Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Being able to play as an alien

Page: 2 of 4
 DarkExcalibur42
11-03-2005, 11:04 PM
LOL! The nut from Taris! Oh... i so wish there had been a dialog option to slap him. That or tell Zaalbar to rip his arms off...
 lukeiamyourdad
11-03-2005, 11:50 PM
And as far as the romance thing goes... anyone ever watch Farscape or the original Star Trek?

List if Cross-Species Couples
-Chiana and D'Argo (Farscape, not Star Wars)
-Crichton and Aeryn (Farscape, not Star Wars)
-Stark and Zhaan (Farscape, not Star Wars)
-Spock's parents (Star Trek, not Star Wars)
-over half the women Kirk seduced (Star Trek, not Star Wars)
-if I were a real jerk I'd do triple this list.

;)

I don't disagree with you though, I'd find it interesting to play as a cool alien (like a Kel-Dor Jedi for example. Always loved those Kel-Dor :) )
As far as romance would go, you won't have any romance with human characters or females. That's all. Romance or no, will it truly matter that much? Is romance such a necessity to enjoy the game?
You can keep romance options when playing with a human PC and remove them if you're playing an alien PC. Quite easy, everyone is happy.

However, we must be down to earth. I don't believe it will be possible to play as an alien. Star Wars has always been about human heroes fighting human villains (except the NJO, but that's Star Wars for heretics). KOTOR 3 will probably be another fight between humans.
 Sabretooth
11-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Oh, great. Somebody imagine the greatest, most powerful Jedi to be a Jawa. Or worse, that chirping species in KotOR, the species of The Champ.
 RedHawke
11-04-2005, 12:19 AM
Oh, great. Somebody imagine the greatest, most powerful Jedi to be a Jawa.
Bow before Darth Webull :jedijawa: Dark Lord of the Sith! :lol:
 DarkExcalibur42
11-04-2005, 12:26 AM
;)Romance or no, will it truly matter that much? Is romance such a necessity to enjoy the game?

However, we must be down to earth. I don't believe it will be possible to play as an alien. Star Wars has always been about human heroes fighting human villains (except the NJO, but that's Star Wars for heretics). KOTOR 3 will probably be another fight between humans.

You're right. The romance part isn't important.

And as far as NJO... i don't like the yuuzhan vong at all. Humans make much better villians, but that's not to say i don't mind some alien dark jedi working with them...
 DarkExcalibur42
11-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Oh, great. Somebody imagine the greatest, most powerful Jedi to be a Jawa.

I think a jawa jedi would be fun. Judge jawas by their size, do you? Master Yoda may have a lesson for you... :P :D

in response to redhawke's Darth Weebul:

hehehe. so THAT'S why he has soo many crystals for sale
 Beast421
11-04-2005, 9:10 AM
lukeiamyourdad
Young Goddess: Thank you for looking at my avatar(all the horny guys of LF of course).

Well Young Goddess Your well come ,

And as for everyone else this has been a great discussion I really enjoyed the input but we will all have to see what really happens in KOTOR 3 , I Have a feeling there will not be the option to play as an alien Like Kit Fisto (Nautolan ) Or A Zabrak , but I am sure it will live up to KOTOR Standards , personally I hope it surpassess them when and if it comes out.
 Darth333
11-04-2005, 10:42 AM
lukeiamyourdad
Young Goddess: Thank you for looking at my avatar(all the horny guys of LF of course).

Well Young Goddess Your well come ,
lol trust me lukeiamyourdad is more a horny guy than a goddess :p

I prefer to play as a human. If they are to include aliens as playable character it will have to be aliens that are not too far from the human race such as Zabraks or Twileks per example. Otherwise, they would have to adapt the storyline quite a bit to fit other races, which they won't do.
 Beast421
11-04-2005, 11:23 AM

I prefer to play as a human. If they are to include aliens as playable character it will have to be aliens that are not too far from the human race such as Zabraks or Twileks per example. Otherwise, they would have to adapt the storyline quite a bit to fit other races, which they won't do.

Aww come on include a Nautolan too
 lukeiamyourdad
11-04-2005, 1:28 PM

Shush! I'm a horny goddess :p Very different :D
 StaffSaberist
11-04-2005, 4:05 PM
That avatar looks kinda like a guy. Uhh... maybe? I dunno. I've been wondering whether I should be attracted to the avatar or whether I should run scared. I'm a straight guy, luekiamyourdad, so you tell me: Is that a guy, or a gal?
 TreeX
11-04-2005, 4:22 PM
That avatar looks kinda like a guy. Uhh... maybe? I dunno. I've been wondering whether I should be attracted to the avatar or whether I should run scared. I'm a straight guy, luekiamyourdad, so you tell me: Is that a guy, or a gal?

Both?

/me shudder
 Prime
11-04-2005, 4:31 PM
Aww come on include a Nautolan tooWhat? Those freakshows?
 Beast421
11-04-2005, 5:53 PM
What? Those freakshows?
Ya those freek shows
 lukeiamyourdad
11-04-2005, 6:24 PM
Is that a guy, or a gal?

You're really weird...how you would think it looks like a guy is beyond me...
 StaffSaberist
11-04-2005, 6:56 PM
You never know, I mean, with some guys that dress up like girls, and others just have naturally long hair... OK, so it is a gal? OK, my mind is at ease.
 leley
11-04-2005, 7:59 PM
The definition of a species, in a broad sense, is one that cannot mate with the other.

I vote for playable alien characters, bsides, romance and mating don't necessarily got anything 2 do w/ each other...(besides the example already posted I'm sure we've all watched Star Trek)
 Sabretooth
11-04-2005, 11:21 PM
Well you can right, actually. There are some species, who are cool, like the Falleen, or the Kel Dor, Mon Calamori (I like 'em), Nautolan, Kaleesh etc. But still, that would hamper the romantic plotline and that would only mean more and more CDs (unless they get the bright idea of putting it all on a DVD).

My Overall vote: 90% No.
 DarthLinde
11-04-2005, 11:26 PM
I say yes. One of the only reasons I bought that game is because I thought I coulb be an alien.
 IndianaSolo
11-06-2005, 4:52 PM
I'd be against this idea. Atleast as long as the KOTOR series remains relatively linear. If it were a more non-linear story then it might be feasible.
 lukeiamyourdad
11-06-2005, 5:26 PM
How would linearity affect your character being non-human?

You'd just wouldn't have access to a few options.
 IndianaSolo
11-06-2005, 7:39 PM
How would linearity affect your character being non-human?

You'd just wouldn't have access to a few options.

When a story is linear, it's usually written to fit a certain character type and thus variations on that character type could make things confusing.

If a game is more wide open and less strict in terms of who the character is, then you can have as many variables as possible.

For instance in K1, the story told was that Revan had to venture to Kashyyyk for one of the Star Maps and the character in doing so had to learn about the Wookiee customs and whatnot. If they allowed for you to be an alien character, ie a Wookiee, then that part of the story would be shot all to hell since you (as a Wookiee) would already know about the strife of the people on Kashyyyk
 DarkExcalibur42
11-06-2005, 9:29 PM
that's the exception to the rule. in k1 you could play as a zabrak, duros, twi'lek, mon calamari, nautolan, kel-dor, quarren, bothan, bith, trandoshan, rodian, gamorrean, muun, a little green guy, or hell even a Hutt (though doors might be problematic...) without ever affecting the story. I could still add species in here, but i don't know them all. To some extent or another race is no different than skin color or sex, and last I checked there were several choices of that to pick from in KOTOR...

That's 14 species (not counting the hutt, which was a joke). Most people would be happy with 3 or 4 choices, and modders can usually fill the additional requests (because they're just that awesome).

You could not play Selkath, Wookie, Cathar (but they're wiped out anyway) or Tusken (but tusken is an obvious one).
 TreeX
11-06-2005, 10:42 PM
ick. Bastila and a Trandoshan Revan, wait I know another one even worse! Bastila and Gamorrean Revan! Vice versa for Carth. More species is what I will say to as No.
 DarkExcalibur42
11-06-2005, 11:09 PM
^ Then play as human.
 lukeiamyourdad
11-06-2005, 11:11 PM
The easy option with this is to remove the romantic parts when playing with an alien. That isn't too complicated. As long as it's an option, everyone is happy.
 DarkExcalibur42
11-06-2005, 11:13 PM
^ agreed :D
 StaffSaberist
11-07-2005, 7:00 PM
^^ I am OK with that...:D
 Alkonium
11-07-2005, 7:06 PM
What does everyone have against interspecies romance? It's just a step up from interracial romance, which is fine.
 El Sitherino
11-07-2005, 8:01 PM
My furry senses are tingling, wookiee-human romance...
 Alkonium
11-07-2005, 8:04 PM
My furry senses are tingling, wookiee-human romance...
And likely Wookiee-Twi-lek romance between Mission and Zaalbar.*wonders what Twookiees look like*
 Hallucination
11-07-2005, 11:27 PM
I say let people be aliens as long as they are close to humans. In other words Zabrak, Twilek and Duros, and then some others like that.
@Alkonium: Twookiees are green, blue, purple or red wookiees with tentacles.
 StaffSaberist
11-07-2005, 11:33 PM
You guys will make me puke. Just the thought of Mission... and Zaalbar... *hurls*

You guys need to get your minds out of the gutter. Lots of SW games allow aliens, and there is nothing disgusting about it. Remember that all SW games except Lego SW are rated T, not NC-17. :p
 RobQel-Droma
11-07-2005, 11:44 PM
I know. Even though some people might be joking about it, it still makes me sick to think of "Twookiees." :D Even if they are cute. I hope we won't start talking about "Zabiths" (Zabraks crossed with Biths).

Always human. I have already said my reasons on why I think it will happen, even without talking about romances, so I won't say them again.
 El Sitherino
11-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Don't be afraid to love the wookiee.
 Hallucination
11-07-2005, 11:48 PM
I hope we won't start talking about "Zabiths" (Zabraks crossed with Biths).

But think about the tatoos on their heads!
 Alkonium
11-08-2005, 7:43 AM
I hope we won't start talking about "Zabiths" (Zabraks crossed with Biths).Don't worry, Bith reproduce mechanically, so no half Bith.
 Prime
11-08-2005, 9:56 AM
Don't be afraid to love the wookiee.I'm not. I'm just afraid of the wookiee loving me... :)
 RobQel-Droma
11-08-2005, 9:56 AM
"Tuskdoshans" :xp:
"Rodileks" :xp: :xp:
"Kel-Humans" :xp: :xp: :xp:

Oh great, now I can't stop.
 StaffSaberist
11-08-2005, 10:03 AM
OK. Let me go back to the point of this thread. Thread starter wanted to know if playing an alien would be fun. Do you think it could be fun, or have you forgotten what fun means?
 RobQel-Droma
11-08-2005, 10:10 AM
No, I have not forgotten StaffSaberist. I don't like it, I think it might change several parts of the game and the gameplay, although I suppose I don't really care that much about it. The other problems are of course the romance, and just the fact that it is KotOR, not JA.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to get back to my Twookiees. Or were they Tuskdoshans? :D Sorry, for some reason that whole thing is just hilarious to me; Although, I am just talking about the names and what those crosses would look like. I am not laughing about how, well, "Twookiees" were, uh... made you could say. :xp:
 StaffSaberist
11-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Point well taken. :lol: Didn't mean to offend anyone. Or did I, and the dark side is taking over me? GASP! And I don't mean to advertise JA, I thought it might be fun to have aliens, like Beast. OK, maybe I'm wrong there. Actually, come to think of it, it may not be so great. Uh... *walks away slowly with deactivated lightsaber in the air*
 RobQel-Droma
11-08-2005, 10:30 AM
DS points gained for StaffSaberist. You know, they say that the Dark Side sneaks up on people :giggle1:....

I happen to like JA, although it is nothing compared to KotOR. It is kind of fun every once in a while, when you can't play KotOR of course.
 StaffSaberist
11-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Or when I forget to save, and the whole **** game gets corrupted. That happens way too often. I get absorbed in the game, and I forget to save at key points, and the game gets corrupted. Or worse, I'm on Ord Mandell, the mod, and I lose the fight with those d@mn Mandalorians. (Heck, who gave 'em more health than Malak, anyway? First time I NEEDED to cheat to win...) I use JA to cool down. Fragging Cultists is always fun when you are frustrated with Kotor for some odd reason...

DS points gained for StaffSaberist...

And considering I've achieved Light Side Mastery, that hurts! :lol:
 RobQel-Droma
11-08-2005, 12:49 PM
I know, Redhawke likes too make super hard enemies :). I have the Ord Mandell mod too, and it was so hard. The rancor was easier than those Mandalorians. It seems like every single enemy in his mods has two completely upgraded Baragwin Vibroblades, a Baragwin Heavy Repeater, about 30 Life Support Packs, and more health than Malak.

That mod, and the Weebul and Utiinii's shop mod (it has Trandoshans that are pretty much the same, but easier), both of those are the places that made me go back and look up the cheat for the "Insta-Kill Pistol" :lol:. So much faster... :D

I love making keys do certain things on JA, I can't remember how, but I would have one doing npc spawn cultist_saber, and the other npc spawn jedi_random. Then I spin around in circles just pressing the keys. It makes the most AWESOME :thumbsup: chaotic battle, I can't describe how cool it is. You with a bunch of Jedi against a bunch of cultists. I have killed so many that way, several times there have been cultists looking the other way and I threw my saber, slicing them in half, or just attacking from behind.

The only problem is, with that, there is "friendly fire". I think sometimes I have killed about as many Jedi as I have cultists in those battles every once in a while; They occasionally act like idiots and run right into my saber blade as I am bringing it back to kill a cultist. :mad:
 StaffSaberist
11-08-2005, 1:06 PM
"bind <key> npc spawn insertnpchere"

I know. I also have bound to the F keys timescale .3, 1, and 2 - Keypad 9 kills all npc's. Don't you hate it when the JA jedi turn on you for accidentally killing your friend? I have to kill them, and then I lose for killing Kyle... back on topic, or at least closer to it...

Yeah, Mr. Happy was easy in comparison. I was K-Oed, and so was Juhani, but Mission finished Mr. Happy off, courtesy of the Mission Jedi mod. :)
 RobQel-Droma
11-08-2005, 1:35 PM
Bind, that was it. Now I remember. I kept trying to say "bond" for some reason, but I knew that wasn't right.... :dozey:

Yet another reason why Mission is so great. I actually downloaded the Make Mission a Jedi mod (another Redhawk mod :) ), but I deleted it. I just liked Mission the way she was. As a Jedi, there wasn't much point for her to wear cool heavy armor and weilding some big hefty Vibroblades, which is how I usually have her at the end. Even though armor doesn't do much for you if you are a Jedi, it still looks cool. I had Bastila, Carth, and I clearing out the Leviathan all wearing some heavy armor.

Anyways, what were we talking about?....
 StaffSaberist
11-08-2005, 5:32 PM
I believe it was whether it is a good idea to have aliens in Kotor III...
 RedHawke
11-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Or worse, I'm on Ord Mandell, the mod, and I lose the fight with those d@mn Mandalorians. (Heck, who gave 'em more health than Malak, anyway? First time I NEEDED to cheat to win...)
I know, Redhawke likes too make super hard enemies :). I have the Ord Mandell mod too, and it was so hard. The rancor was easier than those Mandalorians. It seems like every single enemy in his mods has two completely upgraded Baragwin Vibroblades, a Baragwin Heavy Repeater, about 30 Life Support Packs, and more health than Malak.

That mod, and the Weebul and Utiinii's shop mod (it has Trandoshans that are pretty much the same, but easier), both of those are the places that made me go back and look up the cheat for the "Insta-Kill Pistol" :lol:. So much faster... :D
Then you two simply aren't l33t enough to beat them! :lol:

They aren't boosted that much, they are double the originals, I just give them good equipment... and enough items to at least compare to the PC and the party's capabilities.

Something else many of you (Even the Games Creators) forget, if you are going to get something cool from somebody then you know thay are going to use that thing on you first, after all you are trying to kill them. ;)
 Axe Windu
11-09-2005, 1:25 AM
Ok... I didnt read all this so someone might of said this. Since the game is based off of the d20 system for the most part then the aliens should be too. Zabrack, Twilek, Rodian, Wookie, Human, maybe some other very humanoid race. I mean I think its unrealistic and wont happen it would be too drastic of a change but youd just alter stats. Like oh Teilek gets +2 dex -2 con or something. Wookies +2 Str - 2 Cha -2 Int. Have them speak human cause they were raised by the council or something (except the wookie). Instead of being able to make aliens Id rather have a more costumizable apearence. Like I made Axe Windu Mace's great great 4000 years great grandfather. I made him a Jedi Guardian (purple Lightsaber). I wanted to make him a weapon master but I didnt think there was a face that looked like samual l jackson like in the old game. The closest was the dude with the beard but that didnt work for me. So a more customizable character would be cool. Also maybe you can get more advanced implants. Like baodurs arm general greivice vador kinda stuff. Cooler masks and Robes would be cool too. My idea Ive had for a while is after you beat the game it loads in an option or there is a cheat to let you play as Anikan, Yoda, something. I mean it wouldnt be hard and just have everyone treat you like your any other PC its just a fun cheat. Like when I played the first game I knew the ending so I named my character Darth Revan. It was just funny cause there like your revan revan! And Im like no crap! So theyd just call you yoda the whole time.
Page: 2 of 4