Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

K1 Enhancement Pack

Page: 2 of 9
 Sith Holocron
08-14-2008, 11:15 PM
I can't believe I've missed this before. I'll certainly be keeping my eyes on this project from now on.
 Darth_Voldemort
08-15-2008, 2:57 AM
Looks great so far, SpaceAlex! This will be a definite download from me! Just one question, if I'm not mistaken, you made a head for Marl, who, IIRC, is one of the duelists on Taris. If this is so, will you be making custom appearances for the other duelists as well?

~ D_V
 SpaceAlex
08-15-2008, 3:52 PM
Thanks for the praise, guys. :D

Just one question, if I'm not mistaken, you made a head for Marl, who, IIRC, is one of the duelists on Taris. If this is so, will you be making custom appearances for the other duelists as well?

Yeah, I'm planning to give them all an unique appearance. All of them except for Gerlon and Ice (just can't decide which face to would fit them) are already finished. Bendak and Marl also come with custom armor, which you will get after you defeat them.
 Sith Holocron
08-18-2008, 4:20 PM
Why not turn Ice into a Zeltron?

Here's a link for a Zeltron female example from TSL . . . I wouldn't use the same base though

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luxa)
 nine.roses
08-18-2008, 7:40 PM
I don't know. Zeltrons are heavily emotional and passionate... but exactly the opposite is true of Ice. If I were to change her appearance, I'd make her an Echani - white hair and bright blue eyes could only enhance her cold personality.

That said, I'm not sure whether Ice has a unique appearance or not...
 Sith Holocron
08-18-2008, 7:54 PM
I don't know. Zeltrons are heavily emotional and passionate... but exactly the opposite is true of Ice.

Good point - I withdraw the suggestion for Ice. But it might be nice to see some Star Wars species that we haven't seen in KOTOR1.
 SpaceAlex
08-18-2008, 8:14 PM
That said, I'm not sure whether Ice has a unique appearance or not...

She does not. She has one of the generic female faces.

In any case, the Echani sounds pretty good, but I'm not sure what one would be doing on Taris. Oh well, anything is possible. :D

Now to find the appropriate face...
 SpaceAlex
08-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Alright, guys, I've added and updated a whole bunch of things since my last major update. I'm too lazy to list all of the changes in this post, so it would be best if you would just head back to the first page and see the updated screenshot list. Enjoy! :D
 Emperor Devon
08-23-2008, 12:28 AM
These all look great! Love the new look you've given Ice.
 TriggerGod
08-23-2008, 12:32 AM
Hey, SA, I have a reskinned texture of the original Xor, which I released to Filefront. It is a TSL Mod, but since it is a ported asset, It should also work on K1. If you want to use it, just fish it out of Filefront, take out the texture file for the Xor Head, and use it. You can use it if you want, in your NPC Mod Pack. In case you needed some generic (or a character reskin <_<) Lethan Twilek head >_>
you don't have to if you don't want to <_<
 Jammy-Jedi
08-23-2008, 9:01 AM
Hey they all look really good Ice especially nice to see a bit of variation in KOTOR.
Keep it up.
 SpaceAlex
08-23-2008, 5:02 PM
Yeah, I'm quite satisfied with Ice. I think that look fits her perfectly.

Hey, SA, I have a reskinned texture of the original Xor, which I released to Filefront. It is a TSL Mod, but since it is a ported asset, It should also work on K1. If you want to use it, just fish it out of Filefront, take out the texture file for the Xor Head, and use it. You can use it if you want, in your NPC Mod Pack. In case you needed some generic (or a character reskin.

Uh, where exactly can I find that mod (I've searched FileFront, but I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to be searching for, it seems). Could you give me a direct link?
 TriggerGod
08-23-2008, 5:33 PM
Uh, where exactly can I find that mod (I've searched FileFront, but I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to be searching for, it seems). Could you give me a direct link?

Linkage (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Playable_Male_Twilek_Mod;92521)
 SpaceAlex
08-23-2008, 5:56 PM
Linkage (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Playable_Male_Twilek_Mod;92521)

Heh, I was looking at that exact same mod, but that Twi'lek on the screenshot wasn't reminiscent of Xor, so I thought there is some other mod that I wasn't aware of. :D

In any case, I'll see if I can put it anywhere. I have quite a number of Twi'lek heads already. :p I think I'll use the original Xor's head for Kandon Ark.
 Arбtoeldar
08-23-2008, 6:15 PM
Awesome work SpaceAlex :thumbsup::cool:
 jimstrom
08-23-2008, 10:00 PM
This project is the best thing ever!

One thing only, could you make Sunry wear a republic officers uniform, he is a republic war hero, and he is staying in Maanan for what reason? Must be some kind of duty at the Republic embassy, also if he wears a uniform, he looks representable at the court too.
 SpaceAlex
08-23-2008, 10:10 PM
One thing only, could you make Sunry wear a republic officers uniform, he is a republic war hero, and he is staying in Maanan for what reason? Must be some kind of duty at the Republic embassy

We all know what kind of mission he was on. :p

Anyway, your idea is not bad. I'll probably make him wear the Republic uniform when he shows up in the court, but leave him in normal clothes during his time in the cell. I think that makes the most sense.
 jimstrom
08-25-2008, 6:44 PM
Glad you like my idea. However i have another sugestion, are you gonna make the swoopbike racers unique too? if you do, could you please give them some protection for their eyes? It has always botherd me that those proffesional racers, are racing in the dessert, through dirty tunnels, and on water, and they don't wear googles? Suicide in my oppinon.
 Revan 411
08-25-2008, 6:48 PM
This mod is awesome! Very good photo shop skills you have! :D

A question though, will you be making one for KOTOR II?
 redrob41
08-25-2008, 7:58 PM
This is some excellent work! I really like what you've done with the Taris duelers, especially Ice. I didn't see Deadeye Duncan tho?

I think that your new Xor looks a little too much like Brejik with a beard and tattoos. The black hair is fine, but perhaps you could alter his skin tone a bit. I used the same head for one of my Echani, so here is a look at just how light his skin could be (although I wouldn't suggest going this light with black hair):
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6185/echm3kq8.th.jpg) (http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=echm3kq8.jpg)

Also, I think that your new Belaya is a little too similar to the Playable Character (I'm not at home, so I could be wrong). Perhaps she could be a little more unique (skin & hair colour)?
 zbyl2
08-26-2008, 5:16 AM
Someone asked this before. He'll make K2 version when TSLRP come out.
 SpaceAlex
08-26-2008, 5:31 AM
Glad you like my idea. However i have another sugestion, are you gonna make the swoopbike racers unique too? if you do, could you please give them some protection for their eyes? It has always botherd me that those proffesional racers, are racing in the dessert, through dirty tunnels, and on water, and they don't wear googles? Suicide in my oppinon.

Well, I was under the impression that they put goggles on when they actually sit into the bike. There's no reason for them to wear them all the time.

Yes, but it will take a while before it's done. I don't want to release it until TSLRP is out. That's why even I've decided to complete K1 version first, even though I've started working on the TSL version before it.

I didn't see Deadeye Duncan tho?

He already has an unique face.

I think that your new Xor looks a little too much like Brejik with a beard and tattoos. The black hair is fine, but perhaps you could alter his skin tone a bit. I used the same head for one of my Echani, so here is a look at just how light his skin could be (although I wouldn't suggest going this light with black hair).

Trust me, I've tried to make his skin tone lighter, but I wasn't satisfied. Dark skin color simply fits him better (it's actually quite a bit darker than Brejik's original skin). I've also added some wrinkles and stuff (hard to see on the screenshot) to make him look older. I don't know, perhaps I should have tried harder. I'm pretty satisfied with the way his face looks, though. I think it fits Xor nicely. If it really bothers you, I can try to make him look a bit different, though. Skin tone modification is pretty effortless. What takes time is getting it to look right in-game.

I have to warn you, though, that if you were looking at the SS of Xor at the bottom of the first page (where you can compare him with Brejik), you were not looking at the final version. There are some subtle (but noticeable) changes in the final version.

Also, I think that your new Belaya is a little too similar to the Playable Character (I'm not at home, so I could be wrong). Perhaps she could be a little more unique (skin & hair colour)?

Yeah, I'm afraid that head model is just so easy to remember that there's not much you can do by changing the the skin only. I've spent more time on that skin than you probably assume. If you put them side by side, they do look quite a bit different, but it would still be distracting for someone who was using the same head model for their PC. It was a mistake to choose that head for Belaya, I think. Sure, I could just transform her into an Echani and all problems would be solved, but not everyone can be Echani, can they? :D Or perhaps someone would like to alter the model? I'm afraid I just suck at modeling (or rather I refuse to get good for some reason). Everything I've tried came out looking ridicules... faces in particular. :D

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.
 nine.roses
08-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Sure, I could just transform her into an Echani and all problems would be solved, but not everyone can be Echani, can they?

Maybe this is your opportunity to use the Zeltron suggestion. ;)
 Pikmin
08-26-2008, 10:17 AM
A Cathar and a Zeltron...
 SpaceAlex
08-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Does that look good to you?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/SpaceAlex/Dump/KotOR0000.jpg)

lol... It can be improved, but that's pretty much how pink looks. :D
 redrob41
08-26-2008, 5:42 PM
Well, she certainly looks pretty in pink (:rolleyes: at self), but I don't think that Zeltron is the way to go (just my opinion).
Or perhaps someone would like to alter the model? I'm afraid I just suck at modeling (or rather I refuse to get good for some reason). Everything I've tried came out looking ridicules... faces in particular. :D
If someone were to re-do the model, what did you have in mind? Prominent cheek bones? Hollow cheeks? Buffant hair style? Cleft or pointy chin? Puffy lips? A smile? Slanty or narrow eyes? Thin or pointy nose? Like any person in particular?
Oh, and what did you rename the .mdl .mdx & .tga to?
 SpaceAlex
08-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Well, she certainly looks pretty in pink (:rolleyes: at self), but I don't think that Zeltron is the way to go (just my opinion).

I'm trying to avoid doing Zeltrons myself... pink people are just weird looking. :D

If someone were to re-do the model, what did you have in mind? Prominent cheek bones? Hollow cheeks? Buffant hair style? Cleft or pointy chin? Puffy lips? A smile? Slanty or narrow eyes? Thin or pointy nose? Like any person in particular?

It doesn't matter as long as it looks believable. Perhaps just changing the hair and cheek bones would be enough. I wasn't satisfied with any of my creations, so I've decided that I won't get into modeling at all... lazy, I know :p.

Oh, and what did you rename the .mdl .mdx & .tga to?

N_BelH
 nine.roses
08-27-2008, 7:38 AM
I'm trying to avoid doing Zeltrons myself... pink people are just weird looking. :D

Yes. :)

Perhaps if you made her a deeper shade of red and recoloured the eyes (like Lyshaa (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lyshaa) perhaps?). I'm sure this wiki page (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Images_of_Zeltrons) may help you find something you like.

Though you could be right. Perhaps it is not the right look for Belaya.
 EnderWiggin
08-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Looking great! Keep them coming ;)

_EW_
 SpaceAlex
08-30-2008, 3:15 AM
Alright... redrob41 was kind enough to alter the Belaya head model for me. She now looks much different than the PC head model. He also added an extra mesh, so that I could give her a little scar on her right eye. The rest of the skin has also been altered to fit the new model.

The screenshots are where they always are. In addition to Belaya, I've also updated Sunry and Bendak; I've added Helena as well. That's all for today.
 Emperor Devon
08-30-2008, 4:29 AM
Oooh, I like the new look Sunry has. Have you thought of giving him the medal he mentions in-game to top it off?
 SpaceAlex
08-30-2008, 6:29 AM
Oooh, I like the new look Sunry has. Have you thought of giving him the medal he mentions in-game to top it off?

The medal is probably evidence. :D I doubt they would give it back to him before the trial is over.
 Emperor Devon
08-30-2008, 7:09 AM
:doh: D'oh, you're right. Forgot the Selkath got their hands on it.
 jimstrom
08-30-2008, 8:01 AM
Wow, Sunry sure looks alot better in uniform, i also like the changes you made to Bendak, and the clothes you gave Helena, however, i don't see much resemblence when i compare Helena and Bastila. If it could be done, how about using Bastilas head, but make it old and wrinkled, then anyone could see the likeness of the mother and the daughter instantly?
 maugomale
08-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Got another nice little suggestion for you SpaceAlex, but I'm not sure you're gonna approve it. How about changing the appearence of another character close to Juhani?

Dak Vesser. He can be found in the Valley of the Dark Lords on Korriban. If you come with Juhani on your party and ask who is he. She will recognize him and later you can ask her about her past relation with him. Problem is Dak, like many other NPCs in the game, uses a generic human head. My idea would be to change it to something more unique, but as soon as you talk to him with Juhani, he leaves Korriban to never be found again, making said change kinda useless.

It's just a little idea, but it's your mod, do it as you see fit. I look forward to seeing the final release! =D
 Ctrl Alt Del
08-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Simply astounding work, SA! I'm officially your fan now. ;)

As I saw the images on the first page, I noticed that you turned Xor into a human, that became clearer as I saw Maugomale's suggestion a few posts after. The radically altered appearances of the duelists on Taris are quite a sight to sore eyes. Your work there (especially with Ice, that seems to have been on Telos for some time, heh) and with the unique Twi'leks are the best so far.

Another NPC I'd like to see changed if you approve is Jagi, the mandalorian that challenges Canderous to a duel at the dunes. Since you're changing side-quests based characters, you might as well do the same with him.
 redrob41
08-30-2008, 1:28 PM
The skin you've done for the new Belaya head is great. I especially like how you've touched up the eyes, and given them more dimension. The DS eyes look amazing :emodanc:

Anyway, I'm glad I could help out with the model. You've got a fantastic mod going here, and I can't wait to see who else you touch up.
 Watcher07
08-31-2008, 12:36 AM
These look great SA, wish I had more constructive comments beyond a good pat on the back, but man, you're doing a great job. You and Redrob41 nailed the belaya head, looks amazing. Keep up the good work!
 SpaceAlex
08-31-2008, 1:51 AM
Thanks for the feedback, all of you.

If it could be done, how about using Bastilas head, but make it old and wrinkled, then anyone could see the likeness of the mother and the daughter instantly?

They would look too much alike, I think. Although there are people out there that resemble one of their parents so closely, they are very rare. Most of the time, the child's face is a combination of mother's and father's. Bastila's face could very well resemble her father's more than her mother's. That would explain why she has her mother's personality. A child gets something from each parent. :D

Not to mention that some people would freak out if they saw old Bastila sitting there. :D

Got another nice little suggestion for you SpaceAlex, but I'm not sure you're gonna approve it. How about changing the appearence of another character close to Juhani?

Dak Vesser. He can be found in the Valley of the Dark Lords on Korriban. If you come with Juhani on your party and ask who is he. She will recognize him and later you can ask her about her past relation with him. Problem is Dak, like many other NPCs in the game, uses a generic human head. My idea would be to change it to something more unique, but as soon as you talk to him with Juhani, he leaves Korriban to never be found again, making said change kinda useless.

Another NPC I'd like to see changed if you approve is Jagi, the mandalorian that challenges Canderous to a duel at the dunes. Since you're changing side-quests based characters, you might as well do the same with him.

I was planning to give them both one of the PC faces.

Don't think that's a problem, though. If your main character and one of the NPC's happen to have the same face, the game will automatically replace the head with a backup head who's name (number) you must enter in the appearance.2da. If you don't, the NPC will be without head. :D The game doesn't allow, under any circumstances, for anyone to have the same head model (with the same name) as your current PC. It's a neat little feature, I must say.

I could still change my mind and give them both an unique face, though. It depends on how lazy I'll be. :xp:
 Sith Holocron
08-31-2008, 1:10 PM
Is there any chance for some unique Selkath models as well?
 Pikmin
08-31-2008, 2:48 PM
I was wondering, for the K2 version. There were a few unique heads that were cut, like Hussef on Nar Shaddaa. Also for Fassa could you make a unique skin for his toydarian model, so he doesn't look exactly like Quello when TSLCR is installed?
 Ferc Kast
08-31-2008, 3:03 PM
All the heads/appearances look very awesome so far; Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:
 Pikmin
08-31-2008, 3:24 PM
Yeah, yeah I know. But I've had that included in TSLCR since January, it's nothing new. I was asking if he was gonna use it.
 SpaceAlex
08-31-2008, 3:30 PM
Is there any chance for some unique Selkath models as well?

Nothing is final yet, but I don't currently have any plans for them. It never really bothered me that they all look the same. Don't know why. Still, I could do a few recolors of the existing textures if you feel that will help.

I was wondering, for the K2 version. There were a few unique heads that were cut, like Hussef on Nar Shaddaa.

Yes, I'm planning to restore them (for completion's sake). So far I have only found Saedhe and Hussef... let me know if there are others
Also for Fassa could you make a unique skin for his toydarian model, so he doesn't look exactly like Quello when TSLCR is installed?

Yeah, sure. Initially, I was going to make him a Toydorian and change his skin, but I guess I'll only change his skin now, since you've already done all the rest.

If you'll give me permission, I would like to include the work you've done on Fassa in my mod because I'm planning to make him do more than just stand there and do nothing (especially since he's always complaining how busy he is)... unless you've already done it (or planning to) yourself, of course.
 plokoon87
09-02-2008, 5:37 PM
SpaceAlex, this mod looks awesome!:D I was just wondering how is it coming, and when do you think that it will be released?
 TriggerGod
09-02-2008, 5:49 PM
and when do you think that it will be released?
Not to speak for Alex, but...
:wid:
 Pikmin
09-02-2008, 10:32 PM
@Alex. Sure, I'll send you the stuff in the morning. Saedhe is the guy looking for the sensors right? Doesn't he already have one, It's set in his utc file...
 SpaceAlex
09-03-2008, 2:12 PM
Not to speak for Alex, but...
:wid:

SpaceAlex, this mod looks awesome!:D I was just wondering how is it coming, and when do you think that it will be released?

Trigger's right. I could release this tomorrow if I wanted to, but it wouldn't be as complete as it will be if I release it one month from now. That's how if is with these sort of things.

@Alex. Sure, I'll send you the stuff in the morning. Saedhe is the guy looking for the sensors right? Doesn't he already have one, It's set in his utc file...

Yeah, you just have to change his head in the appearance.2da...
 Pikmin
09-03-2008, 2:26 PM
I just want to say I really like ALL the modified appearances for K1, they look great. Esecially Belaya. Are going to alter Dustil's K2 head at all?
 SpaceAlex
09-03-2008, 2:39 PM
Are going to alter Dustil's K2 head at all?

I don't really have a reason to, do I? I guess I could give him a more "insane" look, but he's not my top priority. I don't even know if I want to see him restored. We'll see...
Page: 2 of 9