Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi vs Merc server UP NOW!!(Dismemberment too!)

Page: 3 of 5
 Ah Boon
06-18-2002, 9:37 AM
lord nodata, i dun want to sound tis as a flame but most ppl dun understand why they should not break the rules. when there is no admin, ppl will spoils others fun like siths kill siths, bs spam, or tking and other shts as well. Below are the rules that i think you should enforce:-

1. Siths Sabers = RED
2. No TKing!
3. DO NOT KILL PPL WHEN TYPING
4. Saber off = Peace

thats all for the time being and i dun ask for all of this because i suck and couldnt play the game well but its because its spoiling my fun on the server as well as others. thank you.
 Tyrion
06-18-2002, 9:52 AM
Originally posted by defalc
Tyrion rocks.

yes,yes,I know I rock..:D
 defalc
06-18-2002, 11:53 AM
How does the whole favourties thing work? Cause I clicked 'Add to Favourites' with the server highlighted but it didn't seem to do anything.
 Tyrion
06-18-2002, 11:56 AM
I remember you Defalc.To put someone on your buddy list just press the buddy button below a post.
 Bluezman
06-18-2002, 2:13 PM
Actually, Tyrion, I guess defalc meant adding a server to your favorites in the in-game server browser... :)

It probably worked alright, make sure you did the following:

- click on "Add favorite" when server is highlighted
- click on "Source" , you can toggle through "Internet", "Favorites" and "Local" >> set to "Favorites"
- Set "Game" to "All"
- Set "Game type" to "All"
- Set "View empty"/"view full" to "yes"
- click "Get new list"

This helped for me. It didn't show my favorites because I had selected the wrong game type or something.

If the server still doesn't show up, it is offline. Note that not all servers are up 24/7.
 defalc
06-18-2002, 3:16 PM
Thanks Bluezman :)
 Lord Nodata
06-19-2002, 1:08 AM
Bump to show new Tyrion and Maul models...:D
 defalc
06-19-2002, 1:22 PM
I noticed that instead of side+backwackward rolls you do cartwheels and the butterfly, how come?

EDIT: Okay, you enabled it, cool...how can I do this? I really wanna do this. ;)
 Bluezman
06-19-2002, 3:53 PM
I just wanted to say that I come back to your server regularily. I get rather bad pings (150-250) although I have DSL because I am from Europe but it is just so much fun :D :D :D

So my compliments here. The grappling hook rocks, just a lot of fun to fly through the whole map, especially on Nar Shadaa :)
I noticed that instead of side+backwackward rolls you do cartwheels and the butterfly, how come?

EDIT: Okay, you enabled it, cool...how can I do this? I really wanna do this. I'd like to know that as well. It looks just so cool... I saw someone on the server yesterday and when I asked him how he does that, he just said "Skills". Duh.

*wandering off topic*
Some people just don't wanna share information. Same thing on another server where Dual Sabers were enabled without having to cheat for it. I read about it on the forums but I forgot the exact command. It was not THEDESTROYER but just "dualblade". So everyone runs araound with dual blades, but do you think anyone would tell me the command when I asked nicely?!?

They only said "Ill tell you but it cost you 100$" and "Its no cheat, you know!!!" Like I was complaining that they were cheating?!?! WTF, I even told them, come on, I know it is a mod I just cannot recall the command its something like "dualsaber 1" or something. I could go look on the forums..." They: "Well, then go cuz thats what we did, too." They wouldn't tell me for like 20 minutes or so until I figured it out.

WTF?!!? *******S!!!! :D :D

Funny was when I finally found out the command, I bound it to a key. So I could turn the dual blades on/off/on/off... So all of a sudden the guys were like "How do you do that?!?" Of course I told them "It'llcost you 100$ :D" Well, I told them afterwards...
*back to topic*

uh... anyway: nice servcer, really fun to play on :)
 defalc
06-19-2002, 4:25 PM
Hm...it's part of the grapple mod, isn't it? Either that or a server command...:confused:
Oh, post the links to the Tyrion and the other Maul model, people in the server have asked about where to get it. ;)
 Lord Nodata
06-20-2002, 9:34 PM
Yeah, to do the acrobatic moves, I just replaced the side and backwards rolls with new animations. Just do those.

Also, I'm putting the wookie model on the server. And Possibly replacing the duel music. Also, I may have the server running Hydroball this weekend.:D
 Gandel
06-20-2002, 10:03 PM
Hey chaff, what was wrong with server yesterday? it came down about 11 am est and still hasnt came back up.
 Lord Nodata
06-21-2002, 2:01 AM
should be back up now...and we're running Hydroball for awhile! lol:D
 Gandel
06-21-2002, 2:13 AM
Dont see it
 Lord Nodata
06-21-2002, 2:39 AM
type:

connect 198.49.215.90

in the console...that should get you in if there are any slots open.
 defalc
06-21-2002, 7:10 AM
Wookie! Raawwwg! :D
You should add Exar Kun and the Clonetrooper ;)

Chaff, you don't mind do you? I took the animations.cfg file from the grapple mod just so I can do the moves when I'm playing against bots and such?

Hm...better download hydroball...;)

EDIT: Hm...for your server, think you could add something to the grapple mod, so you start with your fists as well? (like in hydroball)?
 Old_Ben
06-21-2002, 12:57 PM
Why'd you change the server to hydroball. It was fun at first but that game gets boring real quick. I was dissapointed when I couldn't play jedi vs Merc.
 defalc
06-21-2002, 4:02 PM
It was fun, buit it did get boring after a while.
Although even when I got bored I still had some fun, eg:
When nobody had yet complained about force, I gripped the goalie of the enemy team just as he was moving to block a goal. :D

This one person...um...can't remember his name now, he kept attacking the goalie and whenever his team scored, he'd be all 'Yeah, we rule, you don't, blah blah', so I'd taunt non-stop to annoy him (for 15 minutes :D) and stopped when he got annoyed. I then chased him and tackled him from behind and taunted five times in succession...hella fun. ;)
 Lord Nodata
06-21-2002, 9:29 PM
Ok, we took Hydroball down and put Jedi vs Merc vs Sith back up! Enjoy!:D
 defalc
06-21-2002, 9:34 PM
Yaaaaayyyy! :D:D:D
 Gandel
06-22-2002, 5:38 AM
Shameless bump :p :mob: oh yeah and Chaff the duel music isnt working. set it up to where it auto downloads it when you load server? or give site that has it on it so we can download it?:):lsduel: :duel: :ion: :saberb: :saberr:

something wrong with server ? its been down all day :( :fett:
 Lord Nodata
06-23-2002, 10:59 PM
Duel music is hte ROTJ music...search jediknightii.net for it. Also, server's been down this weekend cause we did a LAN...be back up tomorrow though.:D
 Lord Nodata
06-25-2002, 5:42 AM
it's up, and got the wookie model in there...too funny to hear chewie scream! :D
 Lord Nodata
06-28-2002, 3:56 AM
It's ALIVE!!! ALIVE!!!! :gben:
 Gandel
06-28-2002, 6:06 AM
no its not =/ its down
 Lord Nodata
06-29-2002, 3:53 AM
Ok, she's up now, and we should have the crashing problem* fixed. It should be up all weekend...get in there and die!

*a combination of a drive that hadn't been defragged in about 6 months, a system that hadn't been rebooted in just as long, and a server log file that was a 27meg text file spread across the fragged drive, all lead to it crashing every 10 minutes.
 KnightHawk420
06-29-2002, 9:13 AM
Since we're on the subject I just recently opened a Team FFA Server with Jedi v Merc Enabled.... Also Force Teams are also enabled so that red team can only use dark, and blue can only use lightside.

206.169.69.25:28080

It's called "jk2.lowgrav.org Jedi vs Sith Battlegrounds"

A backsweep rule is also enforced on this server.
 Gandel
06-30-2002, 5:18 AM
server keeps disconnecting me every time I try to join. maybe need to reset it ? or something.
 Captain Anarchy
06-30-2002, 10:41 AM
Here are some suggestions that the people at the jedi academy have come up with to balance the game.

1: Enable pull, but make it so it can only DISARM and not pull them towards you.

2: Enable throw because with that stupid grapling hook, all a merc has to do is find a place with a high roof, graple to the ceiling, and they are invincible.

3: If it were possible, this kinda goes with number 2, make it so all throw does is knock off the mercs grapling hook, but do no damage, because I hate having six mercs glued to the ceiling picking off all the jedis that are fighting eachother.
 Gandel
06-30-2002, 12:40 PM
Saber throw is enabled.
btw you need to readd the broad cast data. it for some reason isnt showing.
 Lord Nodata
07-01-2002, 10:20 PM
just added the Leia model...get in and play!

Also, Saber throw had been enabled since we added the Grappling hook for mercs.:atat:
 defalc
07-01-2002, 10:44 PM
Yay! Teh Leia model! :D
Better add Yoda once they release it. ;)
 Captain Anarchy
07-02-2002, 12:38 AM
I know, I noticed that throw was enabled right after I posted that.

Add the Exar Kun model, it's badass!
 Captain Anarchy
07-03-2002, 10:13 AM
2 more suggestions:

1: RENABLE SABER THROW! It's damn near impossible to kill a merc that is glued to the ceiling without throw
2: Get more admins in there, because I am constantly running into *******s who type kill over and over, and when I tell them to stop, the just say "You type too much, it's not my fault". Please for the love of god get more admins!
 Lord Nodata
07-03-2002, 9:17 PM
You know, I'm NEVER going to kick someone for type killing. For the simple reason that I'm sick and tired of running up to kill someone and BAM, they throw up a chat window and call me a type-killer.

Bottom line, it's a FPS, not a chat room. If you want to talk, then just spectate or hide somewhere...or TYPE FAST! :D
 defalc
07-03-2002, 10:45 PM
Reanable sabre throw. I mean, on Bespin Exhaust shafts...they just hook up to the ceiling with disruptors...;P
 Gandel
07-03-2002, 11:55 PM
Its ok to kill someone type killing out in middle of combat imo. but if someone (that you can obviously see is hiding) is typing he should be left alone, called common courtesy.
btw whys server down?
 Captain Anarchy
07-04-2002, 12:49 AM
Thats what I mean, I was on ffa_bespin and I was type killed SIX TIMES and I was hiding every time, it was deliberate, and he gave the false excuse that I had type killed him when I didn't have any kills :rolleyes: Then when I told him to stop type killing me he just kept on saying "You type too much" and "You type killed me". Even when I had no kills, jeeze, isn't this guy a genius?
 defalc
07-04-2002, 12:53 AM
Only 1 thing to do dude; next time, if you ever see him typing, sabre his @ss. :D
 Gandel
07-04-2002, 2:24 AM
I'd just like to say.

being Bantha fodder sucks.
 Captain Anarchy
07-04-2002, 5:24 AM
No, no, no defalc, I'm not going to sink to his level of lameness. That is just being a hypocrit dude, it's being stupid.
 Gandel
07-04-2002, 2:02 PM
Website was updated. it looks sweeter now. be sure to check it out :)
 Captain Anarchy
07-04-2002, 3:34 PM
The JvsMvsS serv has a webpage? LINK ME GODAMNIT! LIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKK MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
 defalc
07-04-2002, 3:57 PM
Originally posted by Captain Anarchy
No, no, no defalc, I'm not going to sink to his level of lameness. That is just being a hypocrit dude, it's being stupid.
Well in that case, if you see him again, kill him properly? ;)
 Lord Nodata
07-04-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Captain Anarchy
The JvsMvsS serv has a webpage? LINK ME GODAMNIT! LIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKK MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

It's actually a mod for Jedi Outcast made by us (the ERU team), read about it here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64805)
 Gandel
07-05-2002, 12:14 AM
2: Get more admins in there, because I am constantly running into *******s who type kill over and over, and when I tell them to stop, the just say "You type too much, it's not my fault". Please for the love of god get more admins! - captain

I am now an admin. however I won't kick someone who type kills. its too hard to enforce and not against the rules.
 grey_fox_001
07-05-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Gandel
2: Get more admins in there, because I am constantly running into *******s who type kill over and over, and when I tell them to stop, the just say "You type too much, it's not my fault". Please for the love of god get more admins! - captain

I am now an admin. however I won't kick someone who type kills. its too hard to enforce and not against the rules.

Nice to see there's another resonable admin. The server only need more supervision. I try and enforce the rules as best I can while I am on there, but some people never listen. I would'nt mind being an admin btw if you're looking for fair people :D .

P.S.
Before I forget, Chaff, could you modify the grappling hook by makuing it so you cant hold on indefinatly? You could make it so you can only hod it for about 4 secs or even 0. That way it would require more skill to use and make the game funner for those playing.
 defalc
07-06-2002, 5:11 PM
Originally posted by grey_fox_001

Nice to see there's another resonable admin. The server only need more supervision. I try and enforce the rules as best I can while I am on there, but some people never listen. I would'nt mind being an admin btw if you're looking for fair people :D .

P.S.
Before I forget, Chaff, could you modify the grappling hook by makuing it so you cant hold on indefinatly? You could make it so you can only hod it for about 4 secs or even 0. That way it would require more skill to use and make the game funner for those playing.
Huzzah for Gandel Levant. :)

I'd say maybe 6 seconds, cause it's really evil otherwise, the mercs hook up to unreachable places and throw detas at you and stuff.
 [JHQ]Inty
07-07-2002, 5:05 AM
compared to the advantages jedi have over mercs I don't think the grappling hook is a big deal. Leave it un-nerfed.
 Gandel
07-07-2002, 5:40 AM
Nodata , get on AIM.

and thanks for the grats guys :) I'll do my best
Page: 3 of 5