Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

K1 Enhancement Pack

Page: 3 of 9
 zbyl2
09-03-2008, 3:07 PM
Pikmin propadly asked because he requested Dustil's head (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=191109)and) no one respond to him... Oh, I respond, but no idea why I just stopped making it.

By the way, fassa.dlg usign in TSLCR is my file (I made it looooong time ago and now it's in TSLCR), same with lip synch for fassa, isn't?
 plokoon87
09-03-2008, 3:14 PM
Space Alex, I don't know if you've done these characters yet or not, I'm just making some suggestions. If you have done or are making plans to redo these, ignore my suggestions.:xp:

Kebla Yurt, Ignus the Hotel guy on Manaan, Firith Me the Pazaak player on manaan, Gelrood, Garouk, Niklos, Sarna, Zelka Forn. These are just a few NPC's i could think of that have those same old generic faces.

Also, is there any way that you could add some more "generic" heads, just so there is more variety in the common citizenry? Again, if you are already doing that or plan to do it, ignore me.:lol:

Thanks for doing this mod. I don't have a clue how to make the models look that good, but from your screenshots, this is going to be a big and successful mod, I rekon probably one of the most popular downloads on KOTORfiles.:D
 Darth Payne
09-03-2008, 3:30 PM
I have to say that i'm really liking what i'm seeing here.

This is looking like a definite DL for me.
 redrob41
09-03-2008, 4:25 PM
Say, for Gerlon Two-Fingers, are you going to alter the model so that he actually has only two fingers on one hand? As it is in the game, it sounds like he just lost the ability to use them, but they're still attached. Still, it might look cool if his hand was actually mangled.

Also, will you be changing just Bendak's armour, or will the new tga be for every yellow Mandalorian in the game?

They all look great now that they don't wear the exact same combat armour. I like their individual looks. What kind of armour does Deadeye wear?
 SpaceAlex
09-03-2008, 4:32 PM
By the way, fassa.dlg usign in TSLCR is my file (I made it looooong time ago and now it's in TSLCR), same with lip synch for fassa, isn't?

I see. I'll make sure that you get proper credit for your work, then. :)

Kebla Yurt, Ignus the Hotel guy on Manaan, Firith Me the Pazaak player on manaan, Gelrood, Garouk, Niklos, Sarna, Zelka Forn. These are just a few NPC's i could think of that have those same old generic faces.

Yeah, they're all getting a different look. It may not necessary be an unique look, but you definitely won't meet two or more major NPC's with the same head on one planet.

Also, is there any way that you could add some more "generic" heads, just so there is more variety in the common citizenry?

Well, some of heads that were previously restricted to PC only are now used for generic NPC's. This doesn't mean that you could meet your twin brother or sister if you happen to choose the same head that I put on an NPC, however. I explained why a few posts up.

Say, for Gerlon Two-Fingers, are you going to alter the model so that he actually has only two fingers on one hand? As it is in the game, it sounds like he just lost the ability to use them, but they're still attached. Still, it might look cool if his hand was actually mangled.

I don't know... it never really bothered me that much. Perhaps something could be done with one of the armor's alpha channels...

Also, will you be changing just Bendak's armour, or will the new tga be for every yellow Mandalorian in the game?

He's unique. Generic Mandalorians have their own unique look. The screenshot is also on the first page.

They all look great now that they don't wear the exact same combat armour. I like their individual looks. What kind of armour does Deadeye wear?

One from the original game. A fairly cheap one. :D
 JCarter426
09-03-2008, 4:49 PM
Say, for Gerlon Two-Fingers, are you going to alter the model so that he actually has only two fingers on one hand?
He actually has a full hand, but three of the fingers are paralyzed. I think it's Marl that explains it.

Oh, and everything is looking great as usual. :)
 Astor
09-03-2008, 4:59 PM
I didnt get time to check this out till now, but i'm pleased that I did - you've created soem really impressive work here.

I can't wait to see these new faces in high-poly glory!
 SpaceAlex
09-03-2008, 5:03 PM
He actually has a full hand, but three of the fingers are paralyzed. I think it's Marl that explains it.

You're right, I just checked. I had forgotten about that. It's been a while since I actually played the game. :lol:

I can't wait to see these new faces in high-poly glory!

Well, the new faces don't really have a higher poly count. What they do have is higher resolution textures. You won't meet any of the super low-poly NPC's (they can be seen on almost every planet in Kotor) in the game anymore, though; I've replaced those with "normal" kotor models.
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-03-2008, 5:04 PM
Wow, I really like all of this stuff, Space Alex! I can't wait for the release!

One thing, though:

Belaya (whose new look I absolutely love, by the way). Is it possible you could give us a choice between two dark side skins, one with and one without "Sith eyes"? I'm kind of a minimalist with it, to be honest. In my game, the only people that have them are the PC should you go dark, Darth Malak, Uthar Wynn and Jorak Uln. I've always believed that they should be reserved for either the really powerful dark siders or really insane dark siders; and having too many "Sith eyes" running around seems redundant to me and sort of waters it down.
 SpaceAlex
09-03-2008, 5:23 PM
Belaya (whose new look I absolutely love, by the way). Is it possible you could give us a choice between two dark side skins, one with and one without "Sith eyes"? I'm kind of a minimalist with it, to be honest. In my game, the only people that have them are the PC should you go dark, Darth Malak, Uthar Wynn and Jorak Uln. I've always believed that they should be reserved for either the really powerful dark siders or really insane dark siders; and having too many "Sith eyes" running around seems redundant to me and sort of waters it down.

I agree with you, except that I consider Belaya to be the really "crazy" darksider. :D I felt that giving her a full dark side look is appropriate, judging from the way she reacts when you kill her love. :xp: When you meet her on Korriban, she's totally insane with grief and anger... far more than any other studens in the Academy.

That's at least what I think. I can still include a version of DS Belaya without the Sith eyes, though. It's not a big deal.
 redrob41
09-03-2008, 5:27 PM
Yeah, I just always thought that it would look cool if he was waving his blaster pistol around with only two fingers. Oh well, it's not a big deal.

One from the original game. A fairly cheap one. :D
Good ol' Deadeye, he goes for quality all the way :xp:
 Endorenna
09-03-2008, 6:24 PM
I'm blanking. Who the heck is Belaya?!?!?!

That aside, I really like her head. I don't suppose her face could make it into the PC selection...? Probably not. Oh, well, always worth hoping! :)
 Pikmin
09-03-2008, 6:42 PM
She is the Jedi who yells at you for not wearing padawan robes.
 JCarter426
09-03-2008, 6:44 PM
AKA Juhani's girlfriend. ;)

Yeah, I just always thought that it would look cool if he was waving his blaster pistol around with only two fingers. Oh well, it's not a big deal.
Yeah, I think it would look cool too. Marl's dialogue is really just an excuse the devs made up to explain why they didn't bother to give Gerlon only two fingers. :p
 Pikmin
09-03-2008, 6:55 PM
I think it could be cut, because some of the other ingame dialog suggests the fingers are gone.
 plokoon87
09-03-2008, 6:57 PM
Hey SpaceAlex, I just thought of something else. All the Republic troops have the same face. Any plans to change them? Also the Sith Governer of Taris looks the same as all the dark Sith apprentices with the gold armor. It'd be cool if those guys had different faces from each other too.:)

I'm just curious, how long does it take to reskin a character, give or take?
 TriggerGod
09-03-2008, 7:00 PM
AKA Juhani's girlfriend. ;)
Its getting hawt in here. :naughty:
Anyways, top notch skinning here. If you ever need some help with some skinning, tell me what you want, send the files to me, and I can help. ;)
 Endorenna
09-03-2008, 7:13 PM
She is the Jedi who yells at you for not wearing padawan robes.

Oh, her! Okay. Query: What's all this about meeting her on Korriban? (I've only played KotOR through three times, still don't have all the side quests.)
 Darth Payne
09-03-2008, 7:18 PM
You meet her on korriban if:

1:you kill juhani
2:Korriban is your first planet outside Dantooine

She's standing near Mekel.
 Miltiades
09-03-2008, 7:21 PM
Long time since I checked up on this. Amazing work, I love all the new skins. Very well done. :)
 Pikmin
09-03-2008, 7:35 PM
You do have to talk to her in the enclave though, after you kill Juhani.
 Darth Payne
09-03-2008, 7:44 PM
Heh, oops.

I forgot about that.

I've stopped killing Juhani due to an infinte DS point, credit and Eralam location on Korriban i can only get if i have Juhani in my party.
 Endorenna
09-03-2008, 11:37 PM
I have to kill Juhani!!!!!!

Dangit...

(starts working out savegame arrangement to do this and still get Juhani)
 plokoon87
09-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Something else I wanted to ask: Are the Sith troopers going to have those awesome silvery armor suits like the ones in the screenshot of the Upper City of Taris in the "no more lo-poly models screenshots? Those look way better than the original brass/gold ones.:disaprove
 SpaceAlex
09-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Hey SpaceAlex, I just thought of something else. All the Republic troops have the same face. Any plans to change them? Also the Sith Governer of Taris looks the same as all the dark Sith apprentices with the gold armor. It'd be cool if those guys had different faces from each other too.:)

We'll see...

I'm just curious, how long does it take to reskin a character, give or take?

It depends. If you're a perfectionist, it can sometimes take up to 12 hours, but that's rare. Usually, it takes around 3 - 5 hours. What takes the most time is not actually skinning, but trying to get it to look right. :D

Something else I wanted to ask: Are the Sith troopers going to have those awesome silvery armor suits like the ones in the screenshot of the Upper City of Taris in the "no more lo-poly models screenshots? Those look way better than the original brass/gold ones.:disaprove

I don't know what you mean. The majority of the Sith wear the silver armor. Only the Heavy Troopers are in the red.

With that said, I am restoring a set of silver armor (well, it's just a different skin of the armor that we're already familiar with, really) that was supposed to be reserved for Commanders, but Bioware never used it for some reason.
 plokoon87
09-04-2008, 10:46 AM
In my game the Sith Troopers wear a golden colored shiny armor. It's not silvery, it's golden. That's weird. I would much rather have the silver armor than that brassy stuff. The silver armor looks waaay better.:D

Hey something else I just thought of. You know how when you go to get the swoop accelerator from the Vulkers, and Kandon Ark says "I see you are not wearing the Hidden Bek colors..." They dont exactly have colors. I think it would be cool if you would make some kind of standardized uniform for the Beks to wear, with "Bek" colors. Just an idea.
 Drunkside
09-04-2008, 11:47 AM
YAY very cool... I will download, and use almost everything. Not the caucasian pc head, since i prefer my own blue eyed skin:p yah thats ruthless advertising of myself:xp:

yeah that brass/silver thing is pretty odd, on the first comp i had kotor installed to, they had brassy colored armors and now with another computer they wear silver...
 Bimmerman
09-05-2008, 2:29 AM
Looks great so far! I really like the Belaya model and texture; any chance of getting that particular texture and model to replace a player character model? I like how that model looks better than the original models.

Thanks!
 SpaceAlex
09-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Hey something else I just thought of. You know how when you go to get the swoop accelerator from the Vulkers, and Kandon Ark says "I see you are not wearing the Hidden Bek colors..." They dont exactly have colors. I think it would be cool if you would make some kind of standardized uniform for the Beks to wear, with "Bek" colors. Just an idea.

I've thought of doing that, but I think someone has already done it. Search KotorFiles for it.

In my game the Sith Troopers wear a golden colored shiny armor. It's not silvery, it's golden. That's weird. I would much rather have the silver armor than that brassy stuff. The silver armor looks waaay better.:D

yeah that brass/silver thing is pretty odd, on the first comp i had kotor installed to, they had brassy colored armors and now with another computer they wear silver...

Ah, some cards render the shaders differently than others. If your card's responsible for the gold armors, my mod won't change anything. Which graphic card do you have, anyway?

Looks great so far! I really like the Belaya model and texture; any chance of getting that particular texture and model to replace a player character model? I like how that model looks better than the original models.

You'll be able to replace it yourself when the mod's released. If you don't know how, there are some tutorials on this forum that can help you with that, I think.
 plokoon87
09-05-2008, 10:21 AM
I have an ATI Mobility Radeon X300. That is kinda weird how that works. Is there any way to manipulate the armor so that it becomes silver with my card? Also, I just checked KOTORfiles, and no files exist with the Hidden Bek colors in them.

Just a quick question: how many MB is this mod gonna be? :)
 Darth Payne
09-05-2008, 10:22 AM
About the Bek and Vulkar color thing.

It is true that someone did that, but if i remember right it didn't include everyone of the gang memebers.

Besides, variety never hurt anyone. I think.
 SpaceAlex
09-05-2008, 11:40 AM
I have an ATI Mobility Radeon X300. That is kinda weird how that works. Is there any way to manipulate the armor so that it becomes silver with my card?

Perhaps something could be done by making the CM_Baremetal environment map texture a bit lighter, but it still won't look the same as on my PC. Anyway, I'm surprised KOTOR even runs on that card, to tell you the truth. :xp:

Just a quick question: how many MB is this mod gonna be? :)

I have no idea, ATM. :D It will definitely be over 100MB, since a texture with a resolution of 512x512 takes 1MB of HD space. And there are a lot of new textures...
 jonathan7
09-05-2008, 11:42 AM
I have no idea, ATM. :D It will definitely be over 100MB, since a texture with a resolution of 512x512 takes 1MB of HD space. And there are a lot of new textures...

I have a policy with Mods that improve graphics - if they're not big - I'm worried ;)

I can't wait for this mod to come out SA - tis looking like a wonderful piece of work :)
 plokoon87
09-05-2008, 12:10 PM
It actually runs very well on my card, and I actually have AA turned up to 4x I think and Anistropic Filtering is all the way up, and it works fine.

I am glad this is a large file. In my view, larger files mean better files:D

Btw, how would I go about making that armor look silvery? What is the process? Do I need GIMP?
 SpaceAlex
09-05-2008, 5:08 PM
I have a policy with Mods that improve graphics - if they're not big - I'm worried ;)

You've got that right. :thumbsup:

It actually runs very well on my card, and I actually have AA turned up to 4x I think and Anistropic Filtering is all the way up, and it works fine.

That's a surprise. At what resolution? 1024x768?

I am glad this is a large file. In my view, larger files mean better files:D

Ah, good. I thought you were one of those with slow connection. :xp: Even if you would be, it will probably weight no more than around 30mb when zipped (7zip FTW).

Btw, how would I go about making that armor look silvery? What is the process? Do I need GIMP?

Check your PM!
 plokoon87
09-05-2008, 7:56 PM
Yeah 1028x768.
 Watcher07
09-06-2008, 1:14 AM
Hey SA, I was wondering if you know any modders who can give the skyboxes in both KOTOR and TSL a face lift? The skyboxes that are in game now, especially Taris, lack a lot of detail in the skybox. I was wondering if you know of anyone that has done that or would be willing to?

I know its to SA but thought I'd throw in that Sharen Thrawn did a realistic Nar Shadaa skybox for TSL that was pretty amazing. Don't want to break any forum rules about linking but suffice it to say that the mod name is Realistic Nar Shaddaa Skybox on kotor filefront site.
 Drunkside
09-06-2008, 3:04 AM
Some fairly new Nvidia card... I have all the graohic crap at max:p But i really dont care about the color of the sith armor, i mean, they are just animals that the noble heroes slaughter:p
 zbyl2
09-06-2008, 4:36 AM
Graphical Enhancement for TSL adding new skyboxes to all planet, all are very impressive (I love one for Telos, Onderon and Dantooine especially). And of course Realistic Nar Shaada skybox mod is great, it's the best skyboxes I ever seen.;)
 plokoon87
09-06-2008, 12:48 PM
I already knew about the Nar Shaddaa one. That is what gave me the thought for redoing Taris and the other planets in KOTOR.
 SpaceAlex
09-06-2008, 1:18 PM
I don't think there are any for KOTOR. TSL has same (already mentioned by others).

Just wondering: who all do you have reskinned, if I may ask.:D I know all the ones from your screenshots which are amazing, just wondering what else you've been workin on recently.

You'll have to wait and see. :xp: Expect an update soon.
 plokoon87
09-06-2008, 3:09 PM
I cannot find those skybox files. can someone send me the link via private message?
 zbyl2
09-06-2008, 3:24 PM
I cannot find those skybox files. can someone send me the link via private message?
You mean these from "Graphical Enhancement" mod?
Here (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=189944) (you'll must download texture for all planet and just export skyboxes...).
 plokoon87
09-10-2008, 3:47 PM
Hey SA, just an idea for the new "generic" heads you're doing - make some of the heads from TSL. You know, the PC selections? Is is legal to skin heads that you get inspiration for from the other game?
 SpaceAlex
09-25-2008, 9:24 AM
Due to the sheer amount of content, this mod has been renamed to K1 Enhancement Pack :D. If the mods would be so kind to change the thread title, it would be great.

As you wish! :vadar: -RH

Anyway, visit the first page for more information about the changes, and new screenshots. There are a few things you should know about some of the new skins, though:

Darth Malak: This one was inspired by a re-skin made a long time ago. Some who have been here long enough might remember it. You can consider my skin to be a modern version of that one. :D

Bastila's Light and Dark robes: The "skin" part of the texture was made by Chaniz.2da (taken from his Bastila's Revelation Robes). I saw no reason to do it from scratch, since Chaniz has already done it. Call me lazy if you must, but that's the way it is. :D

Hey SA, just an idea for the new "generic" heads you're doing - make some of the heads from TSL. You know, the PC selections? Is is legal to skin heads that you get inspiration for from the other game?

It's legal alright (some of the female Twi'lek heads in my mod were inspired by the Twi'lek assassins from K2), but I don't think I'll be doing that. I would prefer that K2 heads remain unique.
 redrob41
09-25-2008, 12:21 PM
WOW! That's a lot of new content, and some excellent work. The only advice I can think of is: keep it up, you're doing great :thumbsup:
 plokoon87
09-25-2008, 9:18 PM
Holy Cow!!! This work is amazing SpaceAlex! Malak looks AWESOME!:eyepop

Glad to see an update; looks like everything is rolling right along! Keep up the good work!:D
 redrob41
09-26-2008, 12:07 PM
The only advice I can think of is: keep it up, you're doing great :thumbsup:

...oops (:fist: @ myself) I just thought of some advice...

I was taking another look at Malak, and I think that it might be a little too shiny. It looks to me like his armour is made of glass. So, why does he have tattoos in one screen shot, and one without?

How are the Jedi Knight/Master robes going to be used? Will they replace the standard robes, or the Star Forge robes (PMBJ)? The colours that you've used look well done (they're not flat or plastic), and have subtle yet complex colour. The only problem is that they have the flap of the robe top not matching the flap of the skirt. I think that svцsh's WIP (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=128845&page=10) was working on something similar, and fixing the skirts (post #365: screenshot (http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p53492740.html)). I really like how your robes are coming along, but the flaps not matching above and below the belt (from the original textures) always bugged me, and I'm hoping you'll try to fix it. If not, I truly understand, because you're already doing a huge pile of high quality work on these textures.
 SpaceAlex
09-26-2008, 6:52 PM
I was taking another look at Malak, and I think that it might be a little too shiny. It looks to me like his armour is made of glass. So, why does he have tattoos in one screen shot, and one without?

You think it's too shiny? It might look so on the screenshot... It looks great in-game (IMO). I've tried to make it less shiny, but the armor just doesn't look as cool, heh.

As for the tattoos, I'm letting people choose a head with or without a tattoo. I personally prefer the non-tattoo head because it makes him look a bit less...errr... stupid. :D

How are the Jedi Knight/Master robes going to be used? Will they replace the standard robes, or the Star Forge robes (PMBJ)?

Actually, I plan to replace the Class C armor (the most basic or armors) because I never use it as it looks quite cheap and ugly. Jedi party members can't wear any armor anyway, and non-Jedi ones can't wear Jedi robes, so that's not a problem.

The only problem is that they have the flap of the robe top not matching the flap of the skirt.

All robes in the game have this problem (even the wearable "I" model ones), so it's almost as if the devs intended it to be that way. I can make sense of it if I use my imagination, but it's not easy. :D svosh is certainly doing a great job on his robes (I will definitely use some of them in my game), but he's only fixing the female version of the council robes, and I would prefer that all robes look the same rather than some right and others wrong. I don't believe I have enough modeling knowledge (I could learn, but I'm not sure if I want to, really) to fix the male versions, so unless svosh (or someone else) decides to do it, we're out of luck.

Anyway, I initially made these robes for the NPC's only, but I thought it would make sense to make them available to the PC and PM as well. They look better than what is currently available, and it always bothered me that Jedi Knight/Master robes look the same as standard Jedi robes.
 Darth Payne
09-26-2008, 7:09 PM
Is there any chance for alternate tatoos for Malak?

Like Joraks or Uthars?
Page: 3 of 9