Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

new planet problems

Page: 1 of 1
 parazite_X_
11-05-2006, 3:23 PM
HELP PLZ

i started adding a new planet to kotor TSL but i need a file called a_galaxymap.nss and cant find it in kotor tools under Bif's/scripts.bif/script source! i might be somewhere else that i dont know ! so any help is gladly accepted :D
 rquotient
11-05-2006, 4:12 PM
HELP PLZ

i started adding a new planet to kotor TSL but i need a file called a_galaxymap.nss and cant find it in kotor tools under Bif's/scripts.bif/script source! i might be somewhere else that i dont know ! so any help is gladly accepted :D

I don't know about the source, but I found two similar compiled scripts under Rims:

RIMs/Modules/001EBO_s.rim/Script, Compiled/a_galaxy_map.ncs
RIMs/Modules/003EBO_s.rim/Script, Compiled/a_galaxymap.ncs

You should be able to get the source from that if you can find a decompiler.
 Tupac Amaru
11-05-2006, 4:45 PM
You can find the source code for a_galaxymap in this tutorial:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=151295)
 parazite_X_
11-05-2006, 4:45 PM
thx alot _galaxy_map.ncs was the one i was looking for ! i just didn't look in the ebonhawk script files !:D thx again
 Dashus
11-05-2006, 4:49 PM
003EBO is very likely the one you want as 001EBO is the prologue's Ebon Hawk Interior. You can grab all the decompiled scripts we have at TSLRP from our downloads section: http://www.team-gizka.org/downloads.html)

[Edit - Wow that was a train wreck of posts :p]
 parazite_X_
11-05-2006, 5:05 PM
cool thx all now i got all my files but the darn compiler/decomp hazard x doesnt want to compile my nss to ncs ! what the heck ?
 Lit Ridl
11-06-2006, 8:10 AM
cool thx all now i got all my files but the darn compiler/decomp hazard x doesnt want to compile my nss to ncs ! what the heck ?
You have to place all include files in the same directory with the compiler.
Those files are:

k_inc_hawk.nss
k_inc_glob_party.nss
k_oei_hench_inc.nss
k_inc_debug.nss
k_inc_generic.nss
k_inc_utility.nss
k_inc_gensupport.nss
k_inc_walkways.nss
k_inc_drop.nss

Actually not all of them needed but...

Ah! And don't forget to place nwscript.nss (From Kotor II) in the same folder with your compiler.
Now you may compile everything easily.
 parazite_X_
11-07-2006, 12:27 AM
cool you got me a step further but now hazard x messes arround again:
E:\RAR zips\kotorcomp>NWNNSSCOMP -co Override\* Override\
'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic' Script Compiler/Decompiler
based on 'NeverWinter Nights' Script Compiler/Decompiler
Copyright 2002-2003, Edward T. Smith
Modified by Hazard (hazard_x@gmx.net)

Error: Too many arguments
Usage:
nwnnsscomp [-cdeox] [-t#] [-v#] infile [outfile]

infile - name of the input file.
outfile - name of the output file.
-c - Compile the script (default)
-d - Decompile the script (can't be used with -c)
-e - Enable non-Bioware extensions
-o - Optimize the compiled source
-x - Extract script from NWN data files
-vx.xx - Set the version of the compiler
-t1 - Perform a compilation test with BIF scripts
-t2 - Perform a compilation test with the given module
-t3 - Optimization space saving report with the given module
-t4 - Perform a compilation test with the given file or files

E:\RAR zips\kotorcomp>pause
Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer...

so what do i do now ?
 Lit Ridl
11-07-2006, 1:32 AM
You may get this premade thing (http://www.starwarsknights.com/forumdl/nsscomp.zip).
Launch it, and it will compile everything I suppose.
 parazite_X_
11-07-2006, 2:12 AM
nah still doesnt work !
 Lit Ridl
11-07-2006, 2:57 AM
nah still doesnt work !
So, you need to nwnnsscomp.exe in your folder and this tool should be place in the same place with nwnnsscomp.exe

If nothing works, send me thsoe files by e-mail and I'll compile them.
 parazite_X_
11-07-2006, 8:29 AM
ok whats ur email adress ?

Please use the PM (Private Message) system to exchange Email addresses, we don't allow the posting of Email addresses here on the forums, thanks. -RH
 Darkkender
11-07-2006, 4:09 PM
The problem is your using the Hazard X compiler and not the one that comes with Kotor Tool. Fred made a new version of Nwnnsscomp that handles TSL scripts as well as Kotor 1 scripts. There was some additions in the nwscript.nss file for K2 that Hazard X's can't handle. Check the Starwarsknights.com tools section for the recent version of nwnnsscomp that you should be using.
 parazite_X_
11-07-2006, 10:44 PM
ok thx now how do i get a script to work ? i made a puppet script n now i got mu puppet uti and the ncs files needed ! what do i doo now ?
 Darkkender
11-08-2006, 4:47 PM
Please refer to our various tutorials in the scripting section at Holowan Labs as you will find puppet scripting tutorials there just like the new planet tutorial that you were refered to earlier.
 parazite_X_
11-08-2006, 10:33 PM
yeah i did but nothing explains me how to fire it it only tell me what files to modify to make the puppet now i need to know to use it i browsed trough a lot of tut in the forum but like i said none tell's me how to make it work !

and also some tut dont even fit with TSL wich is the one im modding
n when i ask questions like this its cauz i havent found an answer in the old post or tutorails !
 parazite_X_
11-10-2006, 1:08 AM
ok now i got all the good files i open txt ed in kotor tool i select kotor 2 script i make my script i save as k_inc_hawk.nss i hit F5 it tells me that it loaded somefiles like k_inc_glob_party.nss
and it says total execution time 47 s

but still i made a search troughout my 4 hd's the k_inc_hawk.ncs is nowhere to be found
what am i doing wrong ??
 Lit Ridl
11-10-2006, 1:42 AM
ok now i got all the good files i open txt ed in kotor tool i select kotor 2 script i make my script i save as k_inc_hawk.nss i hit F5 it tells me that it loaded somefiles like k_inc_glob_party.nss
and it says total execution time 47 s

but still i made a search troughout my 4 hd's the k_inc_hawk.ncs is nowhere to be found
what am i doing wrong ??
k_inc_hawk is include script, it will nor compile.
Place it in your Kotor II/Override folder, and Kotor Tool will load your script in all scripts that have #include "k_inc_hawk"
For example a_galaxymap is script that will load it from your Override folder.
But no k_inc_* scripts can be compiled!
Page: 1 of 1