Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TSL 2012 Exterior Upgrade

Page: 1 of 1
 Xarwarz
12-12-2011, 4:01 PM
 Zhaboka
12-12-2011, 6:45 PM
Interesting. Korriban looks a little... monotone? The Jedi Academy looks absolutely beautiful, great work there.
 Disturbed205
12-12-2011, 7:57 PM
I agree with Zhaboka, Korriban needs a little variation in color.

The rest look great, except- I'm confused as to why the tree trunk in the last picture has a texture consisting of leaves?
 Zhaboka
12-12-2011, 8:16 PM
Some sort of invasive vine maybe?
 Xarwarz
12-12-2011, 9:53 PM
Interesting. Korriban looks a little... monotone? The Jedi Academy looks absolutely beautiful, great work there.

I could provide a diffrent ground texture for corriban i was going for the reddish planet look however the buildings temples are not red

I agree with Zhaboka, Korriban needs a little variation in color.

The rest look great, except- I'm confused as to why the tree trunk in the last picture has a texture consisting of leaves?

Thats one of those shared texture from another area tsl has alot of those
 CptPriceless
12-12-2011, 10:01 PM
The textures look stunning man. :) Excellent work. But like Disturbed, I also feel a bit puzzled over the tree trunk consisting of leaves rather than bark.
 Xarwarz
12-13-2011, 12:42 AM
The textures look stunning man. :) Excellent work. But like Disturbed, I also feel a bit puzzled over the tree trunk consisting of leaves rather than bark.

Thanks looks.better in game....as far as tree trunk if anyone knows how to seperate shared area textures let me know
 Marius Fett
12-13-2011, 3:12 AM
^Hex editing, i'd imagine.
 newbiemodder
12-13-2011, 8:23 AM
as far as tree trunk if anyone knows how to seperate shared area textures let me know

You would really have to look at the individual model in gmax or 3ds max and see how they did it. It could be one of 2 ways. 1) different individual objects are applied the same texture. If so then Marius is correct, you could hex edit the individual instances to add different textures. Usually though it's this way--2) separate objects are grouped together and applied one texture, the objects are all over the model room ie floor, ceiling, trees, etc.....if it is this way then hex editing each part won't work.......as far as I know.
 Xarwarz
12-14-2011, 1:10 AM
I guess i should pay attention too the tutorials on here ill check out hex editing
 90SK
12-14-2011, 1:20 PM
I really like all the screenshots you posted, Korriban even could probably benefit from different lighting rather than more texture edits. As long as you keep in mind that the cracks depicted on the textures aren't 3D I think you'll be set. Your work looks great so far! :)
 Xarwarz
12-15-2011, 6:55 PM
I really like all the screenshots you posted, Korriban even could probably benefit from different lighting rather than more texture edits. As long as you keep in mind that the cracks depicted on the textures aren't 3D I think you'll be set. Your work looks great so far! :)

Korriban has a sunset lighting which is ok by me... the cracks in the texture have enough depth to create a shadow inside...thanks for the comment
 90SK
12-15-2011, 7:16 PM
Ooooh I didn't know that, very good then. Looking forward to seeing more progress! :D
 Kelvin
12-17-2011, 3:33 PM
Dantooine looks good but one detail. IMO the ivy texture and the grass one is a little out of context. Apart from that... Awesome.
 Xarwarz
12-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks..the ivy on building yea haven't gotten around to changing everything yet
 Zhaboka
12-18-2011, 1:01 PM
Wow! Telos looks very nice, much more oceanic.
 Kelvin
12-20-2011, 2:36 PM
Thanks..the ivy on building yea haven't gotten around to changing everything yet

Where do you get those textures from? I've been doing some textures for K1 & 2 and i have quite nice ideas in mind, but sometimes i really don't find the freaking textures, GAH!!!
 Xarwarz
12-21-2011, 3:15 AM
Wow! Telos looks very nice, much more oceanic.

Thanks

Where do you get those textures from? I've been doing some textures for K1 & 2 and i have quite nice ideas in mind, but sometimes i really don't find the freaking textures, GAH!!!

Internet there are sites that offer textures but there not seemless so thats the catch. You have to get a seemles texture program. You may get lucky and find some seemless textures if you type it in google
 Toasty Fresh
12-29-2011, 4:13 PM
Internet there are sites that offer textures but there not seemless so thats the catch. You have to get a seemles texture program. You may get lucky and find some seemless textures if you type it in google

CGTextures has a lot of seamless textures you can use, and you're allowed to release them in a mod in whatever form you want.

Also, can I suggest maybe replacing the skyboxes for some of these planets? (Unless you already have, I can't really tell)
 Gorgod
12-29-2011, 4:17 PM
Telos is amazing! It looks much cloudier and drearier, which is probably a good choice given the theme of K2.
 Xarwarz
12-30-2011, 2:55 PM
CGTextures has a lot of seamless textures you can use, and you're allowed to release them in a mod in whatever form you want.

Also, can I suggest maybe replacing the skyboxes for some of these planets? (Unless you already have, I can't really tell)

Yea thanks cg textures has decals just what i was looking for. The sky boxes where change on many planets a while ago

Telos is amazing! It looks much cloudier and drearier, which is probably a good choice given the theme of K2.

Yea thanks its a sci fi theme skybox
Page: 1 of 1