Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Returning Characters

Page: 4 of 5
 RobQel-Droma
01-18-2006, 9:20 PM
You know, I'd like to see Zherron as a minor character, after he's gained a few military ranks. If he's alive.
 Mikel
01-18-2006, 9:53 PM
Mission. Being a Twi'lek she would be hot and she'd be what, 21 or older by KOTOR 3.
 RobQel-Droma
01-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Welcome, Mikel!

I have a question. Why does everyone want Mission 'cause she's "hot"? I'm repeating myself, but please; can't we get another reason for her being there? :) Not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion, just kind of wondering...

But in the event no one can, here is one. Based on Redhawke's make Mission a Jedi Mod, couldn't Mission make a small appearance in a Jedi Strike Team or something (look in my new story idea, although it might take a while to post) as a Jedi. Even though Revan didn't train her during the hunt for the Star Forge, it isn't too far-fetched to reveal that she was shown the Force by him afterwards.
 JediMaster12
01-19-2006, 11:19 AM
No I think not. Heck even though Carth was an Admiral in TSL, based on RedHawke's make Carth a Jedi mod, I still thought of it as a possiblity that he understood more about the Force eing around Revan and Bastilla.
Personally I would Mission would be better off making a cameo appearance.
 RobQel-Droma
01-19-2006, 11:51 PM
^I'm not quite sure what you mean with Carth Onasi... Sorry, I just don't quite understand your post, do you mean that the same could be said of Carth, but he was just a Republic Admiral in TSL? :)
 JediMaster12
01-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Yes that's what I trying to say. Too much coffee makes me ramble:) What I was trying to get at was that even though Carth became an Admiral in the fleet, he could still be in tuned with the Force. I remember reading a book saying that those who were not chosen as Padawans used their skills in the Force for other things like the Agri-Corps, where the Council sent you apparently, but my point is is that he could have learned a few things during the adventure in KOTOR even though he is not a Jedi. After all:
The Force is in all of us, though for some it is barely but a measurable whisper

I was trying to reinforce one of your other posts about Mission.
 Godrin
01-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi I am new here. I have noticed quite a few posts concerning the force-ghosts of the Master's killed by Kreia at the rebuilt conclave. One thing has been bothering me though, when Kreia killed them, I recall reading something about them being devoid of the Force. So as they were removed from the force wouldn't that mean that they could not become force-ghosts?

Now I could be wrong but I do believe that when Kreia killed them she ripped the force from them as well as their lives.
 JediMaster12
01-20-2006, 4:46 PM
First off, Welcome Godrin! :)

As for the masters that Kreia killed, they switched off the sabers meaning they turned from the Jedi. What kreia told them before she killed them was somewhere along the lines of, "Let me show you what the Exile say, you who have forever seen the galaxy through the Force." Also look at the last part of the Jedi Code: "There is no death, there is the Force." I took this to mean, from the Buddhist belief, that all life is sacred and that the Force touches all things. The Exile's case was that he severed himself from the Force and created a breach that feeds upon life. I hope this explains things.
 ExileRevan
01-20-2006, 6:56 PM
would like to see
Calo Nord/Mira-(dark/light choice) as a party member
Jolee Bindo- is a must
Admiril Carth- is a cool idea for a party member
The Droids- except HK47(to snotty/annoying)
Juhanni -no i dont think so
Mission- no
The Wookies no theyre getting old maybe a diferent type of alien
Bastila is a must
Revan-maybe(how can you create what he looks like?)
The Exile- See Revan
Atton Rand- must see as a Jedi master
Mandalore- would be super awesome addition
Bau Dur No useless (unless he can make you cool sabers)
 Meatbag
01-21-2006, 8:14 AM
Calo Nord dies in KoTOR. You kill him and loot his body, which then goes invisible. HK-47 is a star, maybe you just don't understand him. Bao-Dur was cool.

"Admiral"
"Wookiee"
"Bao-Dur"
 xmovingpicturesx
01-21-2006, 8:29 AM
I would like to see Darth Malak and Darth Nihilus/or/Darth Sion as force ghosts. I know it wouldn't quite make sense, but it would just be really cool. I don't really want any of the characters to come back as full-time party members, except maybe Carth. He could be the "Old-Ben" character-type. A mentor of sorts. He was arguably the best character of the series, and has a lot of potential story-wise.
 RobQel-Droma
01-21-2006, 3:17 PM
I disagree with Sion and Malak. Sion I think was glad to leave when you killed him, or something like that. I don't think he would want to come back. As for Malak- I DO NOT want him to come back and start clutching his chest and laughing demonically. That was so annoying in KotOR I. I think I just wanted to kill him even more when I had heard that about five times already.
 xmovingpicturesx
01-21-2006, 5:31 PM
Well, that's why Malak should reappear. Either light or dark, you were the one who killed him. In cold blood. Though there wasn't any redemption, he did come to terms with the evil of the dark side. His "reemergence" would open up a whole new world of teachings and "power" in general to both jedi and sith.
 JediMaster12
01-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Not necessarily. You had the option in KOTOR to try to redeem him but he made the choice not to. I think he had fallen so far that he became lost forever but the devs gave you the option to try. I would not want to see Malak again. I would rather see a Force Ghost of Kavar. He seemed to understand better than the rest of the Council what the Jedi were facing. He too knew war.
 xmovingpicturesx
01-22-2006, 1:54 AM
I can never remember the names of those council members. If Kavar was that Ed Asner jedi, then that too would be rockin'.

EDIT: I was thinking about it, and Malak as a force ghost would work. The Force Ghost implies that one has come to terms and became "one with the force." Not "one with the light." I seem to remember quite a few sith who, as they lay dying, used their last moments to do this.
 XoRRoX
01-22-2006, 6:38 AM
I would like Bindo back. He was that guy, who was on the light side but not a part of the Jedi Order. He did think in the "new way". And he didn't put anything in the "light side" or "dark side" group.

He should be a force ghost, there trains the new PC. Bindo could be a nice master.

Carth should return in the game, as a cameo. I love the scene, where you talk with him. Especially if you are Revan female.

T3-m4 and HK-47 should also return, because they play certains roles in the game.
 JediMaster12
01-23-2006, 11:45 AM
Kudos for you XoRRoX! My favorite characters to see. I wouldn't mind seeing Atton or Mira again, even the Handmaiden and as I've said before, Kavar.
 igyman
01-29-2006, 3:00 PM
HK-47 is a character that must appear in KoTOR 3 as a party member, Bastila and Carth also (presuming you will play as Revan), the Handmaiden should appear as a historian at the Jedi Academy on Coruscant, just to show consistency with Kreia's premonition, Mission should definitely appear as a party member, but this time sepparated from Zaalbar, he should only appear if you revisit Kashyyyk - as the leader of the Wookie tribe, not as a party member. Canderous must reappear, but i don't know if he should be a party member, Bao-Dur should reappear as a party member (just because he's an alien and the party should have more aliens, it's boring if most party members are humans). Jolee and Juhani should appear as members of the reestablished Jedi Council on Coruscant.
 Phaedra36
01-30-2006, 12:05 AM
Carth, Jolee, Atton, the droids, Bastila, Visas, Revan, Exile, and Bao-Dur. Bao-Dur because he has a everlasting loyalty to his General, Carth (if you were F LS Revan), Jolee since you always have to have the Windu of the Kotor series (his personality and Windu's is kinda the same imo), Atton for his wit, charm, and love interest to the Exile if she was a female, Visas for the male Exile's love interest,and Revan and the Exile (don't have to explain why).
So basically I don't think you should have all those characters, just depending on the choices you made throughout the game.
 Maverick5770
02-01-2006, 11:08 PM
Heck, i'd love all of them back but Carth,Atton,Bastila,HK,T3 and Handmaiden are almost neccesary, Bao Dur would Be nice too.
 Phaedra36
02-03-2006, 2:00 AM
To clarify more on my post and to keep it as an on going discussion this is how I would like the characters placed...
Disciple, Handmaiden, and Jolee should be the head people of the newly formed Jedi Council. After all, Kreia says that Handmaiden turns out to be a Chronicler if I am correctand Disciple is a part of the Jedi Academy (heard it through a different forum).
I could care less about the wookies. Zaalbar was boring and never talked. I never bothered with Hanharr yet, but Zaalbar kinda turned me off from wookies.
As for Mission, I don't really care. She was nice to have, but not one of those important NPC's people think about when they think of Kotor.
Same for Juhani..
Canderous- is getting a little tiresome in my opinion, but I could see him getting worked into the storyline. He wants to know why his master left him, but I think he would do MUCH better if he was more of a cameo because his main goal in life is to rebuild the Mandalorians. How could he do that if he keeps running off to save the world?
Bao-Dur-I could see being worked into the storyline, the ever-faithful Techie/Jedi to his General. Like Canderous, he would probably just be better off deciding to work on other restoration planets instead of fighting.
Mira: She was kinda cool, but would do better as a cameo or have a brief appearance as a party member like Trask. She obviously loved it in Nar Shadaa and the most logical thing to do would be for her to return there and help restore her home.
As for MUSTS:
The droids. They have been party members for both I and II, they should be party members in the next one.
Carth and Bastila- In order for this to be a good roleplaying game, you need to tie up the loose ends. I know people have their favorites and some people do not want Carth or even Bastila, but this is a roleplaying game and the romance between Revan and one of the two has to come to an end. It would be -extremely- unfair if one was in and the other was not.
Atton and Visas- Atton is the typical Han Solo. It's always fun to have a witty, sarcastic, charming guy around. Visas is more mysterious and very loyal. Both would make great love interests. For someone to be named Disciple and Handmaiden, they just don't seem important enough to me even if you get their real names. Even if Atton's was fake, at least he came with a name.
Revan and the Exile- Their destiny is to go out into the Outer Rim so it is almost a given that they should play a major part in the third one. Plus, the romance plot needs to be fulfilled.I just don't want Carth waiting for my LS Revan F forever :-p Anyway, one of my ideas is to just pick a teacher from either Bastila, Revan, or the Exile to clear up some possible party space (each representing a different job from the Jedi/Sith order).
P.S. Musts btw should be companions to bring along with you on the trip.
 Lord_Andre
02-14-2006, 2:17 PM
The party members I would like to see are:Mandalore,Handmaiden,Visas,Atton,
Carth,Bastila,HK-47,T3-M4,Jolee,Mira,Bao-Dur,Mission,Zaalbar.The Exile would be more powerfull with all of them togheter.It would be cool to see Carth telling Atton the laws of the Republic and Atton saying that he doesn't care.
 JediMaster12
02-14-2006, 2:50 PM
The odds of them meeting are approximately 3,527 to 1! :D There was never someone who liked to get lost more that Atton so it is a highly unlikely possibility that those two would meet unless it were under extreme conditions or by the will of the Force.
 igyman
02-14-2006, 2:54 PM
You mean by the will of the programmers.:)
 Vladimir-Vlada
02-14-2006, 3:02 PM
I would really like to see the sight of Atton, Carth, Canderous and Bao-Dur fighting. That would be really funny. Also, a fight between Mira and Bastila would make my day.
 JediMaster12
02-14-2006, 4:07 PM
You mean by the will of the programmers.:)

Maybe, maybe not :D

Still I will admit that it would be funny to see: a scoundrel and a straight arrow admiral butting heads over regulations and flexing their muscles. I never really understood that between guys though I do admit that having HK-47 give tips like rip his head off would add to the amusement.
 Phaedra36
02-14-2006, 4:14 PM
Carth and Atton as drinking buddies would be hilarious lmao. I would also like to see Atton and T3-M4 get into a fight rofl.
 Vladimir-Vlada
02-14-2006, 4:21 PM
I still think that the combination Carth, Atton, Canderous and Bao-Dur hits the spot. :D
 igyman
02-14-2006, 4:23 PM
I would really like to see the sight of Atton, Carth, Canderous and Bao-Dur fighting. That would be really funny. Also, a fight between Mira and Bastila would make my day.

How about a fight between the Handmaiden and Visas?
 Vladimir-Vlada
02-14-2006, 4:25 PM
That too can do (although you can see this)... But there can also be the variant: Handmaiden, Mira and Bastila fight eacht other. :D
 igyman
02-14-2006, 4:28 PM
And maybe HK-47 standing on the side, watching the fight and yelling at the participants of the best ways to kill their opponents.

Something like: (at Bastila) ''Stupid Jedi, you could have broken their necks with your Force 15 minutes ago!'' or ''Stupid jedi, why do you keep that lightsaber, if you are not going to use it?!''
 Vladimir-Vlada
02-14-2006, 4:36 PM
And maybe HK-47 standing on the side, watching the fight and yelling at the participants of the best ways to kill their opponents.

Something like: (at Bastila) ''Stupid Jedi, you could have broken their necks with your Force 15 minutes ago!'' or ''Stupid jedi, why do you keep that lightsaber, if you are not going to use it?!''
:D :D :D :D :D
 Phaedra36
02-14-2006, 5:08 PM
I still think that the combination Carth, Atton, Canderous and Bao-Dur hits the spot. :D
I agree lol.
 igyman
02-14-2006, 5:18 PM
For me it's HK-47, Bastila, Jolee (not necessarily as a party member), Bao-Dur, Mission, Handmaiden (same as for Jolee), Canderous (same as the two before) and T3 (just for tradition's sake) and 3-5 new characters, preferrably alien species (so it wouldn't be monotonous).
 Phaedra36
02-14-2006, 6:39 PM
For me it's HK-47, Bastila, Jolee (not necessarily as a party member), Bao-Dur, Mission, Handmaiden (same as for Jolee), Canderous (same as the two before) and T3 (just for tradition's sake) and 3-5 new characters, preferrably alien species (so it wouldn't be monotonous).
And Atton. >.>
 RobQel-Droma
02-14-2006, 10:09 PM
I'd love to see some previous character interaction, perhaps near the end when they're all together or something. Carth and Atton (and Bao-Dur) would be cool, but I would suggest having them loading up on Juma Juice in a cantina.

As for the Bastila/Handmaiden/Mira fight.... :D But it would be funny even to just hear a conversation between the three of them, especially with their different personalities.
 Phaedra36
02-14-2006, 10:32 PM
I'd love to see some previous character interaction, perhaps near the end when they're all together or something. Carth and Atton (and Bao-Dur) would be cool, but I would suggest having them loading up on Juma Juice in a cantina.

Lmao, I could hear Carth and Atton having a conversation about sharing stories about their girlfriends, Revan and the Exile (if both are F) while loading up juma juice.

As for the Bastila/Handmaiden/Mira fight.... :D But it would be funny even to just hear a conversation between the three of them, especially with their different personalities.

Lmao. Handmaiden would switch to her underwear so she could fight better rofl.
 Vladimir-Vlada
02-14-2006, 10:47 PM
And when you add Mission, Jolee, Revan and the Exile to the mix. You get... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
 igyman
02-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Well, now you're turning it into a parody.
 JediMaster12
02-15-2006, 12:20 PM
Oh, you pain me igyman! Still some interaction between previous NPCs at some point in time during the game would be excitingly funny that probably evry gamer would bust a gut, or two. :D
 igyman
02-15-2006, 2:46 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it, I love a good laugh, but just don't exaggerate.
 Vladimir-Vlada
02-15-2006, 3:02 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it, I love a good laugh, but just don't exaggerate.
I probably exagerated there, sorry. Anyway, I would like that most of the characters return, along with some new ones. Except for maybe Visas (she creeps me out).
 Joe©
02-15-2006, 10:38 PM
I would really like to see HK-47 and Jolee.
Reven and exile too, but I have no idea how they would pull that one off :)
 Beast-Thrasher
02-15-2006, 10:52 PM
I would like to see Juhani with an apprentice and possibly see Juhani's Master, Master Quatra, no particular reason just for keeps since we only know that she left after the final trial with Juahani and her fate isn't told as well as Juhani in K2(If Revan goes light side). I know Quatra was not a significant character but for kicks I would like to see Quatra on Corucsant or something with Juhani and her apprentice.
 RobQel-Droma
02-15-2006, 11:40 PM
You know, the "Mysterious Man" from Manaan, that tells you to go look in the different bases for clues in Sunry's murder trial, might make an interesting return. Not big, but more like Adum Larp's cameo in TSL. Just a tiny bit of dialogue without a big mention of the fact that he was in the first game. Then again, I'm not really sure whether I'm suggesting him just for the sake of some minor character to have a cameo. :)

As for Quatra, that would be interesting (although I agree that it would probably be "just for kicks"). The only problem with that is that she might have died in the Dantooine bombing, or later in the Jedi Purge by Nihilus and Sion. And talking about the Jedi Purge, I wonder what happened to the Jedi from K1? Obviously Bastila survived, and the four Jedi Masters, but what about people like Juhani?
 JediMaster12
02-15-2006, 11:50 PM
You know I don't think they were mentioned because you had the option to kill them in KOTOR and they couldn't work in the elements if Revan was DS or LS. It's also a matter of picking and choosing; pick what you can work with.
 Phaedra36
02-16-2006, 12:33 AM
I'll tell you the people I DON'T want in K3.
Kreia- She never would leave me alone, never would shut up. Used my char. from the beginning to the very end, and all she was good for was seeing into the future.
Zaalbar and Hanharr- Unless they shut up about being slaves, I don't want them.
G0-T0- Served no purpose, and I don't think we need 3 droids anyway. I like the loyal T3-M4 and the sadistic HK-47.
 Beast-Thrasher
02-16-2006, 12:57 AM
As for Quatra, that would be interesting (although I agree that it would probably be "just for kicks"). The only problem with that is that she might have died in the Dantooine bombing, or later in the Jedi Purge by Nihilus and Sion. And talking about the Jedi Purge, I wonder what happened to the Jedi from K1? Obviously Bastila survived, and the four Jedi Masters, but what about people like Juhani?

As for Quatra I don't think she returned to Dantooine, I THINK it was said that she was on her way to Corucsant and wouldn't be back anytime soon.
And she wasn't mentioned as one of the Jedi that died although only what? two or three names were mentioned anywho.

As for the four Masters are you refering to Vandar, Dorak, Zhar and another mystery one?

Also this just came to mind but when you go to Dantooine in K1 Juhani has a best friend called Belaya or something, it would be nice to see if anything happened there.
 RedHawke
02-16-2006, 1:07 AM
Also this just came to mind but when you go to Dantooine in K1 Juhani has a best friend called Belaya or something, it would be nice to see if anything happened there.
It might benefit some of you to play the game different ways. ;)

If you kill Juhani in the grove, Belaya will get quite upset at you and leave, and you can even meet her later in the game where she tries for a little payback. It seems Belaya and Juhani were... well... a little more than freinds.
 Diego Varen
02-16-2006, 3:34 AM
As for the Masters are you refering to Vandar, Dorak and Zhar

All three died on Katarr, unless if Vandar died on KOTOR
Page: 4 of 5