Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

USM Released!!!

Page: 4 of 5
 Shem
10-03-2005, 1:32 PM
No I designed Kriea’s specifically for her, it was the first of my k2 hilt models I built. It was shortly after my first play through, sort of a short version of a twisted wizards staff.

And for some reason when I saw your custom Kreia hilt, it really hit me that the hilt was perfect for her. Good job, Svцsh.
 Arcker
10-05-2005, 7:43 PM
Thanks T7nowwhere for your reply, at the moment I have the Master class mod for my npc's and they are upgraded and I've tried creating their sabers on and of the Hawk with no joy mira has no opion line for her creation of a saber and Bao only has option for creating the other custom USM lightsabers, so I was wondering if I've downloaded it incorrect or maybe I've missed someting.
Thanks again T7nowwhere and keep up the good work
 RedHawke
10-05-2005, 11:37 PM
at the moment I have the Master class mod for my npc's
Now bear in mind I just helped to test the mod, but from what I remember, if you alter the original Jedi class of the NPC's you will be unable to build their sabers. I had to do some dialogue editing on my end to get it to work.

So this "Master class mod" might be the culprit stopping the NPC sabers from being built if it alters or changes the NPC Jedi classes... :(
 Shem
10-06-2005, 4:36 AM
at the moment I have the Master class mod for my npc's and they are upgraded and I've tried creating their sabers on and of the Hawk with no joy mira has no opion line for her creation of a saber and Bao only has option for creating the other custom USM lightsabers, so I was wondering if I've downloaded it incorrect or maybe I've missed someting.

Mira's option line to have her build her saber is not in the opening options of dialogue like it is with the other party members. Though I haven't had the chance to test Mical (Disciple) yet. I found the lightsaber building line after the wanting to talk line. I thought I would point that out just in case you go back and convert Mira into a Jedi and don't change her class to try to make it work.
 Shem
10-10-2005, 1:25 PM
One thing I have noticed now going through it Dark Side is Vrook in the cage in the Kinrath Cave. It may just happened with me, but what happened is Vrook used the default hilt instead of his custom hilt. Did anybody else have that happen also?
 T7nowhere
10-10-2005, 3:08 PM
One thing I have noticed now going through it Dark Side is Vrook in the cage in the Kinrath Cave. It may just happened with me, but what happened is Vrook used the default hilt instead of his custom hilt. Did anybody else have that happen also?

Is it repeatable, If you load a save prior to entering the cave will he always have a default hilt?

Also check your Override to make sure you have k_fab_enter.ncs and dan_replcwep.ncs in it.
 Black_Eye_90
10-10-2005, 4:19 PM
Hey I would also just like to give you all my thanks for making this mod. It made each of the characters in the game have a much more distinct personallity.....it just added so much flavour to what used to be a pretty bland and generic area of character creation

I am a particularly big fan of Atris's Prism Saber as I think that fits her perfectly

anyways I was just wondering...

have you guys ever considered making a USM for the original kotor? because now when I go back and play through that game I get that overwhelming generic feel again....

it would be really nice if you could add some personalitty to to the characters in that game too if you made a USM for kotor

lol imagine what you could do with all those jedi at the enclave.......

anyways thanks for making this great mod I really appreciate it
 Shem
10-10-2005, 5:04 PM
Is it repeatable, If you load a save prior to entering the cave will he always have a default hilt?

I'm well past the point to recheck it as of now.

Also check your Override to make sure you have k_fab_enter.ncs and dan_replcwep.ncs in it.

Yeah, those files are in there.
 Shem
10-11-2005, 12:38 AM
Here is a question. Are some of the scripts to put the lightsaber in the Jedi Masters based on certain conversations? Because for the first time I didn't have to challenge Vrook to a duel in the cave. I didn't have the conversation that "he can sense the taint of the Dark Side of the Force" in my character. This time he came out and turned on his lightsaber and attacked.

Another thing I have noticed, which is minor is the droid you can repair that right by the Ebon Hawk in Khoonda. The one who can play a past message with a conversation between Vrook and Vandar. In the hologram Vrook always has the default hilt. But then again being it was a message that is years earlier, and you can just play it off that Vrook simply contructed a new lightsaber since then.
 T7nowhere
10-11-2005, 3:26 PM
Here is a question. Are some of the scripts to put the lightsaber in the Jedi Masters based on certain conversations?

No, none f the saber replacments are based on conversation choices I did everything I could to make it automatic. Most of them are attached to the modules onload scripts, so if the npc is in the module then the script to replace the saber will fire.

Another thing I have noticed, which is minor is the droid you can repair that right by the Ebon Hawk in Khoonda. The one who can play a past message with a conversation between Vrook and Vandar. In the hologram Vrook always has the default hilt. But then again being it was a message that is years earlier, and you can just play it off that Vrook simply contructed a new lightsaber since then.

I didn't actually find that until after USM was complete. I think the saber could be replaced though, I'll just have modify the spawn script for that scene.
 jxxx22
10-21-2005, 11:56 AM
Hi, all
Please let me know what the best usm crystal to single, doubled and short lightsaber.

Darkkender
10-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Hi, all
Please let me know what the best usm crystal to single, doubled and short lightsaber.

All of them. :p But seriously it's all upon your own taste as to what is the best.
 jxxx22
10-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Im saying about add more points to ur status to attack defense.]

Thanks!
 Barachiel
10-26-2005, 6:48 PM
OK, here's my issue.

I'm using USM, and Bao-Dur is ONLY giving me the lightsaber construction/nevermind dialog option, preventing me from having any other conversation with him. I've reinstalled USM, and I just installed the Dialogue Update off the first page of this thread. Neither seems to have helped. *scritches head*

All the Jedi Councilors I've met ahve had their special sabers, and I've been able to get Visas, Atton, and Mira to build their own sabers, so everything is fine there. I was also having the Loot Drop problem, but I think the Random Loot update should fix that after i play some more.
 Arбtoeldar
11-13-2005, 2:44 PM
A couple of noob questions :o

1) Where do I put the updated upcrystals.2da file?

2) Since you and TSLRP both have fixes for Visas Force and entering the Telos Jedi Academy problems. I assume that I should use yours.
 Mono_Giganto
11-13-2005, 4:06 PM
1. Override.
2. Yes.
 Starfighter08
11-18-2005, 5:19 PM
OK, here's my issue.

I'm using USM, and Bao-Dur is ONLY giving me the lightsaber construction/nevermind dialog option, preventing me from having any other conversation with him. I've reinstalled USM, and I just installed the Dialogue Update off the first page of this thread. Neither seems to have helped. *scritches head*

I have a similar problem. I'm using USM with the dialog update (and no other mod) and get the following error message when I try to talk to Bao-dur after I could choose the "learn the ways of the force" dialog option: Error: Conversation node ends with a END NODE or a CONTINUE NODE

Could it be because I have the German language version of KOTOR2? Other English language mods like some jedi robes mod I used in a previous game did work with next to no problem. The only problem being that I can't read the description of the items, it's just blank. Anything I can do about that (other than buying English language KOTOR2 I mean ;) )?

PS: Sorry for bombarding you guys with all that stuff, but I'd really like to use your mod. From what I could see up to now, Kreia's lightsabre has nice properties and the hilt does look good.
 RedHawke
11-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Starfighter08, you might want to check out the Tools Page (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) and download the DLG/UTI/UTC Language Converter 0.5, I believe this program can help you with that. ;)

I hope this helps! :D
 Arбtoeldar
11-19-2005, 7:49 AM
Anyone have a complete items list of the USM and what the bonuses are for each item?
 Starfighter08
11-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Starfighter08, you might want to check out the Tools Page (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) and download the DLG/UTI/UTC Language Converter 0.5, I believe this program can help you with that. ;)

The dialog now works, but I still can't read the descriptions of the crystals I have already collected and of Kreia's lightsabre. Do I have to start a new game or should altering the .uti do the trick?
 Darkkender
11-19-2005, 12:02 PM
Anyone have a complete items list of the USM and what the bonuses are for each item?

Have you read the readme for the USM? I believe there is a list in there of the different sabers. Most of these weren't issued much if anything for special bonuses however the readme would also give further clues as such.
 RedHawke
11-20-2005, 12:42 AM
The dialog now works, but I still can't read the descriptions of the crystals I have already collected and of Kreia's lightsabre. Do I have to start a new game or should altering the .uti do the trick?
Once you placed all the converted mod files into your games override, they won't instantly change in your savegame. See once you pick up an item or load a level it saves all the information to your savegame, so when you edit items they will not change unless you spawn a brand new one.

You will have to either break down the old version of the items in your save game, then either use KSE (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) to add new versions of the items into your invantory, or you can always use the 'giveitem' cheat to spawn new updated ones.

Or you can always start a new game, but that is a little extreme. ;)

Starfighter08
11-20-2005, 5:22 AM
Once you placed all the converted mod files into your games override, they won't instantly change in your savegame. See once you pick up an item or load a level it saves all the information to your savegame, so when you edit items they will not change unless you spawn a brand new one.

You will have to either break down the old version of the items in your save game, then either use KSE (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) to add new versions of the items into your invantory, or you can always use the 'giveitem' cheat to spawn new updated ones.

Or you can always start a new game, but that is a little extreme. ;)

Yes, it does help. :) Guess I'll just re-do Telos. That wont throw me back that much and that's also where most of the items I collected came from.
 Starfighter08
11-21-2005, 9:10 AM
Other question. What jedi robes mod is compatible with the USM? I tried to get the info from the readme but I didn't really understand it.
 CaptainWhyNot
11-23-2005, 4:39 AM
I've been using this great mod for a while now, :thmbup1:. My thanks to all who made it and made it possible. However, I've found a couple minor bugs in the upgraded BaoDur.dlg :smash: (don't know if they're in the original or not, haven't checked).

One, which I see has been mentioned before, is that when you say "nevermind" to building a saber with a special crystal, you still lose money and a standard saber (as they are taken away before that branch).

Another is that you can't actually build a blue negotiator due to the script name having a space at the end.

I have fixed these in my copy and would be glad to provide the file if you would like it, T7, or upload it PCGameMods (and wherever else within reason) if you give permission ;).
 T7nowhere
11-23-2005, 5:57 AM
Thanks for finding that CaptainWhyNot I thought I caught them all.

When I get back to updating the mod I'll include those fixes.
 Starfighter08
11-23-2005, 9:25 AM
I've had something weird happening to me using the USM. It's on the Citadel Station after being released from housearrest (or whatever it's called in English). When I got my stuff back from the lockers, I saw that I got Bao Dur's sword too. It seems that it was there with my other stuff, not in a TSF locker. The only lead I have is the following. Before travelling to Cit Stat the first time, I had Kreia holding her sabre while in transit and wasn't able to retrieve it once I got released by the TSF (the saber seems to just have disappeared completely). I re loaded a savegame and removed the sabre from Kreia's hand and when I reached the same spot again Kreia's *and* Bao Dur's sabers were there.
 T7nowhere
11-23-2005, 5:05 PM
^^^ Did you cheat at all? And do you have a savegame before entering the entertainment module. PM me if you do.
 Starfighter08
11-24-2005, 7:13 AM
^^^ Did you cheat at all? And do you have a savegame before entering the entertainment module. PM me if you do.

PM sent. No, I didn't cheat, I never do.
 gedwill
12-01-2005, 6:56 PM
ok im new to themodding scene and downloaded and installed the mod for more lightsaber models a while back. Ok im into the game quite aways and havent come across any of them Am i missing something maybe? Keep in mind im a big time mod newb as well as a complete dunce at code, so if i have to put in a cheat or whatever let me know please. Thanks all for your time.
 Keiko
12-01-2005, 7:48 PM
You can usually get the sabers by a cheat, and also, whats the mod name do you know? (K1 or K2)? :D
 gedwill
12-01-2005, 7:59 PM
its for kotor 2 and its the ultimate saber mod usm i beleive, . Also i downloaded and installed it quite a while ago so who knows maybe i didnt install it correctly or something. But assuming that i did everything correctly are the new sabers just random drops or how does it work. Im bummed out as is. Thanks for your reply too btw.
 STA Nirvana IND
12-01-2005, 8:09 PM
If it is a mod giving you custom sabers for the game then you would eiter have to use the Kotor Savegame Editor and add the items to your inventory with that (its pretty straight foward, if you dont know the (inventory code) names just add all the lightsabers to your inventory or usually the custom items are red) or you can do the give item cheat while in game but you must know the inventry code name for the item if you do this.
 JediKnight707
12-01-2005, 8:50 PM
The USM is awesome for starters. How far into the game are you? I was at Telos Restoration Zone when I got my first one. I now have about five. You don't actually get a lightsaber you get a lightsaber crystal. Then you stick it in the approiate saber (like single or double). Bada-Bing!
 gedwill
12-02-2005, 9:12 AM
The USM is awesome for starters. How far into the game are you? I was at Telos Restoration Zone when I got my first one. I now have about five. You don't actually get a lightsaber you get a lightsaber crystal. Then you stick it in the approiate saber (like single or double). Bada-Bing!

im finished with nar shadda and never acquired any special crystals or anything else from this usm thing. Already have my own saber but im just uber confused as to why im not coming across any special crystals etc. thanks
 Vibro
12-02-2005, 9:19 AM
I'm getting TSL for the PC soon and I'll definitely be downloading this Mod. It looks awesome.
 Emperor Devon
12-04-2005, 12:53 PM
I have greatly enjoyed the USM, and now that I'm playing KOTOR I again, I was hoping to port some of the sabers over to it. I may have experiencing when it comes to scripting and skinning, but I have none at all when it comes to modelling. How exactly would I port them over?
 T7nowhere
12-04-2005, 7:26 PM
You would have to import the model into gmax and then delete everything except the hilt mesh then import a k1 model and re-rig the hilt.
 Grifman
12-06-2005, 8:38 PM
Bear with me please, I am a bit confused by this statement in the readme about installation:

Personally I need to keep things organized and OE has made that possible since we can have mods in a subfolders within override, but you can't have mods in subfolders within subfolders. The game won't dig that deep.

Ok, forgive me if this is asking the obvious, but does this mean I can have subfolders in my Overide file for each of my mods (that would allow me to better keep track of them), and that I don't have to put the files for each mod directly into the Override folder where they would be all mixed up?

If so, I wasn't aware of this, but it certainly would make it easier to know what was what if you wanted to delete something. Though it might make it harder to know if you have a conflict between mods since you wouldn't get an overwrite warning message.

Can someone confirm if my understanding above is correct? Thanks.
 Emperor Devon
12-06-2005, 9:06 PM
You can have subfolders, but it's not a good idea.
 Grifman
12-06-2005, 9:11 PM
You can have subfolders, but it's not a good idea.

Well, that was certainly cryptic enough :) Care to expand a bit as to why it's not good? Thanks.
 T7nowhere
12-07-2005, 12:36 AM
You can have subfolders, but when you install a new mod you have to be very aware of what files are being installed and what files you aready have installed. If you do start to use sub folders you should keep the 2da's in the main folder this will save you some trouble when installing mod that use the TSL patcher. If you want to use KSE to add modded items into your inventory those will also have to be the main override folder.

The reason its generally thought to be a bad idea to use subfolders because of the noob factor ;) as long as you keep track of the files then you shouldn't have any problems.
 JediKnight707
12-07-2005, 12:57 AM
I'm just curious, do you get the other Jedi master's lightsabers? I got Vash's on Korriban, but beyond that...I haven't finished the game with the USM, but I figured that I would have gotten them by now. So, do you get them?
 T7nowhere
12-07-2005, 1:09 AM
^^^ when they die you will get them, however you should only find vash's if you have completed the saber quest.

So if your DS you and loot their bodies and if you go LS, you will get them after you gather all remaining the masters together.
 JediKnight707
12-07-2005, 2:05 AM
That's what I thought (I knew you could get them, I used KSE and got them), thank you (awesome mod too) :)
 Grifman
12-07-2005, 6:14 PM
You can have subfolders, but when you install a new mod you have to be very aware of what files are being installed and what files you aready have installed. If you do start to use sub folders you should keep the 2da's in the main folder this will save you some trouble when installing mod that use the TSL patcher. If you want to use KSE to add modded items into your inventory those will also have to be the main override folder.

The reason its generally thought to be a bad idea to use subfolders because of the noob factor ;) as long as you keep track of the files then you shouldn't have any problems.

Thanks, yeah, I figured common files between mods might be a problem if you didn't watch. Guess I've moved past the noob level then :)
 mrdefender
12-09-2005, 5:10 PM
I recently created a workbench 2da file for my wrist console modification that would allow players to make (create/breakdown) all USM items without having to use the "giveitem" cheat (at 300+ items, this is certainly advantageous :)).

The USM, obviously, will definitley need to be installed for this to work properly, if the modification isn't installed then all the player would see is a very empty screen lol.

May I have your permission to release this 2da file with my next version (1.7, hopefully before xmas) :smash: :S
 svцsh
12-09-2005, 6:15 PM
^^^
Chainz originally considered adding them to his HaK pack but changed his mind. It would completely break the concept of the USM , the thing is we want people to play the game normally not cheat for the first 3 saber parts it causes problems with globals ,
and then not cheat to get the goodies but to find them , or get them for good or bad deeds.

Your intent is good but then makes the model placement and custom random loot script work all for not. As well as some of the semi-hidden models or extremely rare models that should only be obtained if you play it properly.

Sorry but for the sake of the overall idea behind the USM not being just a pack of a lot hilt and a lot of crystals and a readme with the item cheat codes.. and all of T7 and Darth333’s hard work of placing and scripting I personally will have to say no.

svцsh
 mrdefender
12-09-2005, 7:03 PM
No Worries :) I always tell people it's up to the authors of the mods to decide If I can or can't :)

Thanks for the fast reply :)
 Jaden Kathel
12-09-2005, 8:46 PM
Could anyone tell me if I can get USM crystals using the GIVEITEM code on the console and if so how I can find out the relevant codes?
Page: 4 of 5