Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Still no AT-PT in FoC ?

Page: 1 of 1
 Kasan Moor
05-15-2006, 10:02 AM
Hrm, same question like for EaW: Will there be AT-PT's available in this expansion as a ground unit for the empire?
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
05-15-2006, 10:08 AM
Hmm , I though At-pt's Were EU? But yeah the Eclipse is in there too , It could be . i give it a 70 % Ratio
 DarthMaulUK
05-15-2006, 11:40 AM
ask at the live dev chat

DMUK
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
05-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Yeah , When is the Dev Live chat? wasn't it 25 of May?...
 Jan Gaarni
05-15-2006, 12:03 PM
25th of May, 3 PM Pacific Standard Time.
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
05-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Yes , I have vacation then .. K , staying up until Midnight to ask questions is Fun! Just grab some redbull :D and be ready
 TronusNavigon
05-15-2006, 3:06 PM
Heh, I replaced Tie Maulers with Pod Walkers for the Empire. Tie Maulers... let's be honest... they looked like Tonka trucks shaped like Tie-Fighters. I let the pirates have em...
 Kasan Moor
05-15-2006, 4:10 PM
ask at the live dev chat

DMUK

ok, erhm, can someone ask the devs about the at-pt for the empire in the dev-chat, please? :vsd:
 Jan Gaarni
05-16-2006, 11:33 AM
I'll see what I can do.
 whiteflash
05-16-2006, 11:37 AM
what time is 3 PM Pacific Standard Time in the uk?
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
05-16-2006, 12:02 PM
Euhm .. lets see if 12 o'Clock is here in the netherland then its 11 o'clock in Uk? ( or is it 1 Hour Plus ?)
 Destroyder121
05-16-2006, 1:05 PM
25th of May, 3 PM Pacific Standard Time.In GMT, please..
 Commander Obi-Wan
05-16-2006, 1:53 PM
alright..

For North America
3PM Pacific Standard Time
4PM Mountain Standard Time
5PM Central Standard Time
6PM Eastern Standard Time

London 11PM

Austrailia 8AM the next day....
 PoiuyWired
05-18-2006, 11:57 AM
We NEED the AT-PT

or else the dreadnaught.
 wedge2211
05-18-2006, 7:21 PM
Pod walkers are basically AT-PTs.
 aggie_john
05-18-2006, 10:49 PM
I hope the AT-PT is in there too. I hope they consider fixing the techs as well. Puting the clone war stuff in the early techs and the new stuff like AT-ST's in the later ones. Example turbotanks, podwalkers tech one, and so on. Perhaps include the AT-TE as a low level AT-AT.
 slornie
05-22-2006, 5:52 AM
dreadnaughts would be good...as would carack cuisers and lancer frigates...but i reckon that would be pushing it...
 aggie_john
05-22-2006, 2:39 PM
I dont think its pushing it at all. I would love to see more ships and units. They dont need to be special. All I want is varation. The game is too much a paper rock sissors game each ship is designed to counter another. We should have the choice of a group of ships that do the same job they would vary in price, power, speed and so on.
 Thrawn
05-24-2006, 8:54 PM
Perhaps they could introduce an upgrade/replace system. Like they did with the X-wing in campaign, the Imps start out with a Tartan, then advance to a Lancer frigate.

Likewise, rebels can get a carrack, then advance it to a dreadnaught, or the other way around, I forget which one came first.
 Admiral Sith
05-24-2006, 9:51 PM
The Rebels never used Carracks, they were a pure Imperial design.
 aggie_john
05-25-2006, 2:40 PM
See I dont want upgrades I want both ships. One is a cheap option the other a more expensive one.
 Elukka
05-26-2006, 6:03 AM
Pod walkers are basically AT-PTs.

I'm not sure about that, at least they're not supposed to be similar. The AT-PT is more like the AT-RT. However, weren't most AT-PT's lost with Katana fleet?
 Darth Anarch
05-26-2006, 1:19 PM
In any case, the devs told us straight out in the Developer Chat that there won't be any AT-PTs in the expansion. And I agree; it would be too similar to the Pod Walker for there to be much point. I'd rather have something new and different, like the DarkTroopers.
 jedi3112
05-28-2006, 7:47 PM
The AT-PT doesn't come anywhere near the podwalkers, and if it was similar to them, the podwalkers should be kicked out at once and the AT-PT should take their place in the Imperial ground Forces straight away. Besides, if TIE tanks have a place in EAW, the AT-PT sure as hell has a place in the game. Still, some SW games seem to be cursed. Though there are some good ones as well, mostly old games by now (like TIE Fighter). But KOTOR 1 is one of the best games I've played. The original EAW didn't go deep enough into the SW universe.

Still, EA messed the C&C series up with generals, so I wonder if C&C3 Tiberium Wars will be any good. General didn't have the C&C feel, much like EAW and KOTOR 2 didn't have the SW feel.

Unfortunatly these days people just get put a SW title on their game, without actually doing proper research of the SW universe, and the same thing applies to C&C.
 scorpx
05-28-2006, 10:30 PM
pod walkers are super at-pts and they need to put in those venators (with turbo lasers not lasers like the ones in the mapeditor) and CIS ships like the com frigates with those ultra heavy turbolasers and the ring carriers. Also just so you know the tartan is a patetic mini-carrack
 darthcarth
05-29-2006, 12:22 PM
scorpx im going to have to disagree at-pts are anti infantry type walkers a pod walker can do hardly any damage to infgantry in the original unless it walks over them the at-pt was ment to take care of infatry with its guns and if they were super at-pts why do the pirates have them?
 PoiuyWired
05-29-2006, 1:18 PM
Well AT-PTs are supposed to be small, fast, firepower, and relatively easy to produce. SO A unit of PTs would have more guys, reasonable anti-personel ability and good anti-light-vehicles.
 Darth Anarch
05-29-2006, 2:45 PM
When you think about it there really isn't any need for AT-PTs in the game. You have AT-STs, TIE Maulers and regular Stormtroopers that all serve as anti-infantry units. Not to mention that in the expansion you also get three different types of DarkTroopers. AT-PTs, cool as they are, are really redundant.
 jedi3112
05-29-2006, 4:28 PM
It's easily solved, just kick the TIE tanks out. AT-OT would have very good anti infantry and still be decent against light armor, though it may not beat a T1-B 1 on 1 (mostly due to shielding). The AT-PT would have a special ability much like the grenades from MJ. The AT-PT itself would have very reasonable armor for it's role and cost. It wouldn't be too fast, but it would be faster than the AT-ST.

Compared to the TIE tank the AT-PT would sacrifice speed for armor and get a better special weapon as well as a bit more firepower. This would be a very good deal, as the AT-PT wouldn't require much speed, just enough to get slightly ahead of the main force (consisting of AT-ATs and AT-STs). Anymore speed is just wasted, and the increase in armor is much needed.

They pretty much made a mistake with the TIE tank, and it's about time it was corrected. The same thing goes for the tartar/lancer story.
Page: 1 of 1