Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

RS Add-On Petition

Page: 5 of 5
 FireFly
09-30-1999, 3:39 PM
Oops, looks like ovienanavovie deleted his 2 posts...
 Acid Boy
09-30-1999, 4:20 PM
FireFly, I signed it.
Give us multiplayer, NOW!
Extend the life and the memory and the legend of Rogue Squadron http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)
You must comply by our wishes.

javatrippin@usa.net

[This message has been edited by Acid Boy (edited September 30, 1999).]
 Wedgey
09-30-1999, 5:09 PM
here are more people to sign the list:

johnweary@hotmail.net
dukapuka@ferris.net
thejoker@aol.com

yes, and in case you're wonderin', i obviously made these adresess up. do YOU GET THE MESSAGE, firefly? Just make up fake e-mail adresses and give 'em to lucasarts!
of course, that WOULD be lyin'...

------------------
No, please... GO AWAY! PLEASE GO AWAY!
 R.A.V.E.N.
09-30-1999, 5:31 PM
Yes it would, in addition to being insincere.

Heres my new (authentic) E-Mail:

theraven001@hotmail.com

------------------
And god said "Chicken, thou shalt cross the road" He did, and the people drank and were happy.
 FireFly
09-30-1999, 8:03 PM
Wedgey, please tell me... Are the address you gave me earlier valid (mia555@aol.com, bendude807@aol.com, phadshin@aol.com, kshin1999@aol.com, justinjug@aol.com, rennylive@hotmail.net)? If they arent I would have to remove them from the list. Sorry, but adding false signatures to the list isnt something I wanna do... Like R.A.V.E.N said it would be insincere. I hope you understand http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)
 Lujayne
09-30-1999, 8:07 PM
It would also be illegal, would it not?
--L.
 mikesample
09-30-1999, 9:49 PM
That would seriously rock, you've got my vote.

mikesample@ottawa.com

Kick ass dudes

Mike (Bigman) Sample
10-01-1999, 8:29 PM
Uhm, FireFly, please remove any e-mail addresses that guy Wedgey gave - it seems he's the sonofa***** who's been posting under the imposter nicks "Lt. Guillo" and whatever the other ones were...

I've already been in touch with certain individuals at AOL....I don't know if any action will be taken against him or not, but suffice it to say we DON'T want him tarnishing our good petition's sincere treaty with his personal brand of filth...it won't make us look any better to LucasArts, certainly....http://indigo.ie/~owenc/starwars/images/pissed.gif)
 FireFly
10-01-1999, 10:07 PM
Really, that was Wedgey? Tsk, tsk, and he wanted to be a moderator too...
 Lt Guilo
10-01-1999, 10:12 PM
Sure he did....and all of the access and security clearance that goes with it.

Somehow, I don't think he wanted to actually moderate, though.....
 Lujayne
10-02-1999, 2:17 AM
Man. And I checked his IP. Must've been using a different computer or something?
--L.<font size=-2>

[This message has been edited by Lujayne (edited October 01, 1999).]
 cz24
10-02-1999, 1:27 PM
Odd....
 Shootist
10-02-1999, 2:12 PM
Loved this game...found everything...shot everything. Yes, I want MORE!!!

-WSA6631577@AOL.COM-----------------
THANX

[This message has been edited by Shootist (edited October 07, 1999).]
 FireFly
10-02-1999, 4:53 PM
Please add your email, Shootist, or we cant add your signtaure to the petition. Thanks
 Darth~Maul
10-04-1999, 3:28 PM
YES
 Imladil
10-09-1999, 12:27 AM
Hear! Hear!
I would like to add my two cents' worth to the pile. And...I don't know if it's been brought up yet, but I would like to see a SPACE battle, people...!

ThrashUnitOne@silexicon.org
 bertys
10-11-1999, 8:36 PM
Sure . Great idea. And many tnx for helping me finished trench run whit gold.

------------------
BERTY
www.zyworld.com/bertys30/main.htm)
bertys30@yahoo.com
 Conor
10-11-1999, 8:54 PM
I'll add my vote just because it is a good idea. It doesn't really matter to me because my copy of Rogue Squadron got stolen right before XWA came out so I used the insurance money to get XWA.

I still had time to play everything in the game except the Naboo. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

cnorthup@ualberta.ca

------------------
God said, 'Let it Be,' and BANG, there it was.
-The real Big Bang theory
 Fens Woodlacto
10-13-1999, 9:20 AM
Count me in....

gtdite@rit.edu
 Diefnbaker
10-14-1999, 8:31 PM
WOW!! This petition has grown a helluva lot seince I last saw it at 92 replies! If were going to sens this to Lucasarts we should do it very very soon! With Force Commander and Episode One Obiwan coming out in early 2000 they might have there minds set on somthing else. I dont know though maybe we should wait untill after. N E WAY, I got to go, time to tell the Zone about this Petition.

------------------
"Do not defy the council master, not again"
-Obiwan Kenobi
 Hote
10-17-1999, 11:48 AM
Count me in

holtmw@okstate.edu
 fenix007
10-18-1999, 8:46 PM
Heyyy....... Guilo...... care to.. close this thread down.....
and let me be the last guy??/
andy_bob@hotmail.com
 FireFly
10-18-1999, 8:58 PM
Close it down?! nooo!
 FireFly
10-30-1999, 3:30 AM
... Just moving the thread back near the top, in case any of the newer members havent seen it...
 rebel_jediknight
10-31-1999, 8:01 PM
Firefly, have you considered sending this off to LEC yet? I have a bad feeling that we have about run out of new members who haven't yet signed.

Plus, it's going to take LEC a while to reply (I would think) and according to reports, they are going to be pretty busy in the next little while with that Indiana Jones game and some others... I thought that if we don't send this off soon, LEC might be too busy to even consider it!

------------------
"The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers."
 FireFly
10-31-1999, 8:21 PM
When I was going to submit the petition, I came across some bad news on the LucasArts website... This is an excerpt from their 'Communicate' section (see bold parts):

"Q: What exactly is an "Unsolicited Submission?"

A: An unsolicited submission is defined as the unrequested tendering of materials or ideas to LucasArts for consideration.

Q: What are some examples of unsolicited submissions?

A: Drawings and models of ships,vehicles, buildings, environments or characters for inclusion in a Star Wars game.
A script for a sequel to a LucasArts game.
A computer game you programmed.

Q: Is it possible to sign a waiver?

A: No. Unfortunately there are no "correct channels" through which you may submit an idea to LucasArts. For legal reasons we cannot solicit game ideas from outside the company and therefore do not accept unsolicited material which is sent to us.

Q: What will happen if I forward my ideas and material?

A: We request that you do not forward any materials to LucasArts. Any submissions will be returned to you unread and unviewed.

We hope you understand our need to consistently apply this policy.

Thank you."

So I guess this means the petition is good as dead. Oh well, all that work for nothing... *sigh* Sorry if any of you were expecting any results out of this whole thing...
 Lujayne
10-31-1999, 11:18 PM
Unng...Rats.
 Imladil
11-01-1999, 4:53 AM
Oooohh...! Why that just...why I...arrgghlbaarrgghl! Yappsqueeeeek! Zix! Zix! Aaarzgllblabbgh--yaaaaah! BANZAI!

It's enough to make me want to climb into my TIE fighter and seriously ZAP UP some corporate booty!

...Oh, wait. They own all the TIE fighters, if they were real, anyway. Nevermind.

------------------
"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the Mean

"Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?"

--Little Jimmy
 FireFly
11-01-1999, 6:40 PM
Yeah, I know it sucks... foo. Anyway I'm gonna see if Factor 5 will listen, and if they like the idea they might take it to Lucas Arts. Its worth a shot..
 Shootist
11-01-1999, 8:13 PM
WHOA, FOLKS. LET'S DON'T GIVE UP THAT EASY. I read that too and I got the distinct impression that the LucasArts blurb on "unsolicited" input refers to free lancers and wannabes for their own personal profit. I really don't think their marketing people are in that close touch with the development folks. They are two different entities (departments). I'm too stubborn to give up that easily!!
Besides, I'm pretty sure that LucasGames who sponsors this site monitors the petition's progress from time to time. Big Brother is probably watching now. Give up on RS? NO!

------------------
 Imladil
11-01-1999, 9:49 PM
Well, if anyone can tell me how to get to the Skywalker Ranch, I can print this petition out and take it to them!

My sword and I will make them see reason.

(I'm JOKING...relax! http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the Mean

"Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?"

--Little Jimmy
 Shootist
11-02-1999, 8:42 PM
Hey Firefly. In this case the word "consideration" translates to "for profit."
We aren't asking for any monitary consideration in any way are we? Let's don't give up.

------------------
 rebel_jediknight
11-03-1999, 6:16 PM
Well said, Shootist!
I agree. Let's keep a little optimism here!
Who knows, if they see the amount of names we have here they might consider it!

Besides, it's not as if we are doing this for "our own personal profit"- we just want to have fun!
Am I correct?

------------------
"The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers."
 FireFly
11-03-1999, 8:11 PM
No! You have misunderstood me, I'm not giving up! I submitted the petition to Factor 5 2 days ago, and I'm still waiting for a response. The problem with Lucas Arts, is we cant convince them to notice us. The corporate scum who reads the mail will probably just delete it and forget about it like their FAQ said they would. The only way we can get Lucas Arts to listen is if we find a way to notify the actual developers directly. Does anyone here know any people who worked on RS? Speak up!
 Shootist
11-04-1999, 7:11 PM
FireFly, I wasn't accusing you of giving up.
Please keep up the good work! My concern was for all the other RS'ers who may get disheartened. I sincerely hope your letter will work the magic we need. I wonder if anybody has given up...not me, and thank the FORCE, not YOU!!!
 FireFly
11-04-1999, 7:53 PM
Sorry, the comment wasnt directed at you Shootist. Perhaps I should have rephrased it. Anyway, I still havent gotten a reply from Factor 5, but I think we should give it a few more days. Again if anyone knows someone at Lucas Arts, speak up. it could really help with getting someone to notice the petition
 Imladil
11-05-1999, 5:30 AM
Get some bright young computer terrorist to do a bootleg version of new levels.
THAT will get their attention.

Aw, geez...I'm only kidding. I know it's bad. I know...

------------------

--Imladil the Three-Dimensional

"At the very center of the Earth, which way is down?"

--Little Jimmy
 rebel_jediknight
11-20-1999, 5:02 PM
Sooo... FireFly... any results yet?

------------------
What- You think you're some kind of Jedi, waving your hand around like that?

[This message has been edited by rebel_jediknight (edited November 20, 1999).]
 FireFly
11-21-1999, 11:24 PM
Nope, still havent gotten a reply. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/frown.gif) But I did manage to get a list of all the current (well, a few weeks out of date) signatures so far posted on <a href="http://www.free-parking.com/petition">http://www.free-parking.com/petition</a>) and I subitted it to several search engines. Hopefully Factor5 simply hasnt reviewed our email yet (as opposed to ignoring it).

[This message has been edited by FireFly (edited November 21, 1999).]
 Shootist
11-21-1999, 11:27 PM
I'm still hoping.
 rebel_jediknight
12-02-1999, 6:55 PM
I get the feeling we've been ignored...

------------------
---------
We're doomed!
 Shootist
12-02-1999, 8:01 PM
Yep.
 ovienandenobi
12-02-1999, 10:32 PM
HEY HEY HEY LET'S NOT GIVE UP HERE

------------------
If only you knew the power of the dark side
 rebel_jediknight
12-02-1999, 10:33 PM
Well we don't want to, but we have been waiting for a reply from Factor 5 for a couple of weeks at least...

------------------
---------
We're doomed!
 jl1887
12-04-1999, 4:12 PM
Im all for it
jl1887@yahoo.com
 FireFly
12-05-1999, 8:38 PM
If everyone who supports the petition emailed a letter to Factor 5, they might listen...
 ovienandenobi
12-15-1999, 8:40 PM
Capitol Idea, my good chap. Just give me an address, and I'll do it.

------------------
If only you knew the power of the dark side
 FireFly
12-15-1999, 9:48 PM
Here you go: contact@factor5.com

[This message has been edited by FireFly (edited December 15, 1999).]
 Sa Memax
12-16-1999, 1:08 PM
Just out of curiosity.Whats up with Factor 5.
 Sa Memax
12-16-1999, 1:10 PM
Warning Topic Off Course!
Petion sighning.
boba_fett51@hotmail.com
matt_heard@hotmail.com
Page: 5 of 5