Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JO Radiant confirmed

Page: 1 of 1
 GonkH8er
11-17-2001, 1:28 AM
We all really guessed it anyway, but its now confirmed on the LEC outcast site.
 Wilhuf
11-17-2001, 8:27 PM
Spiffy. Now, when can we all get a copy ? ;)
 nykel007
11-17-2001, 8:33 PM
Can you all fill me in. What does this mean for editing JK2 in general.
 Seryl Cann
11-17-2001, 8:37 PM
There is still no comfirmation it will be publicly afailable, but I'm pretty sure it will be (although you never know with LEC).
 UGG
11-18-2001, 3:06 AM
I don't like how they have left this question out of their FAQ. It's been asked a LOT and they will not answer it. :mad:
 Wilhuf
11-18-2001, 11:43 PM
Ask at the Tuesday chat w/ Brett Tosti.
 SlowbieOne
11-19-2001, 1:17 AM
*Does patented dance* Woo Hoo! I've been using a hefty ammount of my time learning EFRadiant, so this makes my day. :D
 acdcfanbill
11-19-2001, 6:18 AM
i havent used any radient editoriors, are they easy to use?
 GonkH8er
11-19-2001, 10:28 AM
About 20 times easier than JED and JKedit in my opinion......
 acdcfanbill
11-19-2001, 4:22 PM
thats good, just the tinkering with JED i did was really difficult and confusing... never really did get the hang of it... good to hear that Radiant will be easier to use..
 jipe
11-21-2001, 5:57 PM
brush editing is much more intuitive, but JED is by far the best editor I've ever seen, especially in flexibility.
 h0rb
11-22-2001, 12:21 AM
i agree with jipe. in my vast editing experience, JED is - by far - the most versatile and functionally capable editor out there.
 Kurgan
11-22-2001, 2:44 PM
A few questions were left unanswered.. including this one. Oh well... still lots of good questions answered.

So let's see:

No coop,
No levitation,
No drivable vehicles,
No Jar Jar bashing,

amputations, but only in keeping "with the star wars universe" and cross hair in third person.

Interesting (and some work for the mod makers!). Here's hoping...

Kurgan
 ZeroAi
11-28-2001, 8:27 PM
Have any of you used both EFRadiant and Q3Radiant?

I'm hoping someone could tell me if they are almost identical or not? I own Elite Force but not Q3, and was wondering if there is such a difference between the Radiants to justify buying Q3?
 Wilhuf
11-30-2001, 8:37 PM
I would suggest that EFRadiant and Q3Radiant are not different enough to justify buying Quake3. Although I do recommend Quake3 as a fun game.

Also note that you can download and install Q3Radiant without needing an installation of Quake3. You could use Q3Radiant to edit your Elite Force files.

Or you could try GtKRadiant, another freeware Q3 Editor.
 UniKorn
12-05-2001, 4:41 AM
Originally posted by ZeroAi
Have any of you used both EFRadiant and Q3Radiant?

I'm hoping someone could tell me if they are almost identical or not? I own Elite Force but not Q3, and was wondering if there is such a difference between the Radiants to justify buying Q3?

They are both almost identical. You can create ef maps with q3radiant as well. Q3radiant is a little bit more stable on the rotation part, but on the texturing I prefer EFRadiant. I never used GTKRadiant, but it seems to be quite powerful.
 Oreckel
12-13-2001, 6:23 PM
I have all three, and they're all quite easy to use.
Like he said above, you don't need to buy Q3 to get Q3Radaint, it's availbe at www.3ddownloads.com)
And yes, they are almost identicial, but Q3Radaint will allow you to turn off Snap To Grid (Which EFRadiant didn't support) and that's pretty much it.
GTKRadiant is almost exactly idectial to Q3, except that the interface look like java.
EFRadaint is bacailly the same but no snap to grid avaible.

I use Q3Radaint personally :)

*fires up map*
 Cmdr. Antilles
12-13-2001, 6:31 PM
Yeah, EFRadiant is very easy to use.

I picked it up in about a month.
I can't wait for this game, and I think editing it is gonna be a breeze. (mapping, that is) Mostly because Raven is so cool about that kind of stuff. Think we'll get the JK2 .maps? :)

*edit*

Hey, orekel, what's up? It's Agent007 from the EF BBS. Know of any other EFer's here?
 jesseg88
12-14-2001, 3:05 PM
3D Downloads stinks! They got rid of those files! Use Fileplanet instead!
 Oreckel
12-17-2001, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by jesseg88
3D Downloads stinks! They got rid of those files! Use Fileplanet instead!
Yeah, but don't you think it's insane to wait in line?

Originally posted by Cmdr. Antilles
Yeah, EFRadiant is very easy to use.

Agreed.

Think we'll get the JK2 .maps? :)

Hope so; so far we haven't made raven regret releasing the EF map files (I hope ;) )

Hey, orekel, what's up? It's Agent007 from the EF BBS. Know of any other EFer's here?
Check in in Yoda's swamp, there's a thread there. :)
Page: 1 of 1