Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Official EU Trivia Thread !

Page: 3 of 5
 swphreak
01-21-2005, 5:09 AM
That would be Dewlanna. She was an old Wookiee cook living on the Trader's Luck. How that works out, I don't know. I know I wouldn't want a wookiee preparing my meals. She dies saving Han's life.

Sivy can ask the next question since he seems anxious to do it.
 Sivy
01-21-2005, 5:37 AM
Correct!

next question...

what did qui-gon give obi-wan for his 13th birthday?
 Revan Solo
01-21-2005, 6:57 AM
My question:

Who is Kyle Katarn?
When did he live? Was he important? On what site was he?
 Astrotoy7
01-21-2005, 7:06 AM
Originally posted by Revan Solo
My question:

Who is Kyle Katarn?
When did he live? Was he important? On what site was he?

SORRY REVAN....Please read the rules....

ONLY ONE ACTIVE QUESTION AT A TIME...

and you didnt even *try* to answer Sivys question...

Originally posted by Sivy
Correct!

next question...

what did qui-gon give obi-wan for his 13th birthday?

A.
Pick your fave, all are correct :D

For his 13th Birthday - Obi Wan received from Qui Gonn Jinn -

1. Freedom from the AgriCorps!
2. A Rock
3. His tenure as Padawan

from the first 2 jedi apprentice books, kids books, which Sivy seems to be very fond of :D Next, he'll be buyin a gamecube :p

Q. The Star Wars Holiday Special ....remember ? Name Chewie's wife and kids.... :D

BONUS for a pic :D

mtfbwya
 swphreak
01-21-2005, 7:21 AM
A: Malla and Lumpy (or Mallatobuck and Lumpawarump). And I didn't get the answer from the HS. I remember it from the books :p

If I had my scanner, I could have gotten a good Malla pic from the Chewbacca comic.

Q: What name does Anakin give the ARC trooper that is along for missions in the Clone Wars [Dark Horse] comics?
 Astrotoy7
01-21-2005, 2:56 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
A: Malla and Lumpy (or Mallatobuck and Lumpawarump). And I didn't get the answer from the HS. I remember it from the books :p

If I had my scanner, I could have gotten a good Malla pic from the Chewbacca comic.

Q: What name does Anakin give the ARC trooper that is along for missions in the Clone Wars [Dark Horse] comics?

hmph ! no bonus for you !

Mallatobuck - "malla"
http://www.starwarsholidayspecial.com/images/characters/malla.jpg)

Lumpawarump - "Lumpy" - aka "waroo" in Tyrants Test
http://www.wookiee.org/images/thumbnails/lumpy_thumbnail.gif)

also check out this site - dedicated entirely to the infamous SW Holiday Special :D
http://www.starwarsholidayspecial.com/characters.htm)

Phreaks questions stands

mtfbwya
 Astrotoy7
01-21-2005, 10:02 PM
OK. Sorry to interrupt ! But Im here tp post the tallies and awards for Round 2 of the quiz, which covers posts 51-105 or so....

WE HAVE A TIE !!

http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/EUtally2.jpg)
nb. i have included a running total which includes the round 1 score...

CONGRATULATIONS to StarWarsPhreak and CapNColostomy.... the winner is j00 !

It was definitely the BONUS points that made the difference....

to reward you both for your vast and superior skillz, here is a unusable gift :D
http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/CapPhreak.jpg)

Now, back to the questions !!

Phreak's questions stands

CapNColostomy
01-21-2005, 10:19 PM
That is grand man! Funny stuff. Thanks. I knew all that reading would pay off! But I had no idea I'd be in the CCG! I can finally die!
 El Sitherino
01-21-2005, 10:20 PM
I think it was Alpha and he was able to stand up to Durge. (right?)

if I'm right, someone else can have the question. (I skim the clone wars comics at the comic shop sometimes)
 swphreak
01-22-2005, 7:41 AM

I demand a cooler card. Make it a holocorn card or something.

*stabs Astroy with amphistaff*

And Yes, that's who I was thinking of.
 Astrotoy7
01-22-2005, 6:05 PM

I demand a cooler card. Make it a holocorn card or something.

*stabs Astroy with amphistaff*

And Yes, that's who I was thinking of.

pfft ! phreaky is as phreaky does. Maybe if you win next round you will get a cooler card :p how's your Ewok gf "Bitchita" btw ?? :p

*point awarded to sithy....*

here's some more info for those interested about trooper A-17, dubbed "alpha" by Anakin Skywalker
http://theforce.net/swenc/entrydesc.asp?search=42350)

let's keep it movin along now....

Q. What did Corran Horn use as the main body of his lightsaber, how did he learn to assemble it, and what colour is his blade ?

mtfbwya
 Rogue Nine
01-23-2005, 4:45 AM
a. He made it out of a speeder bike's throttle assembly, following the instructions he gleaned from the information stored into plants by his adopted grandfather Rostek Horn. The blade was silver.
 Astrotoy7
01-23-2005, 5:34 AM
Originally posted by Rogue Nine
a. He made it out of a speeder bike's throttle assembly, following the instructions he gleaned from the information stored into plants by his adopted grandfather Rostek Horn. The blade was silver.

korek te arimasen...!!!!

now ask a question lilttle girl :D

mtfbwya
 Rogue Nine
01-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Q. There is a substance that can be used as a substitute for bacta. Name it, where it is produced, and who produces it.
 swphreak
01-23-2005, 5:42 PM
A: Would it be Kolto from Manaan, produced by the Selkah, and from KOTOR?
 Rogue Nine
01-23-2005, 5:47 PM
Yes, I suppose you're right. Not the answer I was looking for, but I managed to forget, (yet again), that my question could possibly have multiple answers. :x

Bonus points to the one who gets the one I was looking for.
 Astrotoy7
01-23-2005, 11:16 PM
Bonus points to the one who gets the one I was looking for.

you talkin about Ryll right ? Mentioned in the JA trilogy someparts :)

mtfbwya
 swphreak
01-24-2005, 7:50 AM
Well, the Ryll Spice/Bacta combination was used to cure nonhumans on Coruscant after the Krytos Plague.

Are you referring to the Bacta that the native Thyferrians aliens made? I can't remember what Bacta substitute there is...

Is it in one of your games?
 Rogue Nine
01-24-2005, 7:53 AM
Aye, it's ryll. Not exactly the sources I was looking for, but it works.
 Astrotoy7
01-25-2005, 12:51 AM
Aye, it's ryll. Not exactly the sources I was looking for, but it works.

OK. now that drama is over,
1 point = phreak
1 point = astro
Niner = pwned by EU diversity/Phreak skillz

Back to business :

Q. OK...another "movie tie-in" ... Apart from Wedge Antilles, which member of Rogue Squadron(from the XW novels) flew in the Battle of Endor ? What ship did he fly ? What was his role in the battle ?

2 BONUS POINTS !! Get out your ROTJ DVD, take a screenie that shows this pilot's ship :D

*WOW ! a 3 Point Play!* :p

mtfbwya
 Wraith 8
01-25-2005, 2:51 AM
Tycho chelcu (sp?)
he flew an A-wing and he also flew inside the deathstar. he was one of the pilots who led a couple of the tie fighters out of the death star so that lando and wedge could destroy it.

..... take a screen?? hmmm ok hang on :)

edit: BAH! i tried 40 times... i cant take a good screen. somehow the screen is just empty when i take it. oh well... but its the A-wing that enters right behind wedge and in front of lando.

Q: explain how Han got in possession of the Millenium Falcon. try to explain everything that went down with it.
 Astrotoy7
01-25-2005, 7:20 AM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
Tycho chelcu (sp?)
..... take a screen?? hmmm ok hang on :)

edit: BAH! i tried 40 times... i cant take a good screen. somehow the screen is just empty when i take it. oh well... but its the A-wing that enters right behind wedge and in front of lando.

LMAO...lemme guess..you're pressing the PrintScreen key :p

thats NOT how it works !

to take nice screenies you can do two things :

1. open the dvd in Windows Media Player. when you get to the bit you want, press CTRL and i...
2. get windvd 5 or 6. can take screenies frame by frame :D

So, Wraith - I will give you a chance to claim those bonus points, seeing you have had "technical difficulties" :D

The question stands :

Q: explain how Han got in possession of the Millenium Falcon. try to explain everything that went down with it.

mtfbwya
 swphreak
01-25-2005, 8:32 AM
A: Han Solo won the Falcon in a Sabbac match against Lando in a tournament on Bespin.

Here's some more info: Han lost the Falcon to Lando, and then Han won it back again. I can't remember how many times, but in the end, Lando let Han win the last time, and they now have a rule where they can't bet the Falcon anymore :p
 Astrotoy7
01-26-2005, 1:10 AM
yep, thats pretty much teh way I remember it Phreak.....ask a question :)

mtfbwya
 Wraith 8
01-26-2005, 1:48 AM
Bah those screens aint working :( forget the bonus poinst /cry.
and uhm yeah its how it went down. was hoping for one small detail :) when lando told him he could pick out a spaceship he hoped he would pick one out of the forward line. not the one in the back that he was preparing as a personal yacht. and han picked that one ofcourse :) but thats ok :)

Wraith 8
 Astrotoy7
01-26-2005, 4:57 AM
too bad with the screenie wraith....you missed out on 2 bonus points.... :(

something like this would have sufficed...http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/tycho.jpg)

I will resume,

Q. Name 6 of the first members from the Yavin 4 Praxeum..... ??

2 POINT BONUS : If you can name all 12 :D

mtfbwya
 swphreak
01-26-2005, 6:41 AM
A: Let's see. There's Kam Solusar, Gantoris, Streen, Brakiss, Tionne, Dorsk 81, Kirana Ti, Corran Horn, and Kyle Katarn. Those are the original 9 I can remember off the top of my head.

Kyp Durron and Clighal came soon after the first batch.

Googling reveals that Cray Minglas, Nichos Marr, and an unnamed alien could be in the original 12...
 Wraith 8
01-26-2005, 7:36 AM
come on phreak ask a new question when you answer :p
 swphreak
01-26-2005, 8:01 AM
I may have not gotten it right.

*shrugs*

[/AstroEdit] 3 POINT PLAY !

Q: Recite the Sith Code.
 Wraith 8
01-26-2005, 2:18 PM
*reads his own sig banner :p*

Peace is a lie! There is only passion
Through passion i gain strength
through strength i gain power
through power i gain victory
through victory my chains are broken
the force shall free me

bing evil is great :p hey without evil there cannot be good so it must be good to be evil :p

oh btw. this is from the game: Knights of the old republic. when you have infiltrated the sith traingin base and you need to keep up apearance you have to learn the sith code. i actually was already going dark side and evil cause its so much cooler :) so i was realy into it :)

Q: Who was really behind the coupe and riots in the corellia system in the corellian trilogy. and what was so special about them?
 swphreak
01-26-2005, 2:25 PM
A: EASY! Thracken Sal-Solo. Thracken is Han's first cousin. He looks like Han except for his beard.

Q: Who did Leia hire as a nanny during the Solo's visit to Corellia, what species was the nanny, and name the nanny's droid.
 Astrotoy7
01-26-2005, 10:47 PM
A: EASY! Thracken Sal-Solo. Thracken is Han's first cousin. He looks like Han except for his beard.

Q: Who did Leia hire as a nanny during the Solo's visit to Corellia, what species was the nanny, and name the nanny's droid.

hmmm....

Im only speculating....

Cakhmaim and Winter were charged with guarding the twins. Cakhmaim of course being a noghri and Winter an alderaanian female. They eventually ended up on Anoth. The droids on hand were the TDL nanny droid and 3po(on and off)...

I'm not 100% sure if this is what you are after so I'm deferring asking a question until you confirm :)

mtfbwya
 swphreak
01-27-2005, 5:41 AM
Nope, during their family visit to Corellia.
 Wraith 8
01-27-2005, 9:49 AM
uhm first of all. you were wrong phreak :p tracjan sal solo wasnt behind all the riots and coupe in the corellia system :p just for the planet corellia :p

and to answer your question:
he was a Drall.. specie. i got the dutch word for it tho :). from one of the corellian sytem planets named: Drall

his name was Ebrihim. and he had a droid as assistant his number was: Q9-X2. he was a droid with a personality. never wanting to really listen and always in for an argument. he was also always upgrading himself without asking for new upgrades. he looked a bit like R2-D2. but he could float on repulsers. and he could talk. instead of beeps.

i got this info from the corellian trilogy and tyhe book is named: ambush at corellia.

my question stands. :)
Q: Who was really behind the coupe and riots in the corellia system in the corellian trilogy. and what was so special about them?
 swphreak
01-27-2005, 10:04 AM
He may not be the one who is in charge, but he is the one who gets blamed. Someone unknown is pulling the strings. If they even said who, I can;t remember. Thracken instigated the civil war...
 Wraith 8
01-27-2005, 12:03 PM
yeah for the civil war on corellia again :) but not on talus or tralus or selonia or drall :) there was someone or some group who "funded" those groups to start riots :)
 Astrotoy7
01-27-2005, 3:51 PM
....Someone unknown is pulling the strings. If they even said who, I can't remember. ...

hmm. interesting. I was never too fond of the corellian trilogy :( Lookalikes and distant cousins are just as bad as clones, and EU has had *enough* of clones already !

OK. Wraith's question stands:
Q: Who was really behind the coup and riots in the corellia system in the corellian trilogy. and what was so special about them?
btw..*coup is the correct spelling, coupe is a 2 door car......no biggie :)*

Leave your question up for a day or so more Wraith. If no-one answers, give us your answer, so we can decide if Phreakage deserves any points... :p Feel free to ask a new question, or pass for anyone else to ask :)

mtfbwya
 Shok_Tinoktin
01-27-2005, 4:07 PM
i think he is referring to the triad, which was the ruling group on Sacorria, consisting of one Human, one Drall, and one Selonian. It was from the third Corellian Trilogy book: Showdown at Centerpoint.

If I'm correct, then I pass the next question to whoever wants to ask one.
 Astrotoy7
01-28-2005, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
i think he is referring to the triad, which was the ruling group on Sacorria, consisting of one Human, one Drall, and one Selonian. It was from the third Corellian Trilogy book: Showdown at Centerpoint.

If I'm correct, then I pass the next question to whoever wants to ask one.

OK...

from CUSWE, of course :
...This was the primary governmental body of the planet Sacorria. It was formed from three leaders, each representing one of the three main races - human, Selonian, and Drall - which made Sacorria their home

Shortly after the defeat of Grand Admiral Thrawn, the Triad attempted to secede from the New Republic and take control of the Corellian Sector. They made a deal with Thrackan Sal-Solo, who provided his Human League members as disposable troops in return for his chance to become Diktat of the Corellian System. ....

I'm awarding Shok the point. Wraith, Im not sure what you meant by 'what was so special about them', apart from perhaps they comprised three different races... ? please confirm :)

ok, back to the questions....

Q. There is an astromech in Obi-Wans Jedi Starfighter in EpII,,,,,what is its name, where was it found and by whom ?

BONUS : a pic :D
 Wraith 8
01-28-2005, 1:14 AM
yes the answer is correct :) the Triad funded all riots in the system to take control of the corellian planets. and yeah the speacial thing was that they consisted of being a drall, selonia and human because those 3 didnt really get along ... i mean the species that:)

A: R4-P17. He was located IN the ship. his body wasnt really visable because it was inside the ship itself. R4 couldnt be removed an ride around. only his head was able to turn. so no arms to reach certain areas of a ship like R2-D2.
btw its a starfighter Delta-7 :)
now your question of whom..... i dont know what to say on,

but i do have a pic :p

bow i wll wait till you tell me its the right answer :)
 Astrotoy7
01-29-2005, 7:37 PM
point awarded to wraith... :)

*R4 actually originally belonged to obi-wan and had a female personality, but was modifies by anakin for use in the jedi starfighter... there's an entry at the official site :D

http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/r4p17/?id=eu)

feel free to ask a question wraith :D

mtfbwya
 Wraith 8
01-30-2005, 11:37 AM
ok :)

A: How did General Cracken die?
 Wraith 8
01-31-2005, 2:23 PM
Is the question to hard?
 Jan Gaarni
01-31-2005, 10:05 PM
It shouldn't be, I think.
 Wraith 8
02-01-2005, 12:18 AM
well im gonna keep the question for another day then ill ask an easier one :) like who was luke's dad :p :p ;)
 Astrotoy7
02-01-2005, 3:33 AM
well im gonna keep the question for another day then ill ask an easier one :) like who was luke's dad :p :p ;)

pfft....last I looked wraith you hadnt won any of the previous rounds.... :p

Ive been embroiled in epic events at the swamp....

OK, Ive tried CUSWE, SW.com and general googling. I cant see any indication that General Airen Cracken has died... :(

enlighten us, Wraith :) Please provide a valid *reference* nb. if you are quoting a sourcebook, you *will* be shot :p

Q. What is a Corellian Bloodstripe, how is one earnt, and who has one ?

BONUS : pic !

mtfbwya
 Wraith 8
02-01-2005, 4:57 AM
OOOPS!! and i mean HUGE oops :( i confused the generals :)
I mean general madine if im right. the book is doomday device. with the Darksaber in it.

bloodstripes is awarded for humans because of heroic deeds.
the bloodstripes has red and gold if im right. persons who wear it is: Han Solo. en myn donos

i dont have a link to the pics but i found a site with them on.
http://www.swc-corellia.com/awards.html)

they are at the bottom
 Astrotoy7
02-01-2005, 5:15 AM
OOOPS!! and i mean HUGE oops :( i confused the generals :)
I mean general madine if im right. the book is doomday device. with the Darksaber in it.

bloodstripes is awarded for humans because of heroic deeds.
the bloodstripes has red and gold if im right. persons who wear it is: Han Solo. en myn donos

i dont have a link to the pics but i found a site with them on.
http://www.swc-corellia.com/awards.html)

they are at the bottom

OK. you are correct, but I am *very tempted* to deduct points for your FALSE QUESTION ! I wont though, because I am a nice guy :D

And here were you and Jan, strutting like you know more than Astro/CUSWE/SW.com/Google ....pfft !! :p (JK)

I'll resume, lest you lead us astray again wraith :p

Q. Obi Wan Kenobi's(ANH era) lightsaber...what happenned to it !? Locations, Names and References Plz !

mtfbwya
 Astrotoy7
02-03-2005, 3:09 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
Q. Obi Wan Kenobi's(ANH era) lightsaber...what happenned to it !? Locations, Names and References Plz !

Ok, it seems no-one reads SW kids books :p

Kenobi's saber was taken by Vader as a keepsake, after 'defeating' him on DS1. The saber was taken to Vaders castle(on Vjun), and was later discovered by a young anakin solo. This is described in the story "Kenobi's Blade" in the "Junior Jedi Knights" series...

OK. I'll go easy this time ;)

Q. Who is Bevel Lemelisk, where is he from, and what did he do of significance ??

mtfbwya
 Rogue Nine
02-03-2005, 3:23 PM
A. He was an Imperial fighter designer, I have no idea where he's from. He did design two little projects called Death Stars, if I recall correctly. The first I remember reading about him is in Kevin Anderson's novel Darksaber.
Page: 3 of 5