Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Thus Far, do you plan to buy SWBF2?

Page: 2 of 2
 clonearcman
10-06-2005, 7:31 PM
And youre sure theyre not fans of the movies and really don't watch them. Just every once in a while.
 Kurgan
10-06-2005, 7:35 PM
Perhaps there is a distinction between fans and "hardcore fans."

Heck we fans can't even agree on everything. Some of us love the EU for example, others hate it. Some love the prequels, others hate them. Some love the Special Editions, others hate them, etc. And we're all fans! There's different levels of fandom. And some of the people who only like the movies are as hardcore as the people who read every book and memorize it. ;)
 ET Warrior
10-07-2005, 1:40 PM
My point was merely that loving star wars in no way necessitates purchasing SWBF2. I dont intend to touch it with a 10 foot pole yet my devotion to the movies runs deep.
 ^Invader
10-07-2005, 7:47 PM
heck ya im buying it i love the game!!
 El Sitherino
10-08-2005, 1:57 PM
Having played the beta, I can definitely say I will not purchase this and will persuade others to seek out a different game in its stead. The gameplay is horrible and it's all around worse than the first game.

Frankly nothing about this game is neat, save for it being Star Wars.
 CidCaldensfey
10-12-2005, 5:29 PM
I'll buy the game but if it turns out to be like the beta or something, I'll just return it to get store credit. You can actually do that with EB games.

The beta really turns me off but I can't help but have fun when running around a Rebel ship, shooting people using turrets as they do nothing against me. Tons of fun. But besides that, I don't like it. It just feels way too fast.

i agree!
but the mod should be really well done: i applied the mod Forgotten Hope to BF1942 and was spectacular. Forgotten Hope 2 (for BF2) appears even greater (here (http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/main.php?flash=no&lang=english&module=) they have released some screenshots)

Galactic Conquest for BF1942 wasnt so great.

where are serious starwars fan modders?
teach to Pandemic how a pc-game should be done making a fantastic sw total conversion for BF2 ..
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/7208/aviator4yb.jpg)

Also, I agree there. GC wasn't that great of a mod, however it was fun at times.

As for the BFII, if it really is going to turn out the way people are envisioning it, or at least the way I am, I think a BF2 mod based off of Star Wars would be a lot better.
Page: 2 of 2