Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Being able to play as an alien

Page: 3 of 4
 DarkExcalibur42
11-09-2005, 2:58 AM
"Tuskdoshans" :xp:
"Rodileks" :xp: :xp:
"Kel-Humans" :xp: :xp: :xp:

Oh great, now I can't stop.

And it's all my fault for saying "twookie".... mwah haha hah hahahaha

*Gain DS Points*
*Gain DS Points*
*Gain DS Points*
 StaffSaberist
11-09-2005, 10:29 AM
Then you two simply aren't l33t enough to beat them!

I normally never use cheats, since I never meet any good opponents (not even Malak, actually) but your fight was too much. It sparked the most emberassing moment of my life...

...So, having lost several times to the Mandalorians, I took over my entire party and threw every grenade I had at them. Then, I used only Adv. Throw Saber at them, then charged. I still had a K-O for Bastila before I beat them. Then, I saw more of them in the distance. I had no way of killing them. So, having died AGAIN, I quit the game and went to swkotor.ini to enable the cheats. I realized that the cheats were already active. I could have saved my grenades...

Oh, that stings...

They aren't boosted that much, they are double the originals, I just give them good equipment... and enough items to at least compare to the PC and the party's capabilities.

Something else many of you (Even the Games Creators) forget, if you are going to get something cool from somebody then you know thay are going to use that thing on you first, after all you are trying to kill them.

I wasn't interested in the swords; I wanted the quest done, since I didn't want to see that quest on the Unknown World! It was quite impossible. I want to see screenshots of you beating it without cheats. ;)
 RobQel-Droma
11-09-2005, 10:38 AM
I will tell you one thing, you get xp and lots of upgraded Baragwin Assualt Blades :D. Once I got done with just the Weebul and Utiinii shop I had about 20 or so, fully upgraded. After the ORD Mandell mod, I had about 30. I could make a fortune just selling off those things, even if I kept two for everyone, including me (I like to show people in the game that I can slaughter them without a lightsaber; Not sure if they care or not, but...)

Only one problem. Redhawke, your new crystals don't work. I bought them, but they don't show up in the upgrade screen.
 DarkExcalibur42
11-09-2005, 12:02 PM
I want to see screenshots of you beating it without cheats. ;)

I beat it without cheats.

It's the hardest fight in the game, because you have to make sure that you only fight one group of mandolorians at a time, heal, save, and slaughter the next group. I recommend being level 20 before you go there, otherwise it's twice as hard.

I'm a Jedi Consular, so they didn't really stand a chance. Stasis field and Force Wave all the way. HK-47, fully upgraded with the best in-game gear (baragwin stuff purchased from Suvam Tan) and Canderous Ordo are the best team to bring. Don't bother bringing the Jedi, because they get taken down too fast. They run in up close and aggro more Mandolorians, taking all the damage at once.

To beat these guys you have to play dirty, so don't feel bad if you're constantly stasis fielding them. Just remember to save some FP for Heal and Force Wave. Force wave is more effective on them, but the effects don't seem to last as long.

ALWAYS use shields on HK and Canderous. If you have time, or need to stop taking damage for a second you can use them on yourself. Grenades are helpful, so use thermal detonators if you have them, otherwise plasma grenades. Anything else isn't much use. Use the baragwin flame thrower on HK-47 if you can. Does some good damage to these Mandolorians.

Whatever you do, DON'T RUSH INTO THE LAST CAVERN!!! Take it slow and you can wipe them all out. If your party gets ko'ed, run away and place mines behind you. Sometimes a few mandolorians will follow.
 RobQel-Droma
11-09-2005, 1:48 PM
^The first time on both of those mods I got slaughtered. The second time on Weebul's shop I beat it, because it wasn't as hard as ORD Mandell, not to mention I was about a level 18 or 19 character.

With the ORD Mandell mod, now, you really have to use some strategy as to going about killing them. The Mandalorians are a lot harder, and especially if you get a mob of them around you. Next time I will take some non-Jedi party members. One of the problems was, it was a female game and I was like level 13 or something. I couldn't use any of my other games as the planet didn't show up.

Did anybody think that Captain Jax and the rest of the Exchange guys were hard? They definitely weren't as hard as the rest, but they were pretty hard. BTW, since I was so weak, I learned that you can go past the dark Jedi outside the colony, you just don't initiate conversation with them. They won't stop you or anything, you have to do it yourself. Just like the Trandoshan leader on Tatooine, I could have walked right past him.
 StaffSaberist
11-09-2005, 6:38 PM
On Ord Mandell, the Dark Jedi block the bridge so you can't. But I had (mis)read somewhere you couldn't go to Ord Mandell unless it was your first planet. So, I was a Level 11 Consular or something like that. And so was Mission.
 RobQel-Droma
11-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Really? I didn't have that problem. I walked right past them, just like the Trandoshans.
 StaffSaberist
11-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Meh. Doesn't matter. I did talk to them, since they were easy.
 RedHawke
11-10-2005, 12:38 AM
I normally never use cheats, since I never meet any good opponents (not even Malak, actually) but your fight was too much. It sparked the most emberassing moment of my life...
I know I shouldn't laugh but! Bwahahahahahaha! :lol:

I wasn't interested in the swords; I wanted the quest done, since I didn't want to see that quest on the Unknown World! It was quite impossible. I want to see screenshots of you beating it without cheats.
I never really use cheats myself... except possibly the Turbo cheat for all that walking, and of course for testing out mods.

Those fights are made to make you use your head and figure some tactics out to defeat your opponents, like some of the ones mentioned above. Fighting smaller groups, use mines, adhesive grenades, Force Powers, etc.

Besides at the time there were oodles of people whining about never getting a "real fight" in the game so I gave them one.

Your biggest problem was going to ORD Mandell too early, hence you get your behind handed to you, it is recommended for level 14+, it states so in the readme file, the mod description at PCGameMods (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/7699.html), and the release thread. (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=136575) Can't knock me for not stating it. :D

I learned that you can go past the dark Jedi outside the colony, you just don't initiate conversation with them. They won't stop you or anything, you have to do it yourself. Just like the Trandoshan leader on Tatooine, I could have walked right past him.
Yup, one of my scripting workarounds, I couldn't figure out how to work area triggers to get the NPC's to talk, this was before stoffe -mkb- appeared and gifted us with her superior knowledge of scripting, so I had to do it that way. I intended to fix it at sometime, but TSL came out. :D

Only one problem. Redhawke, your new crystals don't work. I bought them, but they don't show up in the upgrade screen.
Yeah, I know! :lol: Read the readme file... it says "Never trust a Jawa that sells shiny stones!" :rofl:

Wow! We all have gotten off-topic havent we? ;)

Back on topic: I'll stick with a Human PC, but a nice Twilek Hottie to romance would be nice! :naughty:
 StaffSaberist
11-10-2005, 8:42 AM
HOLD ON, REDHAWKE... off topic for one more half-post. As I said, I was told (incorrectly) that you had to go to Ord Mandell first, or it wouldn't work. This time, I shall know better.

OK, now back on topic. Yes, I have changed my opinion. Which is quite difficult, I'm such a stubborn... mule... but as much as it may be fun to play an alien, it would be odd to do the side-quests. Besides, that would require work the game designers don't wanna waste time doing. How about a compromise: We can mod them in for people that truly wan't them. Deal?

BTW, Redhawke, now I want your crystal mod, if only to read the Readme. Most guys are "tough" and don't need directions, but I read them every d/l. Here's my chance to chuckle at those who fell for it... :D
 RobQel-Droma
11-10-2005, 10:04 AM
I was just trying to get the quests done fast, I didn't have much time so I didn't want to figure out a strategy. Not only that, but I only had a level 12 female game that could go to it, none of my other games were far enough or they didn't have ORD Mandell on the screen.

Yeah, I know! Read the readme file... it says "Never trust a Jawa that sells shiny stones!"

Now that is just plain wrong. That is evil evil evil...... I hate you now, along with that Jawa... And I think you just gained DS master....

Man you must have some fun with modding...
 DarkExcalibur42
11-10-2005, 4:47 PM
I didn't think stones called "cubic zirconian" (wasn't that one of them?) would work well in lightsabers... hehehe
 StaffSaberist
11-10-2005, 6:48 PM
I d/led weebul's tattooine shop and there was no such line in the readme.
 RedHawke
11-11-2005, 1:14 AM
Now that is just plain wrong. That is evil evil evil...... I hate you now, along with that Jawa... And I think you just gained DS master....

Man you must have some fun with modding...
*Falls out of chair laughing!* Bwahahahahahaha!!! :rofl:

Thanks I needed that! :D

I didn't think stones called "cubic zirconian" (wasn't that one of them?) would work well in lightsabers... hehehe
Exactly! :lol:

I d/led weebul's tattooine shop and there was no such line in the readme.
You got me there... It isn't in the readme in case people would read it, who puts easter eggs in the readme?

[Dr. Evil] I mean honestly? [/Dr. Evil]

But it is in the Release Thread (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=135014), and it was posted in the old PCGameMods comments thread after many came in and asked what RobQD did above "There's a bug in your mod", and responded when I told them in much the same way. Gotta love it! :xp:
 StaffSaberist
11-11-2005, 1:19 AM
That's cold, Redhawke, and evil... *hangs head in shame*

I LOVE IT! :evil2:
 RobQel-Droma
11-11-2005, 12:12 PM
As do I :dev7:.

But I still hate you Redhawke... :D
 Darth Ducky
11-16-2005, 9:41 PM
kotor savegame editor: change appearance: alien_(whatever...)
 ilwugoalie
11-16-2005, 9:46 PM
Knowing this cant happen since nobody saw them till Thrawn was in the pic... but it would be cool to be able to play as a Chiss... heck, just have them in the game... (again, acknowledging this cant happen cause of the timeline)
 StaffSaberist
11-16-2005, 10:46 PM
You never know. Twi'leks were in KotOR and JA. So were Rodians, and Humans, and Trandoshans.
 OptimalOptimus
11-20-2005, 7:45 PM
There should have been the option in all the games.. All you would have had to do was make Male & female heads of aliens for your PC.
 Manny C
11-21-2005, 4:15 AM
i say no aliens. It puts too much extra work on the developers to do all the dialogue about other species, alien prejudice, racism. Easier to stick to the one race.
 StaffSaberist
11-21-2005, 6:37 PM
It could be a massive modding project, though. :)
 JediMaster12
11-21-2005, 6:47 PM
To play an alien would be interesting but would it be worth all the work if they want to complete the project?
It would be a fun modding project for the daring :jarjar:
 StaffSaberist
11-21-2005, 6:47 PM
That's what I meant. RedHawke, can you step up to the plate... again?
 Alkonium
11-21-2005, 6:49 PM
i say no aliens. It puts too much extra work on the developers to do all the dialogue about other species, alien prejudice, racism. Easier to stick to the one race.
Or we could have less speciesist locations in K3, meaning we wouldn't go to Taris again.
 Hallucination
11-21-2005, 8:46 PM
^^And as I recall there is only one racist convo in K2.
 Alkonium
11-21-2005, 9:34 PM
^^And as I recall there is only one racist convo in K2.
Yet, in that one, the Jedi Council is all Caucasian Human, unlike K1, which had one Caucasian Human, one Black Human, one Twi'Lek, and one of whatever Yoda is.
 StaffSaberist
11-21-2005, 9:40 PM
Well, the game designers are humans, after all. I'm all for promoting our race vs. a race that doesn't exist. Also, there are plenty of aliens, and there are planets where humans are not the main race.
 Eagle Racer
11-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Ok, don't know if anyone possed this idea, but if there is a particular love interest like in KOTOR 1, why not have the PC race also determine the race of the Love interest character, or charaters if there is more than one like KOTOR 2? Or maybe have a more diverse party and that determines the love interest..... I would personally like to be able to be a Jedi Wookie or Jawa.
 Hallucination
11-22-2005, 12:02 AM
^^^I don't think that you should limit romantic interest on species.
Yet, in that one, the Jedi Council is all Caucasian Human, unlike K1, which had one Caucasian Human, one Black Human, one Twi'Lek, and one of whatever Yoda is.
So a group of white people is instantly racist? I don't see that as discrimination.
 lukeiamyourdad
11-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Wasn't Vash asian?
 Hallucination
11-22-2005, 12:25 AM
^^Its hard to tell with TSL's graphics. I decided to say that she had a good tan.
 Eagle Racer
11-22-2005, 12:38 AM
I don't think you should limit the love interests either, but a lot of people's objection is "feasibility" I guess. So that would be a good way around it to me.... Anyways, I would say that just because the Handmaiden, Visa, Madalore and the main character all look human, doesn't mean they are anymore similar than a human and a Twi'leks. The planets the different people are from are so far spread it's unlikely they are identical in anatomy....
 RedHawke
11-22-2005, 1:20 AM
That's what I meant. RedHawke, can you step up to the plate... again?
*Looks Around Nervously* Who? What? Where? Why? How?

I believe both the Holowan Plugins for KOTOR and TSL have a ton of playable Aliens, I only play Humans and the occasional Twilek when I play! :D
 Emperor Devon
11-22-2005, 1:27 AM
I don't know about you, but I like to play as my own species.

And who can picture a lightsaber-wielding Gamorrean in black robes?
 RedHawke
11-22-2005, 1:38 AM
And who can picture a lightsaber-wielding Gamorrean in black robes?
I can picture his carcas on a spit over a fire being slowly rotated whilst my Rancor pet waits for his meal! :dev9:

Gamorrean the other green meat! :D

*Flees from thread before getting pelted with tomatoes*
 JediMaster12
11-22-2005, 4:05 PM
I can picture his carcas on a spit over a fire being slowly rotated whilst my Rancor pet waits for his meal! :dev9:

Gamorrean the other green meat! :D

*Flees from thread before getting pelted with tomatoes*

Interesting picture but I bet a Wookie would have bad breath after spit roasted Gamorreans :dev14:

Hey you want a leg or an arm? I'd go for the ham hocks :dev14:
 Master omega
11-23-2005, 12:34 PM
A way you lot have totaly forgot is that if you chose to play as an alien. And the spiecis you are would make it stupid to romance a human. The game just dosent give you the option to click on it to start the flirting etc. But personaly i always wanted to pull a twi'lek female :)
 JediMaster12
11-23-2005, 2:15 PM
A way you lot have totaly forgot is that if you chose to play as an alien. And the spiecis you are would make it stupid to romance a human. The game just dosent give you the option to click on it to start the flirting etc. But personaly i always wanted to pull a twi'lek female :)

We haven't forgot. It's just humor. Can you imagine kissing a twi'lek if you were human or the other way around?

*Thinking about it*

I don't really see it happening. Besides it would take more work on the part of the devs to create one alien PC. Maybe you should try it as a modding project. :3pdance:
 Eagle Racer
11-23-2005, 10:46 PM
If they did alien races as well, couldn't they just have the game select a random PC head of the opposite sex for that race to be used as the head for the love interest?
 Prime
11-24-2005, 10:43 AM
But then the danger is that story elements involving those characters would have to be more generic and less in depth to accomidate no knowing what the player will choose.

Besides, alien sex is gross!
 StaffSaberist
11-24-2005, 10:51 AM
...but personaly I always wanted to pull a Twi'lek female...

...alien sex is gross...

Quoted for irony, and for a lack of the thought process being taken all the way to the logical conclusion.

Star Wars is not rated X, and it never will be. You will never see even two humans having sex. The closest we've gotten is Ep. III where Padme gives birth to twins (very unrealistically, too). Yes, reproduction is a fact of life. Are the SW characters real? Do they need to eat? To drink? If you answered yes to any of those questions, you need to take a walk in the brisk, cool air of morning. The characters say only what actors say, do what programmers tell them to do. They don't need to eat or drink because they aren't *alive*.

That's my 2ў.
 ilwugoalie
11-24-2005, 2:01 PM
StaffSaberist, your taking this thread way to seriously. Maybe you should take that walk through the brisk, cool morning air.
 StaffSaberist
11-24-2005, 2:40 PM
I shouldn't even give that the attention I'm about to, but...

This thread was meant to be a serious discussion. Where do you see this in the thread:

Oh, man, that's great! Alien PC's! ROFL! Hahaha! :lol:

Nowhere.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but we appear to actually be talking about whether it's a good idea or not. Love interests is a trivial matter, but one that deserves attention. The idea of interracial sex is not deserving of a glance. This thread was not intended to be a joke. If I appeared to be flamebaiting, or flaming, sorry. Didn't mean it that way. But come on, was sex even an issue in KotOR I? Or II? The answer has to be no.

Before you become a smart-alek and tell me that of course sex was an issue, don't want a male PC to fall in love with Carth and Bastila. That's gender, in this case, not sex.

I don't want a flame war, here. It'll be the end of this thread. But it seems ridiculous that we would even have that in KotOR. Do you really want a 'Hot Coffee' mod in KotOR III? If so, make it yourself. I'm not interested.
 Master omega
11-24-2005, 4:12 PM
The issue is that a large number off pepole would like the Choice to play as an alien without needing to mod the game e.g jedi academy. It made no diffrence to that game what race you played as in that. And to be honest i dont agree that the romance issue is much off an issue at all. Because even the romance in kotor between Reven & bastila/Carth was never much more than flirting. And lets be honest only just enhanced the storyline slightly. And none off use whant interactive sex exspicaly in starwars .

But the topic is playing as an alien which personaly im all for.How many off use read review's off kotor 1/2 and read that haveing the choice would have been good. I know i did
 SITHSLAYER133
11-24-2005, 4:37 PM
i say sure why not
 StaffSaberist
11-24-2005, 5:44 PM
OK, I never said it wasn't an issue, the romance thing. I meant it was trivial compared to the plot of the story. OK, that aside, if the romance is the only thing in the way, then it would probably have been wise of me to stick to my guns early on and say Yeah, aliens are fun to play as. (I know, I'm flip-flopping like John Kerry.) And when I said "Mod it in", I was referring to the issue of sex, not romance.

Anyway, um... *Raises hands in air* Please don't flame me! ;) I'm too sick to ar - ar - AR-GUE! (achoo).
 Master omega
11-24-2005, 7:54 PM
saberstaff dont worry about it. i think everone got kind off carrerd away with this thread. It's just that alot off people think it was something that the game was missing and its not just the romance issue that caused problems with the idea off haveing alien Pc. Thats just the one everone seamed to focus on :) LOL And yeah i know what you ment by ''Mod it in'' i just dont what that ether. I think in the most part we all agree Aliens good Alien sex bad LOL
 Alkonium
11-24-2005, 7:59 PM
What does everyone have against interspecies romance? Boba Fett's wife wasn't the same species as him, Rystall's half-human, and some Ishi Tib women were sexually attracted to Luke Skywalker in Dark Nest I. So I say, if it can happen in the movies, the books, and the comics, it can happen in the games.
 Master omega
11-24-2005, 8:15 PM
Yeah i know it can happen in the books, movies etc . But the main issue is not that Alien romance /sex Whatever. That was just an issue people brought up to say that it would be difficult to play as an alien. Everone seams to have got off topic here. i think someone should start a thread about alien Romance because thats what this thread kina turned into.
Page: 3 of 4