Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Returning Characters

Page: 2 of 5
 JediMaster12
12-14-2005, 7:31 PM
Yeah T3 knows all and tells all. No offense to HK but he was blasted apart after KOTOR. We don't know how or why but those two I definitely want to see.
 Darca Lar
12-17-2005, 8:16 PM
Well Canderous Ordo did return in KOTOR II as the leader of Clan Ordo on the Dxun moon, so I think they should go ahead and make him a returning character finishing rebuilding the Mandalorians.
 JediMaster12
12-21-2005, 1:29 PM
But remember, Kreia said that the Mandalorians were a dying breed at the end of TSL so it may be that the clans will never be united
 RobQel-Droma
12-21-2005, 2:52 PM
^She did say that, but I hope we still see more of them, especially if we go to their homeplanet (Mandalore) like I and a few others suggested. What she said doesn't mean that they have to decline right away- at least I hope not.
 JediMaster12
12-21-2005, 6:17 PM
You got a point there because in an other post I mentioned something along the lines that history shows that decline is gradual and takes time. Maybe Mandalore will have a strong enough band but not in the grandeur of the Mandalorian Wars
 RobQel-Droma
12-21-2005, 7:02 PM
Yeah, I doubt that the Mandalorians will ever do anything but slide slowly and inevitably backwards. They may make a large force (to some extent) again, but they'll never get back to what they once were.
 Darca Lar
12-21-2005, 7:59 PM
True, but it would be cool just to see the mandalorians final attempt of rebuilding.
 90SK
12-21-2005, 8:17 PM
Maybe they almost have their glory moment, but Manderous gets cut down, or something. Frankly, I'm sporting to have a main character die. We need the shakeup.
 Darca Lar
12-21-2005, 8:23 PM
That would be a bit of a shake up, but then Canderous would have to die somewhere near the end of the game after he comes to a big realization that he ironically regrets. Then its got that drama to it so its more...emotional and such.
 RobQel-Droma
12-21-2005, 8:48 PM
I think that maybe Canderous should finally die, but it should be "going out in glory" kind of moment. He should probably end up becoming a Mandalorian hero that the rest of the clans hold in honor, or something. You know, have a big battle, maybe they are your allies and they are helping you fight the Sith, and then they get forced back and Mandalore goes running out and tries to take them all on single-handedly. He dies, of course, and they lose, but he still defends and saves his clan, if only for a little bit. Just make him have a glorious exit at least.

I think that maybe Carth should die in a battle too, his ship destroyed as he is defending Telos- very emotional, of course, but he should have a "good" end too.

But, there should be some major character that dies, perhaps another one of the characters from the earlier ones, or maybe a new prominent character (or even maybe a party member) could have a dramatic and emotional death. Or maybe even Revan and the Exile- although that would probably only happen if they were the opposite side or something.
 90SK
12-21-2005, 9:21 PM
I agree with regards to Carth. I really liked Carth. He's one of the primary characters in the KotOR series, and he is undeniably alive (one way or another) through K1 and K2. He'll make a stand in K3, hopefully.
 RobQel-Droma
12-21-2005, 9:30 PM
I wasn't one of the people who are Carth-haters either, I liked him also. That is why I think he along with Canderous should have a honorable death.
 Darca Lar
12-21-2005, 9:35 PM
i agree, and maybe carth dies fighting alongside his son or saving his son, or you know something with a reappearance of his son that makes carth fight so emotionally and eventually dies during the battle.
 RobQel-Droma
12-21-2005, 9:40 PM
And Dustil, Jedi Knight, takes up the defence and restoration of Telos because of the memory of his father- that would be a nice "Onasi legacy."

There is only one little hitch- you would probably have to assume or say that Revan didn't kill Dustil in K1.
 90SK
12-21-2005, 9:43 PM
Wait, refresh my memory:

Carth doesn't die regardless in K1, right? Or is there an uncut DS female option for killing him?
 Darca Lar
12-21-2005, 9:44 PM
i guess it all depends on what they choose as the most likely to have been chosen.
 90SK
12-21-2005, 9:47 PM
Or they could always pull a "that character didn't actually die" on us. Poor OE. If they did it, it would totally not be their fault, yet everyone would bash them for it.

*curses Bioware for making K1 so customizable :fist:*
 RobQel-Droma
12-21-2005, 9:50 PM
If you are a DS female, Carth shows up on the Star Forge and tries to turn you back- there is no option but to kill him. It isn't cut, though, it is in the game; I think you were thinking about the cut ending where you can turn back to the light and die on the Star Forge with Carth.

But as for Dustil, maybe the devs will just assume that if Revan was LS he is alive. If he was DS, you have a dead Dustil. After all, that is probably what happened in most people's games.
 Darca Lar
12-21-2005, 9:57 PM
I think theyd assume LS more than DS because most times the MC is a good guy or even a bad guy doing good, but hardly ever have i seen a story where the MC is a bad guy who ends up ruling the world/galaxy.
 Rok_stoned
12-27-2005, 5:24 PM
I don't think anyone in the first two games should join your party but maybe they could be seen when you enter a bar or something. Walking into a bar and seeing atton hitting on Mission would be funny and even funnier if she turned him down. Robots are the only exception but two of them already did that and G0-T0 is someone I don't wan't see again just because I don't thats enough for me.
 RobQel-Droma
12-27-2005, 5:43 PM
The droids are kind of part of what ties all three games together, like C-3PO and R2-D2 did for all six movies. That is one of the reasons why I think they will be there for the (I believe) series closer. They should be there, at least, they have played a part in both games.
 Jae Onasi
12-28-2005, 3:30 PM
Or they could always pull a "that character didn't actually die" on us. Poor OE. If they did it, it would totally not be their fault, yet everyone would bash them for it.

*curses Bioware for making K1 so customizable :fist:*

Yep, they could always do that 'everyone thought he was dead, but he still had a flicker of life left in him, and the (Jedi/Sith) that found him kept him alive with the force til he could be dropped into the nearest kolto tank....'
Hey, it worked for Revan and Anakin, right? :)
 Nedak
12-28-2005, 3:54 PM
Mandalore will be back. But bastilla wnt casue she died giving birth to darth raptor.

whoops.

HUH?
 SOCR
12-28-2005, 5:06 PM
hmm... characters...

KOTOR1: (pretty much anyone we didnt hear from in KOTOR2)
Mission
Juhani
HK-47
Jolee

KOTOR2:
Everybody excepting Atton, Goto, and Kreia (not atton for storyline reasons, go search your sound files, pc users, for anything you didnt recognize in the game, the actual ending is hidden among them, and some bad news for atton fans)

I think G0-T0 should get a courtesy mention in the next game, but not a big part, and it would be cool if Mandalore was actually canderous. T3 maybe, but like g0-t0, not a big part
 RobQel-Droma
12-28-2005, 10:25 PM
A couple things. For the KotOR I characters, Juhani, Jolee, and Mission could all die, so I don't think we will seeing a major part from them. Of course, Jolee would probably be dead anyways, regardless of whether you killed him, which is why I say have him as a force ghost or something.

As for TSL, I know what you are talking about for Atton, but just so you know SOCR: He doesn't die no matter what, there are other cut endings with that where he survived and goes off with the Exile in the Unknown Regions.

BUT, with all that- why do you think the devs are going to pay attention to the cut content? Of course they are going to go on what happened in the finished product, they wouldn't base K3 on things that were left out of TSL. It doesn't matter that Atton could have died in the cut content, that ending was left out of the finished game, so they aren't going to throw that in like it actually happened in the game. That isn't the "real" ending- just an ending that was left out.

and it would be cool if Mandalore was actually canderous.

Guess what. He is, Kreia tells you. :)

T3 maybe, but like g0-t0, not a big part

No, keep the droids. They've been here this long, they need to stay. T3 is a very important character, and it would be criminal (especially considering the stuff he knows about the Exile and Revan) to leave him out but have HK. Except for G0-T0. I don't think that evil droid needs any courtesies at all. :)

Added spolier tags - ChAiNz.2da
 Vibro
12-29-2005, 7:46 AM

Wow! Didn't know that, Ineed to talk to the characters more :smash:.

No, keep the droids. They've been here this long, they need to stay. T3 is a very important character, and it would be criminal (especially considering the stuff he knows about the Exile and Revan) to leave him out but have HK. Except for G0-T0. I don't think that evil droid needs any courtesies at all. :)

Added spolier tags - ChAiNz.2da

Yes, I'd like to see T3 and HK back aswell.
 Sith_Reven
12-29-2005, 2:40 PM
Visas Marr my number one and first choice followed by HK-47 followed by canderous, bastila and atton. I think that even though T3 was not my favorite character he still needs to be in it because he harbours all the info on the exile and on Revans journey.
 Sith_Reven
12-29-2005, 3:05 PM
Weird It seems that my post disappeared. Visas marr must return and HK-47 and atton and canderous and bastila. T3 is not my favorite but he has to be there.
 SOCR
12-29-2005, 3:43 PM

i knew this, i didnt want to have to break up my post with spoiler tags tho, Kreia and mandalore tell you this through MANDANTORY conversation between them. You get big hints to it just before their base is attacked
 Sith_Reven
12-29-2005, 6:52 PM
The returning characters should change a bit. Example would be Visas without her headware as my avatar suggests and canderous with his armor torn up.
 RobQel-Droma
12-29-2005, 8:01 PM
i knew this, i didnt want to have to break up my post with spoiler tags tho, Kreia and mandalore tell you this through MANDANTORY conversation between them. You get big hints to it just before their base is attacked

Well, the way you said it didn't at all suggest that you did. Even if it is mandatory, though, it still is there- I don't really get your point.
 Arбtoeldar
12-29-2005, 8:30 PM
My list:

HK-47 (NPC)
T3-M4 (NPC)

Revan (Near the end interactive cameo)
Exile (Near the end interactive cameo)
Bastila (Interactive cameo)
Carth (Interactive cameo)
Brianna (Handmaiden (Interactive cameo))
Atton (Interactive cameo)
Mira (Interactive cameo)
Visas Marr (Interactive cameo)

Mission (Would be nice)
Jolee (Would be nice)

Juhani (Leave out)
Bao-Dur (Leave out)
Canderous/Mandalore (Leave out)
Kreia (Leave out)
Goto (Leave out)
Wookies (Leave out)
Mical (Disciple (Leave out))
 Klia
12-29-2005, 8:49 PM
Believe it or not. I miss my Revan.

But for a playable character I think they should bring back Mission. I mean my god, she was only 14 in the first one, after K2 she's around 19. So......by Kotor 3 she wouldn't be too old.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I can barely remember facts from both games.
 Venom750
12-29-2005, 8:55 PM
I say Revan, HK, T3, Jolee, Bastila, carth and somehow Kreia
 RobQel-Droma
12-29-2005, 9:25 PM
I wish Mission wouldn't have been killable, otherwise I would agree with you all and have her as a nice, interactive part in K3. The devs would have to decide to have you choose Revan's alignment again or something, and it wouldn't be a very big part because she might not even be there.

But just to go onto another part of this- what exactly do you all think that we will be seeing these returning characters (hopefully) doing? What part do you think they'll play?
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-29-2005, 9:30 PM
They will be the main characters and party members, along with some new party members. The way you adress them, behave towards them and how you or them deciede affect the story entierly.
 Venom750
12-29-2005, 10:11 PM
But there were all level up in pervious games so would there go back to as low level or what?
 JediKnight707
12-30-2005, 12:12 AM
My list:
Bastila
Carth
Atton
Mandalore
HK
T3
maybe Jolee
 Clone L68362
12-30-2005, 12:49 AM
Too hard to say really, I like a lot of them, but I know they can't all return. The most important, Bastila and Carth, should make an appearance, and HK, T3 and Canderous too as party members or just an appearance. I don't care who comes back from TSL, I'll put my faith in the devs.
 DarkRevan
12-30-2005, 1:19 AM
I would like like to see all of the old cast.
But for playable yeah maybe a few old cast but also a new team altogether.

I would really like it if you do actually meet the old cast. They better not cut them out. Characters like. Revan, Bastilla, Carth, Exile and whatnot.
Carth and Atton dialogue would be great!
I also liked T3 and HK. Dont you love T3? it reminds me of R2, he's got that atittude if you know what a mean. "Hey did your driod just spit at me?"
I live that bit.
Did you ever meet Dustil in Kotor 2? I dont think so. But I think it would be cool to have him as a playble charater in Kotor 3. (You know, you can have a choice, if you choose an option saying that Revan saved him in the first one, or you can say Revan killed him and get another character insted) Too complicated? Well thats my opinion, Oh well.

But yeah thats what I think.
 RobQel-Droma
12-30-2005, 4:27 PM
^If they include Dustil, I think the most they will do is just base it on his alignment. If you were a LS Revan, you would probably try and save Dustil, so it shouldn't be too much. After all, Bastila was in TSL is you chose LS Revan, no matter what. Here is what I think the characters are going to be doing:

Bastila: Jedi Master on the Council, maybe temporary Master. (If alive)
Carth: Still Republic Admiral commanding the fleet. (If alive)
Dustil: Jedi Knight, maybe with his father. (If alive)
Atton: Maybe a rogue Jedi, perhaps training you a bit in the Force in the beginning.
Brianna: Jedi Master in the new Telos Jedi Academy.
Canderous: Party Member
HK-47: Party Member
T3-M3: Party Member
Jolee: Force Ghost guiding you for a little bit.
Revan/The Exile: In the endgame part of K3, perhaps fighting them or with them.
 BattleDog
12-30-2005, 7:17 PM
I think you should decide at the starty of the game whether Reven was LS or DS and the game then assumes that he want totally one way or the other.

So, Reven LS List:

Atton (NPC)
Carth (Multiple Cameos, maybe like a guy who gives you your orders)
Bastila (NPC)
Jolie (NPC, no way the Sith got him)
HK (NPC)
T3 (NPC)
Mandalore (Cameo, but important)
4 New characters

Reven DS List:
Bastila (NPC, DS)
HK (NPC)
T3 (NPC)
Hanharr (NPC)

As to the "Force Ghost" Kreia idea that can't happen, you have to be LS and die in a self sacrificial way.
 rhinomatt
01-01-2006, 8:31 PM
My list:

HK
T3
Revan
Exile (Only see him a bit)
Bastila
Carth
Atton
Mira
Visas Marr
Mission
Jolee
Juhani
Bao-Dur
Mandalore
and four more new people.
and i think that T3, Mandalore (and some of his men) and Bao-Dur should be bulding extra rooms and parts on the ebon hawk for all the extra people!
 UncleO
01-01-2006, 9:09 PM
If at the end of TSL LS Exile goes to search for Revan, you could maybe start off as Bastila to go chase and finally find them You could maybe have remnants of the K1 and K2 party.
 RobQel-Droma
01-02-2006, 12:25 AM
^But not too many of the K1 and TSL party- you have to leave room for new party members too. I don't want to feel like I am playing K1 or TSL all over again with just a different Sith Lord.
 BattleDog
01-02-2006, 1:02 PM
Thats a bit harsh, if the old NPCs did return I think we'd all be expecting some character development.
 JediMaster12
01-02-2006, 1:10 PM
I'd have to agree with BattleDog because as time goes on, you would expect characters to develop or change. I'm all for having TSL and KOTOR characters in the new game
 RobQel-Droma
01-03-2006, 1:20 AM
^But to what extent? Is Mission going to have to sort things out with her parents or something, that all of a sudden show up? Are you going to have to save Juhani from the dark side again? What about Bao-Dur, what really can you do more with him? Or someone like The Disciple, for that matter?

I don't think the devs are going to spend time putting in things for every single party member from the other games, and give them some backstory that was never there in K1 or TSL- In my opinion, they could use that time creating some new characters for use to discover and experiment with, and actually have an interesting backstory that is something new.

I don't mind seeing cameos; but having them all show up and do all of their sidequests over again and have to get to the back of their "new" stories all over again, when you could be meeting new and different characters?

K1 was Bastila/Carth/Juhani/Mission/etc.'s story. TSL was G0-T0/Mira/Hanharr/Visas/Brianna's story. I'm not against cameos, but for KotOR III to feel like a new journey/story, you need to have well-fleshed out new characters. KotOR III isn't going to be named "KotOR III: The Previous Games Revisited", is it? They can spend their time on other things, like not having characters that have three different lines of dialogue.
 Clone L68362
01-03-2006, 1:52 AM
You don't need a lot of new characters. Look at book series...es....they always have the same characters as the main ones. The KOTOR games have enough characters now that they ARE the story, and adding another large set of new characters is kind of unnecessary. Maybe 3 or 4, but now that we have several good characters, they should focus on those, instead of leaving them behind.
 RobQel-Droma
01-03-2006, 1:57 AM
^I'm not saying leave them behind, but if we don't need a lot of new characters, why in TSL were you not Revan, and why didn't you have mostly the same old gang from K1? They need to be important in some way, at least a few of them, but KotOR isn't a book series. For the game, there needs to be new and interesting characters, otherwise, it will just get boring.
Page: 2 of 5