanted the luke hilt. Type in whatever hilt you want. Hilt names are in the PLAYER selection screen, where you pick your main handed hilt.

Dismemberment is on. To see parts flying in all their glory, drop down the console again, and type

cg_dismember 3

this should give you all the nice legs and arms being cut off. fun for the whole family.

there are a TON of new emotes. here is the list from the FAQ included with jedimod 1.2:

/sit -sits do again the stand up
/stand -stands up from sit
/kiss -kisses another player if both of you have your sabers off
/taunt -does the spinning saber taunt
/draw -does a nifty saber drawing move
/nod -nods your head
/shake -shakes your head
/super -strike a superman pose
/thumbsdown -looks like your giving something a thumbs down
/looks -looks around
/flip -twirls your saber
/dest -looks like your typing, possibly coding.
/****y -you point at yourself
/jedi -does something that was for some reason named jedi
/way -shows you the way
/scratch -scratch your head
/dunno -hold your arms out saying you don't know
/power -holds your hand up in the air
/barf -barf all over
/throw1 -throw your saber behind you
/throw2 -throw your saber forwards
/throw3 -throw your saber to the side
/adjust -adjust your saber
/beg -beg for mercy
/kneel -kneel on the ground
/punch -punches
/slap -slap someone if they kiss you
/sleep -lay down like you are dead
/spintaunt -do the spinning saber taunt
/bounce -do a pushup thingy sortof
/breakdance -breakdance
/taunt 0-12 -play a taunt sounds if more than 1
/secretissafewithus -try it and find out

What are the new special moves?
purple stance: forward + jump + attack while facing the enemy.
Jumps fairly high and does a spinning twirling thingy of death.

orange stance: forward + jump + attack while facing the enemy.
tornado attack if you only have one saber
same move as the yellow stance if you have two sabers

How do I turn on my second saber?

type /twosaber or /dualsaber in the console while your saber is off. you can also bind a key to do this. see the grapple example

How do I turn on the dualbladed saber?

type /thedestroyer or /dualblade in console while your saber is off. you can also bind a key to do this. see the grapple example

more stuff later as I think of it.

laters all, and welcome back Mythren
 defalc
08-17-2002, 4:13 AM
There's also the new Battle Droid model (not the Roger one), which would make a fine addition to the server, PadmeV2, they have the updated clone troopers already, but they need Exar Kun.

PLUS: The ESB Yoda Skinpack: http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=823)
 Gooey
08-18-2002, 5:05 AM
fix

server

plz

:D
 Gooey
08-19-2002, 2:29 PM
been dead for awhile

:(
 Gooey
08-19-2002, 3:56 PM
Well it's alive again. I was hoping to have the server rules flashing like before, but without any admins on the rule breakers just flood the server.

I spend more time telling people to change sabers or not kill same team than I do actually playing.

Ok well Im done for now.
Page: 5 of 5