Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

Page: 4 of 5
 Rogue15
01-28-2014, 10:12 AM
don't they sell sleep aids for that
 edlib
01-28-2014, 3:44 PM
Yeah, but I didn't have any in the house. I've never used them before. I've never gone this long without sleep before, at least not when I wasn't doing it deliberately. But last time I did, I was in college, and 20 years younger than I am now.

I went out this morning and got some after I found someone to cover for me at work.

Got a couple hours sleep after that. But I'm a long way from being caught up.
 Rogue15
01-28-2014, 8:25 PM
it sounds like some form of insomnia. hope you feel better soon!

going to watch the state of the union address...then going to watch Murph The Protector right after...i think. lol that's my plan anyway.

I'm trying to get some of the guys in my platoon together about twice a week for some army conditioning drill pt. It should be fun even if just 1 person shows up for it. Also going to start going to the veteran group meetings just so i can start making more friends that are vets.
 Rogue15
01-28-2014, 10:32 PM
state of the union was pretty good, makes me want to vote democrat. hahahaha i can lie too!!!
 K_Kinnison
01-29-2014, 2:04 AM
Ed should have watched it, it might have put him to sleep. or if you wanted some comedy you could listen to the numerous GOP rebuttals.

Went to the dentist today to have a tooth ground down and a crown put on. (temp now). Spent 2 hours in the chair. First 45 minutes was impressions and waiting to get numbed down. had to numb me 3 times, once during the drilling part. Spent about 40 minutes staring out the window waiting while i pondered morbid thoughts.

So I started thinking dirty things about the cute assistant. Then I had to switch gears before it became too obvious what I was thinking about.

yea TMI... i don't care. I was miserable afterwards my mouth was numb for about 90 minutes later and now my jaw is sore.
 Rogue15
01-29-2014, 7:28 AM
i LOVE how he used a WOUNDED WARRIOR to sensationalize his speech. :( and he didn't even mention a ****ing thing about CUTTING RED TAPE to restore veteran benefits or even give us a pay raise. nah let's just bring in more immigrants! ok i'm done. i need my coffee.
 edlib
01-29-2014, 7:31 AM
Got 3, maybe 4 hours sleep last night. Making a grand total of 6-8 hours since Saturday morning.

That's enough, right? :dozey:

I took a pretty strong sleeping pill last night, and my body just shrugged it off like a bad joke. I've gone through half a bottle of Melatonin in the last couple of days, same thing.

Gonna head in to work. I still feel crappy, but I don't know what else to do.
 Rogue15
01-29-2014, 7:50 AM
match.com makes me laugh...i did a search, for women around 2000 miles, put in the no kids, conservative, other political view...only got like 8 results. really according to this particular site plus what i am looking for, there is not much out there for me!!! lol

funny thing is, i dont care anymore. just going to live my life and enjoy the friends and family that are always around for me. :)

matter in fact, going on a road trip to virginia valentines day weekend, that's going to be fun as hell. i was originally planning to go to the 'Cavalry Ball' my platoon sergeant had planned for us, but why spend $75 to go to that when i don't have a date for it? sure there's open bar, but i can get drunk for alot less than $75...
 Keyan Farlander
01-29-2014, 10:15 AM
Usually I don't find Valentine's Day super depressing, but damn is it going to suck this year. I'm already dreading it.
 edlib
01-29-2014, 11:28 AM
Usually I don't find Valentine's Day super depressing, but damn is it going to suck this year. I'm already dreading it.So sayeth us all.

My lady friend from the Cape has found someone apparently. I think she's back with her ex-boyfriend... But I'm not sure. Either way, that window of opportunity has now slammed shut... Not that I think it was ever really open for me anyways. But seeing her super enthusiastic FB postings about it over the last couple of weeks sure hasn't been helping me feel any better about it.

I'm trying to be happy for her/ them... But all this laying awake with already dark thoughts has only exacerbated my loneliness and isolation.

Another female friend has invited me over her place this weekend. I'm hoping a little social interaction helps... But I'm going to try to resist having hope or wishful thinking that it might lead to more. I never do myself any favors that way... Ever.
 Keyan Farlander
01-29-2014, 2:08 PM
Yeah, Facebook, exactly. Now we can get daily updates of how happy the women we adore are with other men. **** technology.
 edlib
01-29-2014, 3:13 PM
Hmm... yeah. True that. I may have to hide her posts for the time being, until things in my life are better.

Of course, I have nobody to blame about this but myself. I let myself think there might have been more there than there ever really was.
We really only saw each other 3 times since late November. I suppose I could have pushed the issue to try to get a definite resolution about it one way or another, to find out what she was thinking about it... but I'm sure that would have left me in exactly the same state I am right now... with her now feeling REALLY uncomfortable about me as well. Probably would have destroyed the friendship we had before this.

But, I'll eventually get over it all. I always do. I've had plenty of practice at it... :rolleyes:
 Keyan Farlander
01-29-2014, 4:06 PM
I suppose I could have pushed the issue to try to get a definite resolution about it one way or another, to find out what she was thinking about it... but I'm sure that would have left me in exactly the same state I am right now... with her now feeling REALLY uncomfortable about me as well. Probably would have destroyed the friendship we had before this.

I've stopped caring about that kind of thing. If you want to make an omelet, you've got to break some eggs.
 edlib
01-29-2014, 4:59 PM
I suppose... but she had also expressed how crappy the breakup situation was with this guy, and that she wanted to take time (she told me at least a year from the time of the breakup, which was a couple of months earlier...) to "work on herself" before really jumping into anything new. I took her at her word and didn't apply pressure. But she also seemed enthusiastic about making all kinds of plans with me to get together and do things as well.

I'm starting to think whenever a female uses that type of phrase: "I'm just way too busy to date right now..." or "I'm taking some time off to work things out..." it essentially means: "I haven't reached the point where I've hit desperate enough to date someone like you yet..."

And I'm clueless enough about these things (and usually still riding a wave of hope and wishful thinking) to take them at their word instead of reading it as someone trying to let me down gently.

But again... this was probably just all really ME reading my wishes into things that probably were never really there, and now having to pay the consequences of letting my imagination run away from me. I can't honestly say that I believe she did anything wrong.
 Rogue15
01-29-2014, 6:31 PM
yeah thats how i ended up dating girls with psychological disorders! but at least i got some, the way i see it had i not done that, my 20s would've been absolutely ****ing depressing, i'd literally be the 30 year old virgin! :( but as of right now i don't see myself getting together with anyone that would appreciate me for me and want to be around me.

heh the other week me and my friends went out at a bar met some cute girls and one of them i kinda liked, she asked me what i did...that was funny because i was between semesters, so i just was like know what this girl isn't interested ANYWAY so i said 'i do nothing' heh i think of myself like the guy from office space. no reason for my existence, it's all ****ing pointless anymore.

it's like i've gone past my expiration date, or was a defective product to begin with.
 K_Kinnison
01-30-2014, 10:32 AM
Over half of the problems people have with Obama have to do with a Republican house who thinks it is more important to try and defund the Affordable care act, then let Obama get credit for doing anything
 Rogue15
01-30-2014, 4:31 PM
I think we should get rid of the party system altogether, and as far as congress, term limits, and none of this 'lifetime benefits' hell even take away their benefits altogether like they tried to do to me and my brothers. no more "career politicians" i say. get a real job, or hell just pay them minimum wages. also the affordable care act isn't really affordable to some..

I got my hoodies in from gruntstyle.com today, went to boscovs at the mall and got 2 pairs of sweatpants for $23. good deal. also took the bus on the way in to school today, first time using the public transportation here, only used it because it stopped for me lol. much cheaper than car insurance, car repairs, and gasoline!
 edlib
01-30-2014, 8:00 PM
Make every American citizen do 2 years of government service once in their lifetimes... kinda like jury duty, or the way Israel has their army set up.

And the jobs will be randomly assigned... you might be a mail room clerk... you might be a Senator... maybe even President or a Supreme Court Justice. You won't know till the day you show up for work.

I don't think it would be a better system, or even a marginally workable one by any stretch of the imagination... but by god, would it ever be hella entertaining to watch!

:joy:
 Rogue15
01-30-2014, 10:07 PM
i'd love for them to bring the draft in so i could get an article 15 for hazing the hippies.
 Rogue15
01-30-2014, 11:28 PM
got alot of reading done...i think reading the chapter+my notes after will help me study? idk at least i take good notes...my ethics paper is looking like a challenge, though it's not due til later on. the paper i have to write for drugs & behavior is going to be relatively easy...think i'll get decent grades this semester. no more D's for this guy. ;p
 K_Kinnison
01-31-2014, 9:36 AM
I would just like a system where for every law that gets written the public can vote on it, instead of their Representative which is more concerned about being re-elected
 Keyan Farlander
01-31-2014, 9:55 AM
I would just like a system where for every law that gets written the public can vote on it, instead of their Representative which is more concerned about being re-elected

I don't think people have time to study every single issue in the depth required to make an intelligent vote on it. Unless we agree to have way fewer laws in general, which probably wouldn't be a bad idea.
 Rogue15
01-31-2014, 3:20 PM
 Rogue15
01-31-2014, 4:52 PM
found more **** to do that doesn't involve alcohol...

Laser Tag. gonna see if my buddies wanna do that after we go tackle a mountain tomorrow.
 K_Kinnison
01-31-2014, 11:30 PM
survival of the fittest!

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/579032_10151853813135841_2115892987_n.jpg)

That is not even a correct quote.

Btw, that quote obviously was a horrible job of paraphrasing of an aswer to a question then Sen. Obama took in Lancaster County.

here is the full quote

Q:
Woman: Why did you vote to reauthorize the Patriot Act? It’s the worst Act in America?

A:
It’s not actually true that the Patriot Act was the worst act in America. Most problems were done by executive order by George W. Bush. First thing I will do is call in my Attorney Gen. to review each of the orders and find out which undermine civil liberties, and I will reverse them with the stroke of a pen. The suspension of habeas corpus, the Guantanamo Bay detainees, that was all done separately from the Patriot Act. The first one I wasn’t’ there for. The second one, I worked with Russ Feingold to try and amend it to repeal some of its excesses. There were some things in the Patriot Act that were needed. Prior to Patriot Act we couldn’t wire tap any phone that wasn’t land-based. Nobody uses land-based phones anymore. Terrorists are not using dial-up phones Together with Russ Feingold, we instituted a series of amendments that changed some of the worse excesses of law. I taught constitutional law for 10 years, so I take it very seriously. The problem is George Bush bringing more power into the executive branch and not using Congress at all. I want to fix that problem.

Secondly because of the Republicans in congress having a record number of "Votes for cloture" aka Filibuster (http://governmentevolved.org/history/). The only way President Obama CAN get anything done now is via executive orders.

So that begs the question, is Obama using executive orders as a way to gain power? or circumvent a do nothing Congress?

Lastly, executive orders can easily be circumvented by congress or the next president.
 Rogue15
02-01-2014, 3:37 AM
lol god i was so drunk last night. my new year starts today!!!! zero more drinks for me...

Got a PT group set up on facebook with my friends as well as brothers from my unit, as well as future guardsmen...setting up fun events like tonight we're going to go play laser tag, might go hiking prior to laser tag. trying to get some form of organized physical training sessions at the local park in town, nothing more than conditioning drills that are taught in the military, and some running, and guerrilla drills. My goal with this group is to create a stronger bond with guys in my unit that live close by, as well as help out soldiers prior to them going to basic training, as well as them providing the motivation for ME to go out and lead PT with them on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I always take alot of **** at drill for posting **** on facebook, so I'm just going to use it as a tool to get myself and whoever wants to join the group in better shape without the use of a gym and weights.
 edlib
02-01-2014, 8:44 AM
Well it was Chinese New Year last night... So today technically is the first day of a new year on some calendar.

And I only know this because of the concert I worked for it last night... 16 bands in a row. We were there all day setting up, and the show was over 2 and a half hours long.

It was completely exhausting. So I actually slept pretty well last night! :)

Happy Year of the Horse to me!

Oh,.. and this: http://blog.mixonline.com/briefingroom/2014/01/30/prestigious-music-school-continues-yamaha-lineage-with-cl5-consoles/)

Our recent console upgrade got some press, and I gave an interview about it, some snippets of which made it into this press release.
 Rogue15
02-01-2014, 8:52 AM
hehe i actually was at a chinese buffet last night, without realizing the holiday til i ended up at the bar!
 Keyan Farlander
02-01-2014, 1:18 PM
Oh,.. and this: http://blog.mixonline.com/briefingroom/2014/01/30/prestigious-music-school-continues-yamaha-lineage-with-cl5-consoles/)

Our recent console upgrade got some press, and I gave an interview about it, some snippets of which made it into this press release.

Cool!
 Rogue15
02-02-2014, 5:10 PM
crazy weekend.
 K_Kinnison
02-02-2014, 5:14 PM
superbowl
superbowl
superbowl

Took the day off from work so I could enjoy it. Going to a friends place to watch the game.

Prediction 38-23 Donkeys over the Seagulls
 Nute Gunray
02-02-2014, 5:36 PM
I don't think people have time to study every single issue in the depth required to make an intelligent vote on it. Unless we agree to have way fewer laws in general, which probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

I read and interpret legislation professionally.

The average person couldn't even parse the sentences. Not because it's written complicated for the sake of complication. It's that way to make it airtight.
 edlib
02-02-2014, 8:50 PM
Got out for a walk today, since the temp was in the 50's. It wasn't a super long one, and it rained on me while I was out there... but it felt good.

Went to a small party last night an old friend who I haven't seen in over a year was throwing. I actually had a great time... which is rare for me. I usually cringe in fear at parties and fade deep into the corners. But everyone there was amazingly cool. My kind of people. I will go over there again if invited.
 Rogue15
02-02-2014, 10:12 PM
so the eagles won?

i blew the superbowl off to watch Seal Team Six on netflix. Better use of my time honoring and remembering people that are actually worth a damn.
 Cmdr. Cracken
02-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Seahawks blew out the Broncos.

On the plus side, the new Transformers movie has the Dinobots.
 K_Kinnison
02-02-2014, 11:24 PM
I haven't bothered with the Transformer movies since the last animated one.

Rather disappointed in the superbowl. The Division champions ship games tend to be the more interesting games.
 K_Kinnison
02-02-2014, 11:39 PM
I read and interpret legislation professionally.

The average person couldn't even parse the sentences. Not because it's written complicated for the sake of complication. It's that way to make it airtight.

Then they need to write a law in "Lawyerese" and have another written for laymen so they can understand. Better then having elected representatives totally ignoring popular opinion
 edlib
02-03-2014, 7:14 AM
I had a dream last night that I met Grumpy Cat on a train... like we were in an old spy movie.

I am certain this means something significant to my life... an important message from the cosmos... but for the life of me I cannot fathom what it could ever be.
 Rogue15
02-03-2014, 8:30 AM
my dog woke me up at 0500 to go out...then every 30 minutes thereafter. hoping classes go by fast today...it's snowing, of course my college doesn't close. :)
 Zargon
02-03-2014, 9:43 AM
I haven't bothered with the Transformer movies since the last animated one.

Rather disappointed in the superbowl. The Division champions ship games tend to be the more interesting games.

yeah total stinker. unless you are a seachickens fan
 Keyan Farlander
02-03-2014, 10:03 AM
I had a dream last night that I met Grumpy Cat on a train... like we were in an old spy movie.

I am certain this means something significant to my life... an important message from the cosmos... but for the life of me I cannot fathom what it could ever be.

I think it's this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zhPHK3CnBnM/UPvc5KEE4wI/AAAAAAAABZo/lDGBn-AahaE/s1600/grumpy-cat-part1-2-12-092020192.png)
 Rogue15
02-03-2014, 2:06 PM
just got more money from my college in the mail. God bless America. :joy:
 Rogue15
02-04-2014, 10:19 AM
time to go catch the bus and get some supplies, do some homework, go to school....

livin that post 9/11 gi bill life, son!
 Wildstar
02-04-2014, 1:26 PM
Forgot the first projection, but I had a valid excuse: Between my big sister's b-day and a short tournament at my bowling alley, I wasn't home much of the day on Saturday.

Projected year-end posts after January: 2,100

On a 2K+ pace even after the downtime in the middle of the month. :)
 Rogue15
02-04-2014, 3:03 PM
it's because i am here. :P
 Rogue15
02-04-2014, 9:43 PM
"there's this book..."
 K_Kinnison
02-05-2014, 1:37 AM
another "joyful" time at the dentist. Had my cleaning and the hygienist loosened my temporary crown. at least I was at the right place to get it put back on.

Otherwise, by gums and teeth are healthy ... wooo

My wife on the other hand had a cracked tooth, and is also getting a crown thursday.
 edlib
02-05-2014, 8:11 AM
Day off from work! Snow day! Whoo!

Time to do some laundry and grab the shovel. :dozey:

Think I may restring the new-to-me Ibanez acoustic today and pick out some fingerpickalicious tunage later, though.
 Rogue15
02-05-2014, 9:40 AM
day off from classes. meh, boringness ensues.

kind of on standby to standby for state active duty.
 K_Kinnison
02-05-2014, 10:00 AM
And last night while eating a pizza, my temp crown decided to break. Fortunately I was able to get in this morning and get a new one. Unfortunately that means i only had about 4 hours of sleep
Page: 4 of 5