Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bryants Mod V2.0 -Hardest Reb + Imp AI out there!

Page: 2 of 2
 Ra2er
01-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Don't include the Death Star. Apparantly it causes the loading screen button used to start a space battle to stick, stopping the battle from starting.

Also, the map used in the tutorial with the shield generator outside the base in the top left of the screen doesn't work too well a the invading force starts with buildings when they attack. Basically the forces are in the wrong place. if you could fix that you'll have an extra map to use and probably the best mod. :)

Have fun making stuff...
 shadowsfm
01-24-2006, 1:58 PM
im not smart enough to move the power generator, but i hope my plan works in removing all the npcs.

i cant test it now since my girls on the big computer, and the game crashes on loading space or ground battles on this lap top, if i change one single thing to the origanel demo.
 RedBullet612
01-24-2006, 3:53 PM
Only one thing thats bad,no retreat.When your taking a planet thats neutral and a huge enemy fleet is in orbit :vsd: :vsd: :vsd: ,and you only have a few ships :twogun: because your not expecting it,you lose every unit.As much as I hate retreating,I dont want to lose everything.Put in a retreat.
 shadowsfm
01-24-2006, 3:55 PM
im thinking the only reason its locked is becouse its bugged, i realy dont know
 enterman
01-24-2006, 4:18 PM
can someone tell me where to install this cause im a dumbass!
did u even glance at the readme? This is from the readme:
"To Install:

Please Note: I have gotten Countless emails asking how to edit the xml to instal the Empire, please do not overthink this,
it is a simple copy and past of the Campainsingleplayer.xml file and the Factions.xml file in the
"Empire Full Tech" Folder in the download

Copy the XML Folder that is in the RAR or Zip to your Star Wars Empire at War Demo\Gamedata\Data\ Folder

To Play as the Rebals Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\Rebal Full Tech\ and past them into the XML Folder.
To Play the Level 1 Empire Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\Empire Tech 1\ and past them into the XML Folder.
To Play as the Empire Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\Empire Full Tech\ and past them into the XML Folder.
To Play the Level 1 Rebals Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\Rebel Tech 1\ and past them into the XML Folder."
 Grey_Ghost
01-24-2006, 8:12 PM
I think I've fixed every single Bug in this mod. Now, if only I had a place to upload it.

Notable Differences:
Added Mara Jade

Removed Rebel Artillery|Cause Imp don't have any (about to try juryrigging the Empires to work with the Rebel model. However, the AI almost never deploys them, so might leave disabled for Balance reasons)

One Building per Type per Planet|Icon list gets so big that other icons get pushed off screen, and are unacessable.

Removed V-Wing|The Z95 is old enough

All space stations use LEVEL 1 Model & Hardpoints & Health|Overall Balance & Bug fix

Level 2-5 Space Station Shield Increase(Value/Regen)|To Make up for level 1 HP

Removed Outdated Acclamator|It looked out of place

Planets can have no more than 6 build slots|The Tatooine land map only supports 6. Higher slots led to False Victories.

No more Greyed out icons.

Removed Magnepulse Weapon|Causes crash on invasion

Many Bug Fixes|All buildings have models(but not all textured), no invisible units etc. Planet Shield Generators placed correctly. No double space units (The 2nd Tartan for example had tissue paper for armor). Etcetera.
 Fury161
01-24-2006, 9:04 PM
this mod sucks. it is WAY TOO HARD to play. i don't consider getting the **** kicked out of me a fun playing experience, and i don't see how anyone else would either.
 LSD25
01-24-2006, 9:22 PM
I think I've fixed every single Bug in this mod. Now, if only I had a place to upload it.

Notable Differences:
Added Mara Jade

Removed Rebel Artillery|Cause Imp don't have any (about to try juryrigging the Empires to work with the Rebel model. However, the AI almost never deploys them, so might leave disabled for Balance reasons)

One Building per Type per Planet|Icon list gets so big that other icons get pushed off screen, and are unacessable.

Removed V-Wing|The Z95 is old enough

All space stations use LEVEL 1 Model & Hardpoints & Health|Overall Balance & Bug fix

Level 2-5 Space Station Shield Increase(Value/Regen)|To Make up for level 1 HP

Removed Outdated Acclamator|It looked out of place

Planets can have no more than 6 build slots|The Tatooine land map only supports 6. Higher slots led to False Victories.

No more Greyed out icons.

Removed Magnepulse Weapon|Causes crash on invasion

Many Bug Fixes|All buildings have models(but not all textured), no invisible units etc. Planet Shield Generators placed correctly. No double space units (The 2nd Tartan for example had tissue paper for armor). Etcetera.
how big is it?
 CantinaRat
01-24-2006, 9:50 PM
Is it just me, or are the Rebels much MUCH more aggressive than the Empire when playing this mod? Hell i've been attacked so ferociously that one would think the rebels themselves were following Palpatine the way i've been trying to defend myself so much...
 Mondy
01-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Grey Ghost just use http://rapidshare.de/)
 Deathsith
01-24-2006, 10:54 PM
can mara jade be played on land battles?
 Grey_Ghost
01-25-2006, 1:47 AM
Yes Mara Jade can be played on land battles, force corrupting the Rancor can be fun. She has a Model, but no texture. I need to check a couple things then I'll look at uploading it somewhere, assuming Bryant has no complaints.
 Hightower
01-25-2006, 9:14 AM
Anyone else had an issue with this mod where you will fight a ground battle, "win" and then have all or part of your troops remain as an imperial garrison, causing the planet to remain in imp hands and your troops to now be the enemy?
 Den of Earth
01-25-2006, 9:57 AM
I would say this mod is very challenging, but not impossible. You need a big fleet to take down one of the high level space stations, and it's a helluva fight, but thats what I like. Don't think I could do it without missle cruisers however.

The most difficult aspect is the "uber ion cannons" that seem to fire from the sky, disabling my SDs, even when there is no space station on the map. Anyone else seen this?

Anyway, great fun. Have taken over about 2/3 of the galaxy and had many large, tense battles. Looking forward to checking out the mew version.
 Hartmrolf
01-25-2006, 10:32 AM
My favourite Fleet consists of 2 isds 4 vsds, Captain Pietts Ship (don't remember the Name), Tarkin, some tartans + of course several isds and vsds as reinforcements. Fleets with Tarkin can do astonishing Things i tell you.
 DarkArjapa
01-25-2006, 10:37 AM
The most difficult aspect is the "uber ion cannons" that seem to fire from the sky, disabling my SDs, even when there is no space station on the map. Anyone else seen this?
The ion cannon is supposed to be fired from the planet surface, if that answers your question.
 Den of Earth
01-25-2006, 10:40 AM

I guess these are the planetary ion cannons causing me such grief.
 DarkArjapa
01-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Yeah whenever you hear "Ion cannon firing" it's the planetary ones. The only ship that produces the same disabling (visual) effect to my knowledge is the Y-wing, and it hardly lasts 5 seconds, assuming it has the same effect. It's a strong kick in the SD's shields though.
 Den of Earth
01-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Yeah whenever you hear "Ion cannon firing" it's the planetary ones. The only ship that produces the same disabling (visual) effect to my knowledge is the Y-wing, and it hardly lasts 5 seconds, assuming it has the same effect. It's a strong kick in the SD's shields though.

Planets defended that well, I think deserve a visit from the DeathStar.
 StarFadedBlack
01-25-2006, 12:46 PM
I need to check a couple things then I'll look at uploading it somewhere, assuming Bryant has no complaints.
Im sure he doesnt since your still giving him some credit. Hurry cause Id like to see what you've done to improve this already awsome mod! :duel:
 Grey_Ghost
01-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Get my updated/Bug Fix version of this mod from this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=159320). Adding new D/L link as well.
 Icephoenix19x
01-25-2006, 2:36 PM
I don't see how the game is as difficult as mentioned. I have not tried the tech level 1 beginning, but with the full tech rebels vs. empire I instantly construct a fleet on all bases, then I send them out to the fringe worlds to prevent imperials from entering. Each of my fleets has at least two mon calamaries, and at least four cruisers with reinforcements. The empire never attacks me, and I can attack Coruscant in the first five minutes and end in victory. I hope many of you are not choosing your build ques DURING the game, but WITHIN a pause. Everytime I set out to build many units or buildings, I pause the game then unpause. The enemy AI can instantly decide what it wants to build, so the only balance I have is my pause. Thus, it is not unfair, because I am only compenstating for my hand's inability to simultaneously micro-manage the queing of all structures and warships at the same moment. I become easily bored with the Empire AI, and I wish that when they attack, they have a force at which I can't laugh. The moral of my story? Perhaps everyone should think about using pause and setting up interplanetary blockades.
Page: 2 of 2