Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

USM Released!!!

Page: 2 of 5
 Achilles
07-24-2005, 9:01 PM
Ah, that worked. What about the Mace Crystal? I tried it in both a short saber and a regular saber and got a null grenade. It was the green crystal if that makes a difference.

Also, are the Masters supposed to have their USM sabers equipped in 650DAN? I was able to loot them, but they all have default sabers in the CS.
 svцsh
07-24-2005, 10:48 PM
My Mace Crystal is for the Negotiator, I made sure to state what crystals fits in to what hilt type in my crystal description.

Example

Mace crystal, Blue

: Special:
Upgrade Item, Negotiator

Practical Only for double blade Lightsabers

Crystal Color : Blue

Hope that helps

svцsh
 Achilles
07-24-2005, 11:03 PM
Hmmm, definitely missed that one. That's what I get for assuming that it would be used for the Mace Windu saber included in the mod. You'd think I'd know better than to assume :). Thanks for the follow up on that one.
 T7nowhere
07-25-2005, 7:53 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
Also, are the Masters supposed to have their USM sabers equipped in 650DAN? I was able to loot them, but they all have default sabers in the CS.

DO you have a save before entering the rebuilt enclave or one before triggering Kreia's entrance assuming you didn't take her with you. If you do shoot me a PM.

I took extreme pains to make those scenes work and I would hate to find out they got gimped.
 Achilles
07-25-2005, 10:24 AM
Unfortunately I do not. I was able to capture a screen shot, but I doubt that will do you much good :(
 Darth333
07-25-2005, 10:47 AM
I can check that when I get home, T7. I never cheked where the scripts were fired for the USM at that place but it possibly has something to do with the different options available, like for Vrook.

Achilles, was your PC LS or DS, male or female and was Kreia with you or not when you entered the enclave?
 Achilles
07-25-2005, 1:10 PM
LS/M with Kreia. All of the Counsel members had their USM sabers when I met up with them earlier and USM is the only mod that I had installed for that playthough (finished it last night).
 Darkkender
07-26-2005, 11:25 AM
I've been noticing alot of the double sabers are missing icon files for there crystals. Was this on purpose or accident. 2 off the top of my head are the BA-122 and Brianna's double saber.
 ChAiNz.2da
07-26-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Darkkender
I've been noticing alot of the double sabers are missing icon files for there crystals. Was this on purpose or accident. 2 off the top of my head are the BA-122 and Brianna's double saber.
:confused: is it a particular color? or all of them (the BA-122)... I'll double-check the .rar when I get home, though I keep thinking that there was one I missed (perhaps yellow?)...

There used to be a link on the old thread that had the fix, but I'm not sure if it's included with the 3 on the very first post?... I'll check once I'm home and post it if it's not included in the first 3...

However, if there is alot of them missing... do you have conflicting models / mods... (yeah, I know.. silly question aimed towards the Compatibility Master, but I had to ask.. hehehe :p )
 Mono_Giganto
07-26-2005, 11:53 AM
I dont think it's all colors, the green icons for both and the aqua icon for Brianna's work for me.

Oh no, not another moderator! ChAiNz has special buttons now....
 Darkkender
07-26-2005, 12:00 PM
I have the purple BA-122 and the Aqua Brianna's is missing hers for me. No incompatibilities FYI, a incompatibility in this instance would produce a crystal icon of some sort and not the big white square of doom for an Icon. And before you ask I don't use subfolders.(I Hate them with a Passion.)

Now when did this happen Chainz.2da = Moderator & why I thought we had enough with Prime, T7, & Darth333.
 JacenPrime
07-27-2005, 7:33 AM
Two things:

A - Are Vrook's and Nihilus' saber supposed to be upgradeable, because they aren't for me

B - In the compatability list, it says the Jedi vs Sith Armors are compatable, but for some reason it isn't working for me (I'm not sure if its that mod or USM) all the other thinks that are compatable with it work
 ChAiNz.2da
07-27-2005, 7:42 AM
Originally posted by JacenPrime
Two things:

A - Are Vrook's and Nihilus' saber supposed to be upgradeable, because they aren't for me

B - In the compatability list, it says the Jedi vs Sith Armors are compatable, but for some reason it isn't working for me (I'm not sure if its that mod or USM) all the other thinks that are compatable with it work

A) nope. They were left as non-upgradeable

B) That's my mistake :o
Although the .2da entries should be correct (the USM's), the .uti baseline entry of the armor(s) will need to be changed to point to the correct .2da line.. for some reason the .uti keeps reverting back to the "old days" when if the baseitems.2da skips a line number, the .uti self adjusts itself to the next available line... I can't remember which line #'s it is right off-hand but I think it's #107 & #108 (I'd double check the USM's baseitems.2da to be sure though)...
 JacenPrime
07-27-2005, 8:16 AM
Aight, thanks much

EDIT: IS there only supposed to be one entry for it, because there is only one
 T7nowhere
07-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
I never cheked where the scripts were fired for the USM at that place but it possibly has something to do with the different options available, like for Vrook.

The script is fired from a trigger at the other side of the cort yard from the entrance, that triggers Kreia's entrance and then equipes the sabers. I tested with and without kreia and it was working, I swear I must have seen that scene close to 50 times :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Darkkender
[B] I have the purple BA-122 and the Aqua Brianna's is missing hers for me. No incompatibilities FYI, a incompatibility in this instance would produce a crystal icon of some sort and not the big white square of doom for an Icon. And before you ask I don't use subfolders.(I Hate them with a Passion.)

Do the cystals still work? It sounds to me that either the icons are missing all together or the uti is missing.

I know that the crystal icons are not missing from USM I just check them in KSE and they all have icons.

Really you "Hate subfolders", I love subfolders, I can't stand getting mods all mixed up it also helps when working on a mod to keep the files isolated, But I'm meticulous with what goes into my override.
 ChAiNz.2da
07-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by JacenPrime
Aight, thanks much

EDIT: IS there only supposed to be one entry for it, because there is only one
DOH! again, my bad.. yes you are correct :)

There should only be one entry for the armor... not two... :headbump

----------------
Anyone else I can confuse today?? I'm on a role! Please take a number and wait your turn... hehehe
 Tie Bomber
07-27-2005, 6:35 PM
I just got one word to say about USM... BRILLIANT... i would use two words but the first one cant be said here, use your imagination
 Darkkender
07-27-2005, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere

Do the cystals still work? It sounds to me that either the icons are missing all together or the uti is missing.

I know that the crystal icons are not missing from USM I just check them in KSE and they all have icons.

Really you "Hate subfolders", I love subfolders, I can't stand getting mods all mixed up it also helps when working on a mod to keep the files isolated, But I'm meticulous with what goes into my override.

It's the icon files that seem to be missing. Everything else works fine. I just "Hate" subfolders in my overide. Anytime I create a mod it has it's own directory with dozens of other subdirectories for files in various states. I'm meticulous as well, Hence every mod I build has about 3 copies on different drives. That way I have backups and other variants to make sure they work. Then I use KMM to throw them in overide.
 Rennick
07-30-2005, 7:11 PM
Hey, can someone explain to me how it works? I installed it just like the mod said, but so far I've got Kreia with no saber, met Darth Sion and seen the flashback with Sion and Nihilus and haven't seen a custom yet. But I can't figure out what I've done wrong because it works for everyone else. Am I just not far enough yet?
 Mono_Giganto
07-30-2005, 7:12 PM
How many files did you extract to your override folder? Just one?
 Rennick
07-30-2005, 7:27 PM
Nope, every file in the overide went into my game override.

I'm only on Telos for the first time and don't have my own saber built, if that helps.
 General Kenobi
07-30-2005, 7:29 PM
Then when you open Override do you see all of the files or a folder?

:ben:
General Kenobi
 Rennick
07-30-2005, 7:33 PM
Oh, a folder! So I'm going on a guess and say put them in the main folder. Does this mean I need to restart?
 Jeff
07-30-2005, 7:35 PM
Oh, a folder! So I'm going on a guess and say put them in the main folder. Does this mean I need to restart?
Well if you want Kreia' saber you do. Or you could just keep going and get it through cheats or KSE.
 Rennick
07-30-2005, 7:38 PM
I'll try KSE (it confuses me a bit) how would I cheat it in?

By the way, thanks for all the help guys.
 Rennick
07-30-2005, 7:46 PM
I think I found it in KSE! thanks for the help guys, it means a lot.
 General Kenobi
07-30-2005, 7:48 PM
Just simply load the game up in KSE. If it's your current and last game you click the highest numbered file. Then it will give you a multitude of options. ;) Once you install KSE just double click and it will load all your saved games for you to pick from.

Hope that helps a bit ;)

General Kenobi
 Jeff
07-30-2005, 7:48 PM
I'll try KSE (it confuses me a bit) how would I cheat it in?

By the way, thanks for all the help guys.
To enable cheats, open your swkotor2.ini file, and under GameOptions, enter "EnableCheats=1" without the quotes. Then in game, press the ~ button to open the console, which will be invisible. Type "giveitem <item name>" without the quotes. Kreia's green saber is usm_lghtsbr_122 I believe.

EDIT: Looks like you figured it out.
 General Kenobi
07-30-2005, 8:18 PM
As long as you are clean on mods when you open up the USM .rar file you will see an override folder. Replace yours with that one and you should be good to go installing normally. ;)

General Kenobi
 YertyL
08-02-2005, 4:04 AM
I am frequently encountering a rather annoying problem:
At certain points in dialogue the converstaion simply ends and I get the following message:
"CONVERSATION ERROR: Last Conversation Node Contains Either an END NODE or CONTINUE NODE. Please contact a Designer!"
Due to this I e.g. have not been able to build my own lightsaber or talk to Visas, Bao-Dur,Handmaiden, Mira etc. after trying to do so (Conversation ends after the initial greeting (e.g. "Yes, genaral?") or at the point where you select which lighsaber you want to build)
This problem is propably related to me using the German version of the game (I have both updates and no other mods installed).
Still, it would be nice to be able to both use the USM and talk to party members ;) Is there any way to fix this ??
 stoffe
08-02-2005, 5:33 AM
I am frequently encountering a rather annoying problem:
At certain points in dialogue the converstaion simply ends and I get the following message:
(snip)
This problem is propably related to me using the German version of the game (I have both updates and no other mods installed).
Still, it would be nice to be able to both use the USM and talk to party members ;) Is there any way to fix this ??

You could try downloading the Language Converter for Custom Dialogs and Item Descriptions from this page (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php). If my suspicions are correct your problem is that the text strings for the new added custom dialog entries for training your NPCs, or making them build sabers, only are present for the english locale.

That utility should help you convert them to the german locale so your game will find those text strings.
 eagle235
08-02-2005, 11:49 PM
guys @usm-
i wanna say how awesome your mod is. it has made tsl a worthwhile gaming experience for me again, for which i truly thank you. you have also addicted my wife to your mod and this game, for which i also thank you.
now to business- i know there was a compatibility list posted for this mod initially, but i believe it was lost. if anyone of you gods-among-modders would repost it, it would mean the world to me. thnks again!!
 RedHawke
08-03-2005, 12:48 AM
Eagle235,

First, welcome to the forums! :D And here it is! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1785602#post1785602) ;)
 ChAiNz.2da
08-03-2005, 4:46 AM
Hey eagle235,

Welcome to the forums! :waive1: and Thank You for the kind comments.

Be sure to check out the very first post in this thread as well. It includes some (4) updates to the mod that you might need.

Also, there's been reports that Drakonnen's Jedi/Sith Armor mod will still need to have the armor .uti's adjusted to match the baseitems.2da lines. Just a little heads up :)
 Lucied
08-03-2005, 6:27 AM
man i love thi smost i was only dispointed to see that there are no Orange Sabers Orange is my favorite color saber :( but im using Blue and Green Mix right now
 T7nowhere
08-03-2005, 7:25 AM
man i love thi smost i was only dispointed to see that there are no Orange Sabers Orange is my favorite color saber :( but im using Blue and Green Mix right now

There are a couple of sabers that have Orange(HotG) as an option.

Here is a list of the ones I remember that have Orange as a color:

Stylized Exar Kuns
Traditional Jedi Knights Lightsaber(aka. Qui-gon Jin's lightsaber)
Master Vash's Harmony
Master kavar's Prize

I think thats all of them, but hey if you really want a specific color I'm sure you could figure out how to do it. ;)
 eagle235
08-03-2005, 3:43 PM
Eagle235,

First, welcome to the forums! :D And here it is! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1785602#post1785602) ;)
Thanks you guys! I started monitoring this board when i got kotor1 but never joined til now bcuz i hadn't needed to post a question, you guys already had the answers out there. by the way, i now know i am a ridiculous geek becuz i got excited when you were nice to me. thanks again!!
 eagle235
08-03-2005, 4:36 PM
Just downloaded RedHawke's Prestige Pack, and it asked if i wanted to overwrite upcrystals.2da. I said no, but don't know if it will affect either mod. Any advice on how to proceed with both mods working?
 SITHSLAYER133
08-03-2005, 8:08 PM
im having problems with the ultimate saber mod im gettin some wierd glitch where i cant get the hand maiden and vises mar to build their light sabers

this is my first post ever on this great forums :twogun:
 SITHSLAYER133
08-03-2005, 8:09 PM
ive got it and the hak pad installed currently
 The_Maker
08-03-2005, 8:32 PM
Try recopying EVERY file from the USM folder, usually these things happen when a uti file is missing or a .ncs script it missing. If you already tried that you might want to consult one of the guys who made the USM mod and see if they an help you.

Btw, Welcome to the Forums ^_^
 RedHawke
08-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Just downloaded RedHawke's Prestige Pack, and it asked if i wanted to overwrite upcrystals.2da. I said no, but don't know if it will affect either mod. Any advice on how to proceed with both mods working?
Keep the USM's upcrystals.2da, like you did, and play on! Everything should work fine. :D
 ChAiNz.2da
08-04-2005, 6:38 AM
im having problems with the ultimate saber mod im gettin some wierd glitch where i cant get the hand maiden and vises mar to build their light sabers

this is my first post ever on this great forums :twogun:
Have you completed the "Build Your Own Lightsaber" quest? I know that Visas is dependant upon that particular quest being done before she'll make hers.

Also, try asking them to build their saber both On & Off the Ebon Hawke.

Have you perchance used the Hak Pad to train them in an alternate Jedi Class (or in HM's case, prematurely before finishing the duels)? I'm still testing this function for all possible scenarios to see if it interferes with the USM... so far it hasn't but it's best to ask just in case I've missed something :)
 LegionUK
08-04-2005, 7:45 AM
this mod is fantastic, no doubt about that at all! fantastic work from all you guys! thank you!

however, the reason for my delurking is (apart from thanking you guys of course!) is that i'm having a spot of bother. I've managed to get Disciple to be a Jedi, and have started to give him additional lessons, however whenever i try, it just seems to repeat the first lesson over and over again (i think he's learny immunity:fear about 10 times now!)

has anyone else had a problem with this?

has anyone else bothered with disciple? ;)
 T7nowhere
08-04-2005, 7:40 PM
I've managed to get Disciple to be a Jedi, and have started to give him additional lessons, however whenever i try, it just seems to repeat the first lesson over and over again (i think he's learny immunity:fear about 10 times now!)

I'll look into this asap.

EDIT: btw what is your characters starting class.
 General Kenobi
08-04-2005, 7:43 PM
Depending on what class I am I notice that you seem to have more options although, when I get him trained on I guess all I know, about 3 sometimes 4 things he does the same for me on fear ;)

General Kenobi
 LegionUK
08-05-2005, 6:29 AM
I'll look into this asap.

EDIT: btw what is your characters starting class.

thanks T7!

my pc is starting out as a sentinel.
 T7nowhere
08-05-2005, 6:38 PM
Depending on what class I am I notice that you seem to have more options although, when I get him trained on I guess all I know, about 3 sometimes 4 things he does the same for me on fear ;)

General Kenobi

That is strange, The dialog looks fine to me, all the checks are inplace. I'll have to actually test this in-game which may take a little while (sry) as I have to play straight through to that point.
 General Kenobi
08-05-2005, 6:44 PM
Sounds good, I do have Holowan Plugin installed as well and that might be affecting it. I'll try deleting it then reinstalling USM and see if that helps my problem. Although I remember this from my playthrough USM only I believe as well. :D
Thanks T7 let me know if you find anything.

General Kenobi
 jimbo32
08-16-2005, 4:21 PM
Great job guys. This is easily the best mod for TSL to date.

Some of my favorite sabers: Segan Wyndh Longsaber, Type E Lightsaber (very nice Seprithro), Darth Bandon's Saber (almost didn't catch that one!), Blood of Malevolence (amazing).

Though I've been spared the trouble with my companions (ie crafting their sabers) that others have had, I'm still very short on random USM crystals. Though I'm lvl. 21, the only ones I've found so far are Padawan, Rocarian, and Segan Wyndh - though I've gotten about 15 of each. I just played through and re-loaded the Mandalorian cache on Dxun about 25 times hoping to get something different but had no luck - just more of the same. With the amount of loot in there, you would think that I would come across one other USM crystal at some point in all those re-loads. Maybe you might want to look at removing the standard color crystals from your random loot (as I did get a number of those).

A couple of quick questions:

Did you guys happen to fix the cyan crystal problem while you were working on USM? (saber activating on area load)

Also, I was wondering about USM crystal rarity. I was surprised that the "Type E" saber wasn't more common. No special powers, but the only time I've ever found one was on Malachor on my last play-through.

Thanks and once again, great job.
Page: 2 of 5