Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TSL: Handmaiden or Disciple (Playable)

Page: 1 of 1
 Aunvyrae
09-19-2011, 8:53 PM
So, I've been playing TSL, and I love how the Handmaidens look on Telos. I didn't know only the male can get one to join.

Then I was on Dantooine, and saw the Disciple. And frankly, I wasn't really impressed.

Is there a mod that allows you to choose between these two?

I'm not really a modder, so I can't say for certain. I think with a few constructive dialog edits, it might work out.

Something so that on Telos, you have the option to team up with the Handmaiden, or not.

If you get the Handmaiden, it changes things so that the option to get Disciple is turned off, as if you were male in the normal game.
 harIII
09-19-2011, 9:29 PM
It's definitely possible but unfortunately I don't have the time to work with it. I can barely find time to work on my projects. With any luck someone will have the talent and time necessary to do this...
 Aunvyrae
09-20-2011, 12:15 AM
So after stumbling through handmaiden.dlg, I've identified the string that leads to her joining up.

Unfortunately I'm at a roadblock on this, so I'm turning it over to the group at large.

(This comes from the "You may ask." line, that is found under the tree where she starts with "You fought well")
Reply: 130
Text: Why do you look different than your sisters?
Conditional #1: String Param (000_Hand_Mom_PC)

These leads to you having the option to say:
So you have a different mother...but the same father?

Before, she refuses to discuss it, and I'm pretty sure she never will if you are female.

The entry begins at 87.
"Yes, that is correct. I feel that I may trust you with such things, so I shall speak of it, if you wish to hear it."

No matter what you take on that tree, it always comes to her saying:
"I want to fight with you side by side"

The only problem to me is sorting out the conditionals, you get two options when this comes up, after some fight between the pair of you.

I do not wish to discuss it. If there is something else you wished to ask, you may do so.
Conditional #1: c_influence_bet
P1: 4
P2: 36
P3: 64

That is the female only version, I believe.

Yes, that is correct.
Conditional #1: blank
P1: 10

I think the easy switch would just be to swap the conditionals on those two. But I'm not sure how to initiate a fight between the PC and Handmaiden. The only scrap of dialog about her challenging me, leads her to say "It's not the time."

But maybe this is enough for someone to work through it and make it so Handmaiden is open to females easily. And from there, something can be done to block off Disciple if Handmaiden joins. And have him available if she isn't.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
09-20-2011, 7:23 AM
Good background homework you have done.

Stoffe made a mod, I think it was stoffe, Handmaiden's Choice?

It has been done, but it is more complicated than just that dialogue, as it changes a lot of conditionals for Atris scenes in the game.

Another option is to use KSE to change your gender to male before you enter telos academy. To do this though, you will need to keep it male, which will affect how Atton and others react to you. Switching back and forth will make a mess of things for sure!

It is known that this sort of mod has issues with TSLRCM; not sure if that is important to you but it is to most of us :)
 Aunvyrae
09-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Well that just really sucks.

Obsidian should have taken a note from Bioware and made them both available. Cutting off one or the other, just for a silly romance bit, was an unnecessary thing.

I do have the RCM installed, so I doubt that one would work. It's one reason I overlooked it in the first place.

There has to be an easier way for this to work.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
09-20-2011, 2:35 PM
^^^ Unfortunately, no there doesn't.

That is the way it is. Modder's cannot remake the game, they can only work with what they've got. Nothing easy about it unfortunately; what you are asking for is not a simple reskin, it is quite complex and involves some of the largest over-arching scripts in the game, including 003ebo's on_enter
Page: 1 of 1