Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Official EU Trivia Thread !

Page: 5 of 5
 swphreak
02-19-2005, 6:22 PM
A: Evir Derricote. It was all part of Ysanne Isard's plan.

I don't have my books to look up the bonus.

Q: Who are the Nightsisters?
 Shok_Tinoktin
02-20-2005, 1:57 AM
A. A dark side weilding Dathomiri clan.

Q. Who was killed by the Peace Brigade on a mission to investigate Vong activity on Ando?
 Astrotoy7
02-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
Q. Who was killed by the Peace Brigade on a mission to investigate Vong activity on Ando?

It was Dorsk 82 that was killed by Peace Brigaders on Ando(home of the Aqualish). I am not 100% certain of where in teh NJO, but Im guessing about Darktide or thereabouts....

Q. Who was Chalmun ? What was a famous piece of real estate he owned and who ran it at the time of ANH ?

mtfbwya
 Astrotoy7
02-20-2005, 12:52 PM
OK ! Tally time...
http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/EU) Tally 4.jpg

SWPhreak : the winner is j00 ! :p

2 rounds in a row phreaky....nice work :p

here is your unusuable gift...
http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/Phreak2.jpg)

Special commendation to Shok(7 points!) .... a LFN n00b with a preternatural EU talent , the likes of which not seen since a fellow by the name of Astrotoy7 hit the scene in 2002 :p

My question stands

Q. Who was Chalmun ? What was a famous piece of real estate he owned and who ran it at the time of ANH ?

mtfbwya
 swphreak
02-20-2005, 1:21 PM
What? No card? *shakes fist*

A: Chalmun is the Wookiee owner of the Mos Eisly Cantina we see in ANH. Wuher was the bartender at the time.

Q: What is the Jabitha? Where is it from?
 Astrotoy7
02-20-2005, 2:07 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
What? No card? *shakes fist*

read above, I said *later* .... Im at work atm.... man, kids these days, no patience :p

anyway, Im gonna answer this one...

Q: What is the Jabitha? Where is it from?

A. Jabitha is the medium through which the sentient planet Zonama Sekot, communicated its will... source : late NJO. I will add a bit more detail to this answer later today !

Q. Easy one. What is the name and species of my av. What was his position ? Wht did he masquerade as ?

bonus 1 : where in EU did he *first* appear ?

EDIT : If you try to answer the bonus but get it wrong, you will get ZERO points for the question(yes, even if you got part one right !)

mtfbwya
 swphreak
02-20-2005, 4:39 PM
I was thinking of this (http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/jabitha/eu.html)... but uhh... you're the trivia boss <.<

A: That is Nom Anor, a Yuuzhan Vong, of the Intendent caste. He masqueraded as many things ;)

but I think you mean the leader of the Red Knights of Rhommamool.... don't remember the name.

I think he first appeared in Crimson Empire II: Council of Blood.
 Astrotoy7
02-20-2005, 4:45 PM
I was thinking of this (http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/jabitha/eu.html)... but uhh... you're the trivia boss <.<

A: That is Nom Anor, a Yuuzhan Vong, of the Intendent caste. He masqueraded as many things ;)

but I think you mean the leader of the Red Knights of Rhommamool.... don't remember the name.

I think he first appeared in Crimson Empire II: Council of Blood.

Yes I am the boss !! :p Congratulations, you have fallen into the infamous "Rogue Nine Trap" ....namely asking a question that has more than one answer :p

Jabitha was the being that ship was named after... She was in late NJO but actually first appeared in 'Rogue Planet'
http://www.geocities.com/womenofsw/bios/jabitha.html)

I was after Nom Anor masquerading as Yuu'sha, the prophet sent to guide the shamed ones to freedom...

Yes, crimson empire is correct :p

good work phreak, now ask a question :p

mtfbwya
 swphreak
02-20-2005, 4:52 PM
Q: Name 6 Yuuzhan Vong gods.
 Shok_Tinoktin
02-20-2005, 10:43 PM
A.
Yun-Yuuzhan
Yun-Yaamka
Yun-Ne'shel
Yun-Shuno
Yun-Harla
Yun-Q'aah
Yun-Txiin

Q.
What are the Coway?
 Astrotoy7
02-22-2005, 3:35 AM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
Q.
What are the Coway?

Man, did I have to delve into the brain archive for this one......

the Coway go *all the way back* to the infamous Splinter of the Minds Eye :p

They are small, furry humanoids (omg ewoks !) and are believed to be related to the Mimbanites. Like the ewoks they were fairly low tech :p

Q. Who was Lady Valarian,
*What species was she ?
*Who was her main rival ?
*What became of her ?

mtfbwya
 swphreak
02-22-2005, 5:08 AM
A: Lady Valarian is a Whiphid crime lord on Tatioone. She owns the Lucky Despot Hotel in Mos Eisley. Her main rival was Jabba the Hutt. SHe moved to Mos Ethna, and is basically the main source for resources for the planet.

Here's an easy one since I can't find an harder question:

Q: What did Prince Isolder offer Han to go away and let him and Leia marry?
 Rogue Nine
02-23-2005, 7:20 PM
A. I think, though I may be wrong, Isolder offered Han a Hapan battlecruiser.
 swphreak
02-23-2005, 7:57 PM
Yep, that's what I remember.

Question! :D
 Astrotoy7
02-25-2005, 5:22 AM
Yep, that's what I remember.

Question! :D

Damn that Niner, whines he cant ask a question, then doesnt do so when its his turn :p

therefore, I will keep on truckin :p

2 POINT QUESTION
Q. Who were the B'Omarr Monks ?
*Describe them and their philosophy ?
*Which famous character became a monk and how ?
*What became of him ??

BONUS : Pic of a B'Omarr monk :)

mtfbwya
 guybroom
02-25-2005, 10:23 AM
here will be some fun - I have read vertually none of the EU (i've got dark empire 2 waiting to be read without reading dark empire 1 as the only comic in canon i've read) and i've only played 1 of the JK games.

let's see what SW databank can give me - Is that allowed???

But I can't answer this one.
 Astrotoy7
02-25-2005, 3:12 PM
Originally posted by guybroom
here will be some fun ....

let's see what SW databank can give me - Is that allowed???

But I can't answer this one.

Hello Guybroom. Welcome to the trivia thread. You can use any resource you like

...As a guide, pleasde read the RULES at the start of Page 1 of this thread...

and check your PMs :)

The question stands
2 POINT QUESTION
Q. Who were the B'Omarr Monks ?
*Describe them and their philosophy ?
*Which famous character became a monk and how ?
*What became of him ??

BONUS : Pic of a B'Omarr monk

mtfbwya
 Shok_Tinoktin
02-26-2005, 12:56 AM
A)The B'omarr monks were a religious group that had a citadel on Tatooine, that would later become Jabba's Palace. They believed in the physical denial of all senses. They even went so far as to transport their brains from their bodies to nutrient suspension. I think the famous character you're referring to is Bib Fortuna. He was eventually able to have his brain put into the body of Firith Olan. He was able to gain considerable power from a combination of Jabba's old resource, Firith's resources, and his relationship with Lady Valarian's successor Shiri'ani.

http://www.geocities.com/jedi_duck1139/bomarrmonk.gif)

Q)What force sensitive species inhabits the Kathol Rift?
 swphreak
02-26-2005, 7:32 AM
A: That would be the Aing-Tii. They use the force in mysterious ways.

Since I'm sure I got it right, I'll ask a question.

Q: How many gifts did Prince Isolder offer the New Republic/Leia? Why did they offer that many? What was the most important gift?
 guybroom
02-26-2005, 8:59 AM
Prince Isolder gave leia 63 gifts from 63 planets. The most important was the gift of his hand in marriage.

Can someone else ask a question please
 Astrotoy7
02-26-2005, 6:46 PM

Can someone else ask a question please

Thank you Guyrbroom, many people seem to forget to state that when they dont want to ask a question :)

BTW, *excellent* answer Shok ;)

Ok then, a question :)

Q. What is Omwat Orbital ?
*What book did it appear in ?
*Who is mainly associated with it/Name their love interest :)

mtfbwya
 Astrotoy7
03-01-2005, 2:02 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Ok then, a question :)

Q. What is Omwat Orbital ?
*What book did it appear in ?
*Who is mainly associated with it/Name their love interest :)

mtfbwya

hmm... no takers :) :p

A. Omwat orbital was the Facility Qwi Xux initially worked on when developing the death star project. She was an Omwati herself, and was later moved to the Maw Installation to continue her work.

She describes working on Omwat Orbital it in the Jedi Academy Trilogy. Of course, Qwi's love interest back then was Wedge Antilles.....

Here's a fresh one then :)

Q. Who was Jaster Mereel ??

mtfbwya
 guybroom
03-02-2005, 11:08 AM

Q. Who was Jaster Mereel ??

Jaster mereel was a mandalorian who found Jango Fett after he was orphaned when his parents got mudered (Jango's parents) and adopted him.

He is from Concord Dawn and head of the Death Watch

I'll start asking questions when I answer soon - but someone else can for now. Also, do the games count as EU?
 Shok_Tinoktin
03-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Also, do the games count as EU?

Yes, everything that is not in the movies is EU (with the obvious exception of FanFics and stuff).
 guybroom
03-02-2005, 11:28 AM
in that case i'll ask my own question and I have a small bit of EU knowlage from what i've read.

What happened to the last remaining IG-88 and which was it?
 Tanesh
03-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Jaster mereel was a mandalorian who found Jango Fett after he was orphaned when his parents got mudered (Jango's parents) and adopted him.

Umm, I thought the Death Watch was a group of ex-Mandalorians under Viszla (or whatever he's called) who fought against Jaster Mereel and his Mandalorians?
 swphreak
03-02-2005, 2:24 PM
Originally posted by Tanesh
Umm, I thought the Death Watch was a group of ex-Mandalorians under Viszla (or whatever he's called) who fought against Jaster Mereel and his Mandalorians?

That is correct, Jaster is the leader of the Mandalorian Shocktroopers.
 Astrotoy7
03-02-2005, 11:34 PM

I'll start asking questions when I answer soon - but someone else can for now. Also, do the games count as EU?

OK. Guybroom. Remember to list some references, where did you read it etc ??

anyways, I will award the point :) Though Tanesh and Phreak are correct. Jaster was not from Death Watch....

Jaster was a Journeyman Protector from Concorde Dawn. He was taken in by Mandalorian Shocktroopers, and worked for them as a mercenary. So he actually wasnt a true Mandalorian, in the KOTOR era sense anyway :) ) A breakaway Mandalorian group called the Death Watch attempted to over the Shocktroopers and Jaster survived their attack, largely due to the efforts of Jango Fett :)

Here's the CUSWE entry for Jaster
http://theforce.net/swenc/entrydesc.asp?search=16253)

There's also some stuff at the official site, of course :)

Tidbit : Boba Fett's green Mandalorian armour, is actually Jaster's :)

anyway, Guybroom's question stands
Q. What happened to the last remaining IG-88 and which was it?

mtfbwya
 swphreak
03-03-2005, 5:20 AM
A: The last true IG-88 (Programming) was the Death Star II's core. I'm guessing IG-88A. That was from memory...

The last IG-88 (droid shell) was in the YJK books. Raynar's Uncle found IG-88A's body, and reprogrammed it.

I wonder how IG-88 would have fared during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion?

I won't ask a question since I'm not sure if that was the answer you were looking for.

P.S. I didn't use any Star Wars Encylcopedia you cheaters :p
 guybroom
03-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Firstly - I'm sorry for giving the wrong answer. I must have read the website wrongly. Also remember I have read hardly any of the EU -I just remembered the 'Tales of the Bounty Hunters' - but i'm mainly using what is on the SW databank and google searches.

A: The last true IG-88 (Programming) was the Death Star II's core. I'm guessing IG-88A. That was from memory...

The last IG-88 (droid shell) was in the YJK books. Raynar's Uncle found IG-88A's body, and reprogrammed it.

I wonder how IG-88 would have fared during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion?

I won't ask a question since I'm not sure if that was the answer you were looking for.

P.S. I didn't use any Star Wars Encylcopedia you cheaters :p

The final IG-88 was destroyed by the death star and I think you're right about which it was. It was IG-88A.

I don't know about the thing about Raynar or whoever so I'll give you the point.
 Astrotoy7
03-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Firstly - I'm sorry for giving the wrong answer. I must have read the website wrongly.

I don't know about the thing about Raynar or whoever so I'll give you the point.

Yes, Phreak is indeed right. and can have the point :) ( I will clarify the Raynar thing shortly....)

Guybroom, thank you for clarifying, please note, I am the only one that assigns points :) It is part of my awesome power :D

OK...on with it...

Q. Name 5 Native Alderaanians :)

mtfbwya
 swphreak
03-04-2005, 7:19 AM
Do you mean born on Alderaan, or in an Alderaan family?

Raynar Thul
Bornan Thul
Leia Organa Solo
Winter
Bail Organa
 Astrotoy7
03-04-2005, 5:31 PM
Do you mean born on Alderaan, or in an Alderaan family?

Raynar Thul
Bornan Thul
Leia Organa Solo
Winter
Bail Organa

*Bzzt* ! Native alderaanians, means they were born there homeboy....

but Im assuming you know Tyco so, I'll give you the point :p

ask a question now, phreakski :p

mtfbwya
 swphreak
03-04-2005, 6:18 PM
I believe Captain Antilles is "native" Alderaanian...

Q: Who is most likely responsible for Kalan's death?
 guybroom
03-06-2005, 7:20 AM
Guybroom, thank you for clarifying, please note, I am the only one that assigns points :) It is part of my awesome power :D

mtfbwya

Sorry - I thought I was able to say if it was right or wrong and therfore if they get the point.

So then I can say if its right or wrong and if YOU give them the point.

Better???
 Astrotoy7
03-06-2005, 7:28 AM
Sorry - I thought I was able to say if it was right or wrong and therfore if they get the point.

So then I can say if its right or wrong and if YOU give them the point.

Better???

yes indeed.... as seen in previous instances, if someone has answered a question, and given refs etc, they may still go on and ask a question. It is however imprtant that the person who aske dthe question clarifies, as this may affect points being assigned.

you'll notice that when questions in doubt are clarified I usually edit a post with a point assignment :)

anyway, enough babble, back to the questions :)

Q: Who is most likely responsible for Kalan's death?

A. Kalan was Prince Isolder's older brother. He was killed due to political motives and it was initially believed that his Aunt(Seccah) had orchestrated it...

[edit] bah ! I should have finished that thought .... anyway, points that go to me dont count..........no biggie

SW.com says thus
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/isolder/)

4 POINTS UP FOR GRABS !!!

Q. Name 2 of Kyle Katarns's ships ?
*What happened to them ??

BONUS : PICs of each

BONUS 2 : Which film did one of Kyle's ships make a very brief appearance ?

BONUS 3 : screenie of bonus 2

mtfbwya
 swphreak
03-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Isolder finally confronted his mother and accused her of being behind the deaths of Kalan and Lady Elliar. Ta'a Chume accepted Isolder's fiancйe, and stepped down from her role as Queen Mother, handing that mantle to Teneniel Djo

;)

I think everyone accepts that Ta'a Chume did kill her son.

A: Moldy Crow (See attachment for image)

Raven's Claw (http://www.geocities.com/neomarz1@sbcglobal.net/vravensclaw.jpg).

The Crow (http://www.theforce.net/episode1/newspics/hidden_moldy2.jpg) was in Ep1.
 jedispy
03-06-2005, 3:25 PM
Since the last Q was "Name 2 of Kyle Katarns's ships," and it was answered, I'm going to go now.

Q. Who and or what was Bria?
 Astrotoy7
03-07-2005, 3:00 AM
Originally posted by jedispy
Since the last Q was "Name 2 of Kyle Katarns's ships," and it was answered, I'm going to go now.

Q. Who and or what was Bria?

Firstly, unless you are one of the regulars and have changed your name, I send you a hearty welcome. Jedispy....

You mean Bria Tharen right ? She's been described earlier in a question about Han Solo....

of course, the what you are referring to is most likely the first ship Han and Chewie had, named after her...

references : Han Solo Trilogy

Q. Name the members of Figrin D'ans band, and what instruments they play.... ?

mtfbwya
 swphreak
03-07-2005, 9:28 AM
jedispy: Be sure you've read the rules on page one, and very clearly. ;)

I have no idea @ Astro's question.
 jedispy
03-07-2005, 11:09 AM
<Jedispy checks the rules>
O.k.
1. got it
2. Well there wasn't a question in play, so N/A for my prev post
3. No question was in play, from what I can tell.
4. You got it.

O.k. from what I can remember in my SWCCG lore (SWCCG is a fusion of canon + EU.)
Figran D'an - Kloo Horn
Doikk N'ots - Fizzz
Ickabel G'ont - Fanfer
Tedn Dahai - Fanfer
Tech Mo'r - Omni Box
Nalan Cheel - bandfill
Lirin Car'n - Kloo Horn

Bonus: The song they played at the exact instant that Skywalker and Kenobi walked in was "Mad About Me."

edit: OOPS!!! Forgot to ask a question. Thanks for the reminder.
 Astrotoy7
03-08-2005, 8:08 AM
O.k. from what I can remember in my SWCCG lore (SWCCG is a fusion of canon + EU.)
Figran D'an - Kloo Horn
Doikk N'ots - Fizzz
Ickabel G'ont - Fanfer
Tedn Dahai - Fanfer
Tech Mo'r - Omni Box
Nalan Cheel - bandfill
Lirin Car'n - Kloo Horn

Bonus: The song they played at the exact instant that Skywalker and Kenobi walked in was "Mad About Me."

he he...you rascals never cease to amaze... assigning yourselves bonuses !!

anyway, great answer jedispy, good to see another who utilises the great EU content in the olde SWCCG(Thats teh reason I collected them....never played one damn game, and wouldnt know how !!)

now, next time remember to ask a question jedispy, or say pass :D

so, I will ask a question, coz I like to keep things movin :)

Q. Force sensitive droids ? yes, sounds ridiculous, but at least a couple pop up in EU.....name 2

mtfbwya
 Astrotoy7
03-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Q. Force sensitive droids ? yes, sounds ridiculous, but at least a couple pop up in EU.....name 2

mtfbwya

hmmm.... ah well, I thought many woul dhave known at least one.....

A. 4-LOM.. ref : Tales of the Bounty Hunters

R5-D4.... aka 'skippy' (yes the red droid that blows his top in ANH) An interesting story in one of the 'Tales' comics series describes the force sensitivity of this droid :p

anyway...

let me ask another....

let's make it topical....

Q. There is a scene in the new trailer(feat anakin and dooku)......... what location in KOTOR2 does it resemble.....

2 POINT BONUS : PICS to compare...

:p

mtfbwya
 swphreak
03-13-2005, 4:50 PM
R5-D4.... aka 'skippy' (yes the red droid that blows his top in ANH) An interesting story in one of the 'Tales' comics series describes the force sensitivity of this droid :p

I believe there is a reason why the comics are called called "Tales." I also think that was meant to be funny, and not taken seriously. Which is why I don't consider them to be "EU Canon" (God dammit Kurgan). They're short stories by random people.

As for 4-LOM, meh... haven't read Tales of Books in a while.
 Astrotoy7
03-14-2005, 2:04 AM
I believe there is a reason why the comics are called called "Tales." I also think that was meant to be funny, and not taken seriously. Which is why I don't consider them to be "EU Canon" (God dammit Kurgan). They're short stories by random people.

As for 4-LOM, meh... haven't read Tales of Books in a while.

yeah, I get what you mean re- R5-D4...
Still, the 4-Lom still stands.... though they do both fit into the same canonical classification :p anwyay, no points were awarded, no biggie....

Q. There is a scene in the new trailer(feat anakin and dooku)......... what location in KOTOR2 does it resemble.....

2 POINT BONUS : PICS to compare...

OK, it seems the current question is a bit too topical perhaps....but let me answer it ....

Nb. Kotor2 and Ep3 trailer spoiler warning !

A. There is a scene in the new ep 3 trailer that shows the duel between anakin and dooku. It is some form of sith throne room, a little similar to that in ROTJ.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/trailercap.jpg)

It does bear some resemblance to the sith meditation chamber used by Visas Marr in KOTOR2.....
http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/visas.jpg)

*mental note : no more topical questions !*

OK. Next question..... *easy*

Q. Who was Nien Nunb and where was he from....what was his brothers name, and what did his brother do ??

mtfbwya
 jedispy
03-14-2005, 11:18 AM
Well...I know part of it. Nien Nunb is the Sullustan copilot of Grey Leader (a.k.a. Millennium Falcon) during the battle of Endor. Now who his brother is......I'm sorry I don't know that. I do know of an Aril Nunb, who is Nien's sister. She joined Rogue Squadron, and almost made it to executive officer.

Apparently sullustans are naturally excellent pilots.

EU questions.......

Let's see....what hasn't been asked yet......

Q: In the final duel of The Last Command, who was all involved in the lightsaber duel, and who held who's lightsabers?
 Astrotoy7
03-15-2005, 4:13 AM
Well...I know part of it. Nien Nunb is the Sullustan copilot of Grey Leader (a.k.a. Millennium Falcon) during the battle of Endor. Now who his brother is......I'm sorry I don't know that. I do know of an Aril Nunb, who is Nien's sister. She joined Rogue Squadron, and almost made it to executive officer.

Apparently sullustans are naturally excellent pilots.

EU questions.......

Let's see....what hasn't been asked yet......

Q: In the final duel of The Last Command, who was all involved in the lightsaber duel, and who held who's lightsabers?

well done jedispy I knew there was somethig wrong with my question ! ...Nien Nunb had a sister...... I always thought he had a brother :( :

Ten Numb flew a b-wing at the battle of Endor... no relation to Nien Nunb !
http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/deathstar2/light/large/tennumb.html)

Now, TLC is a while ago but surely it was Mara Jade fighting Luke Skywalker, using an anakins blue saber that Luke lost when he was dismembered at Bespin (by anakin!) :p

I'll let someone else ask a question for once :p

mtfbwya
 swphreak
03-15-2005, 9:22 AM
I wonder if he meant Luuke and Luke?

Here's a question:

(not EU, but I liked it)

What was Yoda's response when Luke asked him what was inside the tree cave?

Exact quotage people!
 jedispy
03-15-2005, 3:46 PM
A: Only what you bring with you.

StarWarsPhreak is correct as is Astrotoy7. Luke was poised to potentially attack Joruus C'Boath, when the crazed clone jedi master killed all of the ysalamiri. Then Luke sensed a disturbance in the force, his own clone. According to the Thrawn Trilogy, clones go insane due to the shared mental bandwidth. Of course this is pretty much debunked in AOTC when we find out not only is Jango the host for the clones, but as well as for Boba Fett, and he's not insane.

Anyway, Luke duals Luuke. Luke holds Luke's lightsaber, whereas Luuke holds Anakin's lightsaber. Luke gets immobilized, and Mara jumps in. If memory serves, she holds Luke's lightsaber, while she duels Luuke holding Anakin's lightsaber.

If you want to be technical Leia was holding Leia's lightsaber, but she wasn't dueling.

O.k. here's a harder one
Q: This one has two parts.

Q1: Where and when was the first time Han Solo met Senator Garm Bel Iblis?

Q2: What was Han REALLY doing there?
 Wraith 8
03-17-2005, 7:02 AM
well a person might say while he was investigating a bothan. but thats not true. the first time Han met Garm bel iblis was on corellia. he was at school and garm came to talk about something. Han was put to a dare by one of his friends to ask a certain question i cant remember right now.
anyway Han was getting taught at school :p

i hope that is the answer your looking for. Ill wait for confirmation.
Page: 5 of 5