Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What will be the big twist/secret?

Page: 1 of 5
 Xirion
06-05-2007, 1:33 AM
They have said that TFU will change the way we look at the series, and theres a big secret?

Whats your guess?

Mine:
Vaders Apprentice is Vaders Brother :P
 Diego Varen
06-05-2007, 1:41 AM
Mine:

If there is a big twist/secret, something tells me it won't be that.
 Xirion
06-05-2007, 1:47 AM
maybe not cant say i didnt try and if it is i got dibs to have claimed it beofre it even happens!@
 RC-1162
06-05-2007, 2:52 AM

Anakin was an only child. And Owen Lars (half-brother) had no force potential.
 slornie
06-05-2007, 5:39 AM
its supposed to be Vaders secret apprentice, maybe we will find out that Palpatine does know about him/her, and is secretly manipulating Vader to train this apprentice, so that in time he/she will be powerful enough to replace Vader as Palpatine's apprentice
 Pho3nix
06-05-2007, 6:43 AM
If there is a big twist/secret, something tells me it won't be that.

Seconded.

I don't think there will be any big revelation of any kind.
 Sabretooth
06-05-2007, 7:00 AM
It will most likely be the fact that Star Wars is an entirely fictional universe. Or, maybe not.
 Xirion
06-05-2007, 1:23 PM
pfft all bunch of downers :P
 Commander Obi-Wan
06-05-2007, 6:05 PM
I will be in the game.
 Hallucination
06-05-2007, 6:36 PM
Chewbacca appears and it's revealed that he's Jewish. http://www.liquidcotton.com/images/tees/jewbacca.gif)
 Corinthian
06-05-2007, 6:54 PM
After a very special episode, you'll learn that you're actually a Battle Droid sent from the future to punish us in the past.
 Xirion
06-05-2007, 11:28 PM
lol
 Davinq
06-06-2007, 7:53 PM
Palpatine is actually Vader's father! :0
 Jamps
06-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Probably something to do with the Confederacy, the Fetts, or bringing back a character once thought dead.
 Davinq
06-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Probably something to do with the Confederacy, the Fetts, or bringing back a character once thought dead.
QFT, although it would be a bit of a stretch to call that "a twist that will change the way you look at the series."
 JawaJoey
06-07-2007, 2:06 AM
I'm expecting an alternate ending where you take Vader or even the Emperor's place after killing them. Although they did already do pretty much exactly that in the ROTS game already...

Other than that, well, the apprentice has to die somehow, and given that he's the main character, it's hard to win the game if he dies, so I'm guessing whatever surprise is in store relates to that somehow.
 Thor the Bassis
06-07-2007, 7:51 AM
The apprentice is actually a clone of Luke Skywalker cloned with the specific purpose of killing Luke as he has the same natural ability as Luke but has trained all of his life. However, this all goes wrong as the apprentice feels that his evil acts are wrong and converts to the good side (thus proving that the good side will always live on and Vader was the one who would bring about the chosen one) before being killed by Vader as he wasn't far enough through his training and so wasn't able to do what Luke did later.
 tk102
06-07-2007, 8:58 AM
It's revealed that you are actually a clone of Anakin. Vader believed he was childless and decided to make a clone of himself to further his legacy.
 Darth Moeller
06-07-2007, 9:36 AM
It's revealed that you are actually a clone of Anakin. Vader believed he was childless and decided to make a clone of himself to further his legacy.Not a bad idea, probably my favourite so far.
 tk102
06-07-2007, 9:46 AM
:p Thanks Moeller. Continuing along that thinking:

So at the end you either die, get exiled somewhere, or Palpatine forces you to fight Vader. In the last case, Vader or Palapatine wounds you very badly and you end up having to wear Vader's armor after you defeat him. So Vader from Ep4 is actually a clone of Vader from Ep3.
 PoiuyWired
06-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Ok this might be weird, but can be true. Think Seriously About It. This might be a canon ending even.

1) You will Survive, and Continue to ne alive even after Palpy's Final Death.
2) You will Ally With A Witch.
3) you will be trained by the blood of a Skywalker, again.
4) Got possessed by some symbiote, and reinvent the Sith Order again.
5) Become a Dark lord OF Sith in the Far Future.
6) You will be searching for the Last of the Skywalkers, again.

Really, This FITS STAR WARS. Recurring story of the fight between light and dark. Continued descriptions about the Skywalkers. Character Development. This also ties the story of so many things together.

Well, the problem is. Its too good to be true.
 RC-1162
06-08-2007, 1:12 PM
^ I believe you've got Darth Krayt in mind when you say that.
 revan_221
06-08-2007, 5:03 PM
maybe you would have to kill obi-wan in the dark side and sacrefice your life for the jedi in the light
 JawaJoey
06-09-2007, 1:54 AM
Ok this might be weird, but can be true. Think Seriously About It. This might be a canon ending even.

1) You will Survive, and Continue to ne alive even after Palpy's Final Death.
2) You will Ally With A Witch.
3) you will be trained by the blood of a Skywalker, again.
4) Got possessed by some symbiote, and reinvent the Sith Order again.
5) Become a Dark lord OF Sith in the Far Future.
6) You will be searching for the Last of the Skywalkers, again.

Really, This FITS STAR WARS. Recurring story of the fight between light and dark. Continued descriptions about the Skywalkers. Character Development. This also ties the story of so many things together.

Well, the problem is. Its too good to be true.

Who do you think the secret apprentice is? Durge? Mysterious life! Live forever! Come back vengeful! OOooh! Silly plots like that bother me, and I hate it when they show up in Star Wars.

To anyone actually subscribing to any clone theory, keep in mind that they have a developed unique character and actor for the apprentice. He has his own unique personality. He's not only played by, but visually modeled after a specific actor. They even motion-captured his facial expressions when acting to use in game. He can't be a clone of a character that we've already seen the face of.
Not to mention, why would Vader clone himself, and how could anyone clone Luke at that time?

Hopefully, these are all just silly speculation people are making up. Like so:

Maybe Shaak Ti uses the force to transform the apprentice into a rancor, and he eventually becomes the rancor at Jabba's Palace.
 CLONECOMMANDER501
06-09-2007, 9:47 AM
The apprentice is actually a clone of Luke Skywalker cloned with the specific purpose of killing Luke as he has the same natural ability as Luke but has trained all of his life. However, this all goes wrong as the apprentice feels that his evil acts are wrong and converts to the good side (thus proving that the good side will always live on and Vader was the one who would bring about the chosen one) before being killed by Vader as he wasn't far enough through his training and so wasn't able to do what Luke did later.

Exactly why there was a Mara Jade....
 Ctrl Alt Del
06-09-2007, 7:32 PM
...or bringing back a character once thought dead.

Kotor, anyone?
 CLONECOMMANDER501
06-09-2007, 8:03 PM
Nah, I prefer to focus on Unleashing the force with another game engine :D
 Gargoyle King
06-10-2007, 1:28 PM
Kotor, anyone?

Yeah maybe Revan will show up alive and kickin' :lol:

Seriously though i don't really have any vision for what surprises we may expect in TFU; i hope however it is a deeply unexpected one (c'mon in Kotor you must have had an inkling of a thought that you as the main character may be Revan), i sure as hell can't wait to find out though!
 PoiuyWired
06-11-2007, 3:48 PM
JarJar "I am your Father!"
Lando "And I am your mom!"
Wicket " Lightsaber Boomerang!!"
...or things like that.

Revan? Well if anything that would belong to the Tyber Zann story not TFU.

And no, you being Yoda in disguise ...
 The Padawan
06-11-2007, 3:54 PM
hmmmm Meaby is that The Apprentice was Masters Yoda Padawan??....
 PoiuyWired
06-11-2007, 5:42 PM
Many younglings and what not have been trained under yoda man for some length of time, and yoda seems to have good memory.

And on the serious side. I few things would be interesting.
1) A game where there is no real Light Side redemption. At best there would be death.

2) A game where you would be forced/commanded to kill your love, and even though you think you have the choice to do good and not kill her, she end up dead anyways, partly due to your actions, which is also anticipated by the dark lord himself.

3) A game where you can see some once good jedis gone mental/mad due to the stress on running away from the hunt. Not DS necessarily Fallen to the Dark Side, but quite nutty.

4) The Return of some bald emo goth chick with two sabers.

5) In The Grim Darkness Of The Galaxy Far Far Away There Is Only War. Well, at least there is a darker/grimer atmosphere in the whole game, cause most Star Wars games have been pretty "light" so far.
 tk102
06-11-2007, 5:57 PM
And on the serious side. I few things would be interesting.
1) A game where there is no real Light Side redemption. At best there would be death.
Like Planscape: Torment? :( That would crush the replayability factor if you knew that no matter what you did, you were still going to die "at best". It'd be hard to stay motivated. At least with PS:T the dialogs were so engrossing you could forget this aspect.
 Ztalker
06-12-2007, 1:16 AM
Some big revelation huh?

Judging by the story...(Vader trying to train the Apprentice to overthrow the Emperor) I think there will be a huge frenzy at the end where the Apprentice is attacked by Rebels, Stromtroopers, Sith, Jedi. Him becoming the ultimate 'grey jedi' seems a fit in this situation :)
 Son of Skywalker15
06-12-2007, 4:37 PM
While I liked the clone idea, it does indeed seem to good to be true. It would be really interesting to find out you're a clone, but of a dead Jedi Master......
 CLONECOMMANDER501
06-12-2007, 5:15 PM
L.A wouldn't ever think of that.............
 Gargoyle King
06-12-2007, 5:23 PM
Revan? Well if anything that would belong to the Tyber Zann story not TFU.
Intended as "SARCASM" since Revan was 'alive and kickin' over 4000 years prior to TFU, hence i wasn't being serious. :lol:

Yeah maybe Revan will show up alive and kickin' :lol:

See the little laughing icon at the end of my point, it wasn't meant to be serious!

While I really,really liked the clone idea
I don't, a tad bit overworked with the prequels don't cha think?
 Son of Skywalker15
06-12-2007, 5:40 PM
L.A wouldn't ever think of that.............

Is that a good thing or a bad thing though... :yoda3

I don't, a tad bit overworked with the prequels don't cha think?

I suppose. Though, I did like it in Karen Traviss' short story in Insider.
 Jamps
06-13-2007, 11:34 PM
How about an appearance by Mace Windu, backing up the thought of bringing back a character once thought dead.

Maybe the secret apprentice is a character from the original trilogy or something. But who could possibly have a backstory like this?
 The Padawan
06-14-2007, 12:19 AM
How about an appearance by Mace Windu, backing up the thought of bringing back a character once thought dead.

Maybe the secret apprentice is a character from the original trilogy or something. But who could possibly have a backstory like this?

hmmm yeah you might be right ..... meaby Quilan Vos lol.... just kidding, but it could be a original character of the trilogy!
 RC-1162
06-14-2007, 1:37 PM
How about not resurrecting a character or revealing blood relations? I mean, I'm not trying to throw a wrench into all of your gears here, but I'm just stating my opinion, no offense meant to you guys.

But seeing as we expect this kind of a 'twist' that involves someone being related to someone or that person meeting up with a character long thought to be dead, maybe they should try something different. How about something like the Apprentice rebels against Vader and rejects the Dark Side of his own free will at the end? It might sound unlikely that a darksider would have qualms about what they did, but maybe the Apprentice had a bigger heart.

Then again, maybe thats just too improbable and we'll get a standard twist :D.

EDIT: And the Apprentice needn't die, either, he could flee into hiding after he failed, maybe that could be a separate level/mission in the game: Avoid Imperial Forces and get off the planet or something. That could work out.
 stoffe
06-14-2007, 2:11 PM
I would prefer if they came up with something new. Clones, long-lost relatives, clones of long-lost relatives and the like seems to have been over-used already in Star Wars.

EDIT: And the Apprentice needn't die, either, he could flee into hiding after he failed, maybe that could be a separate level/mission in the game: Avoid Imperial Forces and get off the planet or something. That could work out.

Or when his work is done he could pilot his ship alone and head out towards the Unknown Regions, looking for the True Sith, never to be heard from again. The Unknown Regions seems like a dumping ground for force users who are too powerful to leave around in the Republic/Empire. :)
 RC-1162
06-14-2007, 2:22 PM
^ That's true, but the only trouble is, it might be too reminiscent of what Revan did after KotOR. Maybe he could have been chased and chose the Unknown Regions to hide, instead of seeking the Sith as Revan once did, that would get rid of him and not seem Revan-ish.

Of course, sometime after the game is released, some writer might throw out a story featuring the Apprentice's return. So much for the "get rid of" plan for the devs :D.
 tk102
06-14-2007, 3:02 PM
^ That's true, but the only trouble is, it might be too reminiscent of what Revan did after KotOR. Maybe he could have been chased and chose the Unknown Regions to hide, instead of seeking the Sith as Revan once did, that would get rid of him and not seem Revan-ish.I think stoffe was joking. :)
 JoeDoe 2.0
06-14-2007, 3:15 PM
One of Vader's apprentice's parents was a Jedi, imagine him knowing that he had been killing his kin...
 RC-1162
06-14-2007, 5:19 PM
I think stoffe was joking. :)
Oh...right.

God, I feel stupid
 PoiuyWired
06-15-2007, 7:35 AM
My real guess on the so-called surprise. Really, it won't be a surprise at all. Our sithette(is this even a word?) have a girlfriend. Being blonde aside, she is probably going to stand with the rebels in the end or something. So typical of Star Wars?
 Son of Skywalker15
06-15-2007, 7:57 AM
I would prefer if they came up with something new. Clones, long-lost relatives, clones of long-lost relatives and the like seems to have been over-used already in Star Wars.

True, but it's always been entertaining. I would love something shocking like finding out you're Revan in Kotor.
 Roupe
06-15-2007, 1:53 PM
I did like the Vader Clone idea from tk102, why shouldnt they try to clone someone with his expertise?

Jedis that has fallen to the dark side , but are not Pro Empire, they are rather enraged by the Republics betrayal against them & thus motivated by a burning hatred against it. These Fallen Jedis wantingly commits acts of pure terrorism against the empire.
 RC-1162
06-16-2007, 1:48 AM
I did like the Vader Clone idea from tk102, why shouldn't they try to clone someone with his expertise?
Vader was already cloned once, according to EU, so Vader clones are most probably not going to be seen.
 Xirion
06-16-2007, 2:06 AM
when/where did vader clone? info please if you can :)
Page: 1 of 5