Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

K1 Enhancement Pack

Page: 4 of 9
 Christos K
09-27-2008, 10:50 AM
DANG Awesome mod. I will definately be downloading this mod. However will it be compatible with Shem's Super Enhanced Mod or the Jedi Robe Model mod.
 SpaceAlex
09-27-2008, 6:55 PM
Is there any chance for alternate tatoos for Malak?

Like Joraks or Uthars?

I prefer Malak without tattoos, so I'm not sure if I'll bother. Anything is possible though.

DANG Awesome mod. I will definately be downloading this mod. However will it be compatible with Shem's Super Enhanced Mod or the Jedi Robe Model mod.

I don't have those two mods installed (have my own set of enhancements in place :D), but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be compatible. They seem to replace/add different files than my mod, so there shouldn't be any problems.
 plokoon87
09-29-2008, 2:01 PM
SA, I just thought of a real simple alteration that you could make that would make the game a little more realistic - give Trask a helmet. I mean, it just seems weird that a professional soldier would run into a skirmish with the Sith without a helmet. I have the "Republic Helmet" mod in my override, which as you may know allows you to put on Republic armor and a helmet, which looks really, really cool. But Trask without a helmet just looks silly.
 Ferc Kast
09-29-2008, 2:30 PM
Looks good so far.

SA, I just thought of a real simple alteration that you could make that would make the game a little more realistic - give Trask a helmet. I mean, it just seems weird that a professional soldier would run into a skirmish with the Sith without a helmet. I have the "Republic Helmet" mod in my override, which as you may know allows you to put on Republic armor and a helmet, which looks really, really cool. But Trask without a helmet just looks silly.

I tried that as a personal addition to that mod, but it seems Trask can't wear masks. (Which is what the helmet is in that mod.)
 Darth Payne
09-29-2008, 2:39 PM
Maybe the helmet got blown off?
 redrob41
09-29-2008, 8:01 PM
You think it's too shiny? It might look so on the screenshot... It looks great in-game (IMO). I've tried to make it less shiny, but the armor just doesn't look as cool, heh.
Well, :stick: I guess I'd have to see it in-game then ;). Maybe if the alpha channel had some variation or texture to it, it would break up the smoothness of the reflection?

Maybe the helmet got blown off?
Yeah, that's possible. Although, maybe he'd also have some new cuts from shrapnel? It's too bad Trask's head model has mirrored face, other wise someone could dirty up his head tga. Hmm...
 SpaceAlex
09-30-2008, 6:03 AM
Well, :stick: I guess I'd have to see it in-game then ;). Maybe if the alpha channel had some variation or texture to it, it would break up the smoothness of the reflection?

It actually does have it. :xp: Anyway, it really depends on what kind of place you put Malak. While he does look a bit too shiny on that screenshot, I really never was distracted by it in the game.
 ganoesparan06
09-30-2008, 7:38 PM
Can I ask you please keep Malaks head tats?

He just looks much better with them than without. Without he just looks like theres something missing from him. A little bit of his menace has gone...

Otherwise im really lookin forward to this.

Can i ask tho about Carth and Dustil?

In the game they look to only be around 10/11 years apart in age, i found a mod that made them look more like father and son. Will you be checking to make sure they do look like they are supposed?
 Christos K
10-02-2008, 10:45 AM
How about instead of asking to leave something out can you make this mod so the installer asks you if you want certain features of the mod to NOT be installed or just make it a typical WinRAR folder so we can choose.
 redrob41
10-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Can I ask you please keep Malaks head tats?

He just looks much better with them than without. Without he just looks like theres something missing from him. A little bit of his menace has gone...

Check out this earlier post:

As for the tattoos, I'm letting people choose a head with or without a tattoo.
SpaceAlex already has that covered ;)
 SpaceAlex
10-03-2008, 4:45 AM
How about instead of asking to leave something out can you make this mod so the installer asks you if you want certain features of the mod to NOT be installed or just make it a typical WinRAR folder so we can choose.

That was the plan. :¬:

Anyway, I have added screens of Jon (don't freak out when you see him :p) and Eli. Also, I'm thinking of turning Metales or Sandrals into a Chiss.
 Christos K
10-03-2008, 2:17 PM
Those robes in the screens. The Blue and Black one are they the newreskins for the Darth Revan's robe Star Forge robes. The models you have chosen for the Knight/Master robes I have never liked that model so I was think if you could release each part of this mod by itself like this for example so people wont be complaining about it overiting something they want or some other reason:
1. Plot Character Enhancment (this includes Party members Malak and other important characters.)
2. Armor Enhancment
3. Casuals Enhancments
4. Quest NPC Enhancments
5. Robe Enhancments
Not sure if you are gonna have any other packs.
Could you release them this way? I am simply giving a suggestion. Thanks for listening.
 SpaceAlex
10-03-2008, 6:56 PM
Those robes in the screens. The Blue and Black one are they the newreskins for the Darth Revan's robe Star Forge robes. The models you have chosen for the Knight/Master robes I have never liked that model so I was think if you could release each part of this mod by itself like this for example so people wont be complaining about it overiting something they want or some other reason:
1. Plot Character Enhancment (this includes Party members Malak and other important characters.)
2. Armor Enhancment
3. Casuals Enhancments
4. Quest NPC Enhancments
5. Robe Enhancments
Not sure if you are gonna have any other packs.
Could you release them this way? I am simply giving a suggestion. Thanks for listening.

If you'd read the first post in this thread, you would know that that's exactly what I'm planning to do.

And yes, those are new SF robes reskins.
 Christos K
10-11-2008, 1:45 AM
Ok cool I was just making sure that was what you were doing Thank for answering. Hows the mod coming along? Oh and I see you have lightsabers that are reskinned did you reskin lightsabers for all party members (Like the USM mod) or did you just reskin the models so they all still look the same which is actually what I am hoping for.

CK, as I see you edited this to put in some more content I'll let this one slide, but just an FYI further "Hows the mod coming along?" or "Is this project dead?" type posts will be considered spam. this goes for everyone else too. Thanks.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough this warning also goes for posts discussing where the mod will be hosted too, that is off-topic and needs to be done via PM's. -RH
 Sith Holocron
12-02-2008, 7:58 PM
As with other team configurations, if Juhani and Canderous were part of the player's team, they were supposed to have dialog with each other (specifically about the Mandalorian invasion of Cathar.) Since you're already doing work on her, will this be fixed too?
 whatthehell
12-02-2008, 8:17 PM
just got done looking at the newer screenies, and im hyped!!!
 SpaceAlex
12-03-2008, 4:21 AM
As with other team configurations, if Juhani and Canderous were part of the player's team, they were supposed to have dialog with each other (specifically about the Mandalorian invasion of Cathar.) Since you're already doing work on her, will this be fixed too?

I'm not aware of any such dialog. I know that you can ask her about Canderous, which was restored BTW, but I was not made aware of any banter between her and Canderous.
 Robespierre
12-03-2008, 5:46 AM
I'm not aware of any such dialog. I know that you can ask her about Canderous, which was restored BTW, but I was not made aware of any banter between her and Canderous.

Actually, I believe there is a conversation that was restored as part of Allronix's Dialogue Pack.
 SpaceAlex
12-03-2008, 6:43 AM
Actually, I believe there is a conversation that was restored as part of Allronix's Dialogue Pack.

I don't know about that. All I know is that I can't find anything in the original game files indicating that such dialog even existed. The only one that I'm aware of is the one where you ask Juhani about Canderous (as mentioned in my previous post). She tells you why she is weary of him, and some other things. There is no dialog of her actually speaking *to* him, as far as I can tell.
 Christos K
12-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Really What type of things does she say I am sure that would be interesting to hear even though it wont change Canderous always being #1 Badass tied with HK-47.
 darth-me
12-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Well done! They all look brilliant (pariticularly Bastila & Belaya :xp:) Can't wait for this to be finished.
 SpaceAlex
12-03-2008, 6:25 PM
Really What type of things does she say I am sure that would be interesting to hear even though it wont change Canderous always being #1 Badass tied with HK-47.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hv9DwnaZ2k)

Thanks to Sith Holocron for the link. ;)
 Salzella
12-04-2008, 9:36 AM
wow, this mod looks absolutely amazing. looks like a permanent override contender for sure :D
 SpaceAlex
12-05-2008, 1:05 AM
I feel it's time for a bit of an update: As you've undoubtedly noticed, there hasn't been an update on the progress in quite a while. That's mostly due to the fact that there's little to update; most of the skins & models are already finished, so I don't really have much to show. There are still a couple of skins left for me to do (mainly Dark Jedi ones), but I'm currently integrating everything that I've done into the game (scripting, file editing...). Except the mod to be finished quite soon, but not too soon (if there even is such thing).

Anyway, you can see screenshots of some of the things that I've finished a while ago (Metales, Sandrals [yes they are meant to look similar to the vanilla ones], Bandon, Lower City [take note of Hidden Beks]) on the first page.
 Darth Payne
12-05-2008, 7:06 AM
Metales?:confused:

I thought that was Matales, with an a?

And the Matales as Chiss? Very nice.

Oh, will the Bastila parts of this mod work with Silveredge9s Bastila Dark Side Head Reskin?
 SpaceAlex
12-05-2008, 4:30 PM
Metales?:confused:

I thought that was Matales, with an a?

Heh, a mistake on my part. Now that I think about it, Metales actually sounds very funny. :D ;) Anyway, I'm too lazy to fix the screenshot, so Metales it is. :D

EDIT: I've fixed the name anyway. It would keep bugging me (that little annoying voice inside) if I wouldn't. :D

Oh, will the Bastila parts of this mod work with Silveredge9s Bastila Dark Side Head Reskin?

No, but you can make it compatible if you want. Just some renaming, copying and deleting is required. :p Basically, all you'll need from his mod is the skin (which has to be renamed). My mod takes care of everything else without modifying Bastila's .utc (to ensure compatibility with hundreds of other Bastila mods).
 Darth Payne
12-05-2008, 4:43 PM
Good news indeed SA.
 Clone L68362
12-06-2008, 3:07 AM
Man...there's so many big good mods coming out for both games...and it seems like it'll be a while before they're done...how will I ever get a chance to do the most awesome playthrough of KOTOR ever when I have to wait for these and then download them all and then make sure none of them conflict...oh jeez.
 Christos K
12-06-2008, 11:23 AM
so this will be compatible with WotOR?
 DarthYuugi
12-06-2008, 12:32 PM
i love that belaya head

im going to convert it in to a selecteble pc head when this is released
good job:D
 SpaceAlex
12-06-2008, 9:31 PM
Man...there's so many big good mods coming out for both games...and it seems like it'll be a while before they're done...how will I ever get a chance to do the most awesome playthrough of KOTOR ever when I have to wait for these and then download them all and then make sure none of them conflict...oh jeez.

Terrible times, indeed. :D

so this will be compatible with WotOR?

Yes, I'm making sure of that. It'll also be compatible with BOS (not sure about to sequel, naturally), Recruitable Kay (provided that you don't install my Juhani mod, of course), and some other smaller mods.

i love that belaya head

im going to convert it in to a selecteble pc head when this is released
good job:D

Just remember that you have redrob to thank for the head model (he made the changes to the PFHC01 model). I only reskinned her.
 Christos K
12-09-2008, 4:03 AM
Ok cool this doesnt edit the Dantooine Crystal Cave module or anything does it? Because the Viridian Color Crystal K1 mod I requested does and it would be hard to change it myself so it is compatible.
 TriggerGod
12-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Ok cool this doesnt edit the Dantooine Crystal Cave module or anything does it? Because the Viridian Color Crystal K1 mod I requested does and it would be hard to change it myself so it is compatible.

Basically all hes doing is reskinning (and, in the case of some, having RR remodel them) to make skins more... top quality. It shouldn't make changes to the Cave.
 Christos K
12-10-2008, 4:08 AM
Ok just making sure he wasnt gonna have to reskin or remodel anything in the cave.
 SpaceAlex
12-10-2008, 9:56 AM
Basically all hes doing is reskinning (and, in the case of some, having RR remodel them) to make skins more... top quality. It shouldn't make changes to the Cave.

It's a bit more than that, but still... you're right about the cave. :xp: I'm doing my best not to replace any modules, but just the contents in them. This wouldn't always be possible without the scripts... bless them. :D
 Christos K
12-13-2008, 4:21 AM
Ok cool this mod is still fo 100% going to stay in my drive (well as long as KotOR is there too) Good work Alex. Just saw the lower city. Very nice I especially like their blue armor do you think it would be possible to give it to you once you SPOILERSSPOILER kill the Bek leader (is his name Zaadar) or once you bring back the Accelerator to him.
 SpaceAlex
12-13-2008, 11:05 PM
do you think it would be possible to give it to you once you SPOILERSSPOILER kill the Bek leader (is his name Zaadar) or once you bring back the Accelerator to him.

Sure, I guess that makes sense.
 Lucied
12-19-2008, 2:00 AM
making them chiss was an awsome idea
 Xarwarz
12-20-2008, 4:18 AM
Your Creations are very well done....
 Christos K
12-20-2008, 1:24 PM
About the chiss thing maybe the eyes could be a couple of shades greyer they seem to evil or Sithy.
 jonathan7
12-20-2008, 2:06 PM
About the chiss thing maybe the eyes could be a couple of shades greyer they seem to evil or Sithy.

Clearly my flu is getting to me as I'm going to have one of my rare harsh moments: generally your posts in this thread have been pointless - and just constantly bug SA with what are frankly pointless questions and revealed you hadn't bothered to read the rest of the the thread as you bugged SA about doing things he was already going to do. Now I'm sorry but as a skinner generally a criticism that comes in a post that short tends to be something I wouldn't listen to. I generally have a rule that if someone fails to put enough effort into a post, then should they be listened too?

As regards your general complaint, Chiss look like this; http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/Thrawn.jpg) if they are evil or not is irrelevant as their race 'looks' mean. Not that you can really tell that much from appearances, after all Ted Bundy was a rather good looking fellow, and Winston Churchill looks like an ugly dog.

[/End Rant]
 Christos K
12-22-2008, 4:01 AM
Yes I can see how some of my questions were pointless but has SA ever had a complaint about them and I was never asking or try to get SA to add something or do something for me just suggest things as many people on the thread were doing as well and SA even said Sure, I guess that makes sense. Thank you for the picture as I was not sure what a chiss looks like. I will try to add more worth into my questions to avoid confrontation again or possible flame wars :p
 SpaceAlex
12-29-2008, 6:19 AM
I finally found some time (and will) to reskin the Dark Jedi. So far, I only have females to show; the males shouldn't look much different, though (except that there will be three different Jedi Master variants due to the fact that there are more DJ males than females in the game [blasphemy :p]).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/SpaceAlex/Dump/KotOR0000e.jpg)

DJ Apprentice is on the left and DJ Master is on the right. If you have some *constructive* criticism, I would be glad to hear it. I'm unlikely to make any major changes (because I quite like it the way it is), but I'm willing to do some small modifications.
 fenix3279
12-29-2008, 6:29 AM
Wow, they look amazing. I love the metallic colors around the edges. Are they colored for rank? Like, is the burgundy colored one master?
 redrob41
12-29-2008, 1:58 PM
If you have some *constructive* criticism, I would be glad to hear it. I'm unlikely to make any major changes (because I quite like it the way it is), but I'm willing to do some small modifications.

I think you're correct; you don't need to change thier outfits, since they seem to be well thought out, balanced, and provide enough contrast so that there is detail yet have an overall darkness to them.

The only thing that ever really bothered me about the Dark Jedi, was that they all seem to be caucasian. It would be a nice touch to have some variation in the skin tones, but I realize that it would mean having 2 or 3 times as many tga files (download size considerations) for a minor detail. Just food for thought :)

Keep up the great work SA :D

Edit: :bluidea: maybe you could incorporate the Sith logo into the armour somewhere (perhaps the shoulder plate?). It would look wicked cool in shiny silver.
 Salzella
12-29-2008, 2:36 PM
wow, can you imagine how scary a dark jedi with black skin and sith eyes would look? it would be awesome. those dark jedi outfits are amazing btw, another great piece of work.
 DarthYuugi
12-29-2008, 2:46 PM
Them Dark jedi are just plain awsome

Teach me you're skinning secrets :D

btw Is Davik a unique head im too lazy to check my app2.da file at the moment:xp:

Good job on this im going to make this a permanant as soon as its released
 SpaceAlex
12-29-2008, 3:40 PM
Are they colored for rank? Like, is the burgundy colored one master?

Indeed.

The only thing that ever really bothered me about the Dark Jedi, was that they all seem to be caucasian. It would be a nice touch to have some variation in the skin tones, but I realize that it would mean having 2 or 3 times as many tga files (download size considerations) for a minor detail. Just food for thought :)

That's an interesting proposition. I would do it if you could actually speak to more than two female DJ in the game :D (maybe there's more, I can't quite recall). I might do something with the males, though; I like the idea.

Them Dark jedi are just plain awsome

Teach me you're skinning secrets :D

There are no great secrets, really. The more you use Photoshop, the better you get. It just takes time and patience, that's all.

I wouldn't call myself and expert by any stretch of the word; I consider my skills to be average at best. Still, as long as you make mods on par or of better quality than what is currently in the game, it's all good. I can't stand mods that make the game look or play worse. :p

btw Is Davik a unique head im too lazy to check my app2.da file at the moment:xp:

Yes, he is.
 Jammy-Jedi
12-29-2008, 4:43 PM
Nice work, I like the new look dark Jedi, much better than the slightly odd gray and purple colure ones.

Keep it up.
 Gargoyle King
12-29-2008, 4:53 PM
Vey neat work SpaceAlex, i especially like the work on the Sandrals & Matales, i always thought that they should've had a more "unique" look.
Page: 4 of 9