Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium - Released

Page: 3 of 5
 Badali
06-06-2006, 1:26 PM
i downloaded this mod a few days ago. And when i went to talk to Bastila there was no sound, the volume was up and i could background sound but not her voice. Do you hear Bastila or anyone else talk in this. Is there something i am doing wrong?
 Arбtoeldar
06-06-2006, 9:05 PM
Any one know how long it takes PCgamemods or Lucasfiles to update to a new version? Both are showing 1.23 in the version number.
 logan essex
06-06-2006, 10:24 PM
I've been looking for it, but can't find it.
His W.I.P says he shut down for awhile

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=157555)
 The Source
06-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Yes. I did stop working on KotOR II mods for the time being. At the moment, I am getting ready to take a vacation. I will be releasing the final version of DAP in at least two weeks. After getting out of college for the summer, I didn't get the chance to unwind. I promise to be back soon, and I will release the mod upon my return. :)

Since I didn't get feedback as of lately, I didn't think anyone was really intrested in this mod. So, I thought I would take my time. Sorry for the mixup. I will be back soon with a release. I am heading to Main for two weeks starting in the morning.

MacLeodCorp.
 Badali
06-07-2006, 11:15 AM
I downloaded this mod a few days ago and so far it is awesome. Except there is no sound during the speech. For example when bastilas talking there is no sound to her voice. Is there something i did wrong?
 mimartin
06-07-2006, 12:26 PM
I downloaded this mod a few days ago and so far it is awesome. Except there is no sound during the speech. For example when bastilas talking there is no sound to her voice. Is there something i did wrong?

No, you did not do anything wrong. This is original work by MacLeodCorp, thus he had no sound data to use for the conversation with Bastila. You just have to read it as you use your imagination. I believe if MacLeodCorp really wanted to do a first rate Mod he would have hired Jennifer Hale to do a voice over for this Mod (Just Joking).

No, this is a wonderful Mod which I have played many times with no problems. He did recycle sounds for the Aliens, but was unable to do so with the English language.

Hope the reassures you and MacLeodCorp just wanted you to know that I am still wanting patiently for the updated version. Thanks again for your wonderful mod!
 logan essex
06-07-2006, 1:56 PM
Yes. I did stop working on KotOR II mods for the time being. At the moment, I am getting ready to take a vacation. I will be releasing the final version of DAP in at least two weeks. After getting out of college for the summer, I didn't get the chance to unwind. I promise to be back soon, and I will release the mod upon my return. :)

Since I didn't get feedback as of lately, I didn't think anyone was really intrested in this mod. So, I thought I would take my time. Sorry for the mixup. I will be back soon with a release. I am heading to Main for two weeks starting in the morning.

MacLeodCorp.

sorry for not talking a lot
I have a futures mod list on my favorites that I look at almost daily
Not to be rude, I saw you would have release dates and then change the dates which was kind of a bummer when it didn't happen

p.s.-- to anyone who would respond to the above statement with comments like complex project, school and "real" life,,,,,I know(everybody knows)

Anyway, THANX to all you wonderful modders out there. you have made my visits to my favorite universe greater and more interesting.
(my girlfriend isn't so happy about it)
 woogiee
06-07-2006, 3:41 PM
Started my first game with this mod last night on the dark side. Did everything on telos, dantooine and am at the start of Narshada and love it so far.

Only a few things i didnt like about it:

My usual route to get my lightsaber by killing Lootra for the last piece, I did got the one on telos though, was replaced with Nia (i think thats her name). Not a big deal, I just cant remember another fast way to get my saber made :p.

The only other thing is Bastilla killed MIssion!?!?!?!? :ball: and i killed Bastilla!?!?!?!?!? :ball:

Aside from that great mod!!!

*edit*
I found Lootra in a different room then I remember him being in... maybe im just an idiot...
 neovu79
06-08-2006, 3:52 AM
I'm a little confused. In order for the mod to kick in, I have to start a brand new game? That's assuming that I don't have a save at Telos.
 mimartin
06-08-2006, 1:12 PM
I'm a little confused. In order for the mod to kick in, I have to start a brand new game? That's assuming that I don't have a save at Telos.

Start a brand new game or have a save right before you reach Telos.
 Takumi3000
06-08-2006, 5:58 PM
Just wondering the Clothing that the Bastilla in Telos or Dantooine is wearing, is it possible to get those in-game too?
 mimartin
06-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Just wondering the Clothing that the Bastilla in Telos or Dantooine is wearing, is it possible to get those in-game too?

If you read the first page MacLeodCorp answers this question. Look at posts 22 -24.
 Takumi3000
06-11-2006, 4:15 AM
If you read the first page MacLeodCorp answers this question. Look at posts 22 -24.

thats too bad.....i think they looked like one of the best robes in the game and not generic at all. oh well.
 The Source
06-12-2006, 5:28 PM
:dsaber: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT :dsaber:
I made an executive modding discision. The upgrade to DAP is on hiatus. Due to the wanting of rest and relaxation, I decided to put a hold on its release. At the current moment, I am running my harddrive game free. When there is something important about DAP to post, I will post new information here. From where I stand now, I think that DAP is in a complete state. I enjoyed working on the project with so many great people. Over the past year and a half, I have worked with some of the most talented modders I have encountered.

I would like to take the time to thank to following people, for they have inspired my curiosity, challanged my wisdom, and helped push for DAP's final cut.

Jae Onasi (Editor and Beta Testing)
Responsible for dialogue editing, story editing, and the testing of mod functionality and playability.

Darth InSidious (Beta-Testing)
Responsible for testing the functionality of mod execution and playability.

T7nowhere (Lightsaber Developer)
Responsible for the development of various lightsabers.
Contributed the following: Bastila’s Lightsaber and the Dark Apprentice Lightsaber.

Commas (Robes Developer)
Responsible for the development of texture for robes.
Contributed the following: Dark ‘Apprentice’ Robes, Dark ‘Padawan’ Robes
(Also includes any other robes that use similar texture files.)

Darth Moeller (Robes Developer)
Responsible for the development of texture for robes.
Contributed the following: Dark ‘Jedi’ Robes
(Also includes any other robes that use similar texture files.)

Darth333 & ChAiNz.2da (Script Guidance and Advice)

Lucasforums.com Visitors
Feedback and Support

--------------------------------

THANK YOU ALL
MacLeodCorp. (Mod Coordinator)
Responsible for scripting, module editing, story development, and dialogue creation.
Contributed the following textures: Dia’s Clothes, Bastila’s Clothes and Darkside Transitions, PC Darkside Transitions, Nomi’s Clothes, Dagobah ‘Exile’ Robes

Keep an eye out for DAP in Fan-Fiction form.
 CaptainWhyNot
06-12-2006, 6:50 PM
DAP's upgrade is on hiatus. At the moment, I am running my computer game free.

:crybaby: Sorry to hear that. I myself have just gotten Windows re-installed and working, re-installed TSL, and am in the process of installing the mods I want to use. I was, and I'm sure others were, looking forward to playing your next version of DAP. But, I guess I'll have to settle with v. 1.00.23 (which is at least newer than the last one tried [being the Gold, before Holowan Consortium]).

But, I also understand how life (or at least school) can and should be more important at times. I wish you well in your studies. And, thanks for all the work you've done in modding KotOR & TSL. :thumbs1:
 locoguano
06-27-2006, 6:14 PM
Any chance of seeing Bastila as a joinable npc later on? Thought thats what this was when I installed it....
 The Source
06-27-2006, 7:19 PM
Any chance of seeing Bastila as a joinable npc later on? Thought thats what this was when I installed it....
I am thinking of releasing the expansion pieces seperately, however, I have not made up my mind.

I will be starting a new KotOR I game tonight, and I want to enjoy a play through without worrying about mods. However, I have been thinking, and all I have been doing is thinking. I was thinking about making Bastila's (DAP) version robes available for Bastila to wear in KotOR I. The texture files are the same, and the .utc designations are similar. I am also thinking, only thinking, about making Bastila's profiles and DS Head transitions compatible for KotOR I. I will have to make some changes, so they are compatible. I have a small note book filled with ideas, but I have not been in the mood. I promise to let people know about what I descide.

At the moment, I want to just enjoy a play through of KotOR I. No pressure, no time table, and no expectations.
 mimartin
06-28-2006, 10:22 AM
I am thinking of releasing the expansion pieces seperately, however, I have not made up my mind.

That is good news! No pressure, but that is like a reprieve from the Governor. No pressure just enjoy KOTOR.
 CaptainWhyNot
07-14-2006, 12:44 PM
I've started up a new TSL game with a bunch of mods installed (including DAP:HC, HP, and USM among many others) and have been enjoying it. :lsduel: BTW, I like what you've done with DAP:HC, MacLeodCorp, and thanks to others who helped with it as well. :thumbs1: So far, I've played through leaving Telos, visited Dantooine (going back again), and finished Nar Shaddaa.

However, I noticed some conflicts with files from the Holowan Plugin and the Ultimate Saber Mod that go into the Override folder overriding those from DAP:HC's .MOD files. :smash: Most of them are fine that way, as the other mods have updates to them for bug fixes or for support of mods. But, in particular, for proper operation of DAP:HC, "999comf.dlg" and "ond_dip.utc" from the Holowan Plugin should be removed from the Override folder (so that the ones from DAP:HC's "204TEL.MOD" will be used). When I had them in Override, I got the wrong dialog with Bastila on Telos (thus causing the quest not to activate) and there was a copy of her named something like "The Lost Jedi" in the medical center.

Thought you'd want to know. You might want to put a notice about removing those conflicting files from the Override in the installation instructions so more people will be know how to fix the problem should they have it. At least it doesn't require any changes to the actual mod.

And, enjoy playing KotOR 1 again. :)
 The Source
07-14-2006, 4:16 PM
I am going to make a post with tips, which do not appear in the installation guide.
 CrazyMouse
07-15-2006, 5:09 PM
The mod is wonderful!

However, I noticed that there were several spelling errors in the script and the writing seemed a little too excited (many of the lines ended in exclamation points, making the characters seem a bit, well, hyper when they probably shouldn't be). I realize a lot of hard work went into putting it together, so rather than give somebody a headache, I was wondering if it would be possible to make changes in the script for my own personal use. I consider myself a bit programming-retarted, so I would need a little instruction as to how I would go about making small changes. Again, this would be for my own personal use and I would not upload or take any credit for any prior work on the mod.

Thanks!
 Darkkender
07-15-2006, 6:43 PM
Making changes for ones own computer not to be uploaded is allowed without any permission needed. As to how to change the dialog you will need to download dlgeditor.
 CrazyMouse
07-15-2006, 6:57 PM
Making changes for ones own computer not to be uploaded is allowed without any permission needed. As to how to change the dialog you will need to download dlgeditor.

Thanks for your help. Where would I find the editing program and does it come with intructions? I wouldn't want to ruin anything.
 woogiee
07-15-2006, 7:34 PM
You can find dialogue editors in this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143421) thread. And if you need a tutorial look in the General Tutorials + Tools forum here (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=592)
 CrazyMouse
07-15-2006, 8:00 PM
You can find dialogue editors in this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143421) thread. And if you need a tutorial look in the General Tutorials + Tools forum here (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=592)

I've taken a look at everything, and I've noticed that the mod files are under a different format from the original files, making any changes to the dialogue impossible from what I can see. It looks like I may be stuck with what's there, unless someone has managed to figure out how to manipulate it. I do appreciate the tips I have been given though. (^_^)
 CaptainWhyNot
07-15-2006, 11:54 PM
I've taken a look at everything, and I've noticed that the mod files are under a different format from the original files, making any changes to the dialogue impossible from what I can see. It looks like I may be stuck with what's there, unless someone has managed to figure out how to manipulate it. I do appreciate the tips I have been given though. (^_^)
The way this mod is done, the .dlg dialog files are inside the .mod module files (the ones that you're supposed to copy to the Modules folder). You can extract the .mod files with the "Extract Entire ERF" function in Fred Tetra's excellent Kotor Tool (available from here (http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/), see the Kotor Tool forum (http://lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=661) for more info), or you can just extract the individual .dlg files as well. After you have the .dlg files extracted, you can edit them with a dialog editing program (such as DLGEditor which is available from here (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#de)) and place them in your Override folder. Any copies in the Override folder will take precedence when playing the game.

Hope that gives you enough info.
 CrazyMouse
07-17-2006, 3:05 PM
Cool! It works! Thanks Captain!!
 CaptainWhyNot
07-17-2006, 4:20 PM
Cool! It works! Thanks Captain!!
As the LS Exile would say: No problem. I was glad to help. :cool:

BTW, MacLeodGR, not trying to be annyoing, but I noticed a slight problem with Bastila's dialog on Dantooine (in 998comf.dlg). :comp9::smash: If, after talking to her for a while (going through most of the conversation options), you choose one of the "Never mind. We will finish this later." options and come back later, you can't actually talk to her again. This can be fixed by changing conditional #2 in entry 0 to "c_quest_gt, 9, 0, 0, 0, 0, 000_DAP_Bastila" and conditional #1 in replies 0 to "c_quest_gt, 11, 0, 0, 0, 0, 000_DAP_Bastila".
 LordJerec
07-17-2006, 7:56 PM
Sorry to ask MacLeodCorp, but when I'm coming to Telos Ice Academy, I think there must be a glitch or something, cause when I'm about to leave Telos Ice Academy I can't do so cause when I am trying to speak too Atton there's two cheat nodes... One says:
Cheat Node: Make PC go speak to Atris or something, the other one says:
Cheat Node: Continue conversation with Kreia... Well I've tried both, but when I return from having spoken to Atris... Kreia just sits there... And I can't get out of the Academy... And when I'm getting to the Ebon Hawk... It says: You can't leave without your friends, you'll need them to fly the ship... I'm just wondering what can I have done wrong... And another thing... I've finished the game once... so I though that maybe I'm going to try to check out the other things in this mod, but nothing happens...
 RedHawke
07-18-2006, 12:32 AM
LordJerec, this isn't any mods fault, it is the patch. Check out this thread for solutions. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=158150) ;)
 LordJerec
07-18-2006, 9:36 AM
Okay thanx Red Hawke :)
 prasys
07-29-2006, 9:57 PM
Kudos , it looks like a great mod. Superb job !

May I know where this thing starts [I tried searching for Bastila over at Dantooine , but I can't seem to find her].
 SithRevan
07-30-2006, 1:24 AM
I have got to say that this is a very cool mod good work I'm downloading it now
 The Source
07-30-2006, 11:37 AM
Kudos , it looks like a great mod. Superb job !

May I know where this thing starts [I tried searching for Bastila over at Dantooine , but I can't seem to find her].
Right when you leave the Ebon Hawk, on Dantooine, the mod continues. If you are looking for Bastila, the Sith Assassin outside of Khoonda tells you where she is. If you have killed him allready, you can find her destination listed in the journal entry. :)
 TechBWE
07-30-2006, 11:04 PM
Ran into a bug on Nar Shaddaa that is fixed in 1.0b
Corrects stuck issue when reboarding Ebon Hawk on Nar Shaddaa
With the mod I cannot enter the Ebon Hawk
This mod also conflicts with the fuelsource fix :(
global.jrl entry 64 in the fix
 The Source
07-31-2006, 8:30 PM
If they used the global.jrl to fix the issue, this will definately be uncompatible. Unfortunately, DAP has more journal entry changes. You can bring their changes into DAP's global.jrl, and see if it will work the same.

I don't understand why you cannot enter the Ebon Hawk. Has anyone else had this issue?

I will be re-installing KotOR II in a few days, so I can start on another mod. I will look into these issues if more people are having them.
 TechBWE
07-31-2006, 8:52 PM
The stuck issue was fixed in the 1.0b patch
has something to do with the 301nar files probably
 The Source
07-31-2006, 9:01 PM
At least the patch fixed it. :)
 TechBWE
07-31-2006, 9:04 PM
the mod is pre patch?
which means cant play the mod unless you update it for the patch
 The Source
07-31-2006, 9:10 PM
I don't think the whole mod is that way, but I will probally update the git file. Maybe you are right. I will have to see if I patched KotOR II before creating that level. I know the other levels were created with .git files, which were taken from the game after I patched it. However, I don't know about the 301NAR files. I can't remember. Since it was the latest eddition, I don't know if I happened to uninstall KotOR II for some reason. It is possible.
 psand
07-31-2006, 10:13 PM

I also had this issue and could not enter the Ebon Hawk on Nar Shadda.
 The Source
08-01-2006, 3:27 PM
What I will do is rebuild just the .git file for 301NAR. I will be reinstalling KotOR II tomorrow. I am taking a small break from just finishing another mod.
 Revnant
08-09-2006, 3:31 AM
I'm not sure if someone already asked all this before but. I try playing Bastila and when I meet Dai I cant do anything else to move more on this story. Also is Avol's Bastila mod compadible with this? My question now is do I need to unload the Bastila npc in to do anything more to the Story?
 nigthcleaver
08-16-2006, 9:06 AM
Where am I supposed to find bastila, exactly? Or the items? Almost done with Atris, no sign of her. Do I have to start a new game? I installed the mod when I was on the ebon hawk, on the route to telos. That should work, right?
 mimartin
08-16-2006, 11:10 AM
Where am I supposed to find bastila, exactly? Or the items? Almost done with Atris, no sign of her. Do I have to start a new game? I installed the mod when I was on the ebon hawk, on the route to telos. That should work, right?

Bastila will be standing right in front of the Ithorian area in the middle of Residential 082 West between the Information Console and the door to the Ithorian complex.

I am unsure if you added the mod too late. I believe MacLeodGr is taking a break from the forum for a while; one of the other modders may be able to answer the question. I read further up the tread and here is one of MacLeodGr answers.

If you have a Pre-Telos mod, I would start a new game there. The first portion of this mod doesn't fire off if you already completed Telos. Even though you may end up seeing the other characters, they will not interact with you unless you complete Telos first.

Also read post 17 by MacLeodGr in this Thread.

I don’t know where Telos fires so you may want to start on a save (if you have one) just before you leave Peragus. This is a great mod and I believe it will be well worth your effort getting around these troubles. I hope this is of some help to you.
 JeffMitchell
08-21-2006, 5:50 PM
I just installed the DAHC 1.00.23

Everything looks cool and I like all the additions.

I just have a couple of questions. Of course I'm Dark side, went to Telos and then to Nar Shadda(and completed it). I ran up on Nomi Sunrider there and walk up to talk and she say "I'm busy right now, Come back later"

So I go to Dantooine, complete it and come up on Bastila and she says the same thing, so I go to Dxun and have completed it(except for the palace). Go back to Nar shadda and Dantooine to check and they are still saying the same thing "Come back later, I'm busy right now"

I guess my question is, do they ever do anything more than that?

I'm almost done with the game and have gotten nothing out of them.

Do I have to finish all planets before they get "Un Busy"?

I'm just curious.

Thanks

Jeff
 Quatra
08-21-2006, 10:18 PM
For Nomi, you have to go to the rooms in front of Fassa. He's the one controlling the Pylons. There is a dark jedi that you have to talk. She'll say something and then go to BossK and talk to him (use all dialog options :P ) One of the dialog is the trigger for Nomi. You'll need a lot of $$ that's why you need to talk to the Dark jedi. After the dialog with Bossk you can talk to Nomi.
 Jae Onasi
08-22-2006, 3:10 AM
I just installed the DAHC 1.00.23

Everything looks cool and I like all the additions.

I just have a couple of questions. Of course I'm Dark side, went to Telos and then to Nar Shadda(and completed it). I ran up on Nomi Sunrider there and walk up to talk and she say "I'm busy right now, Come back later"

So I go to Dantooine, complete it and come up on Bastila and she says the same thing, so I go to Dxun and have completed it(except for the palace). Go back to Nar shadda and Dantooine to check and they are still saying the same thing "Come back later, I'm busy right now"

I guess my question is, do they ever do anything more than that?

I'm almost done with the game and have gotten nothing out of them.

Do I have to finish all planets before they get "Un Busy"?

I'm just curious.

Thanks

Jeff

Did you have the mod installed before you got to Telos the first time? Do you have other mods installed? You have to speak to Bastila on Telos first, or they'll be permanently 'busy'. If you're still having problems, come on back and we'll try to figure it out.

Mac's had a family emergency and may not be back to the forum for a little while, so hang in there if he can't get back to answer right away.
 JeffMitchell
08-23-2006, 1:06 PM
Did you have the mod installed before you got to Telos the first time? Do you have other mods installed? You have to speak to Bastila on Telos first, or they'll be permanently 'busy'. If you're still having problems, come on back and we'll try to figure it out.

Mac's had a family emergency and may not be back to the forum for a little while, so hang in there if he can't get back to answer right away.

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

Yes, installed mod before even starting the game.

I guess I may see where I messed up. I never talked to Bastila on Telos, but I never met up with her. Where in Telos was she?

As far as my other mods I have the Ultimate lightsaber mod installed and the force powers mod.

Everything ran fine, just could never get Bastila, Nomi, Sith Assasin on Dantooine to do anything but the "I'm busy now, come back later"

But if I was supposed to talk to Bastila, then I guess that's where I messed up. Only thing was I never saw her on Telos.

Just let me know where I can find her, on Telos, and I'll play again.

By the way, you guys are really incredible. I wish I knew how to do these mods. I have all kinds of ideas.

Are there programs you use?

Thanks Again

Jeff
 mimartin
08-23-2006, 2:21 PM
I guess I may see where I messed up. I never talked to Bastila on Telos, but I never met up with her. Where in Telos was she?
Bastila will be standing right in front of the Ithorian area in the middle of Residential 082 West between the Information Console and the door to the Ithorian complex.
Hope this answers your question. If you have a save before leaving Peragus it should work. I believe since you had the mod installed before playing the game any save should do before 'end game.' Just go back and talk to Bastila and complete the quests. This is a very entertaining mod so I hope you try it again.
Page: 3 of 5