Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[Kotor] The Jedi Civil War

Page: 1 of 1
 LordVader1
05-14-2011, 10:19 AM
THIS THREAD IS CURRENTLY BEING EDITED

Intro

PC - Male or Female

PLANETS
Corellia
Coruscant
Korriban
Dantooine
Mandalore
Concordia [Mandalore's Moon]
Nal Hutta
Exchange Freighter

NEW JEDI ORDER
The New Jedi Order was Created Right after the Sith Lords were Destroyed, the new Jedi High Council Members are, Master Juhani, Master Jolee Bindo, Master Dustil Drallig, Master Bastila Shan, Master Fy-Tor, Master Ulodas Quad.

PARTY MEMBERS

New Enemys
Sith Acoylate
Sith Adept
Sith Swordsman
 harark1
05-14-2011, 1:07 PM
COME ON!!!! Really you have to rewrite it again!!!???
 logan23
05-14-2011, 1:24 PM
Ewokes might cause some problems since you would have to re- model an existing model or make a new one.

I would suggest using another planet to save yourself any head aches
 Christos K
05-14-2011, 1:54 PM
Are you using KotOR I or KotOR II?
 LDR
05-14-2011, 2:07 PM
He said that it was for K1 in the other thread.
 LordVader1
05-14-2011, 2:51 PM
COME ON!!!! Really you have to rewrite it again!!!???

This One is Final. No more rewrites

Ewokes might cause some problems since you would have to re- model an existing model or make a new one.

Hmm ya your right, but im not Doing Ewoks I might as well do Czerka Officers, or Mandalorians or something just no Ewoks
 Dak Drexl
05-14-2011, 3:25 PM

Though not perfect, furry yodas have worked in the past to be a decent fix for this problem. If skinned right I'm sure it could look pretty solid.
 LordVader1
05-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Tomorrow Im starting the First Quest [The Explorer Under Attack]. [NOTE] WE NEED VOICE ACTORS!!!!! Characters Needed to be Voice Acted ON the Explorer, Lieutenant Thire, Republic Soldier. If you Would like to Voice Act these People post an Application on my Profile.

Example

Lieutenant Thire <-- What Character wanted to be Voice Acted.

Why do You want to Voice Act This Character? <-- Answer Question

LordVader1 <-- Your user

Have you Ever Voice Acted Before? YES or NO

Remember DO NOT post your Application on this Thread, Post it on my Profile
 LordVader1
05-18-2011, 8:10 AM
I havent Started on the Logo yet, because I would need Adobe Photoshop and Soon im getting it, probably in a week.
 LordVader1
05-20-2011, 7:19 PM
Ok I finished the Logo, Here it is

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=747&pictureid=8191)

I think its Pretty Good.
 Viado Onasi
05-20-2011, 7:54 PM
Ummm. Just for your information, you might want to change the name of the mod because the Jedi Civil War is part of Knight of the Old Republic (KotOR). You may want to rename it to The Jedi Civil War II or something. Just an idea.
 LordVader1
05-20-2011, 8:03 PM
Ummm. Just for your information, you might want to change the name of the mod because the Jedi Civil War is part of Knight of the Old Republic (KotOR). You may want to rename it to The Jedi Civil War II or something. Just an idea.

Yea I think your Rite. Ill work on it Immediately!
 Viado Onasi
05-20-2011, 8:07 PM
or The Second Jedi Civil War. Oh and for the Revan Poll, the best thing to do would be to put him on the planet that goes with the plot, something that would mean something to him, or a reason he was there.
 Christos K
05-20-2011, 9:02 PM
Tython, being a important planet to the "Force" and Jedi would be a good place for Revan.
 LordVader1
05-21-2011, 9:11 AM
Im going to REmake the Logo and put Some Changes
 Canderis
05-21-2011, 10:37 AM
Content is more important. I'd say save the logo till you will actually need it.
 newbiemodder
05-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Content is more important. I'd say save the logo till you will actually need it.

Agree. Don't put the cart before the horse.
 LordVader1
05-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Im Sorry I havent Posted Any Screenshots yet.

Maybe Later or tomorrow I will Post A Few Screenshots. I Know you guys want to see some screenshots.
 JebusJM
05-22-2011, 10:19 AM
I Know you guys want to see some screenshots.

This. When you start a TC, make sure you post screenies! I found that out really quickly. Post a screenshot, even if it's not much, it will spike peoples interest and keep them coming back for more.
 LordVader1
05-25-2011, 8:00 PM
WHO THINKS THIS SHOULD BE FOR TSL?
 harark1
05-25-2011, 8:24 PM
"Raises hand" I am more familar modding tsl, so I f you want me to help I would rather have tsl. And by now I'm kinda fed up with this mod being rewritten so many times.
 Knight_Revan_17
05-25-2011, 8:47 PM
Has any work been done on this mod?
 JebusJM
05-25-2011, 8:57 PM

3 days after saying he will post screenshots, but who knows, maybe work is being done. But as soon as he asked which game it should be for, I doubt it. Don't want to sound like an ass if work has been done, but we'll just have to take his word for it. Good luck, Vader, hope we see some screenies soon!
 LDR
05-25-2011, 8:59 PM
While TSL has better modules, using it for K1 would be much better. The modules in K1 will work better for the planets you have listed, especially because some of those planets ARE in K1.
 Knight_Revan_17
05-25-2011, 10:11 PM
3 days after saying he will post screenshots, but who knows, maybe work is being done. But as soon as he asked which game it should be for, I doubt it. Don't want to sound like an ass if work has been done, but we'll just have to take his word for it. Good luck, Vader, hope we see some screenies soon!
I suppose so. If I sounded like an ass, I apologize.
 JebusJM
05-26-2011, 5:47 AM
I Apologize for Rewriting the Mod AGAIN but i Think it would just be Better if I Switched it to Kotor

This One is Final. No more rewrites

I suppose so. If I sounded like an ass, I apologize.

You didn't sound like an ass. I for one actually want to see this mod, but with all the changes, I don't blame you for asking.
 harark1
05-26-2011, 5:57 PM
Being one of the people on the team I can say we had more work done before Vader rewrote it, at the moment I don't think we have any.
 LordVader1
05-26-2011, 9:10 PM
Ok I will change it to TSL, BUT Im not gonna Rewrite the Mod Again just a Few Changes.

1. Its gonna change to The Jedi Civil War 2 because TJCW 1 was in Kotor

2. Im gonna change the Party Members Around

3. Just A Few Changes to Planets

Corellia
Coruscant
Korriban
Dantooine
Mandalore
Concordia [Mandalore's Moon]
Nal Hutta
Exchange Freighter

Im gonna Tell more In a Few Days

I wont Tell the party Members yet, Its a Surprise, Well the Only people that are gonna Know are the People who are helping out on the mod.
 harark1
05-27-2011, 7:04 PM
Geez Nal hutta, do you want us all to die from the stink? Lol. But to be serious that might be hard to do as a reskin, so we would probally have to do a newly modeled area. I have no clue about that so you would have to find someone to do that.
 Dak Drexl
05-27-2011, 7:15 PM
Geez Nal hutta, do you want us all to die from the stink? Lol. But to be serious that might be hard to do as a reskin, so we would probally have to do a newly modeled area. I have no clue about that so you would have to find someone to do that.

Doubtful that you're going to find someone willing. However, skinning can do a lot more than you thing. Nal Hutta is swamps and stuff, no? I would personally go for Dxun or Dantooine, preferably a mix of each because it would be a little boring if you kept for example all the Dxun modules attached in the same way.
 harark1
05-27-2011, 7:44 PM
Well it's swamps and the hutt palalces. But that is a good idea, we should probally do that it could work. You got that vader?
 Dak Drexl
05-27-2011, 8:21 PM
Well it's swamps and the hutt palalces. But that is a good idea, we should probally do that it could work. You got that vader?

Then Dxun would be perfect for one of them! The palace entrance could be the tomb entrance, you know? Good luck with this :) I look forward to seeing some pictures.
 JebusJM
05-30-2011, 9:49 AM
Got any screenies for us, Vader? :)
 LordVader1
05-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Got any screenies for us, Vader? :)

The Planet Im Working on is Dantooine Im gonna Post Screenies Later but so Far This is Progress for Dantooine

Progress:

Dialog - 6%

NPC's - 14%

Journal Entries - 0% If Anyone wants to Help out on Journal Entries Please Post on my Profile About This.

Reskinning - 0%

Rebuilt Jedi Enclave - 0% [NOTE] Jedi will be in the Enclave.

Chrystal Cave - 83%

Dantooine Rebuilt Khoonda - 0%
 LDR
05-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Im gonna Post Screenies Later
I don't mean to be an ass here, but you always say that you're going to post screenies later. Are you even working on this at all? You've had this thread for at least 2 weeks, so you SHOULD have at least 1 screenie.
 harark1
05-30-2011, 1:30 PM
He has a point. Jus post a screenshot of some dialog or the area even if it's not finished.
 LordVader1
05-30-2011, 3:05 PM
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=747&pictureid=8218) http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=747&pictureid=8219)

Ya Its not Much, But At least I Posted a Screenie

Still Working on the Enclave, BTW does Any 1 know whats the File Name to Change the color of these? And Does anybody Know the File name to Change the Dialog Color?

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=747&pictureid=8220)
 Knight_Revan_17
05-30-2011, 3:06 PM
I don't mean to be an ass here, but you always say that you're going to post screenies later. Are you even working on this at all? You've had this thread for at least 2 weeks, so you SHOULD have at least 1 screenie.

He has a point. Jus post a screenshot of some dialog or the area even if it's not finished.

I agree. And after changing the "base game" from K1 to TSL, I could understand not adding any screenshots, but, you keep saying you'll add them, and we don't ever see them.
 LDR
05-30-2011, 3:41 PM
It looks like you tried to make the interface blue in TSL, but didn't quite finish it. Here:
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Blue_Interface_in_TSL;103121)

Just remember to read the 'Permissions' in the Readme.
 Sith Holocron
05-30-2011, 4:49 PM
A little suggestion ...
Record VO's last. You'll want to tackle the tough stuff first to ensure your horse gets out of the gate. Work on scripting, dialogue (and the plot), and your fight scenes before concerning yourself with petty things like logos and launchers.

Take this with a grain of salt. Good luck!
 LordVader1
05-30-2011, 5:58 PM
Just remember to read the 'Permissions' in the Readme.

There is no 'Permissions' in the Readme.
 Canderis
05-30-2011, 7:51 PM
A little suggestion ...
Record VO's last. You'll want to tackle the tough stuff first to ensure your horse gets out of the gate. Work on scripting, dialogue (and the plot), and your fight scenes before concerning yourself with petty things like logos and launchers.

Take this with a grain of salt. Good luck!

Like i had said earlier.

Also, ill be the next negative person here. That screenshot really does not show us a single thing. I could do that without even modding. Honestly, we really need something more than that.
 JebusJM
05-30-2011, 8:03 PM
I could do that without even modding. Honestly, we really need something more than that.

We wanna see new content! I'm hopeful that Vader will post more screens soon, this mod sounds like it'll be interesting if it's pulled off right.
 harark1
05-31-2011, 4:56 PM
... I meant a screen that has some custom content. Though if you notce there is a custom lightsaber handle, don't know if he made that or not.
Page: 1 of 1