Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

lesbian bastila + gay carth

Page: 1 of 1
 rictus135
10-17-2005, 1:29 AM
It doesn't seem as though there is a mod for same gender romances for kotor. Now this may have been covered before, so i don't blame you if you close this thread, but if there isn't one, and it can be done, can someone do it? Please?
 rictus135
10-17-2005, 1:37 AM
Why not?
 The_Maker
10-17-2005, 2:21 AM
I suppose it would be possible to just go to your PC's gender in KSE and change it from male to female, but then that might cause appearance .2da issues and really nasty things might happen <.<

And I have to agree w/Wampa,
Yeah ChainZ I know its against the rules but this seems a little TOO far to leave un-questioned

Why?

And as to why not,
The fact is that I don't think any modders here would be willing to such an... "alteration" :eyeraise:

If you really wanted to have a romance with Carth/Bastila in the game why not just choose the appropriate gender hmmm? :halo2:
 cry_of_paine
10-17-2005, 2:58 AM
Actually, it has been done before. And "why not?" isn't as dismissable a question as it seems. In fact, there is an in game same sex romance already. Not a mod. Juhani is actually a lesbian. Whatever floats your boat. This isn't the appropriate forum to debate the morallity of alternative lifestyles. It's to request/discuss the ability to modify the gameplay. And in that respect, this is as valid a question as "can I have an instant kill lightsaber" (which personally, I'd have to ask why would you want one) or any of the other stuff around here.

Anyway, do a search for "Romance Mod" on here. There's at least one or two threads on this with code examples. Nothing's been posted that I know of, so you'd have to compile it yourself. But the code is there and functional. At least for Bastila. And the Carth one would be the same principle, but backwards. Just change "female" to "male", and "Bastila" to "Carth".
 Darth333
10-17-2005, 3:17 AM
Why not?

And I have to agree w/Wampa,
Yeah ChainZ I know its against the rules but this seems a little TOO far to leave un-questioned

Why?
The "why" comments are not relevant. As a friendly reminder, we have a new rule since about a week for the modding request forum:

6. "Why?" is irrelevant to a request. Please do not contribute to a thread unless it's geared towards the completion of it, or ideas on how it's to be achieved (or whether or not it can be). Cluttering a thread can make it hard for the requestor and/or the modder "taking the task" to keep tabs on progress.
The_Maker, please leave moderation to the moderators. If you have a problem with a post or thread in particular, use the report post function and we will look at the situation and take action if appropriate.

As for the request, I see nothing wrong with it.
 Wampa
10-17-2005, 7:38 PM
Yeah... I guess your right, sorry Rictus
 rictus135
10-17-2005, 8:15 PM
This isn't a statement on "alternate lifestyles" anyway. I just like the character developement in games like this, and it is limited for either bastila or carth depending on the gender you play.
 brwarner
10-17-2005, 9:49 PM
here
Click me (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/16814.html)

this will completly reverse the gender checks for the ENTIRE game not just that. simply follow instructions to install
 cry_of_paine
10-17-2005, 10:35 PM
That's a little excessive, and could mess up other parts of the game. I prefer the KISS philosophy (kiss, romance, get it :lol:).

Anyway, here's what to do:

Make a text file called k_con_ismale.nss and put this in it:

int StartingConditional() {
if (GetTag(OBJECT_SELF) == "Bastila")
return TRUE;

return (GetGender(GetFirstPC()) == GENDER_MALE);
}

Then, make a text file called k_con_isfemale.nss and put this in:

int StartingConditional() {
if (GetTag(OBJECT_SELF) == "Carth")
return TRUE;

return (GetGender(GetFirstPC()) == GENDER_MALE);
}

Compile those, and you have your very own mod.

That only changes the way that those characters treat you, and leaves everything else the same.
 cjt0202
10-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Carth will still be pretty darn insistent that you're a woman though -- "You're the most persistent woman I ever met", "You're the most frustrating woman I ever met", "You're an extraordinary woman", "You're a beautiful and extraordinary woman", "...can't admit when a beautiful woman has my number" etc., etc., etc. Not to mention all the times he starts a sentence with "Listen sister, ..."

KOTOR meets "The Crying Game", perhaps? ;)
 Darth333
10-18-2005, 11:26 AM
Carth will still be pretty darn insistent that you're a woman though -- "You're the most persistent woman I ever met", "You're the most frustrating woman I ever met", "You're an extraordinary woman", "You're a beautiful and extraordinary woman", "...can't admit when a beautiful woman has my number" etc., etc., etc. Not to mention all the times he starts a sentence with "Listen sister, ..."
There's not much to do about this except rewriting the entire dialogues and re-hiring the voice actor...In other words, you'll have to live with it :p
 cjt0202
10-18-2005, 10:12 PM
There's not much to do about this except rewriting the entire dialogues and re-hiring the voice actor...
Drat!!! That was what I meant. That since you can't do much of anything with his actual dialogue which repeatedly makes reference to the fact that you're female, he will end up sounding a bit confused about the whole situation.

I'm so ashamed. One post and I've already been chided by Darth333. :)
 shamelessposer
10-18-2005, 10:58 PM
So there's a demand for hawt guy-on-guy action?

Okie-dokie.

I considered putting a gay male into the KOTOR Remix, but I was iffy on whether or not there should be one simply because the demographics are wonky (anywhere between two and ten percent of the population of America is gay, depending on which study you go by, and that's not taking into account closet cases). Because of this, it seems statistically odd to have more than one alternative lifestyle character in the party.

Sooo... might include the dude anyway. Still not too sure, though. It's not a prejudice thing, but more of a numbers game for me.

Aw, heck, sure. It'll be in the KOTOR Remix fo shizzle.

(Did I just type "fo shizzle"? Stupid klonopin)
Page: 1 of 1