Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Editing AI Difficulty

Page: 1 of 1
 ElizLestrad
02-22-2006, 9:20 PM
Is there a way to balance the bot ai to make them more like they are supposed to be?

Because its supposed to be: Easy, Medium, Hard
And Not: Easy, Hard, and Oh My F'n God!

Specifically build times for bots, because I was playing Shipyards of Kuat and destroyed a level 5 space station before I lost my last ship to their last star destroyer yet not a minute later I attacked and they were already back to a level 4 station and had completely rebuilt their fleet. And I know they didnt transfer from other systems due to spy units I had positioned to watch for just that. I also noticed the same thing with ground assaults. Its like they build 10x faster or something...and that was only on "medium."

Also is there a way to remove the time limits on the galactic conquest levels because some of the times seem nigh impossible.
 Anach
02-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Im playing on Hard now. If it was any easier, It would be on easy.

I was thinking the settings go like Easiest, Easier, Easy. Was hoping you were wishing to make it harder.
 Zorromorph
02-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Either possibility is not particularly difficult. DIFFICULTYADJUSTMENTS.XML is your friend. Its mostly quite simple and self-explanatory. Have fun and don't feed the animals.
 DarkLord1981
02-23-2006, 11:31 AM
Either possibility is not particularly difficult. DIFFICULTYADJUSTMENTS.XML is your friend. Its mostly quite simple and self-explanatory. Have fun and don't feed the animals.

Well, that file only effects the galactic conquests and possibly the skirmishes, but NOT the story campaign.....sadly.
 Tom Servo
02-23-2006, 12:22 PM
Are you sure? I mean the Contrast modifiers wont do much in the campaign but the damage multipliers and credit accumulation modifiers should work just fine...
 DarkLord1981
02-23-2006, 11:43 PM
well, i tried to make my ships invulnerable for the story campaign....sadly, it would never work.
 dookie23
02-23-2006, 11:49 PM
Wheres the fun in that? lol ;P
 DarkLord1981
02-24-2006, 4:19 AM
Wheres the fun in that? lol ;P

I don't play the game for the challenge...if i wanted something challenging, i would play a puzzle game.

I play this game for the fighting....nothing more, nothing less.
Page: 1 of 1