Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

USM Released!!!

Page: 5 of 5
 JediKnight707
12-09-2005, 8:50 PM
You can, but trust me use KSE (http://www.starwarsknights.com/mtools/kse_333.zip). It's so much better.
 T7nowhere
12-10-2005, 8:16 AM
Well if you must cheat, follow Jedi_Knight_707 suggestion and use KSE. All the USM items are marked with USM_ .

Remember to back up your save game before editing it though.
 Starfighter08
12-13-2005, 11:21 AM
This is probably a n00b question but anyway: How do I "merge" the baseitem.2da file of this mod http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/11687.html) with that of USM? The jedi robes of that mod look really good and I'd like to use them with the new lightsabres.
 Nodakrattler
12-13-2005, 8:48 PM
First you need Kotor Tool installed and then check this thread for instructions.

How to install mods? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143422)
 Starfighter08
12-14-2005, 9:28 AM
First you need Kotor Tool installed and then check this thread for instructions.

How to install mods? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143422)

I managed to install KT and even compared the lines regarding robes and armor in baseitems.2da, but I can't see a difference between USM and Jedirobes mods. What am I doing wrong?
 Nodakrattler
12-14-2005, 10:03 AM
I managed to install KT and even compared the lines regarding robes and armor in baseitems.2da, but I can't see a difference between USM and Jedirobes mods. What am I doing wrong?

In the baseitems.2da for jedi robes the lines 104 & 105 are new lines for Prime's jedi armour, the Bandon and Kenobi style, in the USM these same lines are used for saber cystals and an armour from the [TSL]Segan_Wyndh_Armor_v2.0. So since the jedi robes has fewer lines it would be best to update the USM .2da with the new lines. Just copy over the info to two new lines to the bottom of the USM baseitems.2da, but you will have to enter a new (Row Label) number nothing special just use the next number in sequence. Now remember these number and open a_jediarmour_01.uti, a_jediarmour_87.uti, and a_jediarmour_88.uti files for the jedi robe mod and change the baseitem to your new ones.
 Starfighter08
12-14-2005, 11:21 AM
In the baseitems.2da for jedi robes the lines 104 & 105 are new lines for Prime's jedi armour, the Bandon and Kenobi style, in the USM these same lines are used for saber cystals and an armour from the [TSL]Segan_Wyndh_Armor_v2.0. So since the jedi robes has fewer lines it would be best to update the USM .2da with the new lines. Just copy over the info to two new lines to the bottom of the USM baseitems.2da, but you will have to enter a new (Row Label) number nothing special just use the next number in sequence.

I didn't find out which ones where the new lines because I was basicly comparing the same baseitems.2da. I realized that later on and changed the line numbers accordingly.

Now remember these number and open a_jediarmour_01.uti, a_jediarmour_87.uti, and a_jediarmour_88.uti files for the jedi robe mod and change the baseitem to your new ones.

And that's the reason why it still didn't work. Thank you very much. :)

Two things I'd like to know (because my modding experience consists of about half an hour trying to understand the tools):
1. Those three armour types you named are the only ones who need changing, right? I'd say the actual robes use lines that are already there, but I'm not really sure.
2. A very important question: Will I have to start a new game after having made these changes?
 T7nowhere
12-14-2005, 3:13 PM
A very important question: Will I have to start a new game after having made these changes?

No, but if you have those items that were changed in your inventory then you will have to reload them. The simplest solution would be to use the work bench to break the items down and then save and use KSE to re-add the items into your inventory, or you can use the giveitem cheat.
 Starfighter08
12-14-2005, 4:54 PM
No, but if you have those items that were changed in your inventory then you will have to reload them. The simplest solution would be to use the work bench to break the items down and then save and use KSE to re-add the items into your inventory, or you can use the giveitem cheat.

Good to know. Fortunately that doesn't apply here, because I couldn't find any robes so far (since I managed to combine both mods only half-way through Peragus). IIRC they must be created using a workbench and you need a certain skill level. I was just wondering because they didn't show up on the available items list of the workbench. Guess that too depends on the skill level you need for the robes.
 T7nowhere
12-14-2005, 7:21 PM
I was just wondering because they didn't show up on the available items list of the workbench. Guess that too depends on the skill level you need for the robes.

Ya it might be dependant on the PC's skill( I don't really use the work bench to create anything but weapon upgrades so I can't say with any certainty), you know though that you can also use Party NPC's to use their skills at work bench's outside of the Ebon Hawk. I always get Bao-Dur to build all my Saber upgrades for me ;) .
 Starfighter08
12-17-2005, 6:07 PM
I'm half-way through Nar Shaddaa in my first USM game and Bao-Dur and Atton are Jedi. Now I wonder how/when they create their own sabers. I had some trouble understanding the relevant part of the readme:

"Additionally after the LS quest is complete Bao-Dur will be able to build the New USM lightsabers provided you have 1 usm crystal, 1 default game hilt and 900 credits for parts.

The NPC's that are trainable as Jedi will also build their own lightsabers after the initial training. Additionally Kreia will join your part with her own custom lightsaber and Visas will Build a new one after you destroy hers."

Does that mean that I have to find a conventional light saber and hand it over to Bao-Dur or give it to the new Jedi or should everyone of them be able to create their own lightsaber from scratch?
 T7nowhere
12-17-2005, 6:26 PM
The npc's will be able to create there own lightsabers when they becaome Jedi, simply talk to them and the dialog option will appear, that is unless your using a mod that changes their normal Jedi multi-class.
 JediKnight707
12-18-2005, 11:29 PM
I just played through the part where the Jedi Masters try to cut off your force connection, and I didn't get their sabers. Do you know why?
 T7nowhere
12-19-2005, 2:32 AM
I just played through the part where the Jedi Masters try to cut off your force connection, and I didn't get their sabers. Do you know why?

Did you try to rummage through their clothes?
 JediKnight707
12-20-2005, 12:24 AM
When I clicked on them, it just said "it looks like they were drained of the force" or that kinda thing.
 T7nowhere
12-20-2005, 12:46 AM
^^^
First did the Jedi masters have their sabers in their hands?

Check your override folder to make sure 650jedi.dlg and givesaber.ncs are there. Next If the above files are there open 650jedi.dlg and click on the first node that says "[This master is dead... drained of life. His body is worse than lifeless, it's like an absence in the Force.]" and see if the "givesaber" is in script box 2.
 JediKnight707
12-20-2005, 1:38 AM
No givesaber in the second slot. Guess thats the problem :p
 T7nowhere
12-20-2005, 4:31 AM
If you add it it will work, though you will have to go through that scene again.

Did you download any game fixes for that scene of the game and then overwrite the USM dlg, because my copy has the script as does the dlg in the released rar.
 JediKnight707
12-20-2005, 5:13 AM
I guess I must of :( Thanks for the help :)
 GrandMaster
12-27-2005, 8:03 PM
Okay here goes. I downloaded this mod a couple of weeks back, absolutely awesome, big pat on the back for all of you!!!!!! I came across this page whilst looking for an answer for a couple of tiny glitchs. The first one i read about in here is the "only getting a couple of crystals" was anything done about this or was just deemed to be bad luck :) . Also i cant seem to change the sabers colour crystal after Bao Dur has created it my whole game justs gives up and i have to restart from my last save point!!! Has anyone else mentioned this (i couldnt find it on the thread). one last point that i forgot is does Bao dur make his own saber? because that wont trigger either!! Like i said just minor things that wont stop game play but just thought id mention them to see if was just me or a wider problem!!!!!! Other than that keep up the excellent work and stay looking smug for a long time (after this mod you deserve it) :thmbup1: ps i have just done the updates so tell me im an idiot if they are fixed in those couldnt get update 4 though came up with strange writing, comp speak i think!
 JediKnight707
12-27-2005, 9:17 PM
1.) Lack of crystals -> Bad luck :(
2.) Game gives up -> Yeah, 'cause the upcrystals.2da thingy - long explanation, it happens to all of us
3.) Bao-Dur saber -> If he won't do it in the Ebon Hawk, then try it outside 'cause the Ebon Hawk restricts scripts
and on your PS, what the hell did you say? Try to use a period or 2...
 ChAiNz.2da
12-28-2005, 9:10 AM
ps i have just done the updates so tell me im an idiot if they are fixed in those couldnt get update 4 though came up with strange writing, comp speak i think!
That's probably my bad :o

The file (update 4) is a .2da file but it's not packed in a .zip format, it's just the raw file.

You'll need to either Shift+Click the link or try Alt+Click the link... it should then give you an option to save the file rather than display the "code" ;)

If worse comes to worse, Right-Click the link and "Save as" to a directory on your system where you can find it :)

I didn't zip it because it's only 2kb and it seemed a bit of a waste for users to have to go through hoops just to get a tiny file :D (maybe I should rethink that strategy).. hehehe
 GrandMaster
12-28-2005, 2:00 PM
ok Thanks for clearing that up for me! I;ll have to play again and see if my luck improves, for some nice shiny sabers!!! Keep up the good work and well done (again!!) for creating an awesome mod :clap2: I still couldnt get update 4 though alt or cntrl click did nothing, could it be because im in the uk? the "save as" was that "save as target"? cos that didnt work either!
 ChAiNz.2da
12-28-2005, 2:17 PM
I still couldnt get update 4 though alt or cntrl click did nothing, could it be because im in the uk? the "save as" was that "save as target"? cos that didnt work either!
Hmm...

One last thing you can try is to let the page of code load completely, then saving the page as "upcrystals.2da" (without quotes)...

If that doesn't work, let us know and I'll pack the file in a .zip for everyone :)
 Vibro
12-28-2005, 3:05 PM
Just downloading this hack now, looks brilliant! :)
 GrandMaster
12-28-2005, 8:22 PM
One last thing you can try is to let the page of code load completely, then saving the page as "upcrystals.2da" (without quotes)...

Okay tried that and saved into my overide folder, went and checked the file and its shows it as a HTML file!!! so i presume it hasn't worked again? Has anyone else had this problem? It could just be me being a bit slow and missing somethig! :rolleyes: Also i tried tlking with Bao Dur outside of the Hawk and still no saber!! also no joy with Mira either but they are the only two! any ideas of what to try to fix that, idon't think i have deleted any of the files or anything!
 ChAiNz.2da
12-29-2005, 5:06 AM
Okay tried that and saved into my overide folder, went and checked the file and its shows it as a HTML file!!! so i presume it hasn't worked again?
No worries :)

I have updated the link for Update #4. It is now a .zip file so it should work for you :)

Once you download the .zip file. Unpack it and drop it (the .2da file) into your override directory. However, if you've made any changes to the upcrystals.2da file since you installed it the first time (such as installed new mods that may have utilized the .2da and the TSL Patcher) those changes will be lost.

If you haven't installed any mods or changes to the upcrystals.2da, then all should be well :)
 GrandMaster
12-29-2005, 8:00 AM
Ok that seems to have worked thanks very much for that, and keep up the good work!
 5paidz
01-02-2006, 2:18 PM
Umm has anyone thought to porting this great mod into the Xbox, i would appreciate it.

Thx
 AnakinSolaris
01-05-2006, 10:41 AM
This mod is fantastic! But does anyone else thing that the long-sabre (Sagon-something) should prevent you holding another weapon in the off-hand. Its so long its like a two-handed sword, but you can put one in each hand if you want.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-05-2006, 10:51 AM
This mod is fantastic! But does anyone else thing that the long-sabre (Sagon-something) should prevent you holding another weapon in the off-hand. Its so long its like a two-handed sword, but you can put one in each hand if you want.
ACK! * throws a wet noodle at AnakinSolaris * .. hehehe...

If I had thought about it earlier, I probably would've done just that, but the Segan sabers were some I had made many moons ago for KotOR, then ported them over to TSL for the USM..

Perhaps one day I might give them a second (or third rather) go-around.. but it'd probably be a brand new model rather than ressurecting these 'ancient' models ;)

I do like the suggestion though :D
 ciiirala
01-10-2006, 4:21 PM
I just have to say that this is my favorite mod that I've downloaded to date. When I first downloaded it I was just in awe when the Doors opened and Kriea has her "Walking Stick" in hand. I just knew that it was going to be like playing a new game at that point.

The attention to detail you all put into this mod is amazing to me. I've found at least two of the easter eggs you have planted. I know that I have some mod conflicts that I'm going to try to work out on my own, Mainly with Dialog issues, being that I've never done any mods it should be fun.

After I downloaded it I went through KSE and the shear number of items you all added to the game just astounded me let alone all the dialog and extras. It's no wonder it took 4 of you to do this mod. I was just giddy when I started seeing the new Saber hilts. Truly an amazing gift to us. Thanks for all the work.
 Jedi General
01-23-2006, 2:04 PM
OK, i have a prob, i cant access pcgamemods.com, i get the game selector screen, i select the game, in tbhis case TSL, it loads, says done and gives me a white screen.

Any other sites or mirrors of this download would be apprietiated, i want this but i cant get it.

JG
 ChAiNz.2da
01-23-2006, 2:30 PM
OK, i have a prob, i cant access pcgamemods.com, i get the game selector screen, i select the game, in tbhis case TSL, it loads, says done and gives me a white screen.

Any other sites or mirrors of this download would be apprietiated, i want this but i cant get it.

JGClick the "My Mods" link in my sig.. or better yet:

http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/USM.htm)

Don't forget to download the updates located in the very first post of this thread :)
 Ghost Down
01-25-2006, 4:07 AM
Hey guys..got a small prob..Malak saber hilt is all black....so is there away to fix this ?

- Dream Evil :vamp1:
 Nodakrattler
01-25-2006, 11:01 PM
First check to make sure everything is installed correctly and nothing else is causing a problem. If need be reinstall the mod.
 Shem
01-25-2006, 11:25 PM
Hey guys..got a small prob..Malak saber hilt is all black....so is there away to fix this ?
Sounds like it's missing its skin file (.tga file).
 Ghost Down
01-26-2006, 2:41 AM
Yeh..TGA isnt there...probly left out of the mod..cause its isnt in the RAR too..

T7nowhere
01-26-2006, 2:47 AM
^^^ it's in there, the skin is called t7_nemisis01.tga
 Ghost Down
01-26-2006, 2:52 AM
Yeh..its there..heh..but why is the hilt then black ?

T7nowhere
01-26-2006, 3:13 AM
Maybe your video card doesn't like the shader.

Try this : Find the t7_nemisis01.txi, open it and change T7_chrome to chrome1 and save the file.

So it looks like this envmaptexture chrome1

edit: btw are the Sith troopers in your game gold or silver?
 Ghost Down
01-26-2006, 3:15 AM
Hmmm..ill try..still weird though that it isnt working, cause all the other hilts are. Also my vid probly supports it..cause im running an MSI Nvidia GeForce NX6600GT 128MB
but ill try out what u said..

EDIT: Stormies are plain 'ol chrome ..

EDIT 2: ok..i changed to chrome1..lets hope it works now..

EDIT 3: SUCCES!!! Its working..thanks T7..
 Darth Xana
01-28-2006, 4:08 PM
Hi, Im a noob. How can you edit one of the USM sabers to have a black blade?
 Darth Anorien
01-29-2006, 9:20 AM
So far I've been happy with the mod, but it's kinda weird to take saber crystals from a random thug. For example I took crystal from a Gamorrean guard in Exhange office on Telos. It's no bad, it's just weird.

How I will feel in future about mod? We'll see
 Shem
01-29-2006, 5:11 PM
I took crystal from a Gamorrean guard in Czerka office on Telos. It's no bad, it's just weird.
It's part of the random loot. Gotta get the crystals somewhere.
 redfez
01-29-2006, 5:19 PM
I started a new game to try out the mod. In Peragus when I first get Kreia on my team, the game crashes when I open up her inventory. Any help for the bug?
 ChAiNz.2da
01-29-2006, 6:23 PM
I started a new game to try out the mod. In Peragus when I first get Kreia on my team, the game crashes when I open up her inventory. Any help for the bug?Do you have any other mods running? If so, which ones...

Also, is the USM contained in any sub-folders in your override?
 Darth Anorien
01-30-2006, 10:23 AM
It's part of the random loot. Gotta get the crystals somewhere.
I know that, it is just little bit weird to get so rare crystal from low ranked people.
 redfez
01-30-2006, 1:28 PM
Do you have any other mods running? If so, which ones...

Also, is the USM contained in any sub-folders in your override?

nope, only running the USM and not using any sub-folders.
 lightexile
02-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Hey all. I was wondering if there was a list of codes for the USM mod to get a specific saber or crystal you want from the mod? Thanks.
Page: 5 of 5