Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Returning Characters

Page: 3 of 5
 marvidchano
01-03-2006, 7:43 AM
Of course there will be room. I was thinking of at least 8 more party members. Also I was thinking of upgrading the Ebon Hawk.

But the most important is: That every party member, you and every NPC affects the story. Even one single decission can change the story completely. So the more party members, NPC's, side quests and decissions=Longer, better story with multiple endings :smash:
upgradin the ebon hawk.... yea i thought about that 1 too i got bored of the same ship, i reckon they should change it or make a new 1.
Heres my list:
Exile,
Revan,
Bastilla,
HK-47,
T3-M4. nobody else everyone else bugged me.......
 Diego Varen
01-08-2006, 11:37 AM
I agree. Anyway Kreia didn't like using the Force, but as for Vrook, Kavar and Zez-Kai Ell I would. I would also like to see Master Vash as she hasn't really been in much of TSL and would be interesting to talk to in KOTORIII.

For other Party Members (Unless they died if DS), I would like to see Carth, Bastila, Mission, Zaalbar, Mandalore, T3-M4, HK-47 and basically everyone from both games. However, I would like to see most of your Party be new characters, such as a Smuggler.

G0-T0 shouldn't be in it as he was destroyed on Malachor and Bao-Dur's Remote shouldn't either, (Unless DS).

I would also like to see characters from any of the two games who made cameos to be in your Party as long as they didn't die. These are Dustil Onasi (Trying to become a Jedi), Yuthara Ban (Light Side) Uthar Wynn (Dark Side, Freyer (Light Side), Chunddar (Dark Side).

One thing I'm confused about whether Mira and Hanharr survive on Malachor. If anyone knows, please say.
 JediMaster12
01-09-2006, 6:33 PM
Mira survives, if LS because Kreia's vision says that see dies later helping people and will have not regrets. As for returning characters, my crew is Carth, Bastilla and Force Ghost Jolee and Force Ghost Kavar
 BattleDog
01-09-2006, 7:59 PM
I think that Carth should be in it, and Bastila and I think they should have a big part. I can imagine you getting your orders from Carth at the start of the game and having to check in with him and the Council, that could make for great tension. I still think Jolee is still alive, he's a survivor.
 RobQel-Droma
01-09-2006, 11:12 PM
^Nah, I figured that even if Jolee didn't kill him, he would probably decide that he had done his part in destroying the Star Forge. I don't quite know how to put it, but the impression I got was that he was "coming out of retirement" (so to speak) for one last time when he joined Revan.
 JediMaster12
01-10-2006, 2:35 AM
So you say that Jolee had one last adventure with Revan and then decided to snuff it or go back to being the crotchety hermit in the woods?
 Diego Varen
01-10-2006, 2:43 AM
But does Hanharr survive? Because Mira could have spared him or killed him. It also didn't matter if when fighting Hanharr if he killed you, because you would just take control of the Remote. One more question. How does Hanharr even get to Malachor in the first place?
 lukeiamyourdad
01-10-2006, 11:48 AM
One more question. How does Hanharr even get to Malachor in the first place?

The same way Kreia got there ;)
 Darth InSidious
01-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Kill off Carth. He's annoying, paranoid, whingy and his voice is beginning to grate after two games...:D

Other than that, Canderous, HK, T3, (Does Mission survive? If so, Mission/Zaalbar), Atton. Others either die, or are annoying, or I'm not really too fussed.

Oh, and T3H 3XIL @S T3H NPC, LOLOL!!!11!!!1 :xp:
 JediMaster12
01-10-2006, 12:59 PM
But does Hanharr survive? Because Mira could have spared him or killed him. It also didn't matter if when fighting Hanharr if he killed you, because you would just take control of the Remote. One more question. How does Hanharr even get to Malachor in the first place?

Remember in Visquis' arena with the kath hounds. Kreia comes to heal his wounds and sends him there. She tells him that he would need the pain for journey and if he survives, his debt would be ended.

In my games I always have Mira kill him. Personally I would like to see her again.
 Diego Varen
01-10-2006, 1:22 PM
I know that Hanharr is sent by Kreia, but how does he actually get there? I mean what ship did he get. Snuck on the Ebon Hawk and got off or whatever.

Question to lukeiamyourdad, how does Kreia get to Malachor exactly?
 lukeiamyourdad
01-10-2006, 1:36 PM
Question to lukeiamyourdad, how does Kreia get to Malachor exactly?

Well, Sion and his Sith can go there, it's safe to say they used some kind of ship ;)
 Darth InSidious
01-10-2006, 6:32 PM
Either that, or some uber-mystic plot device :xp:
 90SK
01-10-2006, 6:35 PM
Remember everyone: the Ebon Hawk isn't the only starship in the galaxy. ;)

Sion had the Harbinger to get to Malachor, and Kreia probably snagged one off of citadel after she visited Atris. Either that, or she got one directly from Atris. Maybe she gave Hanharr a lift, who knows.
 Darth InSidious
01-10-2006, 6:40 PM
And she got off Dantooine...How? With an old speeder, some sticky-backed plastic and a hyperdrive engine? :xp:
 90SK
01-10-2006, 6:43 PM
Geez, what did you do, close your eyes while playing the game? She obviously flew off on one of those large manta-ray things. :xp:

Seriously, though. I assume she had a ship in order by the time she decided to leave. Maybe she took one of the Master's ships. After all, Kavar and Zez had to get there somehow.
 Darth InSidious
01-10-2006, 6:51 PM
Maybe they all rode an echo on Forceboards? :xp: :D
 Meatbag
01-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Possible spoilers ahead...

If HK-47 and T3-M4 don't make a appearance, you think the game will sell? lol
Yes, T3 knows everything. I'm not sure if I am buggy or something in TSL, but I saw two weird droid cutscenes:
1. HK finding out that the navicomputer is voice-locked to T3 (remember on Peragus, HKs can mimick voices) and T3 shocks him and removes the data from him; "Dwoooooo.". HK says something like: "IF someone was to lock a navicomputer, it is to hide where someone has been."... did you also see this? T3 shocks him with a pink shock arm effect and HK assumes a rather funny 'in pain' pose. I never saw mention of this by anybody, maybe I'm just Visas with some ysalamiri around her head.
2. The Remote flies into the Hawk's engine room, and our friendly interrogator destroys it, but I figured it wasn't right. It happened when I boarded the Hawk. I went straight to "the Iridonian" and the Remote was there... the cutscene did seem incomplete, though...

The droids should make a comeback... Kreia does say that Brianna rebuilds the Jedi Order... so she could be just a cameo, sorta like Carth in TSL. And Mira, we can suppose that the prophecy is in the future. I just like the way she talks, lol
Kreia as one with the Force? I don't think so. Doesn't the Darth Traya name kinda tell you she's Sith? Does Palps come back as a Force ghost? No, I'd say most Sith just... cease to exist. If Sion cuts Kreia's hand off so easily, shouldn't it be easy for her to slice his head in half? When she waves that nonexistent hand while talking, it's really weird.
Maybe others... I just loved Zez, he was a really nice real jedi guy, and, uh, I liked his hairdo with the moustache. Obi-Wan wasn't the only one now, lol
 Darth n00b
01-11-2006, 12:26 PM
As stadet, if you wan't KotOR you get Mandalor, T3-M4 and HK-47.
All of them are cool NPC, though I would like more HK-47 talking to T3-M4, a more R2 and 3PO relationship.

When that stated I must say I am up for new NPC and not to many old ones IN YOUR TEAM.
There are some that can be aloved, like Jolee and Bao-Dur, but I don't wan't to many.

I would absolutly like Jolee on some way or another teach you something.
A force trick, lightsaber stance or just telling you a story.
He is alive mind you, Revan couldn't slay him. No sire!

And I would like see Ebon Hawk be fixed by Bao-Dur on some planet.
Where you are having a conversation with him and he is hinting over and over that he has been on the ship before, but denies it when you ask him...

Is there one I would realy like to see, would it be Mission.
She is probubly all grown up by that time.
Hopefully companioned by Zaalbar.

Handmaiden, Vissa Mar, Atton, Bastilla and Carth should be in the game, some way or another.
 JediMaster12
01-11-2006, 12:37 PM
And I would like see Ebon Hawk be fixed by Bao-Dur on some planet.
Where you are having a conversation with him and he is hinting over and over that he has been on the ship before, but denies it when you ask him...

And how do you do that?
 90SK
01-11-2006, 1:55 PM
I don't think he intends on going into detail about literary subtlety. ;)

Jolee and Bao-Dur would be really fun. Their personalities seem to click, and it would be fun to see them act out together.
 RobQel-Droma
01-11-2006, 11:10 PM
He is alive mind you, Revan couldn't slay him. No sire!

Really? Thats funny- I could have sworn that one of the choices in K1 was that both Jolee and Juhani bit the dust together... Maybe I was mistaken... :rolleyes:

And for the others, besides my earlier post about Jolee, did you ever wonder how old the guy was? Wasn't the Exar Kun war about forty years before K1, and he was a Knight or around that rank? (his memory went back a long way) Then add that to five years and whatever the gap between TSL and K3, and he's getting ancient.

Besides, I'm not saying he just went back to Kashyyyk and just died; I was thinking more of a Yoda/Ob-Wan type death, by dissappearing. I like Jolee, it isn't that I want him dead, I just want him as a Force Ghost. Personally, I think he'd make a good one.
 JediMasterDeath
01-12-2006, 4:28 AM
Heya guys, here my thoughts, !!SPOILERS AHEAD!!

(Sry if anyone said any of my ideas before, and keep in mind i've only played the good side, so I dunno about dark side, and i've only played male)

Joelee Bindo + Keria (Darth Treya): How about a Joelee ghost for the good side ;) And how about a dark side rival with a Keria Ghost (vis-versa if on the dark side) This gives the possiblilty for the Keria Joelee face-of someone was talking about -.^
(Another possibility is a Master Vandaar ghost inseatd of Joelee, I can't remeber if he died in that meeting on Visas's planet, or Nhilus instead of Keria. This would prove an intresting ghost face-off)

The Driods: Driods, Driods, Driods, of course were gonna have the driods. (Probably not G0-To or Remote, to tell you the truth I could care less about them *didn't they die?*) -HK-47 Hes going to be there, period. T3 of course hes going to be there, its the R2-D2 of the group.

Wookies: As for Hanharr and Zaalbar, how about for goodies Zaalbar is made a wookie chief! Baddies same for Hanharr. Not party members but still make an apearence, and play a role. On a side-note a Female wookie party member would probably be fun a twist ; )

Exile+Revan: IF THEY DON'T COME BACK I WILL KILL EVERY LIVING THING ON THE PLANET! Some people say it would have been to hard for the KOTOR crew to find a way to make a Revan appear because they don't know what you made him/her look like. HOW BOUT THIS: At the start of the game have one of your party members do the same thing as Atton did in TSL, but make them ask "So what do you think Revan looked like?" then bring the player to a character creation screen, and he can create what model he/she had played in KOTOR I. BAM! Instant Revan! Then have this Atton-like character ask about the Exile, do the same DAMN THING! (As you can tell I was very angered at the lack of Revan in KOTOR:TSL) I dunno about party members though, that would kinda be werid ;) Mabye like at the very end of the game have the main character and thoese 2 team up to beat the uber baddie. THAT WOULD KICK SO MUCH ASS ^.^ So LIMMITED party members! Like that fool in the first KOTOR at the start of the game.

Carth Onasi+Atton: I'm not expecting Carth as party members either, but if he dosn't make an appearence I will possibly have to destroy half the planet, or just a continent. Make Carth a big admiral no-doubt. Probably make him AGE ; ) Little more gray in the hair :o Someone said in a hidden trailer around somewhere there was "bad news for Atton fans" I'm going to guess that means he dies? party member.

Canderous Ordo (Mandelore): This guys pretty bad ass :D But I can't see him as a Party Member. And hes getting pretty old now too aint he? How bout in next one he is (of course) Leader of the Mandelorians, and one of your party members is a Mandelorians (I'd write a whole story about it but I don't feel like it :P ). Half way through the story you get caught, Mandelore leads his forces to the location of where your caught (planet, space station, ship, wtever) Epic battle insues, Canderous and crew almost escape, but Main Baddy is there guarding the exit ;) Canderous fights the main baddy so you escape, awsome battle sence, Canderous gets defeated in a glorious comabt. New Mandelore is needed, in comes your Mandelorian party member ;) has to do somthing to become the new Mandelore, mabye youngest Mandelore there ever was? (Blah, blah, blah, you get the idea)

Mission + Mira: They both need to atleast MAKE A FRIGGIN APPEARANCE. Common! WTF is with TSL and half my god damn party not even being mentioned?! If a baddie, then no apprence for Mission (apprently she always dies when a baddie?) but you gotta atleast give them a cut-scence! I wouldn't mind a Mira comming back as a party member ;) Im not sure what you would talk about for Mission though if she was a member....I would atleast like to know what happened to her. Not to mention both of them are BABES (Mission WAS to young :P, not anymore!)

Bastila Shan + Visas Marr: They WONT, and I would perfer them to not be party members, but they WILL NEED to make an apperance. Im not sure on how these 2 will make and apperance, but they will ^.^ or something will die by my hands.

Handmaiden(Brianna)/Disciple(Mical): I dunno much on Disciples story (Im not a chick) but if hes anything like Handmaiden then I think both should appear. (depending on your gender) I was surpised that Visas and not Handmaiden turned out to be Exiles love. So she still needs a man ;) She wasn't that old either, and im sure the KOTOR crew could give more of a storyline to her, and mabye use her real name? ^.^

Bao-Dur: This guy could definatley use some more storyline, I would atleast like him to be a interative computer-player. Party member is a possibility too. He could upgrade the Ebon Hawk for you ; )

Juhani: Eh, and that pretty much sums up my feelings thoward her ; ) I couldn't care more or less if she appeared, but I guess some insight on what happened to her could prove to be a mind easer. Not a party member, mabye just hanging around the Jedi Conclave?

So 6 of the oldies as party members ^.^ HK, T3, Atton (If Not Dead), Mira, Handmaiden/?Dicisple?, and Bao-dur. Of course they won't make 6 party members from pervious games, I CAN DREAM THOUGH. ABSOLUTE MEMBERS: HK, T3, Handmaiden, Atton (IF NOT DEAD)

On my last few words I would like to state 1 character that I think should appear as a young boy, whom was actually mentioned in Episode 3, Darth Plagues ; ) PROBABLY NOT THOUGH > . < Im not sure if the age thing would work out ^.^

ALL THIS IS AN !IF! THEY MAKE KOTOR 3. They probably will though...right? RIGHT!?!?!??!
 Darth n00b
01-12-2006, 5:57 AM
Really? Thats funny- I could have sworn that one of the choices in K1 was that both Jolee and Juhani bit the dust together... Maybe I was mistaken... :rolleyes:
No, he lives, he must, he is... precious...
*snaps*
 RedHawke
01-12-2006, 9:00 AM
No, he lives, he must, he is... precious...
*snaps*
Now that's the statement of a real Jolee Bindo fan! :xp:
 JediMasterDeath
01-12-2006, 9:13 AM
lol...yha, I dont remeber Joelee dying when I played, infact he was in my party on the StarForge
 Meatbag
01-12-2006, 10:14 AM
You mean Jolee and Kreia (Traya), right? Joe Leigh was not a character in this game. :P And, er, JediMasterDeath, I find it uneasy to read that post because of you threatening to blow things up ( :thermal: ) and advertising Football Club UK...
And I wouldn't give ol' Kreia Force Ghostiness. She doesn't deserve it, most Sith don't get that form of returning.
And LA would be rather stupid not to make a KoTOR III, I'm sure they can smell big money from it :D
EDIT: And, the Exile's love is either Visas or Brianna, depending on your influence with them.
 JediMasterDeath
01-12-2006, 10:31 AM
lol, mere humor Meatbag with the blowing the world up, ;) I thought that would be obvious by the fact of what I had said I woild blow up? and im pretty sure I said Joelee didn't I?
 Darth InSidious
01-12-2006, 1:40 PM
Kreia wouldn't come back as a Force Ghost. She hates the Force.
Jolee is dead. Force Ghosts are cheesy and would add a layer of cliche I'd rather that KotOR III didn't have. The description idea would need to go into so much detail in the dialogue it would seem ridiculously un-realistic, IMHO.

JediMasterDeath: The spellings are "Kreia/Traya", "Jolee Bindo", "Droid", "face-off", "Vandar", "Nihilus", "Mandalore". Star Forge is two words, and you shouldn't capitalise a word in the middle of a sentence unless it's a proper noun ;)
[/grammarification :xp: ]
 Meatbag
01-12-2006, 4:06 PM
The power of grammar is immense...
And with the blowing things up, in SWG forums this guy took a map of Austin where the Devs are, and drew on stuff like 'target located' and things, and one of the community peeps said they might call the police! That's cheesy.
Force Ghosts aren't cheesy. I find them to show the true nature of the Force. Besides, a true Jedi doesn't die, they become one with the Force. :P
And if they were cheesy, Luke wouldn't come up close because of the awful smell.
 Darth InSidious
01-12-2006, 5:00 PM
Oh, come on. They're outdated by twenty years! They look stupid. If you don't like cheesy, then how about kitsch?
 JediMaster12
01-12-2006, 5:14 PM
Force Ghosts aren't cheesy!! You are just in a bad mood. Take a time-out :)
 Gray_Master
01-12-2006, 5:19 PM
I think it would be neat if he did, it would make it more "Star Wars-ish" i suppose. But if you wanna get down and dirty, according to EpIII RotS Qui-gon Jinn was the Jedi who learned how to come back as a ghost kinda thing...not syaing it wasn't done before but that ability would have been lost at some point had it been known before.
 Point Man
01-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Here's my list of characters to return:
MUST HAVE
HK-47 in party
T3-M4 in party
REVAN as object of quest
THE EXILE as object of quest
CANDEROUS as leader of a suicide mission that helps buy time to fight "THE TRUE SITH" and brings glory to the Mandalorians forever

SHOULD HAVE
CARTH either alive or in holocron
BASTILA either alive or in holocron
VISAS in cameo
BRIANA in cameo
ATTON in cameo
MIRA in cameo

SHOULD NOT HAVE
MISSION
EITHER WOOKIE
JUHANI

MUST NOT HAVE
GOTO!!!! :firemad:
KREIA!!!! :blaze6:
 Clone L68362
01-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Kreia wasn't really a Sith everybody...Traya seemed like a whole separate person.

Speaking of Kreia, it would be cool to see the Exile and Revan meet up sometime and the Exile tells Revan everything. When he tells what happened to Kreia I just think it would be nice to see Revan react a little sadly. My first play through in TSL, when Kreia finally died, I felt kinda sad.
 Darth InSidious
01-13-2006, 4:11 AM
Traya wasn't a Sith either. She hated the force.
 Point Man
01-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Kreia wasn't really a Sith everybody

Traya wasn't a Sith either

Kreia/Traya not a sith?!?

Using The Force to manipulate people and events to benefit yourself at the expense of everyone else in the galaxy is the hallmark of the Sith. It's the same thing Darth Sidious did. She just didn't care to "rule the galaxy." She may have said she hated The Force, but there is an old saying, "What you are is screaming so loudly I cannot hear your words."

Kreia/Traya was every bit a Sith.
 RobQel-Droma
01-13-2006, 1:32 PM
Jolee is dead. Force Ghosts are cheesy and would add a layer of cliche I'd rather that KotOR III didn't have.

It almost seems like you want K3 to be a plot and a game engine, with nothing else. :xp: I don't think I've seen you want any new option/idea implanted in K3. Or maybe I just haven't looked hard enough. No offense meant DI, of course... :D

But as for what you said: I'm sorry, but where is your basis for "Force Ghosts are cheesy?" You must be suggesting that RotJ was cheesier than any of the other movies because some old guy had to show up with a blue glow around him and guide Luke- wasn't cheesy to me.
 JediMaster12
01-13-2006, 1:52 PM
Well said Rob. Kudos!
 Master omega
01-14-2006, 2:02 PM
Im not botherd really all new characters would be fine for me but haveing an older mission as some Cantina Dancer Would be pretty Kool :P
 Goude
01-16-2006, 8:02 PM
in all likelyness hk-47 will be back because he survives untill the Galactic Civil War era... i dunno if i want old char's tho id be happy with just new ones or some old ones..
 Goude
01-16-2006, 8:04 PM
o and the jedi didnt really have force ghost's 'till qui-gon
 90SK
01-16-2006, 8:09 PM
Kreia/Traya not a sith?!?

Using The Force to manipulate people and events to benefit yourself at the expense of everyone else in the galaxy is the hallmark of the Sith. It's the same thing Darth Sidious did. She just didn't care to "rule the galaxy." She may have said she hated The Force, but there is an old saying, "What you are is screaming so loudly I cannot hear your words."

Kreia/Traya was every bit a Sith.

Traya hated the force. Everything about it. A Sith desires power, and uses the Dark side for evil-doings, while a Jedi wants to protect the weak, and use the light side for good-doings (something along those lines. Whatever). Traya didn't want the force to exist, and used the Dark side to suit her own purposes (which register as more or less "evil"). She didn't want power; as I've heard it been put: "she fell from the dark side to complete Nihilism". So, while she certainly is closer to a Sith than a Jedi, I don't think she quite fits into the category.
 PoiuyWired
01-16-2006, 8:23 PM
Im not botherd really all new characters would be fine for me but haveing an older mission as some Cantina Dancer Would be pretty Kool :P

While I definitely want to see Mission all grown up and hot (and in a hot dancer outfit), I don't expact to see her as a Cantina Dancer. She can do better than that?
 Point Man
01-16-2006, 9:23 PM
Traya hated the force. Everything about it.
I think she felt betrayed because The Force did not protect her when Sion and Nihilus deposed her. In fact, it served Sion and Nihilus in their coup d'etat. She wanted revenge on the Jedi, Nihilus, Sion, The Force, and anyone or anything else who she felt had harmed her. She saw that The Exile was her best instrument for exacting that revenge. However, being angry at The Force (indeed, the entire galaxy) for perceived betrayals does not mean she was not a Sith.
 90SK
01-16-2006, 9:42 PM
I think your reasoning is right on, though like I said: even if she considered herself sith, she does not fit the mold at all. I think the best way to describe the argument now is: she wasn't at all a "typical" sith.
 RobQel-Droma
01-17-2006, 11:23 AM
o and the jedi didnt really have force ghost's 'till qui-gon

How do you know? :)

I think Mission can do better than that, like PoiuyWired said. :) As for the dancer outfit, PW - c'mon, I'd think you could find a better reason for Mission to come back than for eye-candy. :xp:
 ExileRevan
01-17-2006, 4:13 PM
CALO NORD definately :twogun: Admiril Carth Onasi an awesome character some sort of Sith Lord fighting for you that would own!
 JediMaster12
01-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Ok. That is disturbing but I give you credit for liking Calo Nord. The Bad news however, you kill him in KOTOR.
 Goude
01-18-2006, 7:52 PM
i dont really know but based on all the evidence....
Page: 3 of 5