Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MECK Project - Enter Jabba's Palace side quest

Page: 1 of 3
 Xavier2
12-20-2004, 7:55 PM
Enter Jabba's Palace, the new mod of the MECK Project (Movie Episodes Conversion for Kotor), is finally out in http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/9226.html)

Edit: Direct PCGM Download link...
http://pcgamemods.com/core/9226/MECKProject-EnterJabbaspalace.rar) -RH

Mod link at Prime's site: http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/jabba.html)

This mod adds new models, skins and a new side quest for KOTOR with 2 new areas. It takes place in Tatooine and blends with the normal game allowing you to choose if you will lean towards the light or dark side. In order to enable the quest you will have to land on Tatooine for the first time, look for a
pair of X-Wing pilots in Tatooine docking bay and talk to them.

The new models and skins are:

X-Wing Pilot uniform (new skin for the soldier clothes):
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Only avaiable for PC male soldiers
Defense +2
Damage Resistance 5/- Acid, Cold, Ion, Fire

Upgradeable
Mesh Underlay - Damage Resistance 15/- Ion, but Reflex penalty -1
Armor Reinforcement - Defense +4, but Reflex penalty -1

EE-3 Blaster rifle (new model of Boba Fett rifle):
------------------------------------------------------------
Bonus feat - Master Sniper Shot and Master Dueling

Upgradeable
Hair Trigger - Attack bonus +1
Scope - Keen
Beam Splitter - Damage bonus Ion 1d4
Imp Energy Cell - Damage bonus Energy 1d4

DL-18 Blaster Pistol (New model of Jabba's henchmen pistol):
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Constitution damage On Hit DC14
Damage bonus Energy +3

Upgradeable
Hair Trigger - Damage bonus Energy +4
Scope - Keen
Beam Splitter - Attack bonus +3 and Damage bonus vs Droid +2
Imp Energy Cell - Attack bonus +1 and Slow On Hit DC14 25% for 3 rounds

Boba Fett Outfit (new model of Boba Fett armor with a JetPack):
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Armor proficiency required: Heavy
Defense +5
Immunity Sneak Attack, Poison, Paralysis
Awereness +4
Bonus feat Sneak Attack VI

Please read the included ReadMe file. There is important info and tips on the side quest.

Here are some EXCLUSIVE pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/EnterJabbasPalace18.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/EnterJabbasPalace19.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/EnterJabbasPalace20.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/EnterJabbasPalace21.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/EnterJabbasPalace22.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/EnterJabbasPalace23.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/EnterJabbasPalace24.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/EnterJabbasPalace25.jpg)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that loading the "autosave" save game tends to corrupt the Dune Sea area while Enter Jabba's Palace is in.
 ChAiNz.2da
12-20-2004, 8:11 PM
Many tears of joy will come from this!

This looks absolutely stunning and for those who are waiting for the PC TSL release...well this is going to fill in a very 'empty' feeling.

and probably bring some of the current TSL players back to the original ;)

Amazing work Xavier2 (and to everyone else involved). I'm starting a new (or new-ish) game just for this mod... Thanks for the rejuvenation and desire to actually 'play' the game again! :D

:thumbsup: :fett: :thumbsup:
 RedHawke
12-20-2004, 10:20 PM
Xavier2,

Nice to see you you finally released this! I'll give it a runthrough after I finish TSL, and one of us fixes the Jawa Shop Incompatability... I just have to have my shiny stones! :D
From MECK Readme
This side quest was intended to be compatible with Redhawke Jawa Shop and new planet Ord Madell. Although both mods were working fine together in the begining of the production, in the later steps of development the jawa shop seemed to be unavaiable. I tried to solve this but wasn't able to make it work.
This is why, when you release a mod that uses scripts, you should always include your Mods source .nss scripts, then people can help to figure out what is happening, and fix these sort of problems. ;)

Once again, from the screenies it looks like you guys did a bang-up job on this one! :D

EDIT: What version of the Jawa Shop were you using, the first one 1.0 that you had to talk to the Mechanic, or the one 1.1 that used the onenter script to spawn the Entrance Jawa?
 Xavier2
12-20-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
EDIT: What version of the Jawa Shop were you using, the first one 1.0 that you had to talk to the Mechanic, or the one 1.1 that used the onenter script to spawn the Entrance Jawa?
Hey, i completely forgot about this. That is why i can't see the shop. I haven't talked to the mechanic when i was testing. If that is the case i think there isn't any imcompatibility issue after all.:D

You can't even imagine how dumb i was assuming the shop spawns at the OnEnter script, i have both versions of the Jawa shop but i just saw the one installed is the 1.0...:p

And i completely forgot to add the source scripts...:( I will include in a future version 1.1.

EDIT : It is compatible with the Jawa shop. Sorry for the mistake.:D
 tomwaz
12-20-2004, 11:03 PM
This is great!!

I'm getting my copy of Kotor 2 in the next few days (hopefully it will ship on christmas day but probably not).

This is sure to keep me very excited about it and hold the urges to go somewhere and play it. I want the kotor 2 experience to last, not just a few minutes at a mates house.

Great work Xavier2, Keep it up!
 Doom_Dealer
12-20-2004, 11:44 PM
Great work mate, a real achievment!

I'm glad you ironed out those bugs that were found at its come out brilliantly :)
 Renegade Angel
12-21-2004, 2:05 AM
*drooling*
MECK rocks!
 DarthMarv
12-21-2004, 2:23 AM
juhu howdy how it's finished !!!
damn it' rocks (i like the boba fett styl :D )
:fett: :fett: :fett: :eek: :eek:
 Darkkender
12-21-2004, 2:50 AM
Darn this is what I get for not staying online longer last night. I can't wait to DL and give it a run through.
 viscen
12-21-2004, 5:03 AM
:drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2:

wow great mod i love it im still stunned ty again for all your hard work u have put in
 Durge
12-21-2004, 5:07 AM
This is a great mod but i think there may ba a problem to it. I get up to the part where i talk to the pilot , i get the quest, and search in the dune sea, but when i see a gomorrean pilot(sorry if its spelled wrong) my guy walks up to him but they dont talk? (is it the mod or is it just me)

nm i see it!!!! i forgot how it said first time lol

Edited by Darth333: I merged your two last posts. Please use the edit button instead of double posting ;)
 DarthMarv
12-21-2004, 5:39 AM
ok i can help you. First you must go to the another swoop bikes in the dune sea (the destructed swoop bikes) then there came two gamorian to kill you . Then you talk to them and ask about the pilot . Then there go and you can go to the pilot(talk to him) . AND TADA
YOU ARE IN JABBAS PLACE!!:cool: :cool:
 stingerhs
12-21-2004, 6:04 AM
hey, great work guys. i really wish i could have been more help, but life just throws ya too many curveballs sometimes. oh well, i'm looking forward to playing it on my new computer thats coming on wednesday. :D
 Lorden Darkblade
12-21-2004, 7:25 AM
Very nice job Xavier!!!
Now, a bit off topic but anyone knows when The Sith Lords will come out for PC?
 Koshir0
12-21-2004, 7:33 AM
Originally posted by Uchiha Itachi
Very nice job Xavier!!!
Now, a bit off topic but anyone knows when The Sith Lords will come out for PC?

February 2nd, I think.
 Mono_Giganto
12-21-2004, 7:48 AM
Good work Xavier, I sent you a redone model for the DL-18 and the Pilot helmet, did you ever get those? From the screens I wouldn't think you did.

If you didn't get those, I assume you didn't get your UV map either...
 Xavier2
12-21-2004, 8:54 AM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Good work Xavier, I sent you a redone model for the DL-18 and the Pilot helmet, did you ever get those? From the screens I wouldn't think you did.

If you didn't get those, I assume you didn't get your UV map either...
I got it a bit after the release, unfortunatelly. Maybe you could release it as an add-on to the side quest? Anyway. Thanks for the UV Map as you can see in the WIP thread i placed within the body texture and will work on the body model a bit more...;)
 Mono_Giganto
12-21-2004, 9:16 AM
Will do, in fact that gives me the opportunity to improve that helmet, it was pretty bad now that I look at it. :^:
 Jord-odan
12-21-2004, 9:21 AM
Maybe it's just me but no matter what I do this mod doesn't work... I get as far as recieving the 300 xp for talking to the G-pilot then when I go to use the speeder nothing happens, I've tried this with my mods installed, and even after deleting all the other mods temporarily of course ;) still nothing, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated
 Mono_Giganto
12-21-2004, 9:25 AM
Talk to the gamorrean pilot right next to the speeder, if he runs away, and the module doesn't load, check inside you Modules folder.

Xavier2 put all the contents into sub-folders, so if you look inside Modules, and there's a folder titled Modules, inside THAT should be Jabba_Entrance and Jabba_Palace, put these into SWKotOR/Modules where they should go. I had the same problem when I tested this. :D
 Jord-odan
12-21-2004, 9:42 AM
Though I appreciate the idea I had already put the proper files into their corresponding folders... trust me when I say everything is where it should be and still nothing works
 Xavier2
12-21-2004, 9:57 AM
Originally posted by Jord-odan
Maybe it's just me but no matter what I do this mod doesn't work... I get as far as recieving the 300 xp for talking to the G-pilot then when I go to use the speeder nothing happens, I've tried this with my mods installed, and even after deleting all the other mods temporarily of course ;) still nothing, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated
Read the Readme and pay attention to the journals. Enter Jabba's Palace blends with an original side quest of Kotor. Before talking to the Gamorrean pilot you will need to complete this original side quest as well...

HINT: The pics can pretty much tell you which original side quest i am talking about.:D

EDIT: and DarthMarv has already explained it all a few posts above.
 Jord-odan
12-21-2004, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Xavier2
[B]Read the Readme and pay attention to the journals. Enter Jabba's Palace blends with an original side quest of Kotor. Before talking to the Gamorrean pilot you will need to complete this original side quest as well...

Ok guys don't worry about it, I've not resolved the issue, but I'm not going to sit here and be made to feel like I can't read... nor install things accordingly.

I've followed the plot lines, I've done the proper side quests, I've played this game through and through on the xbox and pc several times... I know which side quests you're referring too, however nothing still works. so other than go insane I'll just pass on what I'm sure turned out to be an awesome mod that just doesn't seem to work for my system.
 Xavier2
12-21-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Jord-odan
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Xavier2
[B]Read the Readme and pay attention to the journals. Enter Jabba's Palace blends with an original side quest of Kotor. Before talking to the Gamorrean pilot you will need to complete this original side quest as well...

Ok guys don't worry about it, I've not resolved the issue, but I'm not going to sit here and be made to feel like I can't read... nor install things accordingly.

I've followed the plot lines, I've done the proper side quests, I've played this game through and through on the xbox and pc several times... I know which side quests you're referring too, however nothing still works. so other than go insane I'll just pass on what I'm sure turned out to be an awesome mod that just doesn't seem to work for my system.
I meant no offense Jord-odan. I didn't mentioned which plot exactly because i like the idea it should have the feel of an actual in game side quest where is not always that easy to find your way around.

It makes sense if you think that the pilots don't know anything about the missing companion other than where he has headed. It is supposed to be a little tricky...

This outcome you mention, the inability to move forward only happens when you choose certain dialog options, simply because you haven't enough info to do so. In this case, the journals state that fact to you.

I don't know if that is the case. Could you PM me with info on the point where you got stucked and the last journal entry you are seeing?
 Mono_Giganto
12-21-2004, 10:44 AM
try this:

Use the warp cheat and warp to Jabba_Entrance and Jabba_Palace. If you can't warp to either, then something isn't in the right place, if you can, then you've likely finished the quest before installing the mod, etc.
 Jord-odan
12-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Guys it's ok, I'll try the warp cheat when I get back to playin, as for now I'm just kinda tryin to mod somethin ;) I'm not upset or anythin its all cool
 Renegade Angel
12-21-2004, 11:24 AM
In the pictures everyone is fighting.
I got those things in Jabba's Container, talked to the pilot but nothing happens.
 Xavier2
12-21-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Chains
In the pictures everyone is fighting.
I got those things in Jabba's Container, talked to the pilot but nothing happens.
Well the container is locked, it shouldn't open till a certain dialog becomes available...PM me a description of what happened.

Have you used any cheats or warped to the module?
 viscen
12-21-2004, 12:56 PM
sry to bother u and really sound like a clutz but as a refer the readme says to talk to x-wing pilots in the docking area(thats where your ship is right?)well im searching that area high and dry looking for the x-wing pilots but they dont seem to be anywhere to be found i relize they have a new skin well can someone point me in the right direction. do u talk to the pilots first thing in the docking area? where in the docking area are they? this is the first time im at the docking area as well the readme says its the first time. well my little cousin is calling me so i have to quit writing i wrote everything i have figured out so please help

(i just want to see boba fett :( )
 Xavier2
12-21-2004, 1:11 PM
Originally posted by viscen
sry to bother u and really sound like a clutz but as a refer the readme says to talk to x-wing pilots in the docking area(thats where your ship is right?)well im searching that area high and dry looking for the x-wing pilots but they dont seem to be anywhere to be found i relize they have a new skin well can someone point me in the right direction. do u talk to the pilots first thing in the docking area? where in the docking area are they? this is the first time im at the docking area as well the readme says its the first time. well my little cousin is calling me so i have to quit writing i wrote everything i have figured out so please help

(i just want to see boba fett :( )
Take a look at the pic #9 (link is in pcgamemods) That is where you will find the X-Wing pilots.
 Colma Adawin
12-21-2004, 1:27 PM
:drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2:

that is all i can say, im too stunned at the greatness of this mod

(oh, wait i did say sommit :p)

MattCole
 DarkBlade2Z
12-21-2004, 2:53 PM
WOW!!! This is amazing, now only if we had a Sarlacc to go along with it :rolleyes:.... (Insert hopeful thinking :D )
 viscen
12-21-2004, 3:23 PM
thank you for your help, i found out the problem when i extracted the files the files went with them so i had to take them out of the files i just finished the quest

i tried to kill jabba as well didnt work out too well :( but he gave me what i wanted

thank you so much

and keep up the good work
 Xavier2
12-21-2004, 3:29 PM
thank you for your help, i found out the problem when i extracted the files the files went with them so i had to take them out of the files i just finished the quest

i tried to kill jabba as well didnt work out too well :( but he gave me what i wanted

thank you so much

and keep up the good work
Glad it worked out for you. Now there are a few other options of dialogs with some party members, some of them even with sounds. Try following a diferent path and have fun.:)
 artik88
12-21-2004, 3:49 PM
ok, i got the Stormtrooper and clonetrooper mods in my override folder and i'm wondering what to edit inorder to keep those mods and still use the jabba mod.
 Xavier2
12-21-2004, 4:10 PM
Originally posted by artik88
ok, i got the Stormtrooper and clonetrooper mods in my override folder and i'm wondering what to edit inorder to keep those mods and still use the jabba mod.
Here you can find an appearance.2da and heads.2da that already makes the stormtroopers and clonetroopers compatible:

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/)

Now to make the above compatible with Enter Jabba's Palace all In you will need is to add some rows as follows:

storm/clone troopers app.2da:

add the entrys (in all cells) of rows # 509 to 519 of Enter Jabba's Palace app.2da

In storm/clone troopers heads.2da:

add the entrys (in all cells) of rows # 107 #108 to 119 of Enter Jabba's Palace heads.2da

If you would like more info on 2da type editing please refer to the guide for the newbie stickie.

Hope it helps.;)

EDIT: Also refer to the Clone Trooper thread. There you will find a complete explanation of the process by Chainz.

EDIT2: The correct row number in heads.2da is #108 as you can see above.
 artik88
12-21-2004, 4:41 PM
errr umm thanks but ouch, you must be one heck of a patient guy to do all those feilds. i looked at them and jeez, its to bad u cant copy the row and 'paste' it into the new 2da file.

:eek: :confused:
 artik88
12-21-2004, 5:43 PM
i finished with the Appearence.2da file but the heads.2da is odd, the numbering doesnt match, ex. i already have #107 etc filled in by the Clone/Storm mod
 Archonon
12-21-2004, 8:21 PM
Hey Xavier.

First off beautiful mod, it's outstanding. I was wondering something related to the clonetrooper mod, I'm pretty sure I know what the answer will be but just in case I thought I'd ask. I know the clonetrooper mod changes the Appearance.2da and heads.2da files which must be reedited in other to work with this side quest. I'm only using the personal clonetrooper suit, not the Republic soldier replacements so do I still need to edit these files? Or since I'm only using the wearable clone armors will it work without the editing?

I'm guessing even the wearable armors change the 2da files which means I'd have to edit it anyways in order for both to be compatible but since I'm not 100% sure I wanted confirmation.

Thanks a lot for all the help and great job on Jabba's Palace, I look forward to seeing this and the Ord Mantell planet if I can use them.
 Xavier2
12-21-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Archonon
Hey Xavier.

First off beautiful mod, it's outstanding. I was wondering something related to the clonetrooper mod, I'm pretty sure I know what the answer will be but just in case I thought I'd ask. I know the clonetrooper mod changes the Appearance.2da and heads.2da files which must be reedited in other to work with this side quest.
You are too kind. Thanks.

I'm only using the personal clonetrooper suit, not the Republic soldier replacements so do I still need to edit these files?
No need to edit appearence.2da or heads.2da in this case.
 Xavier2
12-21-2004, 11:26 PM
i finished with the Appearence.2da file but the heads.2da is odd, the numbering doesnt match, ex. i already have #107 etc filled in by the Clone/Storm mod
My mistake. the row#107 in heads.2da is the actual stormtrooper head. I am correcting the post.
 ChAiNz.2da
12-22-2004, 12:49 AM
Hey Xavier2 and everyone else.

I figured this would come up so to try to beat 'most' of the on-rush of .2da merging, I've already done it.

Download Merged [MECK] Storm-Clone Trooper and Jabba's Palace .2da Files (17.3kb) (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/download/Merged-MECK_Storm_Clone_Jabba-2da.zip)

These .2da's are based off of the merged files I did for the Trooper Mods, so if you're using it, just overwrite it with this one. :D READ THE README (http://www.jumpstationz.com/kotor) screens/readme-StormCloneJabba2da.txt) - any other mod using these .2da's will have to be edited further...

referral thread:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141110)

And like last time, any and all members of the [MECK] Project Team and/or Holowan Laboratories (with permission from [MECK]) has my permission to post/host/modify this file on their site(s) and/or use in their future Mods. ONLY the 2 mentioned parties have this permission.

I don't know if you have a site yet Xavier2, so I'll host it on my server till you get one setup or another of your [MECK] Teammates wants to host it. OR, feel free to post it at pcgamemods (I won't). It would be better for it to be listed under your username so pplz can find it easier (just mention my little name in your readme if you do, please)... ONLY Xavier2 has this permission... (same goes for you Prime for the Trooper merged files) :)

The link to the file will ONLY be posted here until (if) it finds a home on a [MECK] member site (or THEY post it). And of course, I will remove this file at any of [MECK] Team's request...

-----------------------------------
I created this before I read about the heads.2da Row #107 entry, so it IS in the merged heads.2da. HOWEVER, I changed normalhead values in the appearance.2da to point to the proper lines.

There shouldn't be any problems keeping the line in there (of the merged files)...but removing it will cause you to have to re-enter values in this appearance.2da ...Best to leave it alone for now ;)

Because this appearance.2da and Xavier2's original Rows (for Jabba Palace) are identical, no modyfing of .uti files (Subtype Values) are necesssary.

-----------------------------------
I STILL implore everyone to learn the .2da editing process (check out the referral thread posted above). I'm not always going to do this (especially if I'm busy working on my own mods) but I have a deep respect for the [MECK] Team and their Mods. Plus, I enjoy doing what little I can, when I can, to help out everyone here at Holowan. I'm sure everyone else here does as well :thumbsup:
 Xavier2
12-22-2004, 1:14 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
Hey Xavier2 and everyone else.

I figured this would come up so to try to beat 'most' of the on-rush of .2da merging, I've already done it.

------------------------ removed to save space ------------------
I STILL implore everyone to learn the .2da editing process (check out the referral thread posted above). I'm not always going to do this (especially if I'm busy working on my own mods) but I have a deep respect for the [MECK] Team and their Mods. Plus, I enjoy doing what little I can, when I can, to help out everyone here at Holowan. I'm sure everyone else here does as well :thumbsup:
Thanks ChaiNZ. But i am cool if you post it in pcgamemods. Just as Mono_Giganto did with the DL-18 blaster pistol.
 MysticTeal96
12-22-2004, 7:23 AM
Impressive, Most Impressive! *nuff said*

Are there any plans to add some droids from the movies :bdroid2:
say the SuperBattle droid from Ep2 or the interrigator droid from Ep4. Just a few suggestions!

Droids Rule!
 Mono_Giganto
12-22-2004, 7:42 AM
Perhaps you should check Xavier's work in progress.
 Darkkender
12-22-2004, 7:57 AM
Originally posted by MysticTeal96
Impressive, Most Impressive! *nuff said*

Are there any plans to add some droids from the movies :bdroid2:
say the SuperBattle droid from Ep2 or the interrigator droid from Ep4. Just a few suggestions!

Droids Rule!

Are we talking about the droids from Xavier2's WIP thread?
 MysticTeal96
12-22-2004, 9:12 AM
I just went through Xavier2's Wip, and he definately has the right Idea, although on the Sith droid model I think it would look better as a Super Battle Droid ;)
And that covers the droid for the Clonewars fans but what about for use with the stormtroopers mod? No C3PO fans out there?

Anyway big droid fan, and just started working on a mod myself.
Thanks for the inspiration!
 Darkkender
12-22-2004, 9:17 AM
Lets discuss this at the WIP thread.
 artik88
12-22-2004, 12:17 PM
i need help, i got the mod to work, found the pilts, talked to the pigs that ambush me, talked the pig pilot to set the auto pilot and now nothing happens when i try to use the speeder.

:( :confused:
 Xavier2
12-22-2004, 1:45 PM
i need help, i got the mod to work, found the pilts, talked to the pigs that ambush me, talked the pig pilot to set the auto pilot and now nothing happens when i try to use the speeder.

:( :confused:
The dialog with the Gamorrean pilot is supposed to load an area, jabba_entrance, a few seconds after he starts running away. If the area is not loading check if the 'Modules' folder of your SwKotor directory have a file called jabba_entrance.mod.
Page: 1 of 3