Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The One Year Thread 2007: XWA's Celibatic Boogaloo

Page: 2 of 5
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-06-2007, 12:52 AM
Ed, you have brought great danger upon us. May thine soul be forgiven by your creator. ;)

Anyway, housesitting for a fellow manager. Kinda bored, but hey, that's what the internet is for. :D
 Nute Gunray
01-06-2007, 12:53 AM
I keep talking about it, mainly out of complete disbelief, but one of my friends who is a girl that I am crazy about implied that she wants me to move in with her. In another state.
 edlib
01-06-2007, 12:56 AM
And you are posting here instead of packing your things why? :confused:
 Nute Gunray
01-06-2007, 1:00 AM
Wouldn't be moving until march!

Plus we need to sit down and have a talk. Would I move down there as a roommate so she doesn't have to live somewhere and not know anyone or am I shifting from good friend to boyfriend.
 edlib
01-06-2007, 1:05 AM
I guess those are good enough reasons. :indif:

Spent the night e-mailing a bunch of .mp3s out to people who want them, (including our dear ol' Nitro.)

My ISP must hate me now.

I ran out of files to send, as I haven't actually edited the rest of the tape yet, or converted to .mp3 from .wav. Get to that tomorrow.
 Nute Gunray
01-06-2007, 1:09 AM
well we'd have to go down to look for a place to live and knowing if its going to be one bedroom or two is easier to decide before we leave!
 Rogue15
01-06-2007, 10:43 AM
work was ok yesterday..

woke up at around 8am, made some cream of wheat...hadn't had it in a while, now im wondering why i even bought it, as oatmeal is much tastier. did about 100 pushups in around an hour, went over to my parents' to get my stupid tax bill as i left it there for my dad to look at...then i came back, my car about ran out of gas so i had to stop at the gas station and put what little change i had left on me into it...after that, i quick checked my transmission fluid, as i have a minor trans fluid leak, it was at the near-full mark so i didn't bother adding...gotta get oil changed, it's been over 5,000 miles since i last had that changed. Got home, worked out some more while listening to the edge radio off of shoutcast, then i made a turkey and swiss cheese sandwhich, and then i went to work.

Work wasn't so bad...the madness is subsiding, as most people are done w/their after-holiday returning/purchasing. Next "holiday" is valentines, and they already got the card out in the front. Dunno why we still call it valentine's day, as it never (as long as i've lived) has had anything to do with martyred christians.

So i ended up closing by myself last night, i got everything shut down in time, and was out of there 5 minutes early. came home and played WoW for a good 4 hours. I'm on Firetree as Draile. I'm an Orc Warrior. :)
 Daft Adidas
01-06-2007, 10:53 AM
WOW sounds ok but when will u be returning to Galaxies? Was it a motn u said???? Anyway not much has been happening but thing's will when i return to school. Thet hign that's happening is my life get's more crappier. I don't mind school just sometiems i ain't in the mood.
 Keyan Farlander
01-06-2007, 12:14 PM
well we'd have to go down to look for a place to live and knowing if its going to be one bedroom or two is easier to decide before we leave!

So kids move in together on the first date these days? Interesting.

No matter what her intentions, I predict that nothing but disaster will come of this.
 edlib
01-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Could be a spot of fun before it gets to that point, though. I think Nute is due...

I'm not sure which fate would be worse:

To be miserable and depressed because the relationship you are in ends disasterously...
or:

To be miserable and depressed because you sat on your hands and the relationship never happened, and you are now fated to spend the rest of your life wondering "What if..."

As a long-time practitioner of option number 2, I highly recommend against it whenever possible. I suspect that the lasting, bitter emotion doesn't feel much better than what's behind door number one. And at least that way you can die knowing that at least you gave it a shot...

But then,.. look who's talking. :rolleyes:
Take my advice as the bitter ramblings of a too-old failure in all the ways of love that they truly are... and with the many, many grains of salt it deserves.

In other news: I have all my windows and doors open at the moment. It's currently in the mid-60s here now, and supposed to get a bit higher before the day is over.

This is just wrong.

I've got to take a shower and see if I can get myself out of the house for a brief trip to the store. I still don't feel all that great... but I'm running out of some things.
 Keyan Farlander
01-06-2007, 1:07 PM
I'm not sure which fate would be worse:

To be miserable and depressed because the relationship you are in ends disasterously...
or:

To be miserable and depressed because you sat on your hands and the relationship never happened, and you are now fated to spend the rest of your life wondering "What if..."

I have extensive experience in both, and I promise you that option 1 is far, far worse.
 Nute Gunray
01-06-2007, 1:57 PM
we've been not-dating for like ten months. Honestly, the only thing that would change would be that I'd get to kiss her.
 Ikhnaton
01-06-2007, 2:02 PM
Nute, your problem has been in closing the deal. If you want this girl, you gotta go for it. Make sure she knows your cards before any agreeing to move takes place, otherwise she will think you've been lying to her. The truth is that you want to be her boyfriend and you would be in favor of moving in together as her boyfriend.

of course, once you reveal this information, you probably wouldn't be able to move in with her as a good friend.
 edlib
01-07-2007, 12:11 AM
I guess that's probably a good advice. Just do it quick... like ripping off a band-aid.

Something tells me there might just be something there on her side as well, though... I don't really think women approach men to move in with them if they don't actually like them. I mean, they're not stupid... She must know you are harboring some feelings for her by this point (unless you are truly the greatest actor that the human race has ever created...), and yet she still offered this arrangement. She must know that if you did move in together that you would probably see it as an invitation to different things of some sort...

Perhaps this could be her way of forcing your hand into making a long-delayed move?

Anyway,.. since I'm out of my element, ("Shut the **** up, Donnie!") this will probably be the last I have to say on this particular subject...

Despite my still sickly status, I managed to get some grocery shopping done, and I started my laundry. I was out of everything. Far more dirty clothes than baskets to carry them in... (and I have a LOT of baskets, since I usually go so very long between doing it...)

I re-watched some DVDs between loads: A couple of episodes of "Band Of Brothers" (was this like the best series ever produced for TV or what?!??) and "Intolerable Cruelty" (One of the very first things I reported watching back on the day we started these threads back in '05, I believe. I desperately needed a Zeta-Jones fix. God she's luscious! Oh... plus that signature snappy Coen brothers dialog... but mostly Catherine, if truth be told... Just like I mainly watch Mythbusters these days to see Kari. The rest of the show is just gravy...)

My bedroom window is still open at this hour, letting in fresh air. This is just bizarre. And wrong. Just so very, very wrong.
 Rogue15
01-07-2007, 1:45 AM
it's like florida winter. though tonight is a bit cold out.

uhm...work was alright, last hour i just bullshat on the damn computer training stuff for like 20 minutes before getting further bored and just walking around the store looking at merchandise, making sure it was safe.

Finally got home at around 11:20, my landlords had my parents and sister over for pizza and were kind enough to let a few slices for me, so i had that...was starving as my bank account is nearly drained and all i could afford for lunch (at 6pm) was a salad.

My landlords also let me borrow 'Lady in the Water' I liked it, not as good as the village....if i would've seen it sooner i would've been laughing because of that one customer at walmart and my coworker saying 'his needle is stuck'......but it's just not as funny anymore.

uhm...I took a motrin before going to work, and i dunno after i got there it was like i was quick at getting work done, as i got there and like not even a minute, BAM i'm by myself for like 45 minutes, dealing w/the customers+film processing+having to get 2 day develop film...but it wasn't too busy at least, I'm still getting tired of the place. Think I set a record in time stayed the longest or something. Let's see, the only other job i stayed at for over a year was pizza hut, that was...from november 2002-march 2004, 1 year and 4 months. walmart i started like june 2005, and it's january 2007, so beat my record by TWO months. It feels like I have been working there forever. Things will brighten up in a month or so.....because my satisfaction is ****ing guaranteed, bitch!
 Nute Gunray
01-07-2007, 2:03 AM
There's a lot of stuff about the whole thing I need to find out, like if she was even serious about it, before I really start trying to figure it out. After the first time she mentioned it, it seemed like it had been sort of a throw away comment. I had just dropped a class and was forced to have to come back for spring 07 to pick up my final last i'll be done forever college class and was telling her that I'd really miss her when she left in march. She'd mentioned "its too bad you didn't graduate or you could move to florida with me." A few weeks before that she'd mentioned me helping her move down there. I'd said "ha, that'd be weird" and quickly changed the subject! Then like two weeks later, she said something like "i wish you could move to florida with me" in front of her parents after I'd mentioned that I was going to be spending new years in tampa.

also you may notice that I can't actually move there anyhow, because I couldn't move anywhere at all until the end of may whereas she moves in early march
 Daft Adidas
01-07-2007, 5:15 AM
i hope i don't sound dumb but then again i'm in Europe don't know about it. Is Walmart a big, big shopping mall?
 Wildstar
01-07-2007, 11:22 AM
More like a big department store, Aida.
 Daft Adidas
01-07-2007, 11:26 AM
oh ok yeh my parents have been there but not me. :(
 edlib
01-07-2007, 4:45 PM
Wal*Mart: America's scourge on the national landscape... but sometimes it's a necessary evil...

Still doing laundry. Yup, my life is a regular laugh-a-minute thrill-fest! :dozey: (or is it "Thrill-a-minute laugh-fest"? Both ways work, I guess... either way: it is festering...)

Been listening all afternoon to the internet radio station I set up a few years ago that I had just about completely forgotten about in recent years.

I'm sure none of you are the slightest bit interested, but here's the link to it anyway since I have nothing else going on at the moment: http://music.yahoo.com/launchcast/station.asp?u=1134740860)

I think I'm starting to feel better... just in time to go back to work. :rolleyes: How fair is that? My weekend was totally wasted.

Oh well... I did manage to clog the in-boxes of a couple of unsuspecting individuals with massive attachments this weekend. That should prove entertaining when they go to open their e-mail the first time Monday morning. Heh heh heh...
:joy:
 Rogue15
01-08-2007, 1:14 AM
another boring day...did my 100 pushups, ate a little breakfast, headed to work, came home for lunch so i may need to risk an overdraft charge because gas is running kinda low, and i get payed thursday...not sure how long it takes for credit to go through. went back to work, and it was slow for 3 hours so i went home 15 mins early. played some WoW, got my warrior to level 8, logged off, and was browsing for info on the military police corps. now im gonna go to set my alarm for 6am, go to sleep, and do it all over again.

My knees are hurting aweful bad, glucosomine condroidant didnt' work so i'll have to go with the gluco sulfate one, as that worked. i read at wikipedia that that is made out of shells or something. weird.

hope my knees can heal up. This thursday, I think I'll buy myself a new pair of running shoes, and some pants for running. I need to get my body into shape before the end of march or i'll be a no-go for the military. then again, if the army doesn't accept me i'll just say **** it and go to the air force. I do think i'll be good to go for the army by beginning of april...but i'm not holding my breath, just going to do my best at getting back to full strength and see what i want to do by then.
 edlib
01-08-2007, 7:03 AM
Bleargh.

Barely slept again last night. This time I've got to drag my sorry carcass into work, however. Hopefully it will be a short and slow day.

There goes my decaffeinated streak, though... :rolleyes:

Personally, 15, the Air Force would have always been my first choice for service... even though with my eyesight in the state it is there was never any hope to become a pilot.

But that's just me...
 Daft Adidas
01-08-2007, 11:33 AM
When i'm older i might be thinking of joining the army but not as a private maybe an officer.
 Zargon
01-08-2007, 11:39 AM
15, if you have knee problems, and they are in your medical records, you may need to fill out forms for an exemption, I had to because I had surgery on my left femur. They really dont wanna pay for medical stuff that they didnt cause, or lose your service due to a very foreseable injury.

Nute: um thats pretty wierd, might as flesh it out, tell her, shes leaving ANYWAYS so it its a big NO........who cares

ed: I would only ever consider the air force if you were flying, although a coworked did special inv./spec ops there, but hes a rarity in the AF.....also did a 2.5 year tour for the IDF that the AF let him out for 2.5 years for.

I start going back to school today, just one class, its just wierd thats all, thought I was mostly done with this BS in my life now........

one week with no contact with the gf down, one to go,

she thinks its wierd that I got grouchy that she bitches we arent seeing each other for a week and really misses me, but she made the choice to wait till today to come back to school and not stop to see me( her parents live north of me, school is south) and she bitched all day yesterday she was bored and had nothing to do, telling her that her boredom and lack of seeing me is of her own doing made her grouchy and cry-y.............women...........I swear, if it werent for the joy of sex and the stupid sense of attachment...............
 Zargon
01-08-2007, 12:06 PM
When i'm older i might be thinking of joining the army but not as a private maybe an officer.

FYI that requires college, just so ya know.

I feel the need to rant about women, that last sentence of mine just made me more annoyed.......bringing it back up that is......

I guess this time its really my gf more than women in general, the general overemotionalness is greatly shown by her.

Not that I am that upset that she didnt leave home early, she had her reasons initally, then was stuck with it mostly and couldnt change her mind. She decided later she didnt wanna go re-see some of her fam before she left(she has really annoying younger cousins) but her mom went ahead and made plans for all of them a week in advance. really its the gf's fault for deciding so late and planning so poorly ahead, and she knew right away she wanted to avoid not seeing each other so much over break. but planned to not stop to see me anyways, 4 weeks ago. I just said whatever its up to you then and still do......but reserve my right to bitch about not seeing other as it was her choice not mine, I drove up to her place last week for new years and spent a fairly large amount of $$$ to do so.

so I calmly explained that us not seeing other this weekend was her choice, I simply coulnt afford to drop tons of cash on food and gas again with my brothers wedding out of state in 2 weeks, me taking her with and paying for it.....

Plus, if would be silly to drive 2.5 hours up there just to leave yesterday and have her drive past my ****ing house today on her way to school. Giant waste of gas and gas money.

This was an epiphany to her, that us not seeing eachother this weekend is mostly due to a choice she conciously made a month ago without remotely thinking of the reprocussions of it at all. She has very little ability to plan anything ahead while considering outside circumstances and its ill effects, which is why I had to plan out our new years 3 different times because 'confiicts' that have alway existed in her schedule came to mind at odd times, that should have been layed out before I bothered to plan it out. Then proceded to make plans for us contrary to the schedule already lined up so some of the previous plans had to be cancelled. Its really her only flaw, planning and thinking ahead, its just awful. luckily it doesnt happen often at all I guess. but it really makes planning things ahead awful for me becuase its almost pointless. We talked about taking a vacation over spring break pretty seriously and had mentioned places and I looked at costs, only to have her tell her mom she planned to be home over spring break while I was there, cuz she had forgot we were making plans..........but she wants to go over the summer, I'll try and wait to plan this until she tells her mom she'll be home for every major weekend that we could vacation for the summer so I dont do work for no reason prolly. Having to reserve your gf's time and constantly remind her that she cant make those plans is annoying I guess, its mostly with her mom, which I wouldnt usualyl complain about, except her and her mom fight alot, and mom keeps telling her we dont have a very serious relationship and that it prolly wont last, this has been since we spoke of anything serious around her at 7 months, and the end of month 12 is 3 weeks away. Coming from a woman that got married at 18, divored at 40, and married the only guy she dated since the divorce, who is kind of a prick, a great relationship advisor............

but she has a weekness to tell her mom she will do what she wants to avoid fights, the other end of this is that she has to beg her mom to LOAN her money to pay bills so she can go to school she got her tuition paid for by securing a scholoarship for tuition, which her mom wouldnt help with, and has to beg for help for rent/bills/tuition. I put the gas in her tank to see me when she drives to see me, pay for meals etc so that her having a bf basically has no impact on her basically emtpy wallet, and her mom still says things about not seeing me if she doesnt have the money even though she knows I bankroll the trips.

Sometimes peoples ****ed up families just really miff me, I have a very veyr stable family life, hell, after a fight witha landlord my parents told me to just move home and ditch the lease, and are now telling me to NOT move out knowing I am paying off a loan from school too, to save money from rent and use it to pay off school, and use to go back and get job qualifications. Her mom wants her to move home after school she says, but treats her like crpa most of the time she is home because she infringes on her life with her new husband, who treats my gf like ****. I guess I am spoiled as **** on that side of the deal so most everyone elses family looks awful or something, atleast with the girls I date. She acts even worse when I am around, the step dad talks to me far more than the mom ever does.

but thats my rant, my disclaimer is that really my gf doesnt piss me off that much, its just been fairly repressed and I miss her, and her mom gets on my nerves and jammed her nose in our business alot last weekend. And once i get going......its hard to stop.

but yes, so when I told her that in fact we didnt see each other because she decided we werent going to weeks ago, she got really upset and started crying, even though I was very clear that I was upset, and that I am not mad, but that she decided to leave when she did and she didnt do anything at all this weekend but bitch to me that she was bored, she could have gotten everything done to come back to school saturday, if not earlier, becuase she was bored all week she said too, calling me like 8 times a day at work to say hi and chit chat, then should could have tried to do the crap with her mom saturday instead and left sunday, or been ready to go sunday at 3 when she got done getting manicures with her mom and aunt and left, but she decided to watch 35 hours of TLC reruns, and thats cool its her vacation, but she made the choice, she started crying and apolozing and saying she was really sad and blah blah blah.

I'm probably a bad person for that, cuz I knew that was the likely outcome, but she wanted to know why I was 'being a grouch'

I also apologize for the poor flow that probably exists, I had to stop and do stuff a few times since I am work reintalling a machine, and the stupid input box is too small to really re-read it for clarity w/o posting it first
 Daft Adidas
01-08-2007, 12:36 PM
yeh i went back to school today too it was ok. Kinda weird though as u said. I don't mind college or university though i'm thinking of being a Sgt or lieutenant (not sure with spelling there)
 Nitro
01-08-2007, 1:49 PM
Well, a lieutenant is an officer, so you've got to have a college/university degree or diploma... And if you want to be a sergeant, well that's gonna take a few years too. The average age of E-5 sergeants in the US Army is 26, and you can figure that most of them joined when they were 18 or 19.
 Zargon
01-08-2007, 1:56 PM
of course, if go to college, and fail out of OCS you are an E-5 :D

If you are even close to a degree get it and go OCS. You will get out of alot of the army's BS by not dealing with enlistment. OCS still sucks, my buddy is trudging though it right now, but hes making alot more going to 11Bang Bang school than the enlisted guys are, ALOT more
 Daft Adidas
01-08-2007, 2:04 PM
well...... i'm Brittish so it might be a bit different but thanks for the help and comments. :)
 edlib
01-08-2007, 2:15 PM
D'ja get that thing I sent you? ;)

Seriously... how bad did I hork your inbox?
 Nute Gunray
01-08-2007, 2:26 PM
Stupid eyes why did you fail me so I couldn't be an naval aviator like I wanted to. I wanted to fly Vikings :(

Of course, then all that stuff with that girl never would have happened because I'd have been her superior. or never met her at all.
 edlib
01-08-2007, 2:55 PM
well...... i'm Brittish so it might be a bit different but thanks for the help and comments. :)
I imagine the RAF has similar requirements all around.

Ahh... the RAF. I definitely would have signed up for that service.
 Rogue15
01-08-2007, 5:36 PM
i joined when i turned 20. it's been..damn..about 3 years. hoping to go back soon. either as reservist mp or active duty mp. (military police) if not that MOS, something with intel. I was going to go to college for ROTC last time i went in, with the gi bill or whatnot, but this time just going in to be a soldier. I don't have any other plans for my future, and no bitchy girl such as what Zarg here has. (j/k :p ) Then again, I don't even know if i'm still egligable for military, as I failed the first time, so i'll need a waiver for that, and i'll also need a waiver for being a homeschooled highschool graduate. If I can't get those, then well...i don't know what I'll do.
 edlib
01-08-2007, 7:38 PM
Well,.. I saw the person I so carelessly leaked our vital intel to last week at work this afternoon. She didn't say anything that led me to believe she had been exposed to the fullness of the XWA experience.

From this I can only conclude:
A.) She hasn't come here yet...
or:
B.) She has come here, and was so deeply disturbed and traumatized by what she found that she is in deep denial and has set up a vault-like mental block just to cope.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards 'A'.
She didn't have the haunted, troubled look that I would expect from someone in a state of 'B'.

This lead me inevitably to another conclusion:
A.) She is too busy with work and/or life to take the time to check out a couple of questionable internet links e-mailed to her...
or:
B.) Was just never all that interested to begin with, and was feigning it in order to seem polite.

She seems to claim 'A'... yet I'm heavily leaning on 'B' for this one folks. If experience and history have shown us all just one thing... it is the very true fact that NOBODY has ever been so busy that they couldn't take the time to click on a questionable internet link at work. :dozey:
That's like 90% of the work day spent in front of a screen for most people!

So I...we... may have just lucked out on this one... whew!

Of course, she still has the links in her possession... she could choose to dredge up this info, and use it to blackmail me at a most inopportune time.

I must be cautious...
:joy:

Work was slow.
We had a guy in to inspect the safety of all the rigging of the building. Basically, we just stayed out of his way, and tried to just be handy if he needed anything answered.

He said we weren't in too bad of shape, all things considered (mainly the age of the venue...) but there were a lot of things we should replace and/or be paying attention to to really meet all the current codes.

He's going to write up a full report that we should have in a few weeks to act upon.

It's possible our entire venue will be razed to the ground in a couple of years, however.
I'm not sure how that is going to effect how we follow all the recommendations.
 Rogue15
01-09-2007, 2:41 AM
work was nothing today, another day down the ****ter. still, managed 100 pushups in half an hour before going in. about ran out of gas pulling out of the driveway, fortunately we have a gas station like 1/16 a mile from here, so i said give me an overdraft on my checking and put $28 in (full tank) hopefully it doesn't clear the bank til thursday evening....otherwise i be angry. o well!

went into work then and it was boring slow and the stupid printer decided to be lame and crash on us, but we fixed it and it was still slow...came home on my lunch, went back to work and then came back home...

got home, watched some of 24 seas 1 w/my sis and then messed on computer and managed to get galaxies back on with 2.5 gigs to spare. the installation files to world of warcraft took up about 3 gigs.

tomorrow my plans are to clean my room, basically put all my clothes away, workout, get my landlord to take a look at our water heater as the shower runs cold after 5 minutes of use (good for me as my sister doesnt have an excuse to take forever in the shower while i'm holding my bladder waiting to take a piss), and see if we can fit a washer on the kitchen sink faucet, as the cold water keeps dripping out of the handle like lame.

once that's all through i'm going to watch Dune, movie i'm borrowing from my landlord, i've never seen it before, apprarantly it's really good or something (2 and half hours long tho...) so i'll watch it.

My knees are still hurting like bad, when i kneel down to pick something up, it's embarrassing as they crack and pop. I don't know what i need to do to get that fixed, other than surgery which i will NOT have....no way someone is gonna take my kneecap off.......****ing ouch.
 edlib
01-09-2007, 6:10 AM
The David Lynch version of 'Dune'?

Ugh.

It has a couple of moments... but for the most part it's pretty bad if you ask me.
The extended cut is supposed to be a pretty vast improvement, but I haven't seen that one yet.

The Sci-Fi Channel mini-series version that came out a couple of years ago is far more accurate to the source material, even if the actors aren't as all 'A-List'.
I hope that's the version you have...

David Lynch was just the wrong director for that film, IMHO. How exactly do you go from something like "Eraserhead" to that, anyway?

Of course, the book is a massive epic... with far, far more ideas on every page than you could realistically hope to get up on screen in a 2 hour movie and still hope for it to make any kind of sense... so maybe I do need to forgive him that.

Still... it's one of the greatest sci-fi stories of all time, and one of my favorites. Seeing it botched like that has never quite left my system. Every time I hear of one of my favorite books ('Lord Of The Rings'; 'Hitchhiker's Guide'...) being made for silver screen I always have the same reaction: "God... I hope they don't pull a "Dune" on this one..."

(Oh... and for the record: I read the books after seeing the movie... so I had no preconceptions the first time I saw it. I still thought it sucked. Even more so now that I've seen the other version and read the first book through a couple of times.)

I read somewhere once that David Lynch was up for the director position for Return Of The Jedi at one point, but had to turn it down to work on Dune.

That would have been wrong. So very very wrong...

But if it's the Sci-Fi channel version: I approve. Not exactly perfect... but could be a lot worse.

Strange... Something just hit me: I was having an almost identical conversation about this with my co-worker (who is a massive and rabid David Lynch fan...) just a couple of moments before I let slip the information about the location of our secret hidden rebel base.

Hmmmmm...
 Rogue15
01-09-2007, 11:44 AM
i'm borrowing the vhs copy and it's by david lynch....umm the dvd copy is extended director's cut by John Harrison. anyways, gonna watch both...lol
 Zargon
01-09-2007, 1:01 PM

oh.

well in that case.

I have no clue, and they dont have it outlined well at all on the sites I just browsed
 Zargon
01-09-2007, 1:10 PM
i I don't have any other plans for my future, and no bitchy girl such as what Zarg here has. (j/k :p )

trust me, this is the good one, my ex is the bitchy one............ :king1:

the david lynch one has patrick stewart right? all the guys at work think that one is better than the Sci Fi one
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-09-2007, 2:23 PM
People at work care not for my sci-fi geekdom. I think it's sad. .

I have not read Dune.... I know, I'm a bad monkey. I'm sorry. Do i have to turn in my geek card?

ALot of stuff for me to accomplish over the next few days. Post-Action plan for work, and set up and direct a new saftey team. Fun fun fun.
 Zargon
01-09-2007, 2:36 PM
I haven't read it either, we are a bit young crankhead, we are not of the book generation! plus it was old when we were babies.

I live in sci fi geekdom at work. Popular topics on Monday morning are Friday's BSG and Dr. No or Who or whatever it is that I dont watch, and we used to of course discuss Enterprise.
 Daft Adidas
01-09-2007, 2:47 PM
Dr who? that's quite popular here i quit like it myself u should watch it sometimes. :)
 edlib
01-09-2007, 3:02 PM
the david lynch one has patrick stewart right? all the guys at work think that one is better than the Sci Fi one
Patrick Stewart was the one good bit of casting.
Kyle Mac-whatshisname and Sting were the most glaring bits of really bad casting.

The guys at work are wrong.

But I guess it's all about what you grew up with. If they like that one, good for them. I just always found it a slow-moving, muddy, confusing, badly acted and scripted mess with terrible visual effects and soundtrack...

But maybe that's just me...

Let us know what you think about the A/B comparison, 15.
 Rogue15
01-09-2007, 4:51 PM
it was slow-paced and made very little sense, maybe i'll like the sci-fi special edition version more. the best part of the movie was the big battle near the end.
 edlib
01-09-2007, 5:57 PM
Well, it's much easier to follow, since it has time to introduce all the characters (and there are a hell of a lot of them!) and play out the story properly.

The scenery backdrops and some of the F.X. do show a little bit of their "made-for-T.V." origins though... but the story is a hell of a lot more clear.
 Rogue15
01-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Called and talked to my friend (the one in the air force) today, which was cool as i haven't talked to him since like october, hard to catch him on his day off.

I was on galaxies for a bit, rushed in with a bunch of friends and kicked some rebels out of the weapons facility on Talus. They kept coming back for more, so we killed them a few more times, then I logged off for supper w/my parents, then when they left my landlords called and said i could borrow the movie 'Crank' that they rented, just got done watching it. It was pretty cool, not something I would wanna watch w/my parents though. :p

Now i'm probably going to go work out for about an hour or so.. I gotta lose about 30 pounds...i think my weight could have something to do with my knees being sore, it snowed so i guess my plans of running are foiled. Regardless, i'm going to buy a new pair of sneakers on thursday. Wish the damn glucosamine stuff would kick in and do its job!!! :(
 edlib
01-10-2007, 7:36 AM
Got a few things done at work yesterday: We finally had some crew show up to work. Only 2 of them, though... the giant list of projects I had that would have taken 20 people 3 weeks of working 8-hour days to get through has had to be modified somewhat, as we only have to the end of the week to do any of these projects before we get too busy again. I had to prioritize things pretty severely.

I just not better hear anything, not one damn thing, out of any of their mouths that they need more money or haven't been working enough once they all bother to report back in... :rolleyes:

I personally spent the day cleaning and re-organizing the office somewhat. I only got about half-way through it before the dust really started choking me and making me wheeze and cough worse than I already had been. So now it's a much worse state than when I started... but it should be easy to pick up where I left off today and finish.

Once home I tackled a new mp3 project. I managed to barrage some more inboxes before my e-mail client started reporting that the attachments were too big. Now I either have to convert them down a notch or 2, or break them into smaller chunks. I guess that's what I'll do when I get home tonight.

It's nice to have a project of some sort to keep me occupied when I get home... keeps me from just parking my ass in front of the TV for 5 or 6 hours until I get too tired and give up and go to bed. Plus, it helps to keep my mind off how lame and isolated my life is at the moment. At least it feels like I'm getting something accomplished that other people might just garner some joy from...

I woke up in the middle of the night with a really nasty coughing fit... but since then I haven't been coughing nearly as much or as badly. Perhaps I managed to clear out whatever was causing the tickle in my throat and the heaviness and pressure in my chest.

Of course, that's bound to all change once I start up moving stuff around in my office again... :rolleyes:

I'm going to call today about getting my Strat overhauled completely. I really can't live with it in the condition that it's in right now. I don't know when it became my most-used guitar... but I've really missed it since it fell apart last month.

I might also buy another one anyway... I still want an Eric Johnson signature model. Doing both might set me back a bit... but I think I can handle it at this point.
 Daft Adidas
01-10-2007, 11:06 AM
School was ok today. We didn't do much we wrote a long thing about what we wanted to do this year (short term targets- long- wishes and stuff)
 Zargon
01-10-2007, 6:38 PM
I worked on a long continuing project at work all afternoon. This month marks one year of me working on it.

We are slowly but surely distributing a true mesh open source wireless network in and around our downtown area to help promote business and commerce. ITs been ALONG TIME coming.

Here is the site they have with info:
http://www.cuwin.net/projects/urbana)

It was extremely frustrating as a year ago, when I started, there was basically no support from CUWiN, I was given ALOT of informkation, most of which wasnt really correct, a lot of equipment, and told to make it work. It was the first time in about 3 years that I was touching UNIX again, and I certainly hadnt messed with anything advanced in about 4. Was way way way in over my head, I toiled and toiled and toiled for a few months, until the CUWiN project expanded and got some new employees, and this really got the ball moving.

Now I can sit at lunch in the mall across the street from my office and surf the net and check email.

We have the mesh backbone up all over downtown, but are now begaining to setup the front end that provides usable wireless internet connections. Until now people sorta had to make due on their own, were told it was there and had FAQ's on setting up a linksys WRT54G to be the front end.

Now we are putting out equipment and really making it usable, so its now getting pretty cool.

Anything else I could type can all be found on the CUWiN site and probably better explained there.
 Zargon
01-10-2007, 6:41 PM
oh, I started a class wednesday, back to school after a year and a half off.

Javascript, looks to be pretty boring for the first month, but this is half review for me and is a ramp up to get me going on learning ASP SQL and getting my microsoft certifications so I can eventually get a more administrative job and move away from front line tech BS.

it reminds me that I dislike school, so much busy work and stupid crap to put up with. Atleast my Prof is pretty laid back and old school.

If things continue on the route they have been with the current gf(its been just shy of a year), the ball will be rolling for the end of dating life in October next year, its wierd for me to think that this early to me, after a 4 year, but I guess everything is so much better than the last relationshiop, and really every relationship I have been in before, far far far more compatible emotionally, physically, mentally, just everything. This is sort of prompting my education, shes a chicago subrub girl that cant imagine not living up there when married and having kids there because its 'so much better' than downstate(ok so I lied a few posts up, this is our other point of friction)

I realize that to be marketable in the incredibly competitive fast moving job market up there, I will be forced to get certified to even get interviews there, because for some reason experience doesnt mean jack

so back to school it is, sadly, taking night classes, I am prolly the second youngest person in the 15 person class........most everyone else is gray or dying their hair to hide it.

woot 10 days and 100 posts! twice as many as we had at this point last year, and the whole year we averaged just over 2 posts a day over the whole year
Page: 2 of 5