Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jan or Tavion.

Page: 1 of 2
 Chiori
04-15-2002, 7:47 PM
No you lechers this is no thread about who you would like to take out for dinner.

I just wanted to know which skin (Tavions or Jans) you prefer to play with, if you play with one of these two (I know someone will misunderstand this), and why.

Chiori
 Immortal LuD
04-15-2002, 7:50 PM
Jan.

#1. She has no beard, unlike Tavion.

#2. Tavion looks "ok", but she's just plain stupid looking. I'm not all into that stupid character look, like "Darth Maul"... Give me a f'n break.

Jan just looks so ordinary. And it's the reason why I like the looks of her best, and it's also why I use her in multiplayer.
 Pseudofun
04-15-2002, 7:50 PM
I tend to use tavions Model, her arms look a lil funny when she walks, but i just liked her character, i'm a light-side player so it's like she's trying to embrace the light-side of the force...although i did use Jan when i first got the game
 enDless_Deliriu
04-15-2002, 8:01 PM
I use Jan's model. I just like it a lot, Tavion's is ok, but I think Jan looks more like what I play as (a light Jedi). Also, Jan's costume and the color scheme is pretty close to the Jedi Robes and stuff, just slightly altered or whatever.
 Chiori
04-15-2002, 8:06 PM
*still debates* Tavions arms look funny?

I wish I would be better with graphics (or someone could bring out new female skins or at least a remade tavion skin)...

Mara Jade I would like to play...
or Jaina Solo...
Or... *thinks*...

Chiori
 Pseudofun
04-15-2002, 8:10 PM
i too would like a *decent* Mara Jade model, as she's such a great character....

and yea, make tavion walk, or crouch walk...youll see what i mean, near her shoulders....it's like she's double-jointed :)
 Chiori
04-15-2002, 8:11 PM
If thats true I will take Jan I think.

*falls to her knees and begs* but please someone make new female models?

Chiori
 Neko Lain
04-15-2002, 8:13 PM
Tavion.
 UsEr-X-
04-15-2002, 8:32 PM
I like jan cause i got a nude jan model BWHAHAHHA!:eek:

UsEr-X-:fett:
 Pseudofun
04-15-2002, 8:39 PM
surely her jacket and belt thingy get in the way?

actually is there a way to get rid of that bulky jacket?, i wanted to edit her skin and try and make a mara jade one, without the jacket...hrmmm...*checks the editing forum*
 UsEr-X-
04-15-2002, 8:42 PM
make the file called "vest" transparent then it will work :)

Scarlet Widow
04-15-2002, 8:48 PM
i use Tavion myself, the running motions looks really odd on her but...i try to ignore it.
 Zodiac
04-15-2002, 8:56 PM
Jan's got a better butt.. so I always play with myself.. err. with her..
 Chiori
04-15-2002, 9:30 PM
I still havent notice anything different between teh way how Tavion walks and Jan.. to me the animations look teh same?

Chiori
 Pseudofun
04-15-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by UsEr-X-
make the file called "vest" transparent then it will work :)

how do i do this? i tried pointing the .skn file to a texture that wasn;t there for the vest..and it just took away jans body

i know there's some way to make it dissappear, i just don;t know how : /
 ChampionMrSocks
04-15-2002, 10:36 PM
Add the lines:
surfOff "torso_vest"
surfOn "torso_augment_off hips_torso_off"
...to the Jan section of the ext_data\npcs.cfg file.
 Pseudofun
04-15-2002, 10:49 PM
ok, i extracted the npcs.cfg file, and added the lines to the jan section...but nothing happened...does the file have to be in the base dir? or the base/ext_data/ folder?

sorry if i sound like a n00b, just never got into this editing lark before

will it make changes to MP too?
 ChampionMrSocks
04-15-2002, 11:12 PM
extract the npc.cfg file into an ext_data folder in your base directory, edit it, make a new winzip file in your base directory, open it, drag the ext_data folder onto the winzip window, click 'OK', close winzip, rename the zip file to something like myname.pk3 and you're done. Basically, you want it set up so you have a pk3 file with the new files (which are used instead of the defaults) in the correct directory structure.
 Pseudofun
04-15-2002, 11:27 PM
Ok great, it worked...will this apply to the MP skins too?

because as i said before, i wanna work on a Mara Jade skin..or is there a way to apply these changes in the .skn file?
 ToppDog
04-15-2002, 11:31 PM
It would be cool to see the skins for Jan & Tavion on the models from Deus Ex. Jan says, "Go upstairs & call the Trandoshans some bad names. I want to see you fight."
 Econ
04-15-2002, 11:55 PM
show the PICS man
 Pseudofun
04-16-2002, 12:13 AM
i did this by starting up in singleplayer mode, then loading a random map (bespin ffa) and spawning a jan npc

if ANYONE knows how to get this working in MP please let me know :)

http://www.geocities.com/Kai_m_21/jan_nojunk.jpg)

right-click/show pic if it doesn;t work or just go to www.geocities.com/Kai_m_21/jan_nojunk.jpg)
 Minimaul
04-16-2002, 1:07 AM
I like Jan. She's kinky.
 Chiori
04-16-2002, 4:09 PM
I will stick to Tavion for a bit. I just love that maniac laughter.

chiori
 princessliar
04-16-2002, 4:23 PM
I wish there were some more female skins (Mon Mothma doesn't really count - seeing her backflipping is just comical). Using a male skin with a name like "princessliar" gets you some weird looks (well it would if it were possible to give weird looks in JO - as it is it just gets you rather beaten up). I tend to play as the blue version of Jan with a blue saber.

My brother kept insisting Tavion could only afford one trouser leg. I pointed out that this was probably because she spent all of her disposable income feeding the crow that landed in her hair and trimming her beard.
 Soul-Burn
04-16-2002, 4:36 PM
HAHAHHHAHA

I use Tavion... she's so much hotter..
and no, that's not a beard, it's something to hold her mask up..

she has such a cute @$$ !!!
 Immortal LuD
04-16-2002, 5:12 PM
No way, Jan's ass is nice and tight...

Now Private Carrera is a different story! :p
 Valdarious
04-16-2002, 6:00 PM
Pseudofun do you always play the game that dark. I couldnt hardly see anything on that picture.
 Chiori
04-16-2002, 6:06 PM
I agree *g* princess liar would look odd on Solo ;).

So all skinners pelase hands up, who will do a female skin? *not naked and not lara croft like* ?

pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssse

Chiori
 Pseudofun
04-16-2002, 6:11 PM
Originally posted by Valdarious
Pseudofun do you always play the game that dark. I couldnt hardly see anything on that picture.

i thin it looks dark because of the white surrounding it

if not it's because of the gamma settings on my gfx card, it looks fine in game, but when i come back to desktop and load the pic it looks dark....oh well
 Chiori
04-16-2002, 6:21 PM
Don't want to disappoint you but without the vest Jan looks kinda... plain no? I mean just like something would be missing *g*

Chiori
 Clasa
04-16-2002, 7:37 PM
Somebody really should make a Jaina Solo and Mara Jade model, they're the too coolest females in star wars ever, although anakin and jacen solo would be even cooler! Anakin killed like 10 Yuuzhan Vong when he was 15!!!! The older Jedi like Corran are badass, but Corran had trouble with two, Anakin Solo is the coolest Jedi ever! Though I wish he had a orange saber or something instead of a purple one. I think jan is way cooler than Tavion, tavion is the equivalent of darkjedi dumpster trash, looks wise.
 acdcfanbill
04-16-2002, 8:44 PM
well, if we had al macdonalds great amount of skins for JKii we wouldnt be having this discussion though, would we :D

anywho, there should be a list of all the models avalible in the pk3 file i belive, i dont remimber how to get them though, maybe someone smart will come round this thread...

and on another note, i wonder why there were no female jedi students at the academy... and like one at the jedi council in Eps 1, wait a sec, i think these Jedi are sexist!!!:rolleyes: :D
 Spider AL
04-16-2002, 8:57 PM
I just have to ask: is it just girls who use the female skins? And if you're a male, why would you want to use a female skin? :D
 Pseudofun
04-16-2002, 9:04 PM
Originally posted by Spider AL
I just have to ask: is it just girls who use the female skins? And if you're a male, why would you want to use a female skin? :D

umm..ermm.....

actually the reason i use tavion is because i know when i've been hit..as most people use the male models..and the sounds are different...and jans ass is just distracting in saber battles :D
 Immortal LuD
04-16-2002, 9:07 PM
I answered that question before, and my statement remains the same.

I as a male, would rather spend my time looking at a FEMALE, rather than a guy.

Sorry, but I just don't like the looks of guys. Call me straight I guess. ;)
 BMWboy
04-17-2002, 6:03 AM
one of my friends hated the beard so much that he actually extracted the photo for her face and removed it. it was actually quite painless, taking all of 15 min., and she looks a hell of alot better now, but i dont think hes going to post it anytime soon:mad:
 Con. Snake
04-17-2002, 6:33 AM
I play as a Rodian almost exclusively, but on the rare occasion I want to use a different model I use Jan - Because(atleast to me) she looks like Lara Croft from behind :D

Or Mon Mothma if I wanna embarrass someone :)
 Kyp The Faith
04-17-2002, 7:12 AM
Hey guys, gals....there is another female skin that no one seems to know about or at least has not mentioned, at least sort of.

There is another version of Jan, sort of like how the heads of Jedi 1 and Jedi 2 models are also used on the prisoner model, Jan is also used as a Jedi Female model, only without her vest and goggles, etc.

Try spawning her in single player....if your not already familiar with the command for this, in this case, it's: NPC SPAWN JEDIF

Just thought some would like to know if they were looking for a less 'covered' skin to model with. Takes some of the work out out of it. At least it's a have decent model, and is more revealing then the original, without being naked!

Kyp.
 Chiori
04-17-2002, 8:07 AM
Is it possible to use that female Jedi skin in multiplayer? What does it look like? does anyone have screenshots? (*has the german version of the game and somehow cheats seem not to work in it*)

Chiori
 RiverWalker
04-17-2002, 8:13 AM
and why hasn't anyone made a model/skin of nearly naked RotJ Leia?
 Pseudofun
04-17-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by RiverWalker
and why hasn't anyone made a model/skin of nearly naked RotJ Leia?

someone has, check the editing forum..it still needs some work though...

and as for using JediF in MP you can;t that's what i was trying to do, Raven has said that you can;t remove her vest and other accessories in MP, you can however remove her goggles and chest computer (the lil box on her vest)

if you wanna remove Jans stuff in SP just extract the npcs.cfg, look at the info on the JediF model, and check the commands Surfoff blah blah blah, and surfOn blah blah blah, copy these 2 lines into jans Info (remember the " marks) save the file and put it into a .PK3 file

and now you have a less cluttered jan in SP...i'm currently working on my Mara skin in this way, when the sdk comes out i'll convert her to MP too
 Spider AL
04-17-2002, 11:27 AM
I as a male, would rather spend my time looking at a FEMALE, rather than a guy.

An excellent reason, and one I appreciate! However for myself, since my skin is my "avatar" in the world of JO, using a female skin just feels too much like cross-dressing.

/me shudders.
 Chiori
04-17-2002, 11:30 AM
http://joth.gamesweb.com/download/downloads.php?file_id=24)

This is a Mara Jade skin *has to try it out after work*

Don't know if it works and the websyite is german but the download is on that site so it should not be any problem to get it.

Chiory
 DarthMark
04-17-2002, 12:45 PM
No way, Jan's ass is nice and tight...

im sorry but when ur playin as either jan or tavion there butts are fat and wide, so wide that there legs r constantly apart
 Chiori
04-17-2002, 12:49 PM
Hey you perverts stop it *g*
Its a model in a game not a real life person and if she wуuld be real I would be really disgusted by your behaviour.

Chiori
 DarthMark
04-17-2002, 1:37 PM
was that aimed at me, iwas just commenting on what that other guy sed, i was saying that her butt could be sooooo much better
so shut up
 Chiori
04-17-2002, 1:45 PM
It was not 'only' aimed at you but you seem not to get what I meant anyway. Its a model in a game so her looks are purely artificial and not something one should get all 'hot' about. And if she were real then the way you are talking about her bottom would be really disgusting *Hey that chick as a tight ass! No her ass is fat and wide look at her legs!* *shakes head*

Chiori
 DarthMark
04-17-2002, 2:14 PM
fair comment
im sorry
 Immortal LuD
04-17-2002, 3:16 PM
Well hey, as long as there isn't a sack of nuts there, eh? :p
Page: 1 of 2