Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bryants Mod V2.0 -Hardest Reb + Imp AI out there!

Page: 1 of 2
 JediBdm
01-22-2006, 11:21 PM
Well guess what guys, I moded the Galactic AI, and when you play against the rebels on hard within 5 minutes they are allready taking planets and building up forces. Also same for the Imps AI, there is no more of a challenge out there!

I tried to polish this as much as possible, and fixed that stupid space station problem. There is just sooo much in this version. There are very few bugs in this version (or so ive been told). The Empire is now fully running, and the only thing that I can think of that causes crashing is building the rebel infiltrator facility, but I dont see that anymore.

Features:
Rebel Full Tech Campaign
Rebel Level 1 Tech Campaign
Empire Full Tech Campaign
Empire Level 1 Tech Campaign

Whats New In Version 2.0 -Special Thanks to Cain for the Help:

Death Star Fully Disabeled.
Harder, More Agresive AI.
Tweaks here and there.
Disabled Heros that cause exceptions.
Rebel Officer Acedemy Enabled.
Fixed Space Stations. YOU CAN KILL THEM NOW!
IPV-Patrol Craft added to the Empires Build List.
Rebel AI VERY Agresive when playing as Empire.
Fully Operational Pirates, with fleets and asteroid bases.

Please give all credit to Bryant Malaski (Bryant.Malaski@gmail.com)

To Instal:

Please Note: I have gotten Countless emails asking how to edit the xml to instal the Empire, please do not overthink this,
it is a simple copy and past of the Campainsingleplayer.xml file and the Factions.xml file in the
"Empire Full Tech" Folder in the download

Copy the XML Folder that is in the RAR or Zip to your Star Wars Empire at War Demo\Gamedata\Data\ Folder

To Play as the Empire Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\Empire Full Tech\ and past them into the XML Folder.
To Play the Level 1 Empire Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\Empire Tech 1\ and past them into the XML Folder.
To Play as the Empire Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\Empire Full Tech\ and past them into the XML Folder.
To Play the Level 1 Empire Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\Empire Tech 1\ and past them into the XML Folder.

Known Bugs:
Space Retreat Hardcoded, Cannot Change, sorry you lost your fleet man, your screwed.
Some maps say it supports more then 6 buildings, but because this mod uses the Tatoonie map, it can only hold a max of 6, else the game finds an exception.

RAR
http://www.eawnexus.gamingsource.net/mods/Bryant's%20Mod%20V2.0.rar)
ZIP
http://www.eawnexus.gamingsource.net/mods/Bryant's%20Mod%20V2.0.zip)
 enterman
01-22-2006, 11:26 PM
WOW thats awseme cant wait to try this. u need to fix your links though, some people (I dont no who but someone) wont know that u have to copy and paste them.
 JediBdm
01-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Thanks mate, forgot this board doesn't automatically do that.

Enjoy!
 Grey_Ghost
01-22-2006, 11:31 PM
LOL, right after you post I get through editing his mod to fix those very same problems for myself. Well, it kept me busy I guess. :smash:
 wolfshadow
01-22-2006, 11:34 PM
JediBdm: You're Bryant on Derelict right? Great work so far on modding empire at war.

I go by the same username there.
 enterman
01-22-2006, 11:35 PM
dam alrdy found a glich. the space station is invisble at Alderaan. In the Empire full Tech campain.
 Grey_Ghost
01-22-2006, 11:37 PM
Sometimes I can't see stations while switching planets while fully zoomed in, try zooming out and back in.
 enterman
01-22-2006, 11:43 PM
Sometimes I can't see stations while switching planets while fully zoomed in, try zooming out and back in.
i meant in the battle. I cant see the rebel station when fighting above alderaan but now, I quit the battle and restarted and the station is there though this time i let them capture some planets, last time i just sent the starting ships at them b4 they could build or move anything.
 JediBdm
01-22-2006, 11:44 PM
no no, entermans right....someone else worked on that part of the mod, they told me they fixed it.

Well anyway, Ill work on it tonite and release a small little patch

So that means Star Base 3 is messed up.
 Fury161
01-22-2006, 11:47 PM
i just want to say, i think you guys are insane. modding the demo mere DAYS after release to include all of the ships and planets that weren't in the original demo. great work.
 JediBdm
01-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Days? it doesnt come out for like 2 and a half weeks, you know how much playing time that is? I also do this because im a Mod Team Leader (Imperial Assault 2) and I want to get my feer wet before I start a TC. And petro even said the official mod tools wont be released for a while, so why not start now?

Also I found the problem, the Rebels dont have models for the Level 3+4 space stations.
 Assassin X
01-22-2006, 11:54 PM
So this makes it harder though? Poo, I just wanted to have fun while waiting for the full version. If I wanted it to be harder I would play the Ultimate mod. :(
 Assassin X
01-23-2006, 12:00 AM
So lets see if I get how to install this right, basically I put the XML folde rin my DATA folder and then for instance if I was to play as "Empire Full Tech" I take the "Campaign SIngle PLayer" and "Factions" file from the "Empire Full Tech" folder and put them into the XML folder and overwrite the one in there?

Then later if I want to play as "Rebel Tech 1" I do the same process and overwrite the same files...etc?
 JediBdm
01-23-2006, 12:20 AM
Yes You got it!

Also I updated the Mod Link with is what i hope a fixed version.
 General Nuke Em
01-23-2006, 12:51 AM
I just started using this mod. I tried to take over Dagobah via ground assault using rebel tech 1 and the game crashed.
 Deathsith
01-23-2006, 1:00 AM
mine crashed wen i was about to do a ground assault at, aterri? i think its called :S (near dagobah) awesome mod tho so far, good luck with imperial assault
 Grey_Ghost
01-23-2006, 1:24 AM
BUG LIST:
Walker Artillery has no Model, and is therefore useless
Walker AntiAir has no Model, and is therefore useless
(When AI has these units on a Planet it is Possible to win the land senario, but once you get back to galactic your entire ground force is gone/vanished. The planet still also belongs to the enemy, and one of those walkers is shown as being planetside.)

Rebel AI makes tons of Artillery, but doesn't deploy it. (Makes for uninteresting land battles since they make so many of them.)

Ion Structure has no Model, and therefore cannot be destroyed easily...if at all. (I think I'll try using another buildings model.)

There are 2 seperate Tartan spacecraft in the build list.

The Patrol craft (empire) doesn't seem to do anything.
 JediBdm
01-23-2006, 1:26 AM
sorry dudes, i may have fixed the whole starbase thing when i updated, but it also cause the rebels to crash when they invaded a planet, so i rolled back to my original 2.0 release

@Ghost

These things are all fixable I do believe, Im rather busy, ill see if I cant get one of my friends to work on it.
 enterman
01-23-2006, 1:48 AM
when the rebels attacked me (Empire) on the planet Thyferra (not sure on the exact spelling) and we went into the land battle, when I clicked begin (the second 1 not the first) it chrashed on me. This was after 2 hours of play time. Still a very good mod though.
 General Nuke Em
01-23-2006, 2:12 AM
I got the "stranded ground forces bug" as well, but re-invading the planet seemed to work.
 Grey_Ghost
01-23-2006, 2:25 AM
BUG LIST:
Rebel AI makes tons of Artillery, but doesn't deploy it. (Makes for uninteresting land battles since they make so many of them.)

Actually these were the ones spawned by the Heavy Factories, Rebels had 4 of them on one planet. I'm changing it to T4 Tanks instead, same number as Empire's factory spawns.
 Assassin X
01-23-2006, 3:13 AM
I invaded the some planet and after the space battle I did a land battle and after beating them My forces were on a red space again so I did a land battle again and they were still red, so i did it AGAIN....and again...and again.....and so on. It never stopped! So eventually I stopped battiling on that planet and fought elsewhere.
 General Nuke Em
01-23-2006, 4:09 AM
Hm, the re-invasion worked only once for me. The same bug happened to me again, except re-invading didn't work. But I think you can still salvage your stranded forces by invading, then calling a retreat as soon as you can.

I also noticed that my units were shooting a phantom building that was spawning the Empire hover tanks (2M or something like that). The laser shots were only hitting the ground though, and the building would not die (it was visible on the mini-map).
 enterman
01-23-2006, 12:07 PM
I was doing the Empire Full Tech campain, attempting to attack sullist, but could not win the space battle. I was having trouble destroying there lvl5 station. On my fourth try I noticed that the space station was invisible so I could not win no matter what.
 Killer_Man
01-23-2006, 2:56 PM
Bad MOD....... Space Station missing.... coun't attack and win.... Better Ultimate MOD! :ears1:
 enterman
01-23-2006, 3:47 PM
Game just crashed when I was doing the Rebel Full Tech Campaign, Land battle at Bestin. Crashed when I clicked the begin button (second 1).
 teh_hunter
01-23-2006, 4:05 PM
yea its sorta imposible play this with the lvl 5 station bug....i really would like to enjoy this mod, but its sorta imposible to have fun when its imposible to win space battles.

PLEASE HELP US, this is a great mod, but with this bug its not doing so great
 Killer_Man
01-23-2006, 5:02 PM
yea its sorta imposible play this with the lvl 5 station bug....i really would like to enjoy this mod, but its sorta imposible to have fun when its imposible to win space battles.

PLEASE HELP US, this is a great mod, but with this bug its not doing so great

Too many bugs in this mod.... thats bad:)
 Cox_
01-23-2006, 5:27 PM
Can we use SD's? i cant get them at fonder
 wswordsmen
01-23-2006, 5:43 PM
I was invading the kasheek (as rebels) and I couldn't kill the space station (with corvetts and mon colimari crusiers). AI is good though.
 superdude
01-23-2006, 5:57 PM
ok instead of using units without models and thus cause the game to crash why not stick to the models in the demo? great mod though.
 Grey_Ghost
01-23-2006, 6:25 PM
More Bugs: Empire oriented, havent tested Rebs yet.
Magnepulse Weapon building causes crash when trying to invade. (I'd just disable it.)

Hypervelocity Gun Building has no model planetside (Changing the Ion Gun and this one to use the Turbolaser Tower works just fine, since they do nothing once on Land)

Imperial Academy has no model, also the Commanders it should produce are not unlocked.

Imp Research also has no model.

Imp Heavy Factory (not the AT-AT one) has no model.

There is a little anti-infantry turret north side of the base that always spawns on the Land map which is owned by whoever is attacking

Suggestions:

Unlocking the Proper Turbolaser Tower is easy as adding Test_ to the begining of Template_Galactic_Turbolaser_Tower_Defenses and its 2 children's names/variants of. One tower populates all 3 planetside. This will remove the greyed out "Not buildable in demo" icon.

I haven't really looked into this yet, but I think the Tat Land maps we have to use may have a structure limit. So landing on one of those really large planets full of buildings might cause a crash.
 quickymart
01-23-2006, 9:14 PM
Copy the XML Folder that is in the RAR or Zip to your Star Wars Empire at War Demo\Gamedata\Data\ Folder

ok, are two of those supposed to be rebel? and also do you paste each individualy when you want to play them or can you paste them all at once?
 General Nuke Em
01-23-2006, 9:27 PM
As they're the same files, I think you cannot use them all at once.

I think that Assault Frigates and Mon Cal cruisers require level 3+ stations to be built. Since you cannot build those stations in this mod, it also means that you cannot build assault frigates or Mon Cal cruisers even if you use R2D2 and C3P0 to unlock the techs for them. I believe the same would hold true for the Imperial side with ISD's, though I haven't tested it yet.
 Iamme
01-23-2006, 9:39 PM
As they're the same files, I think you cannot use them all at once.

I think that Assault Frigates and Mon Cal cruisers require level 3+ stations to be built. Since you cannot build those stations in this mod, it also means that you cannot build assault frigates or Mon Cal cruisers even if you use R2D2 and C3P0 to unlock the techs for them. I believe the same would hold true for the Imperial side with ISD's, though I haven't tested it yet.They have to be built at the shipyard planets - Kuat, Fondor, Mon Calamari
and Sullest.
 quickymart
01-23-2006, 9:40 PM
you can build mon cals, you just need ackabar i think...not too sure but i made three, that then proceded to get there asses killed by bombers...booo!
 trimmdogg
01-23-2006, 10:46 PM
hey this is way to hard, i get no fun out of it, i play on easy, but because you tweaked enemy ai, it still destroys me, its not that i can beat i just lose so much, and its not that fun....maybe do what ultimate mod guy did-eh!
 clone_troopa
01-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Original:
hey this is way to hard, i get no fun out of it, i play on easy, but because you tweaked enemy ai, it still destroys me, its not that i can beat i just lose so much, and its not that fun....maybe do what ultimate mod guy did-eh!

Revised:
Hey, this is way to hard hence I cannot have fun with it. I play it on easy but because you tweaked the enemy A.I. it still destroys me. I lose so much that it is no fun at all! Perhaps you should do what ultimate mod guy did-eh.

-------------So many commas :) I decided to lend a hand.
 JediBdm
01-23-2006, 11:44 PM

ok, are two of those supposed to be rebel? and also do you paste each individualy when you want to play them or can you paste them all at once?

Woops, lol, sorry, I do alot of this stuff when Im tired.

Concerning the AI, I felt Easy was tooo easy so I just made Easy the defaul normal, they never attacked in easy. So basically, if Normal is to hard for you, dont buy EaW, come to think of it, why do you even play games? lol

Easy = Normal
Normal = Hard
Hard = Insane!
 enterman
01-24-2006, 12:01 AM
this is y we needed a save feature.
 Slocket
01-24-2006, 12:19 AM
You can build the other ships instead of making a level whatever space station, just make the requirements in the XML within congfig.meg so they only require level "one" station, and change the planet from whatever it says (such as Kuat to "Hoth"). make sure you keep the total file length the same for a straight hex edit. Or unpack it using a tool.
 Grey_Ghost
01-24-2006, 5:20 AM
I think I've fixed up all the missing models and whatnot. Now I just have to see how long I can play without anything new popping up.

Oh I was right about planets slots, need to make sure in Planets.xml none go over 6 slots, otherwise you get those false victories where you lose your ground force.
 JamieEAWFiles
01-24-2006, 5:34 AM
I've mirrored this file at http://empireatwar.filefront.com/) for you jedibdm :)
 Den of Earth
01-24-2006, 9:48 AM
Excellent mod man! The demo was too much of a tease, this lets me really check things out. Much more challenging, was actually getting my fleet wiped out the 1st few tries. Damn MonCals kicked the crap out of my Victory SDs. With some planning and caution it was beatable. There was an occasional "invisible space station" bug which confused and aggravated me at first, but any more gameplay from the demo is a bonus.

There was an odd thing where large ion bolts were immobilizing my SDs every couple minutes. They seemed to come from above, as if god himself was smiting my fleet. Came to greatly fear the words "ion cannon firing"
Anyway, great job, looking forward to playing some more after work.

Thanks
 Empirecitizen
01-24-2006, 10:41 AM
It would be most likely the ion cannons firing,
I believe they diasable your ship's shield (used them myself in another mod)
 trimmdogg
01-24-2006, 11:07 AM
good call enterman!! well i guess im just gonna play earth 2160 till feb. 16, then that will never see light again, nor any of my other computer games, lol
 Den of Earth
01-24-2006, 11:08 AM
It would be most likely the ion cannons firing,
I believe they diasable your ship's shield (used them myself in another mod)

Yes, they must be ion cannons, just suprised that they are taking out my SDs with 1 shot before I even see the enemy fleet, leaving them disabled and crackling with energy. The MonCal ions are not nearly so devastating as "God's" ion cannon that seemed to be striking from above.
Notcertain, but I think it only happened when the space station was invisible.
 Hartmrolf
01-24-2006, 11:40 AM
I've noticed something weird, it is as if infantry is almost invincible, even with an atat you have to fire one single rebel inf squad for minutes to destroy them. I don't know about imperial infantry but they may have the same bug.
Great Mod though, rebel Ai sure IS tough. Though my fleet made up of 4 victories and 2 isds plus some tartans regularly hacks them to pieces, especially if tarkins sit's on one of the Ships.
 shadowsfm
01-24-2006, 11:43 AM
im making my own mod soon, where you start with lvl 1, dont get units and vehicles until you are high enough level, and heros are hidden (not hidden very hard.) im going to see if i can use the maps in the tute to work, for extra deversity, hope it works.

anyone have a list of units and vehicles that dont work?
 darth_vadar_13
01-24-2006, 12:30 PM
can someone tell me where to install this cause im a dumbass!
Page: 1 of 2