Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Movie Battles II - "The mod where greedo shoots first"

Page: 1 of 1
 zag
08-11-2005, 5:09 PM
How very interesting this is, a Jedi Academy mod featured in a pc games magazine and features on the cover disc.
Check out the news post on the movie battles (http://www.moviebattles.com) site right here:
http://www.moviebattles.com/index.php?categoryid=10&p2_articleid=29)
 RinkXing
08-11-2005, 5:34 PM
Yes, I usually get that magazine every month,

About time they featured it I say, MBII is great, the way JA Base should have been.
 LightNinja
08-11-2005, 5:51 PM
Yep MBII is actually the only mod i play, and also i think i've seen you ingame rinkxing x)
 Zappa_0
08-11-2005, 7:08 PM
Woah awesome. Ive began playing on MB2 since it is better and dont have the whinners. I hope this artical gives your members of your team to work harder and keep on going, making MB2 the best thing ever!
 Kurgan
08-12-2005, 4:44 AM
Nice to get some press. So this makes the second JA Mod that's gotten notice by the outside community? (in JK2 I believe it was Colloseum Mod and Dark Forces Mod that got press)
 zag
08-12-2005, 5:26 AM
yeah i think the colloseum mod got a lot of press, not sure about dark forces though
the kotf mod also had a brief mention in pcgamerUK as did the "escape from yavinIV" SP map
they also did a big interview with the guys from www.thejediacademy.net) a bit back and had one of LDJs maps on their cover dvd!they do like jedi academy
 Zappa_0
08-12-2005, 9:20 AM
Yea those two mods was in pcgamer. The dark forces mod had a demo with it, I believe, but I may be wrong.
 Lathain Valtiel
08-12-2005, 11:13 AM
I vaguely recall Masters of the Force for JK2 getting something, but I can't fully recall.
 acdcfanbill
08-12-2005, 12:57 PM
yea i remimber Motf got stuck on some game magizine's demo disc :)
 Cercueil
08-12-2005, 6:12 PM
I may see about trying this out. the only thing close to a mod ive pulled was the OJP and that was a year ago. I just reinstalled the game as Galaxies, and im not trying to be funny, was reminding me how much I enjoyed JA adn playing a Jedi..... [wink]

I have a much better computer now and, hopefully, my old one can boot up so that i can transfer some files over....
 Kurgan
08-12-2005, 6:58 PM
Ah so a few more mods got exposure than I knew about. Cool!
 Zappa_0
08-13-2005, 3:39 PM
This mod is very good, you wont be disappointed!
 Cercueil
08-16-2005, 2:07 PM
illhave to give this one a shot, then. had I not lent this game to my nephew, "for a couple of weeks" over a year ago i would not have stopped playing and would most probably be producing skins/models/saber hilts by now...as well as a few maps.
 razorace
08-16-2005, 3:20 PM
yea i remimber Motf got stuck on some game magizine's demo disc :)

Yep. :)
 Kurgan
08-16-2005, 5:29 PM
So did Greedo really shoot first? I thought both he and Han shoot at the same time now? ;)
 Cercueil
08-16-2005, 7:25 PM
i think in the special editions: Directors PC version Han is picked up before getting to the landing bay and bought up on a hate crime charge for killing Greedo--a rodian. some witness', i hear, said that Han made some comment about being green and being alien then dared a frightened rodian to d0ol R 57fu then shot him.
--------------
of course im making it up, but if Lucas went any more PC with that scene thats what would ahve happened....adn I doubt Greedo would have been known as he as if he was that bad of a shot....Han was less than two feet in front of him...AND he had his gun pointed at him yet...he shoots almost an entire foot to the right and up? George, who are we kidding.

next thing you know they will take the guns out of the Agents hands in ET as Eliot and ET fly over.....wait.....nevermind.
Page: 1 of 1