Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Cantina Scenario

Page: 5 of 6
 Rogue 9
03-07-2001, 6:28 PM
[TO DEAC]Wait don't kill him he metioned credits...lets take him to the ship and interogate him there...I help one of the Twilieks Out you can take the Imp...
 K_Kinnison
03-07-2001, 6:44 PM
[to anyone]OMG i have found a rare pre-clone war era Queen Amidala Pez dispener with the glow in the dark bubble gum!!!!!!!! I can sell this off to a Hutt for about 100 Gs, he collects this stuff for a hobby.
*starts dancing*
 emupiett
03-07-2001, 7:49 PM
[to MOSARI] Great! But we have our hands full right now.

[to DEAC and HORN] You know, I think the Alliance has been wanting to capture this pilot for a long time. If you let me take him back, I'll let you two have the money I get, which will probably be quite a bit.
 Hu Man Bing
03-07-2001, 11:04 PM
[speaking in a friendly, helpful tone of voice]

*click*

No, actually, the Imperials haven't really employed me for very long. I was just the ground maintenance monkey who drew the short straw and got saddled with flying new TIEs. The Rebellion might actually offer you money NOT to hand me over to them, since they actually need people who have a modicum of skill.

I wonder if you guys could help me out here - I was going for a partially-illicit spacewalk during a test with a TIE Fighter, and when I got back, I found this in my urine tank.

[unplugs the grey colored urn, which is actually his flight urine tank, and turns it upside down]

[large mottled yellow sluglike creature flops out and lies on floor, pulsating foully as it breathes]

I don't think I'm allowed to keep it, but I sorta feel bad just flushing it back out into the vacuum of space again. Just imagine if it bumped into the Alien Queen from Aliens. That would be really inhumane.

So I'm wondering - do any of you guys want to adopt a Sellentori Space Slug? I think it's photovoric, so you have to keep the lights on, and it's really fond of dried Ewok meat.

*click*

------------------
If the Rebels actually won, they'd be out of a job.
 emupiett
03-08-2001, 12:22 AM
[to BING] You know, you're really disgusting. I oughta kill you right now, but us Rebels don't stoop that low.

*Takes out blaster, points it at Bing's head.*

I'll give you 10 seconds to leave us alone and mind you own business.
 Rogue 9
03-08-2001, 12:52 AM
[To Trynl]OOh,OOh Let me kill him come on, going after unreconstucted imperials in my favorite pass time... http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/biggrin.gif)

------------------
Leader of 3 Flight
IAN_CDT_Rogue9, RA_Rogue9
 Hu Man Bing
03-08-2001, 8:34 AM
*click*

So... no takers?

*click*

------------------
 emupiett
03-08-2001, 3:06 PM
[to BING] 10 . . . 9. . . 8 . . .
 Hu Man Bing
03-08-2001, 3:52 PM
*kneels and stuffs Sellentori Space Slug back into urine tank*

I see I'm not welcome here. *sigh* Well, I suppose it was a bit optimistic to hope that somebody might want a slug.

Also, I thought it might be fun to join a Role Playing Thread and meet fellow Star Wars fans with a sense of humor and ironical appreciation of the foibles and strengths of the sci-fi genre. Guess I was wrong.

[to Emupiett]

All right, I'm leaving, I'm leaving. Jesus.

[leaves the Cantina]

------------------
 Deac
03-08-2001, 4:58 PM
(Gee. I feel pretty bad now. It's just he was an imp. Maybe we should'a gone easy on him. I mean, you should have just told him to put the slug away and take him with us. i say he can come back. Let's not argue.)

[To Party] Let's get out of here!

*Shoots at a steam pressure valve and flys onto the roof via erupting steam. Runs along rooftops to the Starhawk*

[This message has been edited by Deac (edited March 08, 2001).]
 Rogue 9
03-08-2001, 10:36 PM
way ahead of you boss, it fine with me if he comes back to, I just nailed him cause he was an Imp and the Slug thing was kind of out of place.

------------------
Leader of 3 Flight
 Hu Man Bing
03-08-2001, 11:04 PM
[walks back in, really really embarrassed]

*click* (very small voice and embarrassed) Err, I forgot my wallet.

ehheehehhhehehehurrrmz... http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)

Hey, now don't get the idea that I'm offended or anything. I know exactly how it's like when a newbie comes along and starts disrupting an established game or whatever, and I understand it's darn annoying if it happens at the wrong time.

So if I'm that newbie, and disrupting your Role-Play, then just confirm below and I'll be on my way, polite and quiet-like, with no hard feelings for you fine people.

But - if you're just playing in character, then I'd be really happy to stick around this cantina. As long as I don't get shot straight off for being an Imperial. Some of us Imps can be pretty human when you get to know us. (Actually, most of us, since aliens are not accepted in the New Order... at least, not officially...)

[slug] BAORBABRBTHEROIUWOIIWIWOOOO!!!

[HMB] Yeah, hence this little critter's problem.
 Rogue 9
03-08-2001, 11:09 PM
***OUT OF STORY***
WE have no problem with you being here, its just that the Slug thing was kind of, well, ODD, but if you just want to be a defecting Imperial, we can do that, if your a Loyal Imp we have to fight you cause we are robbing an Imperial Base after all.
 emupiett
03-09-2001, 2:56 AM
*OUT OF STORY*
Hey it wasn't that we didn't want you. It was just that we were playing along. We ARE Rebels (robbing an Imp base like R9 said). You can play a long.

*IN STORY*
[to Party] Yeah, I think I was kinda harsh. We should ask him back (as long as he's not trying to turn us in).
 Rogue 9
03-09-2001, 4:32 AM
Hops into X-Wing and sets course for a Mos Eisley Cantina...
 Rogue 9
03-09-2001, 4:33 AM
<S>Hops into X-Wing and sets course for a Mos Eisley Cantina...</S>Steals Imperial Shuttle so that he can rescue the Twileik Dancer then sets course for Cantina... http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/biggrin.gif)
 Hu Man Bing
03-09-2001, 8:46 AM
[really interested now]

*click* Okay, what are you guys hitting, and who's the district master? Strikes me like the Empire could do with a bit of tightening of security round here.

Why do I say that? Well, my friend R'Nay was killed in a fuel explosion on the ground base whilst he was tending to some TIE tanks like a good soldier. Quartermaster Karn, idiot that he is, refused to tighten the security and so more of our people could die.

If you guys are just going in to *rob* the place (ie and not specifically to kill loads of Imperials) then count me in. I'd be only too happy to let you guys "stumble across" some of Quartermaster Karn's secret horde and "liberate" him of its burden.

I only ask a few things:

1. That we don't kill Imps left and right. Remember, some of these guys are my friends, and are conscripts who didn't have a choice. Killing them would make you just as bad as the Imperial murderers. If we REALLY have to, then we could return fire or quietly silence an Imp, but with my security passes I hope this won't be necessary.

2. That we steal everything belonging to Karn. And perhaps cause problems of a different sort, like sending rude emails to vader@imperial.net from his computer terminal.

3. That you find somebody to take this &^%Ј&^Ј slug off my hands. If you can do this, then I'll keep in touch after this hit and we can do further business of this sort.

------------------
 emupiett
03-09-2001, 1:07 PM
[to BING] Well, we probably could let you in, but how do we know we can trust you? Maybe you'll turn us in. I mean Imperials aren't really known for keeping their word. If there's any way. . . ?
 Hu Man Bing
03-09-2001, 3:26 PM
Good question, and it's not one that I can answer completely one way or another on my own. But let me lay out a scenario for you and you see for yourself.

Six years ago, the Imperials started a recruitment campaign. They promised us an agricultural committee for improved crops, they promised us an increased trade with Imperial-friendly systems, and they promised us self-government within five years if all went well. Because of this, I actively joined and was recruited.

Well, one of my flightmates was a slicer tech before he was conscripted, and spent a while decoding lowlevel Imperial transmissions. (I can provide you with a neutral net-node if you want to get in touch.) It *appears* that all the fundings for these planned improvements were made available a long time ago by the Empire. They had the money ready and were willing to spend it.

But just look around and you'll see what's come of the money - under the rule of Governor Karn, this planet is just as much of a dump as it was before. No agricultural improvements, no trade, and not even a step towards self-government.

Somebody's siphoning off resources.

And I don't think Karn's excuse of "smugglers and bandits" can really explain the 300 million credit deficit that his base holds. He scrimps on safety, he deals in TIE technologies with pirates, and he has a whole asteroid belt of dirty money going through his coffers.

Frankly, us rank and file Imps have had enough. This is not what we joined the Imperial Navy for, and we want things to change.

We don't have anything against the Empire (since there are some genuinely capable people in it, whom we admire a lot and who do a lot of good), but there's no question. Brak-heads like Karn must be exposed.

Now, Governor Karn has three mistresses that we know of, and Alina Strakov is his favorite. Recently, one of my friends was able to find a dealer in Toltuga snake venom. If this is put into her food, she'll become *very* ill and have to be taken to the nearest nanohospital.

And as you all know, there is no nanohospital on Tatooine - courtesy of Karn and his mismanagement. He'll have to ship Alina off to another system for treatment. Most likely, he'll go along with her to make sure she doesn't divulge any details of his misrule here.

I propose that we strike then, to raid his holdings here and to seize evidence of his corrupt reign. Believe me, there are a lot of my fellow Imps who have no love for Karn, and who would like to see the Empire actually doing something decent for our home planet.

Anyhow, judge my words for yourself and see if they're worthy. Either way, consider the fact that I'm even talking to you guys... and think about poor little Slurpy here.

[slug] BAOAWTHWREHAOAOWAOAOAOWW!!!

What else can I tell you? Are you interested?

------------------
 Deac
03-09-2001, 5:04 PM
[To Bing] I'm in. Back to tatooine!

*Hops in the starhwak with party and flys back to cantina. Enters cantina and orders drink*

[To Bing] Ok Bing, we'll strike at his holdings here. When does the poison go in? What do we hit first? Does it involve rescuing beautiful rebel commanders who have great personalities?
Either way, Starkillers in, friend.
 emupiett
03-09-2001, 7:36 PM
[to BING] Well, that does sound enticing I'm in as well.

[to Bartender] I'll take a Tatooine Sunset.
 Hu Man Bing
03-09-2001, 10:57 PM
All right. Here's the plan:

1. Alina is the only person who eats mynock caviar. If we poison the caviar, we can be sure only to poison her. However, nobody inside the base can do this - we're all too closely watched.

You'll have to attack our supply shipment as it goes in. I can provide coordinates, and your attack has to be quick and unsuccessful. I don't want you killing my friends, or vice versa. You'll need to covertly open the first class containers and poison the caviar. Then get out fast. (You might want to cause a diversion - say, attack the weapons carriers then flee.)

2. The poisoned caviar will be given to her within three days. During this time, you will have to communicate with base closely. I can do that for you. We'll need to know the safety overrides for that day - they are changed every midnight. I can also find that out for you.

3. We strike when Karn is out. We get in, get the info, and get out as fast as possible. Karn's loyal men guard the armory and if you can somehow knock that out, our men will be able to overwhelm them and hold the base.

4. If all this goes to plan, Karn will be disgraced and the Empire will discover his greed. We will get another ruler, and maybe things will improve.

The important thing is, that we have to rely on you to form the basis of the attack. When you attack, we can lock down the base and declare a state of emergency.

Without your attack to cover our actions, we'll all be branded traitors and executed without trial.

So you see, I'm pretty sincere about what I mean. We've watched this place for a while, and you all look like resourceful people. If you can help us, we'll influence the new Governor as well as we can. Maybe you'll get the chance to go legit or even get Imperial funding.

Anyhow, think about it. If you want the plans, I can patch you through to my engineering contact inside.

*click*

------------------
 Rogue 9
03-09-2001, 11:26 PM
I'll have my Droid Slice through the Bases Comm Security in no time at all
 emupiett
03-09-2001, 11:44 PM
[to Party] Well, I can handle the diversion single-handedly, which will leave you others open to perform the real task. I'll give the signal when you are to act.
 Deac
03-10-2001, 6:05 PM
[To Party] I'll poison the caviar. i'm actually immune to most forms of venom because my genetic code was altered by a group of Palpatine's best scientists in an attemp to make artificial Jedi. That's how I got my force powers. Transplanted midi-chlorians.
So, anyway, I poison the caviar whilst you cause a diversion. You provide the distraction. I can be in and out, swiftly and silently.
 emupiett
03-10-2001, 8:40 PM
[to Everyone but Deac] You guys could provide back-up if you want, but I can create the diversion best alone.

[to BING] What do you think they should do?
 Hu Man Bing
03-10-2001, 9:25 PM
Okay, the supply convoy is a large logistics train that runs along a magnetic rail. It is about 400m long, and the first class is the third carriage from the front - about 150m from the front.

It cruises at high speeds, so the only way you guys can really influence it is if you can somehow stop it. It is fitted with security interlocks so that if a break on the line is discovered, it will demagnetize instantly and slow down.

If you guys can bomb the rail or something, we will come to a dead stop at the rupture itself (since the magnetism will continue to push us until we reach the break). Then, I suggest that the majority of you lie in wait at the *end* of the train (that is, 400m from where you bombed the rail) and attack there. That's where the fuel and other such perishables are kept.

Meanwhile, we will send guards to the rear to deal with you. As long as you keep your distance and snipe with low-caliber rounds, nobody should get hurt. But you must buy enough time for your one chosen agent. This man must wait 150m from the break, and I will make sure that his coast is largely clear. He will sneak on board and taint the caviar. Then he will attempt to come into Second Class and steal the weapons from armory.

I will be waiting for him there and will "chase him off". This is necessary for me to maintain my cover. You'll accomplish your goal (and whatever fuel you can make off with) whilst I'll be congratulated by my superiors for my "bravery".

Then we just sit back and wait for Alina to start sweating blood from her pores. Should be fun. What do you think? This is just a plan - it's open to alteration.

------------------
 emupiett
03-10-2001, 11:46 PM
[to BING] Nice plan. Is it okay if I use my blaster on stun?
 Rogue 9
03-11-2001, 1:50 AM
I fly in in my X-Wing and Blow out part of the track, I think I can produce a pretty good distraction while I'm at it...

------------------
Leader of 3 Flight
 Hu Man Bing
03-11-2001, 8:02 AM
If you use your X-Wing, that could cause all sorts of problems. Karn would want to know why our starfighter "defence" (in reality about three Skiprays) managed to let this Rebel starfighter through. Of course he'll overlook the fact that we don't have enough funding to field a decent starfighter defence.

I propose that we knock out the rail line with ion disablers. That way, the actual track itself will not be damaged. You will demagnetize the track at a point and we will stop, thus allowing you to do your dirty work AND allowing us to get back on our way without too much of a delay. (It will only take us a few hours to remagnetize the track, instead of a few days to repair physical damage to it.)

Where you guys get your ion disabler from, I can't help you with. You'll have to resort to the black market, which will also be very high since we don't have enough funds to crack down or legitimize it.

------------------
 Rogue 9
03-11-2001, 2:40 PM
Ok, OK I see your point,<FONT SIZE=1>Why won't people ever let me blow stuff up.
 Deac
03-11-2001, 4:13 PM
[To party] I'm going to do the poisoning. I'm gonna need cover and I'm also gonna need to know when you blow out the track so I can get on. You can give me a comm-link. When do we hit?
 Hu Man Bing
03-11-2001, 4:54 PM
We get a weekly delivery of convoy equipment, most of it packed with food and a few weapons which Karn then sells off (we think).

The next shipment is in three days, and the one after that, twelve.

We can't do anything unless you guys can somehow get hold of either an ion field cannon (one of those small battlefield things, NOT the anti-starship cannons!) or an EMP mine (which you'll have to secure under the magtrack and detonate).

I can't help you with either of those, sadly. But I suspect your black market contacts or the Hutt clan could provide them.

------------------
 Rogue 9
03-12-2001, 3:50 AM
I take care of the track I just got this nifty shoulder mounted ION Pulse cannon I've been wanting to try out...
 Hu Man Bing
03-12-2001, 7:38 AM
Great! Well, the strike happens in three days, and this is what I suggest:

1. You choose a level part of the track to hit. Once the train demagnetizes, gravity takes over, so if you hit the track on a hill or slope, you risk having the train slowly slide down the slope. Not good.

2. Striking agent (ie the one who'll poison the caviar) must hide about 150m from the break, close to where the First Class carriage will stop. He must wait until the main diversion attack is well underway.

3. Diversion force (ie the people who'll attack the rear) must attack the end few carriages of the train. You must use low-caliber rounds or have weapons set to MAIM. My boys will be wearing stormtrooper armor so that shouldn't be too bad - you'll keep them on their toes but won't hurt them. About three minutes into this attack, striking agent should make his move on the First Class carriage.

4. Tap into our radio transmission frequency. I will provide you with the exact frequency and the receive-decrypt code when I know it (about a day before the attack). Listen to us carefully. If you hear me say "get out of here!" then you know I will have engaged your striking agent, AND that he has been successful in poisoning the caviar. If at any time you hear me say "eradicate" or "eradicating", then you'll know something has gone wrong, and you should all clear off as fast as you can.

In three days' time I will be the first mate on board the train. I'll try to get all our guards towards the rear when the attack begins.

------------------
 Deac
03-12-2001, 5:20 PM
(3 days later, at the track)

*Deac Crouches on the the top of one of the track pylons*

[Comm to Party] Fire ion cannon when ready. Train's in the distance.

*Looks and sees train a few miles off. Mentally preps self. Looks at poison vial in hand*
 Rogue 9
03-12-2001, 7:55 PM
ION Cannon Fired that section of the track is disabled, you may commence boarding at your leisure
 emupiett
03-12-2001, 10:56 PM
*Ternyl sets blaster to MAIM, as not to hurt anybody. Starts firing every which way. Then starts running around like crazy (like Han Solo in ANH). Many people start going after him. Gives the signal to Deac to go.*

[randomly] AHHHHHHHH! Take that! and That! adn That!

*Keeps firing blaster.*
 emupiett
03-12-2001, 10:57 PM
*Ternyl sets blaster to MAIM, as not to hurt anybody. Starts firing every which way. Then starts running around like crazy (like Han Solo in ANH). Many people start going after him. Gives the signal to Deac to go.*

[randomly] AHHHHHHHH! Take that! and That! and That!

*Keeps firing blaster.*
 emupiett
03-12-2001, 10:57 PM

[randomly] AHHHHHHHH! Take that! and That! and That!

*Keeps firing blaster.*
 emupiett
03-12-2001, 11:06 PM
*Ternyl sets blaster to lowest setting as not to hurt anybody. He begins firing rounds at nothing and running back and forth like a battle was taking place. He catches the attention of many people. Ternyl then gives Deac the signal to act.*

[to DEAC] Go! I've got this taken care of!

*Continues with act.*
 emupiett
03-12-2001, 11:06 PM
*Ternyl sets blaster to lowest setting as not to hurt anybody. He begins firing rounds at nothing and running back and forth like a battle was taking place. He catches the attention of many people. Ternyl then gives Deac the signal to act.*

[to DEAC] Go! I've got this taken care of!

*Continues with act.*
 emupiett
03-12-2001, 11:13 PM
*Begins making it look like a battle is going on by firing shots and running back and forth between the two sides. People begin to take interest.*

[to DEAC] Go! The coast is clear!

*Keeps on with act.*
 emupiett
03-12-2001, 11:14 PM
*Begins making it look like a battle is going on by firing shots and running back and forth between the two sides. People begin to take interest.*

[to DEAC] Go! The coast is clear!

*Keeps on with act.*

------------------
"Intensify forward firepower!!"
 Hu Man Bing
03-12-2001, 11:21 PM
[train proceeds smoothly along track]

Commanding Officer: So, Bing. What did the Gov'nor want to see you about?

HMB: Well, I had to keep the lights on in my room all the time and people started complaining about the smell.

CO: So? What did you tell them?

HMB: I said something about insomnia and diarrhoea.

CO: Yeah, well. Be careful. You don't want to get him angry.

HMB: Yessir.

------------------
 Hu Man Bing
03-12-2001, 11:23 PM

HMB: Well, I had to keep the lights on in my room all the time and people started complaining about the smell.

------------------
 Hu Man Bing
03-12-2001, 11:26 PM

[sound of screeching brakes]

CO: What's that?

HMB: The train's slowing down.

CO: Driver, what's going on?

Driver: Uh... not too sure, sir. Suspect track malfunction.

CO: Well, stop the train and we'll send out repair crew.

Driver: Yessir.

(HMB raises an eyebrow and appears to be listening for something...)

------------------
 Rogue 9
03-13-2001, 1:45 AM
Rogue9 jumps into the mock battle and is shot
*goes down stunned*
OOH, Thats not Right
 Rogue 9
03-13-2001, 4:45 AM
*Gets Stunned again in Mock Battle by Insane person with Blaster*

[This message has been edited by Rogue 9 (edited March 13, 2001).]
 Hu Man Bing
03-13-2001, 8:06 AM
[broadcast on the compromised frequency to all the raiders]

HMB: What was that?

CO: It's coming from the back of the train.

HMB: Are we under attack, sir?

(CO checks monitor display)

CO: Several raiders. Firing light arms weapons at the end carriage. Bing, go out there and stop them!

HMB: Sir, shouldn't somebody guard the munitions and weapons in Carriage Two?

CO: Are you questioning my authority? I can do that - take a handful of stormtroopers with you to the rear of the train and fend off those raiders!

(HMB considers arguing, but doesn't)

(Takes five stormtroopers down towards end of train, then broadcasts loudly enough for raiders to hear.)

HMB: Let's take these scum out. The CO can defend the First and Second Carriages.

------------------
Page: 5 of 6