Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Game Voice

Page: 1 of 1
 Letalis
06-08-2001, 2:27 PM
After reading Zero's post about Half-Life and the implementation of voice, something a bit more impressive came to mind: URL=http://www.gamevoice.com/gamevoice.asp]) Game Voice[/URL]

This isn't just software, you recieve an entire hardware set. It's purely for hardcore gamers. Whilst I don't have one, a friend of mine does, they are extremely impressive. Especially for those of you who play Mech Warrior 4: Vengence.

Feel free to look into it, I've only heard good things, oh, also it runs off MSN, so you can transfer you contact list from MSN to your Game Voice list. ;)

[ June 09, 2001: Message edited by: Letalis ]
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-09-2001, 2:59 AM
I have msn, but I don't use any of it's features.

I want it, but I don't wanna pay to play. :(
 Vagabond
06-09-2001, 4:34 AM
Wilhuf, myself, and many others use Roger Wilco. It's free and it works excellent, with insignificant impact on connection speeds. It's way better then typing messages, and superb for team games.
 Letalis
06-09-2001, 9:19 AM
Roger Wilco is great, but Game Voice is specifically designed for gamers, it has absolute minimal impact on connection. Quality is awesome, pretty much like the telephone...
 Sherack Nhar
06-10-2001, 9:41 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the biggest difference between the two is that Game Voice does come with a headset complete with microphone. It's pretty interesting for people like me who does not have a microphone yet.
 Archie
06-11-2001, 12:30 PM
Roger Wilco is pretty much designed for gamers as well...

Anyway, in game support for voice is far superior to either, no hassels with setting up separate voice servers, and everyone playing the game can hear, not just you and your friends.
 Darth Simpson
06-11-2001, 7:32 PM
Roger Wilco is located at www.resounding.com) (http://www.resounding.com) for those who wants to check it out.
 CaptainRAVE
06-11-2001, 7:40 PM
Roger Wilco is real good. Anyone here used it??
 Neko Lain
04-29-2003, 11:15 AM
Me and some friends tried that game counter strike with voices a long time ago, it was really fun, all we did was talk, we did not go around and kill people :cool:
 Acrylic
04-29-2003, 1:11 PM
Why....did....you.......bring.....back.....2.....y ear....old....post.....?????? :evil1:
 Sam Fisher
04-29-2003, 3:44 PM
You just don't do that man.....
 Neko Lain
04-29-2003, 4:03 PM
Ehehe :D
 BigTeddyPaul
04-29-2003, 6:21 PM
There are lots of oldies showing up. Our clan is experimenting with Team Sound which seems to work just fine as long as everyone has headphones because if not it resonates back into the microphone. There is also about a 2 and a half second delay but that is fine.

BigTeddyPaul
 ZBomber
04-29-2003, 6:43 PM
Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul
There are lots of oldies showing up. Our clan is experimenting with Team Sound which seems to work just fine as long as everyone has headphones because if not it resonates back into the microphone. There is also about a 2 and a half second delay but that is fine.

BigTeddyPaul

Long live Crimson Masters!!!!

Now, lets just fix my computer. :p
Page: 1 of 1