Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

Page: 5 of 5
 Keyan Farlander
02-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Dang it, now I want pizza.

Also, the power is out at my house. I have never been so glad to be at work.
 Rogue15
02-05-2014, 10:34 AM
i want beer. sweet baby jesus is amazing. hoping to go to bar after my buddy gets out of work today, they're playing "Spaceballs" there. :D
 Rogue15
02-05-2014, 2:34 PM
tearing through some homework!
 edlib
02-05-2014, 7:10 PM
Shoveling kinda sucked today. It was heavy and deep. And by the time I went out to do it, it was pelting an icy, sleety rain down on me the whole time. Not super fun. Hardly a winter wonderland.

Good workout though...
 Rogue15
02-05-2014, 9:57 PM
going away mentally for a while, gotta get my fitness level raised above all else.
 edlib
02-05-2014, 10:05 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with restringing guitars. I love how they sound and feel and play afterwards, and it's always really inspiring! I just hate the process of doing it.

The acoustic sounds great... but I think I'll go for a slightly lighter set next time around. It had lighter strings on it before, and while they didn't sound as good I was liking the way they felt. Maybe I'll just ditch the low E string, add a lighter top E string, and move everything else down one course. I think that would give the zippiness I'm missing now.
 Rogue15
02-06-2014, 8:09 AM
got my backpay from the VA for last semester's housing allowance. time to go get xbox one, new pair of running shoes, get my dog his shots, pay off my AR15, and go shopping for a sidearm. :)

games im gonna get for xbox one:

Battlefield 4
Dead Rising 3
Call of Duty Ghosts

:)
 Keyan Farlander
02-06-2014, 9:54 AM
Did you do a complete setup on the guitar, ed?
 edlib
02-06-2014, 10:03 AM
No. I'm pretty sure the strings on it were not the original gauge, so they did buzz quite a bit, and it had difficulty staying in tune with them. Both problems disappeared with the restring, so I think I've put the strings back on that it was setup for.

If I do go with a lighter gauge later, then I think I'll have to work on the truss rod and stuff. The bridge is adjustable with a couple of screws, which is nice. I brought the action up a touch yesterday.
 Rogue15
02-06-2014, 11:40 AM
got my xbox one, missed the main bus i was to take back here...hopped on another one that dropped me a mile away from my place. basically rucked back home ahaha. happy ****ing valentines day to ME!!!!!!!!
 edlib
02-06-2014, 8:05 PM
Why do the words "Gospel Concert" automatically equate in my life with "total chaos" and "abject misery"?

:(
 Rogue15
02-06-2014, 9:27 PM
dead rising 3 is crazy so many zombies
 Rogue15
02-07-2014, 12:45 AM
ok the downside of the new xbox is that the games are automatically installed from the disc, and this takes a long time...dead rising 3 has this 13gb update on top of that, and it's been a couple hours now and only at 81%, you can play the game while it's installing/updating though up to a point...frustrating...but the load times are really really fast. and by the way battlefield 4 is ****ing amazing.
 Keyan Farlander
02-07-2014, 9:50 AM
Well, I've been at work for 5 minutes and I already want to go to lunch. Guess I'll just settle for some coffee.
 edlib
02-07-2014, 10:23 AM
2, maybe 3 hours sleep last night. Good thing I'm only working a 16 hour day tomorrow.

Hopefully I get back from work early today and manage to sleep as much as I can.
 Rogue15
02-07-2014, 3:50 PM
dead rising 3 is nuts. killed over 1000 zombies so far. i love it! cant wait to see what other games are coming out this year, i can not wait for battlefront.
 Rogue15
02-07-2014, 11:01 PM
time for sleep...loh fml
 K_Kinnison
02-08-2014, 1:31 AM
Went to my nearby Brewing supply store. Bought everything i need to brew beer at home except the bottles. Including ingredients for a Scottish ale. Also the store makes it's own wine. my wife Bought a couple of bottles of port that came in a cute little mesh bag.

After doing some other shopping we came home and started unloading the car. The first thing my wife grabbed was the bottles of port, in the cute little mesh bag. The cute little mesh bag that did not have a strong carrying capacity. The Cute little mesh bag that failed spectacularly and tossed the two bottles of port on the ground and exploding. It was quite depressing.

Called up the store and explained what happened, and they offered to replace them for free. Which meant 30 minute drive out and back. Decided to pick up some more beer and a bottle of rum
 Ikhnaton
02-08-2014, 5:35 PM
The guy at the end of the commercial makes me think of Ed for some reason.

http://youtu.be/jHaeb0O5Oug)
 Rogue15
02-08-2014, 9:56 PM
land nav class all day long. we had a test, i did much better than i thought i'd do, but still room for improvement. change of command ceremony tomorrow, then gotta train all month for the pt test next month.

dead rising 3 continues to be awesome. :)
 edlib
02-09-2014, 10:53 AM
The guy at the end of the commercial makes me think of Ed for some reason.

http://youtu.be/jHaeb0O5OugHmmm)...
The really odd thing is that I was actually looking for this exact commercial not that long ago. I saw the "making fun of the client, blah blah blah..." part for a second or two while someone was changing channels, and I was curious as to what product that was for.

I've worked on mixing boards just like that one, and we do have that same chair that he's sitting in at work.
 Rogue15
02-10-2014, 12:00 AM
TWD episode was pretty cool. I had an overall good drill weekend. damn it feels good to be a cav scout.
 K_Kinnison
02-10-2014, 3:25 AM
In case you didn't know. I know and am good friends with a few Olympians. In the womans curling team I know Ericka Brown, and Debbie McCormick. I also know the alternate on the Mens curling team, Craig Brown who is the younger brother of Erica.

curled with Craig brown back in the early 80s in the Junior program in Madison. my Brother curling with Erica in a few Junior Bonspiels.

I know the Brown's parents even better, steve and diane are incredibly generous and friendly people. I also have played against and with Debbie's dad Wally Henry

and curling started today for the Olympics and i was able to watch the Mens prilimerary as Canada beat Germany in the final end
 Rogue15
02-10-2014, 7:12 AM
woke up early as ****...ready for classes today, got some great music playing on spotify to help me stay awake.
 edlib
02-10-2014, 11:03 AM
"Singleton's Inadequacy Reminder Day" is fast approaching! Is everyone prepared? Have you all girded your loins?

Maybe I should try to get a date for it...

Who am I kidding? My chances of scoring a date by then are akin to the odds of attempting to smuggle a live, adult giraffe into the White House undetected. One could put in the heroic effort into the endeavor... but the probability of pulling it off successfully seems catastrophically infinitesimal at this point. :dozey:
 K_Kinnison
02-10-2014, 12:24 PM
Valentines is historically one of the most likely days couples will break up.

It is also become one of the more marketed holidays, that does a really good job of making singles feel depressed.

In fact, my wife and I typically celebrate valentines day NOT on the day in question.

Tho we are going out to eat at one of our favorite resturants
 Rogue15
02-10-2014, 2:47 PM
hell, i got dumped between my birthday and valentines day. celebrating this year with Xbox One. :) actually going with a friend to Virginia. :)

I've been talking to this chick who lives in philly, she said she's interested in me, but without me having a car anymore and us being 2 1/2 hours apart if i did get a vehicle, i don't see it going anywhere...

truth is, i could care less because i never met her in person, and I just don't know...i'm enjoying having a bank account. i let her know about my car situation today (tho on my profile online i said i dont have a car), i bet that'll be a huge turnoff. :) oh well!
 edlib
02-10-2014, 4:39 PM
A guy I used to work for was telling me about all the great times he's been having through Adult Friend Finder. Really tried to sell me on signing up.

I just don't see that happening. I am many things... but a guy who is hooking up with random semi-anonymous skanks off the internet for one-night-stands is not something I'll ever be in this lifetime.

The fantasy is fun to think about... the reality of actually going through with it is just... ewww.
 Rogue15
02-10-2014, 10:14 PM
heh i ain't gonna lie, i checked out aff, it's a breeding ground for STDs, stay away!!!

Got a new pair of running shoes tonight, Asics GT 2000. expensive, but well worth the price, I'm going to run tomorrow morning, assuming it's not frost-bite cold out.
 Cmdr. Cracken
02-10-2014, 11:09 PM
Got a Nexus 5 with my phone upgrade. Really liking it now that i've got it all set up the way I wanted.

I also ordered my gf her V-day gift. She wanted a mechanical keyboard with the keycaps in a rainbow pattern.

Done.
 Rogue15
02-11-2014, 7:26 AM
pt or die all month for me. i need to pass my pt test next drill so i don't get flagged as a pt failure. 1-5 degrees outside, 2 mile run. can i handle it? guess i'll find out. more concerned about the walk back to the bus stop in soaking wet clothes. it's just asking to get some kind of upper respiratory infection. :( but i want to pass so i dont gotta take a ****ing pt test every ****ing month, that **** is annoying.
 Rogue15
02-11-2014, 10:26 AM
no more excuses for failing the pt test. pt every day!!!!!!!
 Keyan Farlander
02-11-2014, 10:28 AM
"Singleton's Inadequacy Reminder Day" is fast approaching! Is everyone prepared? Have you all girded your loins?

Got the bullet picked out and everything! Oh, that's not what you meant? I guess I'll just sit at the piano and sing this song, yet again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L6pQBHCSy4)

It's become my annual tradition :dozey:

Got a new pair of running shoes tonight, Asics GT 2000. expensive, but well worth the price, I'm going to run tomorrow morning, assuming it's not frost-bite cold out.

Broke in a new pair of running shoes myself this morning. 5 miles. It was like 7 degrees outside. My heart and lungs are now completely frozen and nonfunctional.
 Rogue15
02-11-2014, 11:42 AM
nice, that's further than i went...i stopped after a mile then did intervals for another mile. walked another mile to the bus stop then another 3/4 mile home. so far the shoes are great. i gotta get out and run every single day (even if there's snow and ice....) because i have a pt test next month and if i don't pass it i'll be really mad at myself.
 Wildstar
02-11-2014, 1:19 PM
I was actually able to run brackets for the big Monday night league here last night...$3 each, ran ten of them, and was able to take one entry out of each as my fee. Do the math. :)
 Rogue15
02-11-2014, 2:37 PM
i love bowling...think i'll be going every friday with some of my bros. it's a good time.
 edlib
02-11-2014, 2:47 PM
Got the bullet picked out and everything! Oh, that's not what you meant? I guess I'll just sit at the piano and sing this song, yet again...
It's become my annual tradition :dozey:Hmmm... We'll have to make it a long-distance duet.

Irony: Freddy Mercury never had trouble finding someone to love, from the stories I've heard... but I'm hardly an expert on the matter.

I do plan on staying off Facebook all day... maybe the internet as a whole.

There's just only so much knives twisting in my heart that I can take... And I've already pretty much reached that limit several years ago. Now it's just overkill. (Also a great song about being emotionally disenfranchised...)
 Rogue15
02-11-2014, 4:46 PM
pfft it's easy to find someone to love, finding someone to love that will love you back isn't worth the time or the effort, just get a dog.

on a more serious note, i think the girl i'm texting (one that messaged me on pof.com) might actually be seriously interested. but who am i kidding? lol times like this SUCKS not to have a car. but whatever, if she really likes me she'll come visit me. haha, ****bag move i know, but that's what good girls fall for, AM I ****ING RIGHT?
 Keyan Farlander
02-11-2014, 10:04 PM
Irony: Freddy Mercury never had trouble finding someone to love, from the stories I've heard... but I'm hardly an expert on the matter.

Yeah, well, it's not hard when you're a rich rock star. Although that comes with its own difficulties - when you're in that position, who can you really trust?
 edlib
02-11-2014, 10:45 PM
Fair enough... Although I'm about the furthest thing from a rich and famous rock star... and I still don't really trust anybody.
 Keyan Farlander
02-11-2014, 10:50 PM
Yes, but you're in an ideal position to murder one and assume his identity.
 edlib
02-11-2014, 11:25 PM
"I buried Paul..."
(It amazes me that there are still some people out there who actually believe that Paul McCartney died in the late 60's and was replaced by an imposter. Good thing they chose someone who happened to look, sound, and sing just like him; who was also a really excellent multi-instrumentalist; and who could also write the living bejeebus out of a pop song. It was really fortunate that guy was just sitting around, totally unrecognized before that...)

I dunno... Sounds like work. I'd actually have to start practicing for reals again.

No... I think I'll have to pass on that.
 Rogue15
02-12-2014, 8:32 AM
may get state active duty! :D
 Keyan Farlander
02-13-2014, 8:53 AM
My office is actually closed due to all the snow today. First time in the almost 10 years I've worked there.
 edlib
02-13-2014, 9:08 AM
The college hasn't closed yet, so I doubt I get a day off again. The show tonight isn't college related anyway, so a pretty big amount of money would be lost with a cancellation, so they'll be reluctant to do so.
 Rogue15
02-13-2014, 11:02 AM
because money>Lives

alot of places are closed down here today...ended up not getting selected for state active duty. though it just started snowing. lol uncertain if i'll be going to virginia this weekend.

Playing Battlefield 4's new map packs...they're great. Really looking forward to Star Wars Battlefront 3. :)

Does anyone on here watch The Walking Dead?
 K_Kinnison
02-14-2014, 12:29 AM
I stopped watching TWD because i really didn't care for the characters anymore. They all do stupid things that make me want to throw things at my TV. Rather watch Falling skies, which focus's more on the character,s with the Apocylpse they are in making a nice subtext to the relationships
 Rogue15
02-14-2014, 8:01 AM
lol yeah i hear ya k_k...i actually make bets on who's gonna die next. :) i still enjoy watching it though, but i don't understand all the hype around it.

I'm waiting for The Clone Wars to be put up on Netflix. I can't wait. :)

I played Battlefield 4 all day yesterday, recon class is the best...unfortunately the game isn't as good as the real thing. heh i love video games but they never show the amount of work that goes into maintaining those vehicles, weapons, and tactics. lol they'd be quite boring video games. I am really really hoping however, that they put the next Arma on the Xbox One. I'm considering a new PC that will let me play Arma 3 in the highest graphics.

I decided to send the girl I'm talking to a valentines day e-card through text message. She showed interest in me, even after I told her my situation with no job and no car. If anything it will creep her out and she may run away, or she will appreciate the gesture.

School was closed today, so that's nice. I read we're supposed to get hit again with more snow...my buddy wants me to come visit down in virginia this weekend, but there's problems with that...1st, i'd have to take my dog up to my parents so they can watch him, and 2nd: i dont think the roads are safe for that. idk, we'll see...i'd really like to go celebrate his 30th bday with him.
 Keyan Farlander
02-14-2014, 8:44 AM
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone. Where's the quaaludes?
 edlib
02-14-2014, 11:15 AM
I plan on sleeping as much of this day away as I can manage.
Page: 5 of 5