Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Being able to play as an alien

Page: 4 of 4
 RedHawke
11-24-2005, 10:53 PM
Besides, alien sex is gross!
Not with a Twilek hottie! :xp:
 The Doctor
11-25-2005, 4:39 PM
Oh, man, that's great! Alien PC's! ROFL! :lol:
There, StaffSaberist, someone has said it. It's no longer a serious discussion.
 StaffSaberist
11-25-2005, 9:56 PM
*Sigh* OK, it's not a serious discussion. Therefore, nobody's arguements have any merit. ;)
 Master omega
11-25-2005, 10:51 PM
It's not that ayones arguements had any merit. Its just that it was not to do with this particular thread. It was an issue that was compoundinding into a throurough issue nothing to do with the issue rased with this thread. And we are told not to change subject from the moderters. So we have to keep on topic. People were makeing this more than it was ment to be. Thats all.
 StaffSaberist
11-25-2005, 11:50 PM
What I said was a joke, kind of. If this was humor, then nobody can be taken seriously. But you are correct, we do need to either get back on topic, or have it closed. ;)
 JediMaster12
11-29-2005, 3:51 PM
Everyone calm down. If you think about it in the original films, the hero/oes were human with the exception of Chewbacca and the droids, if you would call the droids heroes. (Personally they are comic relief).
Anywhos if the heroes were human, it would make sense that the main PC in the games be human. Wouldn't it? Think about it.

*Leaving the table to let you think*
 ilwugoalie
11-29-2005, 4:46 PM
a game is a game... if you take it for more than that ... there is a problem
 Liit Orda
11-29-2005, 6:31 PM
Hell, the way I see it is that if there can be a Nautolan/Twi'lek relationship and a Bothan/Human relationship in the EU already, why would it affect anything majorly for the game?

I'd embrace the idea of playing as a different species (one of my favourite things about Jedi Academy) especially if it marks differences in class, etc. Brilliance.
 JediMaster12
11-30-2005, 8:22 PM
I just can't see it.
 Ransom
01-04-2006, 7:02 PM
Bow before Darth Webull :jedijawa: Dark Lord of the Sith! :lol:

nothing is impossable with the force.

and y would you want to have love and stuff if your a dark lord its a weekness i would sooner crush my companions if i was alowd to

anyway i think being a wookie would be fun you would scare alot of enemys
 Darth InSidious
01-04-2006, 7:38 PM
It'd mean less dialogue, as more time would be spent recording lines like "You're only human/Twi'lek/Rodian/Aqualish/Devaronian/Quarren/Selkath/Mon Calamari/Assorted Other". I'd prefer more story, myself.
 Ransom
01-04-2006, 7:51 PM
It'd mean less dialogue, as more time would be spent recording lines like "You're only human/Twi'lek/Rodian/Aqualish/Devaronian/Quarren/Selkath/Mon Calamari/Assorted Other". I'd prefer more story, myself.

maybe if thay speeked basic yes but most likely thay will speek there own toung
 Prime
01-05-2006, 10:23 AM
The whole thing would be more trouble than it is worth, IMO.
 Jae Onasi
01-05-2006, 3:06 PM
I think you could get away with some aliens that are relatively humanoid. Of course, they could also make some of the NPCs aliens, and when you have to switch from your PC to playing the NPC for awhile like in TSL, you get the alien experience. It's not a perfect answer, but one that might work. Of course, my goal is to get through the character creation screen as quickly as possible so I can get to the Star Wars music and then into the story.... :)
 Sith_Reven
01-05-2006, 3:27 PM
There are enough alien variations in kotor 1 and 2 to talk to and it just wouldn't make sense to have the player be a different species. The story is the main thing. It is what keeps me playing, I hardly pay attention to me characters appearance, save his dark/light transitions. Don' get me wrong, I think the character is important but it shouldn't be complicated by adding different races
 Sith_Reven
01-05-2006, 3:28 PM
WHoa I am really sorry for the double post.....my bad

Fixed :D ~ ChAiNz.2da
 Diego Varen
01-08-2006, 11:24 AM
I agree with Alkonium. It wouldn't matter if the species had romance. I mean on KOTOR, Dak Vesser (Human) was in love with Juhani (Cathar), so it wouldn't matter. Although it would feel weird.
 StaffSaberist
01-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Good, point, Pottsie.

Sith_Revan, you can delete the second post, if you wish. Click Edit this, click the 'delete message' radio button, then click the 'Delete this Message' button.
 Gray_Master
01-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Does race really matter when you talk to others? Just call him Jedi, adding other races wouldn't pull from the story at all...to be honest how could it...all things considered, when you become a Jedi they consider you Jedi not (race here) so going through the game being called Jedi, offworlder, or newcomer would work just fine and work for all races....besides it would add alot to EU anyway..I mean really name one Sith Twi'lek, Kril'dor, or Rodian...it would really add to the fun of char building.
 StaffSaberist
01-08-2006, 1:02 PM
Well, there was a Zabrak Sith Lord, only one, but he wasn't even in KotOR. http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/046.gif)
 Jeremia Skywalk
01-09-2006, 2:39 PM
I have an idea. You are a hutt, your party members have to pull and push you. You can neither atack nor use force, your def is 0 and you have fixed 150 hp. Only way to defeat your enemies is bribing them. you get ex for that.
 Diego Varen
01-09-2006, 2:43 PM
To be honest, that is a terrible idea.
 JediMaster12
01-09-2006, 6:43 PM
Jeremia Skywalk, you just made me laugh a ton! Heehee!
As for being able to play as an alien, I think it's a bad idea unless someone wants to take the job of creating a mod.
 Jeremia Skywalk
01-10-2006, 1:00 PM
To be honest, that is a terrible idea.

I think taking that serious is a terrible idea
 Diego Varen
01-11-2006, 1:52 AM
Agreed.
 Darth InSidious
01-11-2006, 9:17 AM
I have an idea. You are a hutt, your party members have to pull and push you. You can neither atack nor use force, your def is 0 and you have fixed 150 hp. Only way to defeat your enemies is bribing them. you get ex for that.
ROFL!
Maybe your name could be Slobba, too?
 Cygnus Q'ol
01-11-2006, 1:55 PM
This probably could have been a poll.

Who really wants to play as an alien?

I'll bet there aren't as many as you think.
Maybe once for novelty but, seriously...
 Vaelastraz
01-11-2006, 3:04 PM
I dont want to play as an alien. Iam a human, i like humans.
Besides..ALL REAL important character in star wars seem to be human xD
 ChAiNz.2da
01-11-2006, 3:10 PM
Besides..ALL REAL important character in star wars seem to be human xD
Yeah, that Yoda character was just waaay to overused.. camera hog ;)
 Prime
01-11-2006, 4:25 PM
He's just a really old human. :)
 Gray_Master
01-11-2006, 4:58 PM
ok granted...all the important chars where human yeah well other than Yoda and Chewie..yeah...but all the really cool chars were alians!! Kit, Plo, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Agen, Maul if you go sith, the Jedi council had a great deal of human alian members..or whatever...

oh yeah lets look too deeply at this for a moment k? trust me :halo2:
All the "human" chars are alian...Han was corillian and Liea was (more or less) Nadoo-ian they look alike because of how stable our genetic makeup is :)
 lukeiamyourdad
01-11-2006, 6:36 PM
All the "human" chars are alian...Han was corillian and Liea was (more or less) Nadoo-ian they look alike because of how stable our genetic makeup is :)

Except that nationality has nothing to do with specie :)
 Gray_Master
01-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Zabrak is like us in almost everyway save the horns....so is that race or nationality? or how about Mon Cal's and Selkath?? are they the same race but simply diff nationalities? hmmm interesting. Kit Fisto, diff breed of Twi'lek? Just cause some fetures are more exposed than others doesn't mean they aren't compatibal on a genetic lvl. remember Star Wars refures to all these as humanoid- not human but a variant. thats why the USA (for example) talk about alians from Mexico and what not. an Alian is an outlander...there for Han is an alian and Kit is a huminoid...rant rant ramble ramble
 StaffSaberist
01-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Getting on topic, It would be fun to choose an alien. Perhaps some side-quests would be available as a human, others as a Twi'Lek, etc...
 JediMasterDeath
01-12-2006, 10:46 AM
This would be an intresting Idea indeed, and a very good one at that ;) I dunno on how it would work out, but I can say it shoudln't make the game any worse by adding in the ability to choose your species :D I wanna play a Wookie Jedi ^.^
 JediMaster12
01-12-2006, 5:37 PM
He's just a really old human. :)

Yeah and Chewie is just a human with a rug for a suit. I just think that this should be a modding project and not an option for gameplay purposes.:)
 lukeiamyourdad
01-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Zabrak is like us in almost everyway save the horns....so is that race or nationality? or how about Mon Cal's and Selkath??

Quite easy. If they can reproduce together, they're of the same specie.

You're right about the definition of alien, but I think it's pretty clear what people are talking about when they want to play as an alien.
You're just getting too technical on a rather simple matter.
 Gray_Master
01-12-2006, 11:26 PM
lol granted, if I am being too technical for a simple matter, than alians should be selectable and really there is no reason they can't be..be it romance, dialogue, whatever...they simply should be selectable to expand the RPG aspect. or..atleast thats m point of view :nut:
 StaffSaberist
01-12-2006, 11:55 PM
I somehow don't think the characters on KotOR will ever mate, so I don't see the point of arguing about race.
 Master omega
01-14-2006, 2:15 PM
The hole thing is off topic but i do like the idea off giveing you unique missions when you play as a certen type off alien E.g You could have some Traking missions If you play as a wookie, Some Missions were you have to inftrate a hutts palace as a dancer if your female twi'lek all verry cool ideas
 StaffSaberist
01-14-2006, 4:41 PM
And maybe some racist humans will attack you if you're Kel'Dor or something. you know, like former Tarisians.
 Clone L68362
01-14-2006, 6:01 PM
Having the choice to play as an alien would be nice, but it would require more work like it's been mentioned before. Something no one else remembered was on Nar Shadaa in TSL, humans were kinda discriminated against, like in the bar/pazaak den. So if you play as an alien, you would likely encounter people who don't like you either.
 JediMaster12
01-19-2006, 11:44 AM
You have a point there. I totally forgot about that.
 Diego Varen
01-20-2006, 6:35 PM
I've just realised, how come an alien hasn't been a Sith Lord in KOTOR. The only ever Sith was Darth Maul, who I thought was great (Shame he was killed in Episode 1...), but maybe they could have a Zabrak, Twi'lek, Kel Dor or a Wookie. I also noticed your Master isn't an Alien and the Masters are female in KOTOR (Not being sexist or anything), but I think it should be a Male Jedi Master, like Jorran Corral, from my quite successful Fanfic, Jorran Corral - The Chronicles Of A Jedi. Check it out. You can find it on Courcant Entertainment Centre.
 JediMaster12
01-20-2006, 6:50 PM
Actually in KOTOR, Master Zhar was male, the one who trained you, and he's a Twilek. Vandar is a Yoda Jedi, I don't know the species but you should take a closer look at the council chambers on Dantooine.
 MachineCult
01-20-2006, 8:25 PM
Whill is unofficially the name of Yodas species.
I think that the player character should remain Human, it is important that players relate to the characters, especially when there are romantic aspects involved in the storylines.
It is also important that the player character is Human because of the segregation between the species that was depicted in K1 and 2, it would be less interesting without those aspects in the game.
 JediMaster12
01-24-2006, 2:25 PM
Yes I think the PC should stay human. As for NPCs, give me a anything that can fight with a melee or a blaster. Heck I'll take them all as droids and have a droid army to defeat the Sith!!!

Calm down, There is no emotion, there is peace.
Page: 4 of 4